Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
If the remote can't leave the room, and you can only use your own connector, why did Baam need to take the remote from Yeon? He's got to go get his own connector from the Ranker first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheDemon posted:

If the remote can't leave the room, and you can only use your own connector, why did Baam need to take the remote from Yeon? He's got to go get his own connector from the Ranker first.

He needs the remote to open the door.

Spellcheck
Oct 23, 2008

by angerbot
Baam is fully justified in not giving a poo poo about the people around him. A man killed himself in front of him over anger of the disparity in their talents. During their Floor test his group fell the gently caress apart because of infighting over thinning the herd. His only friend betrayed him for reasons unknown to him and the reader.

We have yet to get a feel for his motives beyond the "Enemy of zahard" that's implicit with being a FUG agent.

All we know that Baam has shown none of his old compassion.

At lest hes not learned cruelty yet.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
And so a new arc begins... I'm wondering if it will be about the same length or shorter than the crown game arc.

Also, I'll be gone for a couple of months

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
Also, I wonder if Viole will meet Koon or ManGator first, either one will be great... or just maybe Princess Yuri?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Question about the most recent chapter: Did Viole slow time, or was he moving really rapidly, or was she just stunned that he wasn't affected by her fire at all? The movement of her hand and him saying Stop makes me think he can concentrate shinsoo in order to either slow time or slow down perception of time, but it's hard to be sure yet.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Mo_Steel posted:

Question about the most recent chapter: Did Viole slow time, or was he moving really rapidly, or was she just stunned that he wasn't affected by her fire at all? The movement of her hand and him saying Stop makes me think he can concentrate shinsoo in order to either slow time or slow down perception of time, but it's hard to be sure yet.

The flames stopped while Viole was moving, so I'm assuming he stopped time or slowed it down enough as makes no difference. It's a bit unclear so I figure we'll get some clarification next week.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
Now that you mention I didn't notice her hand moving when I first read it. Also her eyes seem to be opening wider as if she was surprised. So slow time is my bet.

Although he's already done a bit of that stuff in previous chapters which I can't recall off the top of my head.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

I think he used that thing he learned from the Ranker where he can freeze things in place. Its like the first shinsoo thing he learns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, he probably just froze her and walked through her flames.

It is a foregone conclusion that Baam will lose this game. After all, if he won he wouldn't continue on with his new supporting cast. I don't think he will get beaten up, because if that ranker was able to do so he would probably kill Baam. So, 7 people. Emoticon guy, rear end in a top hat with a daughter, 'the Zahard prince' (whatever that means), teamkiller, the devil arm guy, and two others. I'd actually prefer if the last two were the loanshark and the spoiled kid, because the little girl, glasses girl and effeminate roommate are all sort of boring.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Either that or they find a loophole and make a team that includes Baam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Edge Zero posted:

Either that or they find a loophole and make a team that includes Baam.

He might lose the game, or he might relent and pick people. Regardless, he isn't getting his way about going on alone.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Viole joins a team and then they win, this satisfies both his victory condition 2. (beat the ranker and take his connector then own the room.) and the other teams. (7 people 6 rooms last one is Yeons.)

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

AtomikKrab posted:

Viole joins a team and then they win, this satisfies both his victory condition 2. (beat the ranker and take his connector then own the room.) and the other teams. (7 people 6 rooms last one is Yeons.)

I think the teams of 7 trying to get six rooms are trying to win the right to be Viole's teamates, not a "team wins, or Viole wins" because in V2 Ch8 he was asked to pick 7 teamates. So it'd be the team of 7 + Viole, 8 people total. Since Viole passed the 2nd test, he's already going ahead.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Serious Frolicking posted:

He might lose the game, or he might relent and pick people. Regardless, he isn't getting his way about going on alone.

Baam accidentally breaks the remote. Baam loses.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm hoping that Baam loses the game but still beats the poo poo out of that ranker.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm hoping that Baam loses the game but still beats the poo poo out of that ranker.

This would be the best possible outcome.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Frome posted:

This would be the best possible outcome.

I'm kind of torn about this because that ranker has the most adorable angry face. I highly doubt Baam would outright kill anyone though.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Wasn't Baam surrounded by the corpses of other regulars when we first saw him in the survival challenge?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Alternately, Baam fails the ranker's test and beats up the ranker anyway, but then makes a deal and plays the game with the floor master demon or whatever to pass.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Baam is going to move up regardless because he passed the last test. This right here only determines if he continues alone or with a team. Well, that's the stated purpose, but the ranker still wants to stop Baam from advancing entirely. Because Baam's moving up isn't dependent on this test, the implication is that he wants to kill or cripple Baam.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Nahxela posted:

Wasn't Baam surrounded by the corpses of other regulars when we first saw him in the survival challenge?

