Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

absolutely anything posted:

holy poo poo what did you even say

e: you fagget

e2: Also I'll definitely try to tune into the N64 marathon, seems like fun. Gimme dat Hori pad.

For short: "yo this video sucks"

Actual comment: "Wow, your video quality hasn't improved after all these years."

We were acquaintances a few years before that happened so that's probably why the vitriol levels were off the charts.

Anyway. I will definitely tune in for the n64 marathon. Especially for Toy Story 2. I have a bone to pick with that game from many years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Holy loving poo poo what a pathetic sad sack of immature crap. I really hope this rear end in a top hat doesn't taint the next donation marathons with his presence.

Edit: No really, besides the whole awkward rear end in a top hat gimmick and the mom-beating the wholier-than-thou attitude about loving youtube LP's of all things just adds a whole other layer of pathetic idiocy.

Don't forget that one time he molested a girl while she was sleeping or the two underage girls(that I know of, there might be more) that he's dated.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OmegaZultan posted:

Don't forget that one time he molested a girl while she was sleeping or the two underage girls(that I know of, there might be more) that he's dated.

You're loving kidding me, isn't this the same dude who got emotional on stream during one of the donation runs about "never fitting in, but everyone here at SDA is so nice" like a total anti-social creep?

Definitely going to troll this dude during the next marathon.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
Hopefully he has the sense not to show his face there. Donations are donations, but he just seems like a totally miserable person who has no business showing up to events that are supposed to be chill and positive.

rashreflection
Sep 19, 2007

So you're the hater, huh?

OmegaZultan posted:

uh what i am curious

BTW he still seems to have a lot of friends in the core SDA community so I doubt he'll get the MatrixTN treatment anytime soon. I think people are also still thankful for him plugging the first marathon (a huge deal at the time, when we couldn't get promotion anywhere).

Also since you brought up girls, one time in his stream his girlfriend started raging about vegetarianism out of nowhere. I described some of the standard reasons for it (environmental etc.) and she was just stuck on "I LIKE MEAT MEAT IS GOOD" - she straight up could not understand or engage with any argument that didn't involve herself. Always found that a bit odd, and now I'm thinking this may have been one of the underage ones.

Oh yeah, she also appeared on stream and sang Nightwish before. TheUltraJStream yall~

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

If that was Gloweh then yeah she's like 15. She also hella flirts(flirted? Dunno if they are still together) with other dudes behind his back and it's super creepy and uncomfortable.

As for the molestation, at some point he was crushing and was in good tidings with some girl who was actually his own goddamn age and they slept in the same bed together and he tried to finger her while she slept and then backpedaled to us and was all like: "GUYS WE WERE SLEEPING AND MY HAND SOMEHOW WOUND UP IN HER PANTIES BY ACCIDENT HOW TO I MAKE HER UNDERSTAND I'M NOT IN THE WRONG CAUSE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT."

I recall him actually making a youtube video about it at the time but he took it down like an hour after realizing how retarded an idea that was. This was roughly two years ago.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 21, 2012

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Why is this being discussed?
Let's talk about going fast and hitting buttons.

On that note, Dustforce is an awesome game that came out a few months ago that people should try if you like IL style platforming games.

I don't usually speedrun games, but this, and super meat boy, make it pretty fun.
Dustforce gets bonus points for having a really good leaderboard/replay implementation, which is refreshing after SMB's more or less useless one.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It is a derail but man is it ever hilarious. He's so incredibly quick to rage at anything that it makes him picking difficult videogames to learn how to perfect and speedrun even that more odd.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Uznare posted:

UltraJMan also wishes for me to give y'all hella BJ's :madmax:

Context: I commented on one of his deadly premonition videos and that was the response.

This "pale" guy seems like a person to know!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OmegaZultan posted:

As for the molestation, at some point he was crushing and was in good tidings with some girl who was actually his own goddamn age and they slept in the same bed together and he tried to finger her while she slept and then backpedaled to us and was all like: "GUYS WE WERE SLEEPING AND MY HAND SOMEHOW WOUND UP IN HER PANTIES BY ACCIDENT HOW TO I MAKE HER UNDERSTAND I'M NOT IN THE WRONG CAUSE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT."

loving :lol:, what a god drat creeper. How does he even get invited to ADGQ?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Speedrun too much, you start trying to do sequence breaks in real life.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
Peaches_ is currently streaming Star Wars: Episode One: Pod Racer: The Movie: The Game.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

HoldYourFire posted:

Peaches_ is currently streaming Star Wars: Episode One: Pod Racer: The Movie: The Game.

gently caress, why is this game so fun. I'm not even good at it, I've never even seen a star wars movie, and suddenly it's 5AM. Welp, see you guys in 7 hours for Quest 64.

