Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
When playing cops and robbers or whatever with my friends when I was a kid and I shot them with bullets they suddenly proclaimed they had bullet-proof vests. Of course, I retaliated by saying I had bullet-proof vest piercing bullets, and the cycle went on in an endless spiral of half-assed rebuttals and imaginary one-upmanship.

This feels like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

When playing cops and robbers or whatever with my friends when I was a kid and I shot them with bullets they suddenly proclaimed they had bullet-proof vests. Of course, I retaliated by saying I had bullet-proof vest piercing bullets, and the cycle went on in an endless spiral of half-assed rebuttals and imaginary one-upmanship.

This feels like that.

Well, clearly we need to just chill our pills and let lazerbot's genius 'splain it all.

edit: Oh, no. Actually Troll King is a villain God Mode Sue! "God Mode Sue is so powerful because he or she often gets new powers as the plot demands"

Speedboat Jones fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 17, 2012

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Troll King being annoyingly DBZ-like against Mario? Suddenly boring fight sequences after a series of increasingly amazing chapters? It's like the story has suddenly taken a turn for the lovely!

Guys guys... What if... WE are the ones who are being trolled? :tinfoil:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You guys need to cut Lazerbot some slack. Let him tell his story at his own pace. This fight is only a few pages long so far, and for all you know it's leading up to something amazing.

Chill your pill.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Best be, cuz it's no longer dramatic tension anymore.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Can only hear the Troll King as Mojo Jojo now.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

This feels like that.

That's totally what he's doing and it's hilarious.
Five updates of Mario just getting punched in the face and saying "hm oh poo poo he's strong?" was boring. Blatant making-poo poo-up attacks with overlong explanations of them while they're happening is funny.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This was Vegeta's Final Flash essentially.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Is Mario going to kill the troll king and his troll essence will then be bestowed upon him? I would not be surprised if that happens, and Tails will be forced to kill Mario, the new troll king.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Alucard posted:

Is Mario going to kill the troll king and his troll essence will then be bestowed upon him? I would not be surprised if that happens, and Tails will be forced to kill Mario, the new troll king.

Nah, I thought Mario would win for a while but it's pretty clear that he's not going to at this point. RIP :mario:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mario knows the robot arm will absorb and duplicate the power. Then the troll king will use the attack, but because mario is in metal form the fire will instead seek the troll king. It's all his plan.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

For my two cents reading this fight in one sitting as opposed to waiting for each page like this would be a totally different experience.

Marios powers are flashing before our eyes like his life must be before his. I'm loving it.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
It is starting to drag a bit now :(. I have faith that lazerbot has something awesome coming up though.

Fake edit: When did this get moved to the comics forum?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Sleekly posted:

For my two cents reading this fight in one sitting as opposed to waiting for each page like this would be a totally different experience.

Marios powers are flashing before our eyes like his life must be before his. I'm loving it.
you know, I think you're right. No matter how awesome a comic is, the when update schedule lags people start getting bored.

I remember when I was growing up the pacing of DBZ fights wasn't what pissed me off the most: it was that they would restart the entire series in the middle of the fight and we'd be back on the road to Namek. For years

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

kidcoelacanth posted:

Can only hear the Troll King as Mojo Jojo now.

Paging Aramek.

I know you can.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
This fight is intense

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

White Dog Eggs posted:

It is starting to drag a bit now :(. I have faith that lazerbot has something awesome coming up though.

Fake edit: When did this get moved to the comics forum?

Like the trolls before us, we have been cast out (of gbs)

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

BSS isn't public right? So at least lazerbot can't read our comments and be influenced by them anymore.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
BSS can be read without a forums account, if I remember my lurking days right.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Sniper Party posted:

BSS can be read without a forums account, if I remember my lurking days right.

BSS can definitely be read without a forums account - easy to see this if you just log out and check.

Although it's possible Lazerbot was just checking GBS to find the thread and since it got moved will lose track of it. I've definitely seen people completely miss a thread because it got moved, before.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty8f4AVQnoo
Hey, check it out, Chapter 2 Part 1!
I'm taking this thing all the way, babby!

