Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Though honestly I was expecting the dragonballs existing in TGT and Pacman having just given up, with it being a major reveal that trolls had them or something.

Now after all these comparisons though, I'm not so sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Calico Heart posted:

Though honestly I was expecting the dragonballs existing in TGT and Pacman having just given up, with it being a major reveal that trolls had them or something.

Now after all these comparisons though, I'm not so sure

I have faith in Lazerbot's story telling.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schwarzwald posted:

I have faith in Lazerbot's story telling.

Yeah. Nothing about this story seems random and you can go back all the way to the beginning and see hints of things we're seeing now.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
The bit about the Dragonballs was arguably one of the best moments in the comic. Here's the page to refresh everyone's memories:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Truly one of the best parts.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Just realized that even though he was traumatized into saying wakka, he never actually says it on that page??

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Vogon Poet posted:

The bit about the Dragonballs was arguably one of the best moments in the comic. Here's the page to refresh everyone's memories:

Pacman is just so goddamned happy about that cave. :allears:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I love how expressive he makes Pacman's face, and the range of emotions he shows with it. it makes it all the more hilarious just how gleeful he is to be searching for the dragonballs.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Things I never noticed before: Pacman's nose. We all know the Pacman profile has no nose. Adding one would have been extra work for lazerbot.

The solitary rose in panel 11. Beautiful.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Seeing that Pacman av on the bottom of the last page, I realized he probably searched for the spelling of coincidence by typing something similar to quincidence, and just took whatever came up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

then i realized that the
dragonballs was a myth.
they wasn't real. they
didn't exist so i stoped
looking for them

Butthole Milk
Sep 26, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Improbable Lobster posted:

then i realized that the
dragonballs was a myth.
they wasn't real. they
didn't exist so i stoped
looking for them

Don't forget to add the viking boat in that gif.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Butthole Milk posted:

Don't forget to add the viking boat in that gif.

then i realized that the
dragonballs was a myth.
they wasn't real. they
didn't exist so i stoped
looking for them

I also fixed the animation speed.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

lazerbot posted:

hello i like all you my fans but there is one thing thats getting on my nervs and confusing me a bit. why is everyone conparing my comic to dragonballz this comic is nothing like dbz . my tails gets troll comic is nothing like dbz. none of it really. how is this like dbz i ask? the fight's are far from dbz fights so i dont get how this is anything related to dbz becides the little things that i use from dbz like the dragonballs but thats the only thing that's dbz related to this comic.. i dont get how you guys think its like dbz? i mean the story and the fighting on tailgetstroll TGT is nothing like dbz.
I'm sorry, I just needed to re-quote that. It's glorious. I think I might even include that in the song for Chapter 7, it's just that good.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

I'm sorry, I just needed to re-quote that. It's glorious. I think I might even include that in the song for Chapter 7, it's just that good.

What will his voice be like? It better be manly.

dr_zaius
Jul 7, 2005

HEY GUYS! AM I A FURRY?! IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE EVER HAD SEX WITH A LIVING ANIMAL.
Switchblade Switcharoo

JazzFlight posted:

There's something about his use of the acronym TGT during his little diatribe that makes this whole comic seem so completely legitimate and not something found on DA. Almost as if it has transcended above fan art/fan fic :911:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dr_zaius posted:

There's something about his use of the acronym TGT during his little diatribe that makes this whole comic seem so completely legitimate and not something found on DA. Almost as if it has transcended above fan art/fan fic :911:

When you have motion comics and you don't make them yourself, you earn an acronym

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I shall invoke the Intentional Fallacy. A classic example of this is when J.R.R. Tolkien said that Lord of the Rings had nothing to do with world war 2 and was not influenced by it in any way. Which is bullshit, because Tolkien was mailing drafts of the books to his son in the army.

Lazerbot can say his comic is nothing like DBZ, but it's very clear that his fight scenes (especially Mario vs. King Troll) are inspired by it and anime like it. The author's intent is not the end-all word on his work.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Speedboat Jones posted:

I shall invoke the Intentional Fallacy. A classic example of this is when J.R.R. Tolkien said that Lord of the Rings had nothing to do with world war 2 and was not influenced by it in any way. Which is bullshit, because Tolkien was mailing drafts of the books to his son in the army.

Lazerbot can say his comic is nothing like DBZ, but it's very clear that his fight scenes (especially Mario vs. King Troll) are inspired by it and anime like it. The author's intent is not the end-all word on his work.

And with this post, Lazerbot has been compared to Tolkein, on the topic of authorial intent, no less! There is no turning back now, people.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

JazzFlight posted:

I think you found your chorus :)

Or perhaps even backing vocals!