On jman: I personally do not care at all if people want to call him out on weird personal poo poo here or on youtube or wherever else, but please don't let it impact the marathon. While he may or may not be a creepy, hateful, pedophile/molester who taunts his mother into slapping him on stream, the hosts of SGDQ have invited him and once he's there, he's there. Trolling the event when he's on camera will probably just result in a bunch of comment policing and hurt the cause. Even though it's pretty much inevitable at this point, I'd like to avoid it coming from goons.

All I know for SURE is that he's a big spergy weirdo but if he raises money for charity I can look past that for one day. If he really did molest a girl or whatever someone should take it up with Essentia now instead of trolling him in front of a charity event.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
Wasn't Jman the one constantly yelling 'gently caress' 'poo poo' 'drat' etc during his run, although everyone was explicitly told not to use that kind of language for this event (which most other runners had no issue with; they also banned in chat for this I think)? I remember people saying oh, it's okay because it's jman lol which I honestly think is enough of a reason to keep him barred from the event. His speeches are also the absolute worst.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What did he run again this year?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Keyboard Kid posted:

Wasn't Jman the one constantly yelling 'gently caress' 'poo poo' 'drat' etc during his run, although everyone was explicitly told not to use that kind of language for this event (which most other runners had no issue with; they also banned in chat for this I think)? I remember people saying oh, it's okay because it's jman lol which I honestly think is enough of a reason to keep him barred from the event. His speeches are also the absolute worst.

His Shinobi run was the one where he lost it at that boss and just yelled out like 4-5 explicit words in a row. I believe the "law" allows for one every half-hour but he seemingly ignores that on a rather consistent basis. That and most people use their 1 for the occasional "drat" or "poo poo" not "you cocksucking human being whore thundercunt" or some other verbal diarrhea that seems to spew from his mouth when he can't accept his inability to beat a game at a specific level of play.

I am not in charge of the marathons and I understand SGDQ is set and ready to go in about a month but I think at this point they should cut ties with him for future marathons and perhaps revisit the notion for 2014 or so. People are going to troll him at SGDQ and it will bring down the quality of the marathon and in the end the people running it will have themselves to blame. He's an adult. There's no reason to toss pity at him like you would a child. Mike and the others in charge need to sit down with him and explain that he does represent the same community and that his antics reflect poorly upon the community.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Oh yeah, i remember that run, it turned from 'huh this guy is getting pretty into it' laughter into embarrassing awkward silence during his swearing overload pretty much instantly. Made me skip whatever other stuff he was participating in, too.

I can't wait for someone to try and to make the 'argument' in his favor that the douchebag once got someone to donate a couple hundred bucks just to have his mouth taped shut (and throw a cake in his face?) because people couldn't take his constant irritating nonsense trash. Is 'pay to torture this idiot' (as deserved as it may be) really a fitting theme for a charity donation drive you want to associate with the event?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

While I understand Peaches' argument that SGDQ is all ready set to go and you can't just tell him to not show up, I cannot in good conscious support SDA's future events if he is continued to be invited. With speed running becoming more and more popular people like him do no favors to the community.

That being said, let's not ruin SGDQ because of him. Goons should pool together and raise a bounty to get him to publicly apologize to his mom.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Liku posted:

What did he run again this year?

His mouth, I believe.

Also in the pool of people who think that, if he can't be removed from this upcoming marathon, that it at least acts as his last. Until he can learn to be a grown-rear end man, anyway.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

His mouth, I believe.

Also in the pool of people who think that, if he can't be removed from this upcoming marathon, that it at least acts as his last. Until he can learn to be a grown-rear end man, anyway.

If you want to a watch a run that was ruined by Jman, watch the ShadowWraith's Unreal run from this year's AGDQ.

Thankfully, it looked like he got bored and left when Peaches ran System Shock 2 next.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ChibiSoma posted:

His mouth, I believe.

:golfclap:

Vakal posted:

If you want to a watch a run that was ruined by Jman, watch the ShadowWraith's Unreal run from this year's AGDQ.

Thankfully, it looked like he got bored and left when Peaches ran System Shock 2 next.

I guess I'll have to give this a watch when I wake up, I don't get this guy at all.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HKR posted:

That being said, let's not ruin SGDQ because of him. Goons should pool together and raise a bounty to get him to publicly apologize to his mom.