It was never outright stated, but considering there were like 3 guys face down lying in what appeared to be their own blood, there's a pretty good chance they were dead. If they weren't dead they were pretty hosed up.

Edge Zero posted:

Alternately, Baam fails the ranker's test and beats up the ranker anyway, but then makes a deal and plays the game with the floor master demon or whatever to pass.

This might be the only way he can successfully climb the tower, considering the opposition he's gonna face for being in FUG. I kinda wanna see more of the tower guardians. We've seen the ones for floor 1 and 2 so far, and we know Enryu killed one of them. That's meant to be some major poo poo, considering they were previously thought to be immortal.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
New chapter translated.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Einander posted:

New chapter translated.

Oh man, poor Prince. Viole just does not give a poo poo about that guy. I'd almost feel bad for him if he wasn't such a ridiculous tool.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh, I'm not quite sure what happened with Viole. He used shinsoo to hit the button or something?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

Uh, I'm not quite sure what happened with Viole. He used shinsoo to hit the button or something?

Well, either he did that super goddamn fast or he used the body freezing ability he learned from that ranker way back in part 1. Neither of them seemed to be able to move, after all.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah I'm pretty sure that as soon as he took up his fancy guard position with the needle Baam paralyzed him and walked off. It's nice to see that Baam doesn't gently caress around when he can simply cast "I win" instead. :v:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 24, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
People higher up in the tower have gotta have some sort of defense against that, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

People higher up in the tower have gotta have some sort of defense against that, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Well, obviously. Otherwise that redhead would be a lot more influential than he is.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cbouncerrun posted:

He managed to get Quant with it every time during the final position test and he's a ranker. I think it's going to be effective for quite a while.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

I assume it's so ridiculously effective because of who's using it. He's been shown to be downright ridiculous when it comes to shinsoo after all.

vvv Unless of course he made a contract as soon has he hit the floor. It seems like an important thing that any wave controller would do. At least, that'll be what he tells people he did, since we drat well know for a fact that he can use shinsoo without the permission of a tower guardian.

Slime fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 24, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
He's capable of using it without a contract with a floor manager. This is almost certainly going to become a major plot point considering the reason FUG mainly can't overthrow Zahard is because he has the first contracts with all of them

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Well that answers my question from last chapter about Viole's abilities. Nice stuff, though some action soon would be great too.

e: Going back to reread about where he got that ability really helps you appreciate just how much of a prodigy Baam is: He was struck by the Ranker using shinsoo to temporarily stop movement, an ability that took the Ranker decades to master, and then immediately duplicated the effect in an extraordinarily tense situation. His ability to control and learn about shinsoo isn't just good or strong, it seems practically as inborn as everyone else's ability to breathe. :black101:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 24, 2012

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Freaksaus posted:

He managed to get Quant with it every time during the final position test and he's a ranker. I think it's going to be effective for quite a while.

I was under the impression that Quant couldn't block it because he'd already used his 1 allowed room of Shinsoo - ironically the one he used to freeze Baam with at first. Given that he's not restricted, I assume he'd have some measure of defense against it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Mo_Steel posted:

Well that answers my question from last chapter about Viole's abilities. Nice stuff, though some action soon would be great too.

e: Going back to reread about where he got that ability really helps you appreciate just how much of a prodigy Baam is: He was struck by the Ranker using shinsoo to temporarily stop movement, an ability that took the Ranker decades to master, and then immediately duplicated the effect in an extraordinarily tense situation. His ability to control and learn about shinsoo isn't just good or strong, it seems practically as inborn as everyone else's ability to breathe. :black101:

Yeah; I assume he's such a prodigy because he's an Irregular, or vice versa.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I always got the idea that irregulars were usually monstrously strong right from the start. Baam is only potentially so, but he can do things no one else can. I wonder what he could do with black march at his current level?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Depends on whether Black March digs dudes with long hair. :v:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 24, 2012

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Sindai posted:

Depends on whether Black March digs dudes with long hair. :v:

If he got his hands on Black March again it'd probably work better, but not because he's gotten more powerful. It'll be because Black March totally digs long haired pretty boys.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
It's funny to think back about Black March, because at the beginning of the series I really thought she was going to be Baam's sidekick throughout his whole adventure through the tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Panzerschwein posted:

It's funny to think back about Black March, because at the beginning of the series I really thought she was going to be Baam's sidekick throughout his whole adventure through the tower.

I'm sure she will come back sooner or later.