(As always, thanks to Aramek, he's amazing)

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 17, 2012

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Cool to see you're still working on it. And yeah, Aramek is amazing with those vocal fighting sound effects.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
I don't know why but Silver having a southern accent just works for me.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

withheldmcfakename posted:

I don't know why but Silver having a southern accent just works for me.

Yeah. I also feel like his voice was a bit different in this chapter compared to the first one.

Otherwise I love it. I keep laughing whenever I hear some lines.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The variance in the voices and talent therein makes me believe in humanity. Something more than humanity.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
As I have no idea who Silver is expect a different voice for him in each chapter. :v:

I'm making most of these up as I go, so, there's a lot of inconsistency, but, that adds to the fun of it all. :allears:

Also, the Troll King's lines so far haven't been all rapid like Mojo Jo Jo's would be, but, I think I can do a Mojo voice if you'd like. (Here's a thing I did as Mojo talking about how awesome Legend of Korra is.)

Aramek fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 18, 2012

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty8f4AVQnoo
Hey, check it out, Chapter 2 Part 1!
I'm taking this thing all the way, babby!

(As always, thanks to Aramek, he's amazing)

This is legendary.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Another brilliant entry into the motion comic of Tails Gets Trolled.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
People need to stop worrying if this is sorta-legit-good or so-bad-it's-good, and just enjoy it as it comes.

Then again, I haven't watched Anime for a while. So I don't run into too many people whipping out powers so convoluted that they have to take a break to explain them. Or even more convoluted counter-powers that specifically stop this one thing. So this is still pretty drat hilariously ridiculous for me.

But maybe I wouldn't notice it legitimately turning into just a generic Anime, instead of generic anime ideas taken to the extreme. Is there even a line between those?

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 18, 2012

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

People need to stop worrying if this is sorta-legit-good or so-bad-it's-good, and just enjoy it as it comes.

Then again, I haven't watched Anime for a while. So I don't run into too many people whipping out powers so convoluted that they have to take a break to explain them. Or even more convoluted counter-powers that specifically stop this one thing. So this is still pretty drat hilariously ridiculous for me.

But maybe I wouldn't notice it legitimately turning into just a generic Anime, instead of generic anime ideas taken to the extreme. Is there even a line between those?

I sure hope not.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Aramek posted:

As I have no idea who Silver is expect a different voice for him in each chapter. :v:

I'm making most of these up as I go, so, there's a lot of inconsistency, but, that adds to the fun of it all. :allears:

Also, the Troll King's lines so far haven't been all rapid like Mojo Jo Jo's would be, but, I think I can do a Mojo voice if you'd like. (Here's a thing I did as Mojo talking about how awesome Legend of Korra is.)

Wow, that is absolutely spot on. Yeah, maybe injecting a little Mojo into the Troll King might be interesting. He isn't actually seen out of the shadows until the next chapter, so a little inconsistency doesn't really matter.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

I honestly don't see how this "DBZ fight" is different from anything else in this comic. It all seems like the same funny stuff to me.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Let's play how many times can someone say "dbz" in one short paragraph!

Lazerbot posted:

hello i like all you my fans but there is one thing thats getting on my nervs and confusing me a bit. why is everyone conparing my comic to dragonballz this comic is nothing like dbz . my tails gets troll comic is nothing like dbz. none of it really. how is this like dbz i ask? the fight's are far from dbz fights so i dont get how this is anything related to dbz becides the little things that i use from dbz like the dragonballs but thats the only thing that's dbz related to this comic.. i dont get how you guys think its like dbz? i mean the story and the fighting on tailgetstroll TGT is nothing like dbz.

Nine! Nine times.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
It's nothing like dragonballz apart from the stuff I borrowed from dragonballz like the dragonballz.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Professor Clumsy posted:

It's nothing like dragonballz apart from the stuff I borrowed from dragonballz like the dragonballz.

To be fair, the Dragon Balls are merely myth in TGT's world.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
I haven't the foggiest idea what a dragonball is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wait, there's Dragonballs in TGT??

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

Macaluso posted:

Of course! Pacman searched for fifteen years for them to avenge William and his father until he realised they were just a myth.

It's all explained in the Tails Gets Trolled wiki, or we can fill you in at TrollCon '12!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macaluso posted:

No someone looked for them but found our they don't exist or are fake I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Of course not, they're just a myth and pacman was sad.