Speedboat Jones posted:

It's different to suggest that an artist is being unknowingly subconciously affected by something and saying his work is downright about something when he says it isn'. For instance, as much sense as it makes for Fahrenheit 451 to be about the censorship of knowledge and book-burning, it just isn't. It's about Ray Bradbury not liking TV :/

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 19, 2012

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lazerbot's obviously a guy who's seen some action anime and played a ton of video games Even the chaos emerald super sonic stuff is just a different flavor of Dragon Ball Z. The idea that it's not at all like Dragon Ball just because he says it isn't is pretty silly. Also, I'm not seriously putting him in the same ranks as Tolkien. It was kind of a joke to apply college lit classroom speak to a 20-year-old's deviantart comic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It shouldn't be a joke. Ten years from now when Universal is adapting this into a movie, people will remember it was us who took it seriously.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It shouldn't be a joke. Ten years from now when Universal is adapting this into a movie, people will remember it was us who took it seriously.

It would be a breakthrough in international copyright law. All these intellectual properties under one roof, and their owners all just come together in spite of who gets paid or not, because the soul of this work of art is what's really important. :911:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Speedboat Jones posted:

It would be a breakthrough in international copyright law. All these intellectual properties under one roof, and their owners all just come together in spite of who gets paid or not, because the soul of this work of art is what's really important. :911:

I think the proudest moment will be when it is translated into every language and brings about a new age of understanding. Then, finally, the world will lose its need for villains.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speedboat Jones posted:

All profits from the movies (you bet you're rear end it'll be a quintology) will go into a fund to end trolling forever, thus bringing world peace.

We're at the beginning of utopia. Let's enjoy the ride

(can't wait for Shadow to show up and gently caress things up)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

There is a clear anime inspiration, but I think Lazerbot believes we're saying that the comic directly rips from DBZ rather than just being "inspired". Which it isn't; the fights are completely original and not really ripping off any famous anime fights. They're just anime fights in and of themselves.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nerdbot posted:

There is a clear anime inspiration, but I think Lazerbot believes we're saying that the comic directly rips from DBZ rather than just being "inspired". Which it isn't; the fights are completely original and not really ripping off any famous anime fights. They're just anime fights in and of themselves.

Ok, I get this. Given how he is I can see that he might not know the difference between inspiration and theft.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh, and this is why there hasn't been a new page today, it seems.

Lazerbot posted:

i got small problem but no need to worry you with the details it can be fixed easier but it will slow my comic down alittle bit. my dog hosed up a cord. i a sure you nothing will change though. if i have to i will draw on the other computer until i find a replacement cord

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lazerbot lives in some kind of Mad Max/Reaver world where the spiky carapace of frail and poorly integrated technology he has accreted around himself is under constant threat from the elements and jealous rival forces seeking to steal or destroy small parts of it.

And yet he soldiers on. Because his story must be told.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I hope Lazerbot didn't resort to villians when he realized his dog hosed up the cord.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All profits from the movies (you bet you're rear end it'll be a quintology) will go into a fund to end trolling forever, thus bringing world peace.

We're at the beginning of utopia. Let's enjoy the ride

(can't wait for Shadow to show up and gently caress things up)

TGT and the Wyld Stallyns will lead us to a better tomorrow.

Be Excellent to Each Other. No Villains.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Data Graham posted:

Lazerbot lives in some kind of Mad Max/Reaver world where the spiky carapace of frail and poorly integrated technology he has accreted around himself is under constant threat from the elements and jealous rival forces seeking to steal or destroy small parts of it.

And yet he soldiers on. Because his story must be told.

This isn't fair. First he redeems webcomics, now he lives in the settings of awesome movies. Next you'll tell me he's got two dicks and four balls. why does everything about lazerbot seem so :krad:?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

This isn't fair. First he redeems webcomics, now he lives in the settings of awesome movies. Next you'll tell me he's got two dicks and four balls. why does everything about lazerbot seem so :krad:?

Lazerbot is Wrex, it's the only explanation.

Barely held back anger to start, gradually becoming more wise then we can see all while maintaining his own seemingly brutish and simple intellect.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That reminds me. It seems lazerbot does not play newer games aside from League of Legends, does he?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

That reminds me. It seems lazerbot does not play newer games aside from League of Legends, does he?

Don't forget he referenced Skyrim a few times in the comic.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

because his brother told him to

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Defiance Industries posted:

Jesus, that's one dick too many.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

Jesus, that's one dick too many.

Not for the women who love him.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It lets him have better sex with his girlfriend(s) when he's mad, so he won't be so mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
What a pussy, if Lazerbot were a real man he'd be a quint :colbert: