Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Frozen-Solid posted:

Is that sonic the hedgehog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

opengl128 posted:

Is that sonic the hedgehog

I had to put Sonic on the Sonic. It was too fitting. :shobon:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Frozen-Solid posted:

Jesus christ why?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

right arm posted:

Jesus christ why?

Aveo pride.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

right arm posted:

Jesus christ why?

Some people just like to revert to trashy as quickly as possible.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Frozen-Solid posted:

Wrong thread?

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Hashal posted:

Wrong thread?

It might be stupid, but it's fun. I honestly expected someone to cross post it there.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Frozen-Solid posted:

It's so happy! It's so cute! What a great hothatch!

Frozen-Solid posted:

:smithicide: Also why did you blur out the front plate and not the rear?

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Also why did you blur out the front plate and not the rear?

I edited one, and decided I didn't care enough to edit the others. I don't care that much.

It's a complete night and day difference from the Aveo. Chevy somehow managed to figure out what they did wrong, and fixed every bit of it. The dash and center console controls are all really solid and well designed. All the materials are a lot higher quality than even my Cobalt. Better material on the steering wheel, better leather seats, etc. It's hard to tell in any of the pictures I took, or even on Chevy's site, but the center console has a very carbon-fiber looking pattern on it. It's not just solid grey/reddish.

I love the blue lights on the interior controls. They're really nice to look at when it's dark out, and don't screw up your night vision in the least.

Frozen Peach fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 18, 2012

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Frozen-Solid posted:

I love the blue lights on the interior controls. They're really nice to look at when it's dark out, and don't screw up your night vision in the least.

That would be red.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Sockington posted:

That would be red.

That's a bit of a myth actually. Depending on what you're doing a blue/teal shade can be more beneficial.

http://stlplaces.com/night_vision_red_myth/

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Frozen-Solid posted:

It's a complete night and day difference from the Aveo. Chevy somehow managed to figure out what they did wrong, and fixed every bit of it.

And then you got a hold of it.

ppp
Feb 13, 2012

by angerbot

Frozen-Solid posted:

That's a bit of a myth actually. Depending on what you're doing a blue/teal shade can be more beneficial.

The bigger problem is that there is an iphone next to your tach and the center console is a carpet of blue.

Interior lights have been in every color but if you look at something specifically created for night vision, saab's night mode, it dims all the lights and turns off all the gauge lighting except for the speedometer. Which is the opposite of what is going on in your car.

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011
Evo IV, love this car...

Twin Turbo Legacy B4

2007 STi

2012 WRX...by far the best car I have ever owned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Monstertruck posted:

Evo IV, love this car...

I love it too! Do you still own it?

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

ppp posted:

The bigger problem is that there is an iphone next to your tach and the center console is a carpet of blue.

Interior lights have been in every color but if you look at something specifically created for night vision, saab's night mode, it dims all the lights and turns off all the gauge lighting except for the speedometer. Which is the opposite of what is going on in your car.

People seem to either love or hate the digital speedometer. I love it. It's really easy to read, uncluttered, and much easier to work with than the little square information box that my Cobalt had. When I first saw it I was turned off too, but it makes a lot of sense while you're driving. You can read everything at a glance.

I have the lights on their brightest, because otherwise they didn't show up on the picture. Dimming them looks awesome at night, while still being readable and not hurting your eyes.

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I love it too! Do you still own it?

Sadly had to sell it when I moved back to the states 2 months ago. 60k miles and only got 3500 for her :(

Its ok though. The AYC in the rear diff was acting kind of funny.

Edit: here is two more shots
My nasty rear end Sparco wheel with NAWSSS hooked up to the buttons. Not really, just horns.

Wife's Le Gacy and the Evo

Monstertruck fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 18, 2012

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
I'll post a picture up soon, but I've just bought a black 1963 chevy Impala. It needs some restoration but it runs and it's in decent shape. I'm proud of it

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Should mention this is also my first car. Pretty legit.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

11BulletCatcher posted:

That's pretty loving legit I must say, hows the interior?

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas
gently caress yeah, My Auntie has my great grandma's 63 bel air, and I've always loved it

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The steering wheel on that Bel Air is cool as hell.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I don't think I've ever seen a Chevy other than on Top Gear that is RHD. :psyduck:

bremaine
Sep 13, 2011
Picture of my 2006 S2000 taken last weekend.

I was at the annual Wake the Dragon event and had an amazing time.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Monstertruck posted:

2012 WRX...by far the best car I have ever owned.

Did you purchase your WRX from Dick Hannah?! I purchased my '11 STi from there, and just ordered a BRZ from there. You an Oregoon/Washingoon?! Quite the collection, regardless of your location!

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

Frozen-Solid posted:

I don't want to rail on you, because I like stickers, but it's just a little busy.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

That's pretty loving legit I must say, hows the interior?

You should have gotten a 1967 so you could hunt ghosts. Looks pretty loving sweet though.

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

thealphabetsez posted:

Did you purchase your WRX from Dick Hannah?! I purchased my '11 STi from there, and just ordered a BRZ from there. You an Oregoon/Washingoon?! Quite the collection, regardless of your location!

Yup I ordered it from there. Saved me 4000 from the dealer markup by putting in the order. They were pretty fair with me, got my car for cost + all the addons I put on. I was supposed to be in Portland so when I was in Japan I called Dick Hannah to get the ball rolling. The WRX was built 3 hours from my house while I still lived there. Got orders to Olympia, WA so I just said f it and grabbed it anyway.

