Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

Haven't seen any talk about the new Beast in the Field album on here yet... BEAST IN THE FIELD IS PUTTING OUT A NEW ALBUM.

Seriously, they are one of my favorite bands and I can't wait for the new album. Here is a video for the first song off the Goat Isle Seance.

Anybody else care for them?

Yeah, been into Beast in the Field for a while now. Great band! Actually, Goat Isle Seance is their debut that was released a few years back. They're just re-releasing it on vinyl next month. It's a good chance to grab it again. They're more like a evil psychedelic instrumental doom. Great music to just put on the background and do anything evil. Cool guys. They sent me a proof print of the shirt they released with their last album, Lucifer, Bearer of Light. I wear it proudly and get lots on inquiries. I really wanted to see them when they were opening for fellow Michigan natives, The Black Dahlia Murder, but... yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smile.jpg
Jun 15, 2010

Anyone heard of Bezoar? They released their debut full-length in January and I find it really awesome. It has this muddy sound that really works for the psychedelic feel they are trying to establish on the album. Sludge fans would probably like it, although the root of it is clearly doom metal. It even has some surprise blast beasts on it as well!

Sorry if it has been mentioned here, I didn't feel like wading through over 300 posts simply to look for Bezoar.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Sleep's new version of Dopesmoker is finally here!

https://www.southernlord.com/sleep.php

:woop:

smile.jpg
Jun 15, 2010

Schizophrenic Orb posted:

Oh how I wish I had money for 100$ deal. :( The $36 deal will have to do.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004
I now will be referring to 4/20 as Matt Pike Day. First, I get this in the mail:

and then I order Dopesmoker on vinyl.

Good days, indeed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sonic Titan on the Vinyl but not the CD :(

Southern Lord posted:

Hidden insert includes unseen photos and a "riff-chart" the band created in order to follow the epic journey that Dopesmoker takes us all on!

Chart needs to be scanned and put in OP ASAP.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 21, 2012

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Sleep is playing in Tampa June 2 as part of some Scion rock fest. The show is 26 bands, and it's free.

http://www.scionav.com/event/273/Scion0Rock0Fest02012

Church of Misery, Sleep, St. Vitus, Down, Witch Mountain, etc.

stationlost
Nov 27, 2010
just rsvp'd, seriously can't wait for this....

i really hope sleep is at the ritz, the sound in there is amazing and they've got a pretty good bar. although, i don't think there is smoking in the main room there :/

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Hells yeah, CD + shirt pack ordered. So the CD is available right now, the LPs are out later?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I didn't realize Dopesmoker was going to be available so soon. Ordered in record time.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Anyone spotted a place that sells the Dopesmoker reissue in Europe?
I'd rather not pay 20$+ for shipping.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Angryhead posted:

Anyone spotted a place that sells the Dopesmoker reissue in Europe?
I'd rather not pay 20$+ for shipping.

Amazon UK for example, but it's released May 8th and plain CD version only.

What package were you trying to buy? The CD + shirt came with $12.94 shipping total for me. Worth it. :colbert:

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Metanaut posted:

Amazon UK for example, but it's released May 8th and plain CD version only.

What package were you trying to buy? The CD + shirt came with $12.94 shipping total for me. Worth it. :colbert:

Shipping for the 2LP + shirt was like $24 for me. Totally worth it. :colbert:
I mean, it'll probably be a lot more than (the equivalent of) $36 for that set at a European distro. And you probably won't be able to get the bundles from anywhere but Southern Lord.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm guessing they won't have the CDs in time for the European tour then :(

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I'm so glad that hoodie wasn't a zippered, because I'd be out $70 instead of the cash for the LP + shirt deal. Did anyone not get green?

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Anyone have suggestions for stuff similar to Truckfighters - Gravity? I'm in a rough spot right now and I need something that hits hard and has no respite.

I'd like to know somebody's response to this as well. I don't know much about this genre but I love truckfighters/that album and I'd like to listen to similar sounds.

Manhattan Project is probably my favorite from Gravity X.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

Was any here lucky enough to order at exactly 4:20pm PST? Southern Lord said there would be a surprise for anyone who did.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
why is scion so interested in music that's basically all about getting high

stationlost
Nov 27, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

why is scion so interested in music that's basically all about getting high

didn't they also put out that free melvins ep?

so who all is going to the festival?

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.
Was able to grab one of the last few copies of Huata's Atavist Of Mann yesterday. God drat I am loving that album.

SlowlyChoking fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 22, 2012

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

SlowlyChoking posted:

Was able to grab one of the last few copies of Huata's Atavist Of Mann yesterday. God drat I am loving that album.

Yeah it's fantastic.

I saw them this past Roadburn and I was surprised to see a couple of younguns honestly! Live their mildly entertaining but severely ridiculous theatrics get in the way of the actual songs a bit, but they were alright.

Snapes N Snapes fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 23, 2012

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
That Sleep shirt is so rad. Or dope. Or... well whatever, I bought the poo poo out that cd+shirt pack.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

SlowlyChoking posted:

This is awesome.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

I posted about Undersmile earlier in this thread. They had an EP in 2010 (Sea of Dead Snakes) which is really really good. They are finally releasing a full length in May. You can listen to one of their new tracks here.

Like I said in my previous post about them, very early Melvins-ish, slow and sludgy and heavy. So good!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
New High on Fire is a massive thumbs up. Last album just felt a bit flat and drawn out, I can hang out with this new one all day.

