Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

joek0 posted:

Tweet from Diskotek:

We got some game center cx news! We're getting an extra episode! The mighty bomb jack live challenge! And there could be more....

Hope zarigani can fill us in better.

Naturally I'm pulling the Mighty Bomb Jack Live episode.

I'm going to ask that everyone who has our season six torrent please remove the old one and use this new one that doesn't include Mighty Bomb Jack:

Download torrent81 (8 files; 2.63 GB)
View torrent stats

It targets the same directory so you should be able to just download the new torrent file, add it to your library, and be good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's so weird to think of an episode being pulled as a positive thing now, as opposed to the lurching aggression of Kotaku's seemingly-random consuming of goonsubs already completed.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

I was going through some of my pictures and found this screencap I took of a game show that Arino appeared on:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

joek0 posted:

Tweet from Diskotek:

We got some game center cx news! We're getting an extra episode! The mighty bomb jack live challenge! And there could be more....

Hope zarigani can fill us in better.

I wish they'd hurry up and get preorders for this up on Amazon so I can officially commit to throwing all of the money at it.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Vertigus posted:

I was going through some of my pictures and found this screencap I took of a game show that Arino appeared on:

SAN!
I think it's actually from this video, which shows that one comedian's counting game. I think Zari-Gani linked this before the Samurai Zombie Nation episode, because Arino references it when the level numbers are displayed. Yon ju, EYYYYY!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vertigus posted:

:stare: What the hell is going on here?

edit: And there's the answer.

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
Created the "53 stations of the tokaido" Karaoke for z0r :-D
http://z0r.de/4136

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had heard of the show, but only caught the kotaku ones last summer. I enjoyed them, but didn't give the show a second thought until I joined the boards and saw this thread. Started watching them (approximately) in order, and I've become a big fan. I love the "sometime you should visit this game center" segment.

Anyway, as a latecomer, I'd just like to offer a tip of the hat :wotwot: in gratitude for the translation work.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Can anyone remember in what episode Arino and the gang went to a used games store to pawn off all the games featured in that season? I need to see it again.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kid Icarus.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

jyrque posted:

Can anyone remember in what episode Arino and the gang went to a used games store to pawn off all the games featured in that season? I need to see it again.

That'd be the Kid Icarus episode, the last one in season 4.

EDIT: Dammit Mister Chief!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

taopriest posted:

Created the "53 stations of the tokaido" Karaoke for z0r :-D
http://z0r.de/4136

This reminds me, is there anywhere you can find the complete 53 Stations lyrics besides the manual? Are there even any more?

Edit:

zari-gani posted:

Where 53 Stations is discussed, I appear!

Thank you so much! Like Quest of Ki, Spelunker, and Last Continue, it's a huge earworm, but singing the "10 miles, 8 miles" part only kinda sucked. Now on to learning 53 Stations, Last continue, and Kachou Fighter.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 18, 2012

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

This reminds me, is there anywhere you can find the complete 53 Stations lyrics besides the manual? Are there even any more?

There's one of those Sunsoft soundtrack CD's that has 53 Stations sung in English in a really slow way. Very odd but that's the official lyrics and presumably the CD would have the lyric sheet.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

I know the first half of the song by ear. Note that this is from not looking at the lyrics sheet.

A-to Edo made nan ju li!
A-to Edo made nan ju li!
Jyu li! Hachi li!

The second half is sung so fast that the lyrics are so hard to figure out.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 18, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Where 53 Stations is discussed, I appear!

The lyrics in romaji are:

Ato Edo made nan jyuu-li?
Jyuu-li! Hachi-li!
Mattete okure yo Momo-chan.
Oira no omiyagewa hanabi da.
Edo wa mada mada mada mada tooi no ka?

Jyuu-li! Hachi-li!
Gouzaemon niwa makenaizo.
Kanshaku-dama de tsukisusume.
Edo wa mada mada mada mada tooi no ka?

The second verse was found in the Sunsoft mix CD version. It goes "Don't lose to Gouzaemon. Go forth with the firecracker balls."
ETA: vvvvv That's the stuff!

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 18, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Reposting the remix version lyrics:

And I'll quit being a jerk and let you listen to it.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

rdbbb posted:

And I'll quit being a jerk and let you listen to it.
That was really not what I was expecting.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks for pointing out Kid Icarus for me as the episode with the pawn shop but watching the episode again I realized what I was really looking for: the episode where they go to the same shop before. I think it's a TV Nihon subtitled episode and since there aren't too many of those I'll just look them over to find what I'm looking for.

And looking through, I did find it! It's Metroid, Season 2, episode 5. Reason I looked for it was the tamage segment where Arino and the gang buy and look through those surprise goodie bags. I remember it making me :3: all over seeing it for the first time.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

If you guessed next week's new ep is Dynamite Headdy, YOU A WINNAH (not me though)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I win I win!!

Does anyone know how hard it is?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

zari-gani posted:

I win I win!!

