Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Funkdoc decided to do some early morning streams and I decided to tune in and see him break the CV3 Trevor-only WR with a new 29:36.

First time I've ever seen someone break a WR live, grats to him.

I tuned in right when he got to Dracula. Can't wait to see the full run.

Right now Funkdoc plans to begin a NES Batman run and US Sypha run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's a really good run. It starts off a bit slow but about midway he picks it up and just tears it apart. Almost everything in the 2nd half of his run goes his way when he needs it to outside of a few minor things.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Guys. I shouldn't have uploaded that video of ultrajman. I'm going into hiding.

i hosed up

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Don't be a dick sebmal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkYUmZb78ZA
New MST record using all the new poo poo that was recently discovered. 2:24:45 ! !!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:laffo: this thing just gets better and better. Donate at Summer Games and make that your comment and see how far they read it before they stop.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's a straight up threat, I'd have to police bug the dude for it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Liku posted:

That's a straight up threat, I'd have to police bug the dude for it.

It's ok he's a pacifist

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

canoshiz posted:

Don't be a dick sebmal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkYUmZb78ZA
New MST record using all the new poo poo that was recently discovered. 2:24:45 ! !!

I skipped to a random point about halfway though and Adult Link was fighting the Dondongo King. What the poo poo have they been doing to Ocarina of Time? How do people even find this stuff out. Can any of these tricks be pulled off on the 3DS version?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I asked before and don't think there was a response, did Ultrajman at least apologize to his parents on stream or something? If I was in charge of a charity event, I don't think I would let him participate unless at the very least he apologized in some way.

The worst part about it, is it looks like hes getting more viewers since that happened.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

YggiDee posted:

I skipped to a random point about halfway though and Adult Link was fighting the Dondongo King. What the poo poo have they been doing to Ocarina of Time? How do people even find this stuff out. Can any of these tricks be pulled off on the 3DS version?

Should have watched the first 15 minutes or so, that's the newest (this past weekish) huge break that's been found. :)

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
The funny thing about that PM is ultrajman is the one who made it public, it wasn't like he went to his house and recorded it. It's a matter of record, he could have easily shut off his stream prior to this or muted his mic and nobody would know anything.

I think considering how special that video is, if sebmal didn't upload it, somebody else would have.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

canoshiz posted:

Should have watched the first 15 minutes or so, that's the newest (this past weekish) huge break that's been found. :)

...Was that seriously the fastest way to get into the castle? :stare:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The route is really really interesting in this new MST video. Definitely worth checking out. I think it's more interesting than any%; there's only so many times you can watch someone stream hoping for their perfect 22 minutes of gameplay but failing over and over.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

absolutely anything posted:

i hosed up

You'd think they'd try asking nicely first before the drunken rambling.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I can't wait for Cosmo's week long stream to take back the record.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

YggiDee posted:

Here: http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/schedule/

Go down to the Ocarina of Time run and click on the link there - it's Cosmo doing a run live on the marathon and explaining most of the tricks.

There have been optimizations since (that particular video you were responding to is a really major one that was just discovered this week), but it's still very good.

Also go watch the rest of the marathon and have your mind blown fairly regularly.

And the old marathons! http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/old/2011/AGDQ/schedule/ http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/old/2011/SGDQ/schedule/

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

YggiDee posted:

...Was that seriously the fastest way to get into the castle? :stare:

It's a pretty fast way to get into the Castle with Bombchus, but the big thing is that it skips the batshit-long cutscene that plays after beating the Deku Tree while still awarding the Kokiri Emerald. A minute or so of setup skips almost 5 minutes of solid cutscene. That alone was the biggest improvement over Cosmo's MST route.

I didn't see any posts about it specifically, but SDA has been updating very frequently since the April 1st update (Quest 64 low% got taken down :qq: :911:). Mega Man X, Contra Rebirth, Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Spinball, Sonic Adventure 2, Spyro 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Battletoads, Blaster Master, Batman, Dynamite Headdy, Splatterhouse, Portal, Gears of War, The Adventures of Captain Comic, Cool World, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Deux Ex: IW, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Twilight Princess, Link to the Past, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and FFIV's Interlude all got published since April 2nd, which is ridiculous by SDA's normal frequency. Check them out at http://speeddemosarchive.com/

i hosed up

Christ this is pathetic. Almost as pathetic as taunting your mother into slapping you as Rayman dances in the background. It wasn't so much "poo poo going down with family" as it was a 22 year old's juvenile outburst over video games, it's really embarrassing and I would hate if speedruns were even loosely associated with that kind of behavior so I'm glad the video got uploaded and torn apart by the community. This guy's not going to read my post but I just feel like saying it. I just want to play video games fast is all, so I'm glad idiots who want to enable drama queens are in the minority.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
What the hell does MST stand for? Google is not helping me.

edit: Thank you. That was driving me crazy. :)

BeanBandit fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 20, 2012

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Medallions, Stones, Trials.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It looks like Cosmo's got the any% OoT record down to 22:09 now. How low will it go???

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
How do you know when dudes are streaming?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

SDA has an active list of them http://www.w00ty.com/sda/stream/

and then I just end up following the streams of guys I enjoy watching and get the e-mail alerts when they start streaming.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Aside from the w00ty there's also http://speedrunslive.com/streams/. There's a bit of overlap between the two, but SRL also shows what races are happening.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Crotch Bat posted:

:laffo: this thing just gets better and better. Donate at Summer Games and make that your comment and see how far they read it before they stop.