And as a recommendation, a band from my wimpy little town who have two albums out.
I Exist
http://www.myspace.com/iexistmusic

Krabsworth
Feb 20, 2011

by T. Mascis
Is anyone else kind of...I don't know, turned off by this barrage of Sleep poo poo from Southern Lord? gently caress I love Sleep as much as anyone else, I've ran like three cd copies of Holy Mountain into the ground just through playing them nearly every day. But uh...different shirt/cd/vinyl/poster packages? Dopesmoker is already great as it is. It just seems really played out the way they are releasing this merchandise bomb. I suppose I'm not fanatic enough. I also haven't gone on discogs for a $100+ copy of Holy Mountain on a picture disc ever. Merchandise just isn't my thing, but if the band needs some money, whatever I guess.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

So the debut album from Occultation is out. It features a guy from Negative Plane on guitar and basically sounds like a slowed-down Negative Plane with a female vocalist. Pretty cool.

Here's a track: http://soundcloud.com/brooklynvegan/occultation-living-portrait

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Yeah, been into Beast in the Field for a while now. Great band! Actually, Goat Isle Seance is their debut that was released a few years back. They're just re-releasing it on vinyl next month. It's a good chance to grab it again. They're more like a evil psychedelic instrumental doom. Great music to just put on the background and do anything evil. Cool guys. They sent me a proof print of the shirt they released with their last album, Lucifer, Bearer of Light. I wear it proudly and get lots on inquiries. I really wanted to see them when they were opening for fellow Michigan natives, The Black Dahlia Murder, but... yeah...

Well I feel foolish. I know where I went wrong, though. They had mentioned they were recording a new album earlier this year and I thought that LP was the new album. Looking into it after your post, according to their facebook, they are recording in June the new album called OUR IMPENDING COLLISION WITH A PROTO PLANET.

Still pumped for the reissue. Apparently that is their only album I don't have.

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Krabsworth posted:

Is anyone else kind of...I don't know, turned off by this barrage of Sleep poo poo from Southern Lord? gently caress I love Sleep as much as anyone else, I've ran like three cd copies of Holy Mountain into the ground just through playing them nearly every day. But uh...different shirt/cd/vinyl/poster packages? Dopesmoker is already great as it is. It just seems really played out the way they are releasing this merchandise bomb. I suppose I'm not fanatic enough. I also haven't gone on discogs for a $100+ copy of Holy Mountain on a picture disc ever. Merchandise just isn't my thing, but if the band needs some money, whatever I guess.

Checking amazon, a vinyl copy of Dopesmoker is currently priced at $350. It's cheaper on ebay, but still overpriced. So yeah, I'm pretty excited to actually be able to own a vinyl copy without paying outrageous prices :v: Besides, I hear the new remastering is great.

Anyway, it's not like rereleasing the album makes it any less great - so I don't really see any problem with it.

Otto Octopus fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 25, 2012

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Krabsworth posted:

Some people are really, really into vinyl. Not just listening to it, but also collecting. Hell, just look at the vinyl thread in this forum. Not everyone will be out there trying to buy the mega pack with all the bells and whistles, but for those really into vinyl, oh hell yeah.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004
I bought the picture disc/CD/Shirt/Poster combo. I would pay 20 for the vinyl and 20 for a shirt, so why not?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So here's Baroness' tracklist for the new album(s), and more importantly the artwork:

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173066 posted:

Disc 1:
01. Yellow Theme
02. Take My Bones Away
03. March To The Sea
04. Little Things
05. Twinkler
06. Cocainium
07. Back Where I Belong
08. Sea Lungs
09. Eula

Disc 2:
01. Green Theme
02. Board Up The House
03. Mtns. (The Crown & Anchor)
04. Foolsong
05. Collapse
06. Psalms Alive
07. Stretchmarker
08. The Line Between
09. If I Forget Thee, Lowcountry

It's too bad the resolution is so small, I think John Baizley is one of the most impressive modern artists around right now (not that I know anything about the painting world). It looks great.

I also didn't realize it was a double album til' now, good poo poo.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Trees and Squids posted:

So here's Baroness' tracklist for the new album(s), and more importantly the artwork:

It's too bad the resolution is so small, I think John Baizley is one of the most impressive modern artists around right now (not that I know anything about the painting world). It looks great.

I also didn't realize it was a double album til' now, good poo poo.

Larger resolution here:
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Baroness-Yellow-Green.jpg

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Just came here to post that same artwork and track listing. That's my most anticipated release of the year, for sure. Baroness are amazing, and Baizley is such an amazing artist. That artwork is gorgeous. Fuuuuck, I can't wait. A Baroness double LP is pretty boner-inducing.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
For everyone who loves Baizley's artwork, he has a blog at http://www.aperfectmonster.com/. There isn't a whole lot there yet but hopefully we'll start seeing more before too long.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
Ex-members of Isis (minus Aaron Turner) and Chino Moreno (Deftones) forming a band named Palms

Pretty excited about this.

Krabsworth
Feb 20, 2011

by T. Mascis

Trees and Squids posted:

gently caress yeah. Fish n tits...all you need really.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Crimson Sox posted:

Ex-members of Isis (minus Aaron Turner) and Chino Moreno (Deftones) forming a band named Palms

Pretty excited about this.

drat, Chino gets around. Definitely going to keep an eye on that.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Are there any bands out there like The Angelic Process but with better production?

I really wish they had a real drummer and the guy didn't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

~8 mins of Dopesmoker being rehearsed at Roadburn. neat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ouRr-R6kCYI!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouRr-R6kCYI