For some reason I thought this would be paid to the guy instead of to cancer prevention. Duhhhh.
I was going to say something about how we shouldn't post about this personal drama, but hey, it's kinda fun. The organizers are probably dumb for inviting him.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
nes is live! gogogogogogogo

http://www.twitch.tv/neskamikaze

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Now with color commentary from someone's younger sibling. :3:

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Liku posted:

You're loving kidding me, isn't this the same dude who got emotional on stream during one of the donation runs about "never fitting in, but everyone here at SDA is so nice" like a total anti-social creep?

Yes, that's the same guy. I don't suppose anyone got that bit recorded?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This stream is such a mess. You can only hear neskamikaze, stream dies every 5 minutes, massive amount of technical problems, and the bitrate is causing constant stuttering.

In other words, working as intended.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Do the people doing SGDQ have all the stuff figured out with regards to donation comments? A vertical scroll at the bottom of the page seems like a good idea because by far the worst part of AGDQ was them reading off comments every two minutes.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 21, 2012

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

OmegaZultan posted:

Do the people doing SGDQ have all the stuff figured out with regards to donation comments? I vertical scroll at the bottom of the page seems like a good idea because by far the worst part of AGDQ was them reading off comments every two minutes.

Yeah but you know a ton of people wouldn't donate if their comment wouldn't be read out to 1000 people watching.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'd like to think people who donate to charity don't do it because they are insecure and need the gratification of being shouted out to, but what do I know.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
People take loans and credit just to donate to these things. People ruin their personal economies for it. Remember Japan Relief Done Quick? Just as that started one donor piped up with how he'd only just then been able to pay off his donations from AGDQ2011.

wa27 posted:

Yeah but you know a ton of people wouldn't donate if their comment wouldn't be read out to 1000 people watching.

You wrote "comment". What you meant to write was "2000 word Breivik-like sperglord manifesto". gently caress every single last one of those lengthy rear end in a top hat comments that were read at AGQD2012. They take away time from other people who may have something actually worth reading, and they also piss off runners and viewers.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 21, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Grawl posted:

Yes, that's the same guy. I don't suppose anyone got that bit recorded?

The official SDA account does, actually!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knqJ4KqaDyY&t=737s

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My comment was to not read my name out loud on air, which they read out loud after reading my name out loud on air.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Propaganda Hour posted:

This stream is such a mess. You can only hear neskamikaze, stream dies every 5 minutes, massive amount of technical problems, and the bitrate is causing constant stuttering.

In other words, working as intended.

yeah there were a shitload of problems so I took over the hosting.

:siren: http://twitch.tv/peaches__ :siren:

not ideal but it should be way WAY better. Nes put a lot of effort into arranging and scheduling all the runs so give it another shot. If there's any more problems with the stream let me know in chat, cause as long as I'm not playing I'll be free to fix problems.

Also I broke the Eltale Monsters any% wr during my run :madmax:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

MrLonghair posted:

You wrote "comment". What you meant to write was "2000 word Breivik-like sperglord manifesto". gently caress every single last one of those lengthy rear end in a top hat comments that were read at AGQD2012. They take away time from other people who may have something actually worth reading, and they also piss off runners and viewers.

I guess I have to apologize because I wrote one of those considerably lengthy comments. In my defense, mine was in dedication to my gradnmother who had suddenly passed away from lymphoma two weeks prior to the event.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I guess I have to apologize because I wrote one of those considerably lengthy comments. In my defense, mine was in dedication to my gradnmother who had suddenly passed away from lymphoma two weeks prior to the event.

That's not quite a nerd manifesto.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

HKR posted:

That's not quite a nerd manifesto.

Yeah, I was skimming the thread on my phone and only saw the part about the length. My bad.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That would be a lengthy comment worth reading, and I would fight to have it read on air, as long as it wasn't a serioustime section in the game being run.

But for every one of those, there were twenty comments reading like they were made by UltraJMan, that took twice as long as to read.

Hope they get some discipline on that stuff.

(If they put a $100 lower limit to read donation comments longer than a tweet they will rake in the money from mental cases, money that goes towards good, and I will be all for it.)

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The worst were cheap shits donating $1 to have them read out some lovely catch phrase or lame pun.

I agree there should be at least a $20 minimum for your comment to be read out loud.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

absolutely anything posted:

The official SDA account does, actually!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knqJ4KqaDyY&t=737s

That's not the one. It happened during the end, when Final Fantasy VII was finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Vakal posted:

The worst were cheap shits donating $1 to have them read out some lovely catch phrase or lame pun.

I agree there should be at least a $20 minimum for your comment to be read out loud.

I think it's actually $5

• Locked thread