It's a treasure game so moderately hard. Not unbeatable though.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

From the site:

Furthermore! A new segment begins!
The year is 2062...
Several unknown game cartridges were recovered from the ruins of Fuji TV...
And so, Arino (age 90) -- the man who knows everything about the Famicom -- will tell us about all about them.
It's called "Arino, The Living National Treasure of Famicom"

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

zari-gani posted:

From the site:

Furthermore! A new segment begins!
The year is 2062...
Several unknown game cartridges were recovered from the ruins of Fuji TV...
And so, Arino (age 90) -- the man who knows everything about the Famicom -- will tell us about all about them.
It's called "Arino, The Living National Treasure of Famicom"

Seriously can't wait to see how the makeup dept. does with him on that

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

redmercer posted:

Seriously can't wait to see how the makeup dept. does with him on that

I'll be overjoyed if it's the cheapest possible makeup possible.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Regular Arino, but he has a wizard beard.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I hope they just buy some sort of fake wrinkles and then head to the drugstore and buy some of that cheap hair color that comes in cans and just spray him indiscriminately until the can is empty.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
They get Arino's real life grandpa to talk about these newfangled Famicom games hes never played, basing everything soley on the coverart.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Post-apocalyptic Arino? I AM SHOCK!!

Maybe we'll see Arino's Hundred Cracks Fist?!

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

jyrque posted:

Post-apocalyptic Arino? I AM SHOCK!!

Maybe we'll see Arino's Hundred Cracks Fist?!

No, because he is old as hell and no one is old as hell in Hokuto No Ken.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

zari-gani posted:

I win I win!!

It's got some tough bosses and a weird continue system so it should make for at the very least a decent episode.

Also Stair Wars. :suicide:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
For those unfamiliar with the wonderful game Arino's staring down this time, turn your attention to this new speedrun of the game. It comes with built-in commentary on audio track 2, so you can get an in-depth look at what's in store for our chief.

Hint: Magic. It will be magical.

I'm gonna say Arino dies at least a few times from getting the Zzzz head that makes you fall asleep on the spot.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

He's going to die so much on Nasty Gatekeeper. I'll be super surprised if he doesn't.

Robodemon
Sep 14, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

It's got some tough bosses and a weird continue system so it should make for at the very least a decent episode.

They ramped up the difficulty in the North American/European version of Headdy, the Japanese version is a cakewalk in comparison.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

For those unfamiliar with the wonderful game Arino's staring down this time, turn your attention to this new speedrun of the game. It comes with built-in commentary on audio track 2, so you can get an in-depth look at what's in store for our chief.

Hint: Magic. It will be magical.

I'm gonna say Arino dies at least a few times from getting the Zzzz head that makes you fall asleep on the spot.

I was under the impression you could cancel that. Not like the Miss Head which is only there to waste time and cut your HP in half.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 19, 2012

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
I am a huge fan of Game Center CX now and cannot believe how awesome of a translation job you guys have done without being paid for it.

Personally, I'd really like to see the two Shiren the Wanderer (92 & 93) episodes translated. I want to see Arino play a different type of game. The Fire Emblem episode from the Nintendo channel would also be cool.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Robodemon posted:

They ramped up the difficulty in the North American/European version of Headdy, the Japanese version is a cakewalk in comparison.

Oh wow, I thought it was just cosmetic changes but I looked it up and you're right. The episode will probably be a lot less interesting for it.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Once they do Ninja Gaiden 3 (assuming they eventually do), the Ninja Gaiden game for the Master System would be a pretty neat challenge to see at some point in the future. Would give Kibe a chance to get his Sega Nerd on ("the Master System was so popular in Europe and Australia that it got its own Ninja Gaiden game developed by Sega themselves!") and would be a good chance to showcase a relatively obscure game in a popular franchise.

Only issue is the whole "only released in PAL territories" thing (though I think region locking in the Master System is mostly down to physical cartridge casing differences, so it might be okay?) and the game being in English meaning we wouldn't get the dramatic reading of the Tecmo Theater scenes.

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Personally, I'd really like to see the two Shiren the Wanderer (92 & 93) episodes translated. I want to see Arino play a different type of game.

zari-gani has said those episodes are towards the bottom of the queue. The challenge is pretty boring, apparently.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Uznare posted:

No, because he is old as hell and no one is old as hell in Hokuto No Ken.

Well, maybe ever-renegade Abe can open a can of whoopass.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Box of Bunnies posted:

zari-gani has said those episodes are towards the bottom of the queue. The challenge is pretty boring, apparently.
Yeah, she said that a lot of the Japanese fans felt it was one of the worst/most boring GCCX episodes thus far. I watched it and liked it, but I'm a fan (and terrible player of) roguelikes, so I have a little bit of a bias. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

rdbbb posted:

If you guessed next week's new ep is Dynamite Headdy, YOU A WINNAH (not me though)

So, this season is premiering episodes bimonthly? Tonight is a reairing of last week's episode. I just wanted to make sure people understood that tonight episode 137 (Super Chinese) is airing, and that next week episode 138 (Dynamite Headdy) will air.

Further evidence in on the Fuji CS webpage:

quote:

04/19(木) 24:00~25:00 #137
04/26(木) 24:00~25:00 #138
05/03(木) 24:00~25:00 #138

Since 137 has already made the rounds in the usual places, I won't be streaming it live tonight. I'll see you guys next week!