I would donate if they got JMan himself to read it.

The OoT thing is batshit. How long until they break the 20 minute mark? Seems like it's edging closer and closer every week.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think sub 20 is possible in the current route (human minimum has been estimated at sub 22 and we will see what the upcoming TAS gets) and with so little actually happening it's hard to find places to save time. The most likely thing I can think of to shave it lower would be a faster way to get the ocarina items glitch than the bottle in kakariko, or a faster way to get there. If only it could be activated with a stick or something..

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I think the TAS may scrape sub-20 at best, but that's about the extent of it. There's only so much you can do to optimize the route, and I'm pretty sure the route is the fastest possible for the setup. A TAS-optimized cucco wrangle, no pause-buffering, etc. is what'll get it down to sub-20.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not to mention climbing the wall and skipping to the second web. I love how the run is so short that we could pretty much break down every maneuver.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
neskamikaze is hosting an N64athon starting at Noon central tomorrow. There will be 4 runs going on at once split-screen with commentary between all the runners. Most of the games will be run by Animeowzerz and nes himself, but there's also a ton of guest runs (including me!) so it's going to be awesome.

Look at these goddamn guest runs:

quote:

Quest 64 (any%) by Peaches_
Banjo Tooie (Any%) by Sirenabeacher
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (MST) by Cosmo
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (any%) by Cosmo
Tetrisphere (Hide n’ Seek Level 5) by Peaches_
Donkey Kong 64 (any%) by Ringrush
A Bug’s Life (any%) by Ringrush
Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! (any%)
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (any%) by Aleckermit
Mario Kart 64 (All cups Grand Prix 150CC) by Aleckermit
Pokemon Snap (100%) by RaikerZ
Diddy Kong Racing (100%) by Toufool31
Bomberman 64: 2nd Attack (any%) by Kirkq
Bomberman Hero (any%) by Kirkq
Super Mario 64 (120 star) by Team SRL Relay
Blast Corps (100%) by Peaches_
Mario Golf (All courses Speed Golf) by Gombill
Goldeneye (Agent Mode) by Gombill
Banjo Kazooie (100%) by sirenabeacher

nes and Ani have a pool of like 40 games they'll be running throughout the day based on donations. If you want to watch them play Elmo's Letter Adventure and Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue they'll goddamn do it for your cold hard cash. All of the money will help pay for our SGDQ expenses. One lucky donator will win an N64 Hori Pad! Watch it tomorrow or kick rocks.

All the info is at http://twitch.tv/neskamikaze, go follow now ! !

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

drat, I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow. I hope the marathon goes well for you guys!

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

It's ok he's a pacifist

He's a pacifist until he has your blood on his hands.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

i hosed up

UltraJMan also wishes for me to give y'all hella BJ's :madmax:

Context: I commented on one of his deadly premonition videos and that was the response.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Still waiting for my BJ, Uz. :pervert:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

furry drum circle posted:

neskamikaze is hosting an N64athon starting at Noon central tomorrow. There will be 4 runs going on at once split-screen with commentary between all the runners. Most of the games will be run by Animeowzerz and nes himself, but there's also a ton of guest runs (including me!) so it's going to be awesome.

Look at these goddamn guest runs:

nes and Ani have a pool of like 40 games they'll be running throughout the day based on donations. If you want to watch them play Elmo's Letter Adventure and Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue they'll goddamn do it for your cold hard cash. All of the money will help pay for our SGDQ expenses. One lucky donator will win an N64 Hori Pad! Watch it tomorrow or kick rocks.

All the info is at http://twitch.tv/neskamikaze, go follow now ! !

Hell yes, N64!

That hori pad seriously rocks. I have one. Do you guys use one for speedruns or just a regular pad?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That stream sounds like its going to be a mess, enough crazy stuff happens during one speedrun, much less 4 going on at once.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Peaches is practicing Tetrisphere right now: http://justin.tv/peaches__

Also sinister1 is putting in attempts at TMNT IV: Turtles in Time: http://www.twitch.tv/sinisterwon

As usual, you can find these streams and more on the SDA stream aggregator: http://www.w00ty.com/sda/stream/

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.
Mike Uyama is streaming Metal Slug 3 attempts:
http://www.twitch.tv/mikwuyma

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Uznare posted:

Context: I commented on one of his deadly premonition videos and that was the response.
Holy loving poo poo what a pathetic sad sack of immature crap. I really hope this rear end in a top hat doesn't taint the next donation marathons with his presence.

Edit: No really, besides the whole awkward rear end in a top hat gimmick and the mom-beating the wholier-than-thou attitude about loving youtube LP's of all things just adds a whole other layer of pathetic idiocy.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 21, 2012

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Holy loving poo poo what a pathetic sad sack of immature crap. I really hope this rear end in a top hat doesn't taint the next donation marathons with his presence.

Suggesting donation drive to get his mom there instead.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Violen posted:

Suggesting donation drive to get his mom there instead.
Does she get to hi-five Trihex's badass jokester mom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Uznare posted:

holy poo poo what did you even say

e: you fagget

e2: Also I'll definitely try to tune into the N64 marathon, seems like fun. Gimme dat Hori pad.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 21, 2012

• Locked thread