I wanted to get the BRZ but Washington weather, 100HP less than a WRX, and no space made my mind up for me. Sweet ride though!

Monstertruck fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 18, 2012

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Monstertruck posted:

The salesmen at Subaru dealerships are complete tards.

I wanted to get the BRZ but Washington weather, 100HP less than a WRX, and no space made my mind up for me. Sweet ride though!

Do these two things relate to each other?

Monstertruck
Aug 13, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Do these two things relate to each other?

Was finishing another thought, decided against it and forgot to delete that part out.

Zuph
Jul 24, 2003
Zupht0r 6000 Turbo Type-R

Frozen-Solid posted:

Picked up my car last night and it's awesome. Rides great, the 1.4L turbo puts the 1.8L to shame, and it looks so much cooler in person than on the Chevy site.

Now I need a black license plate cover for the front :(

I've got a turbo LT on the way. Dealer says it'll be "any day now." I'm getting real antsy, especially since my current car probably shouldn't be legal to drive.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

11BulletCatcher posted:

Nice. My first car was a 2 door '66. What motor and trans are in it?

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Zuph posted:

I've got a turbo LT on the way. Dealer says it'll be "any day now." I'm getting real antsy, especially since my current car probably shouldn't be legal to drive.

Mine came by surprise. They said it was scheduled to be shipped on the 19th. It showed up less than a week after the build date. I didn't think I'd have it until Saturday at the earliest. Hope you like it as much as I like mine. It's been fun as hell to drive.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Lowclock posted:

Nice. My first car was a 2 door '66. What motor and trans are in it?

283 turbofire v8 2 barrel carb with powerglide automatic transmission. It was having some problems earlier this week, but I drove it for about 6 hours today and blew out all the crap fuel that was in it. Now it idles smoothly. Yesterday though I replaced the alternator and today filled the radiator and replaced the battery with a red top optima one. Which kicks rear end. The interior is a little damaged but it's original and nothing that cant be fixed, just tears in places on the seat and the roof. It's only got 37,500 miles on it, so while the engine is rusty and old, it performs like it just came out of a shop. Now I just need to fix the wipers, tighten the belt up, and put on my flowmaster. Right now it's running open exhaust.

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Apr 19, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I really want to like the Sonic but that dash :byodood: it's like a 55 year old GM exec's idea of what a 25 year old male would find cool.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Wasn't it designed by a bunch of young Koreans though?

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I really want to like the Sonic but that dash :byodood: it's like a 55 year old GM exec's idea of what a 25 year old male would find cool.

GM has finally returned to their senses by installing digidashes, $700 turbo upgrades, corvette team tuned suspension, 6 speeds and TURBO decals. There ain't nothing wrong with that, except for weighing 400 pounds more than everything else in its class.

purpleandgold
Apr 13, 2012

Not a spectacular or overpowered car, but the wonderful Toyota Tacoma that's been carrying me all around the wilderness of Oklahoma. Considering that it dwarfs some of the full-size pickups around me, I have no idea how I ever ended up with such a monster.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Frozen-Solid posted:

Since I don't know who gwbaltzell@yahoo.com is all I have to go by on the subject is the military medical training doctrine for pilots and the recommendations of the AOA, both say to use red light.

http://usasam.amedd.army.mil/dl/Fli...ht%20Vision.pdf

"Using goggles with red lenses while in an artificially lighted area will assist in decrease the average amount of time necessary to properly dark-adapt"

"Blue wavelength light can have adverse affects upon night visual acuity, dark adaptation, and causes the onset of night myopia (nearsightedness) during flight. This can occur if the console lighting intensity is set to high. Operating console lighting and, if applicable, rear cargo area overhead light (blue or white) at high levels of intensity during extended flight time will bleach out the rhodopsin."

Or we can check in with the American Optometric Association http://www.aoa.org/x5352.xml

"Rods and cones are not equally sensitive to visible wavelengths of light. Unlike the cones, rods are more sensitive to blue light and are not sensitive to wavelengths greater than about 640nm, the red portion of the visible spectrum"

"The most sensitive wavelength for rods is 505nm (blue-green). Thus, blue-green lights will generally look brighter at night than red lights. The sensitivity of the eye changes from the red end of the visible spectrum toward the blue end when shifting from the photopic to scotopic vision."

"An appropriate demonstration of the difference between photopic and scotopic sensitivity is to slowly decrease the intensity of a colored light until the cone threshold is reached. This is the point at which the color will disappear, but not the sensation of light. When this procedure is performed with any color except red, the color will disappear at the cone threshold, but the light will still be perceived by the rods as dim gray. If the intensity is further decreased until the rod threshold is reached, the light will disappear entirely. With red light, the color and sensation of light disappear at the same time."

"For maximum utilization of scotopic vision, 20 to 30 minutes in total darkness are required to attain satisfactory retinal dark adaptation. An alternative is to have the aircrew member wear red goggles for 20 to 30 minutes before flying. When worn in normal illumination, red goggles will not interfere significantly with the ability to read most maps, charts, manuals, etc., as long as the printing is not in red ink. Red goggles block all light except red, which enhances rod dark adaptation because red light does not stimulate the scotopic system."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedClawesome
May 19, 2009
Bought myself a 370z about 4 months ago, here are a few pics that I have taken since then. Been a longtime AI lurker, but this is probably the first time I've ever had anything decent to post.