Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Well it sounds like Washington is becoming the place to be in the states for bass.

Anyway everyone's favourite ghetto princess Mz Bratt is back with a morality tale to remind us just what terrible people West Ham fans really are. Or it's just a new music video or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r94vgC4z8o4

More breaks for the lovers. Like I said I think it's gonna be the flavour of the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Denver and Houston both deserve huge props too. That Deep Medi celebration in Denver sounded pretty ridiculous, and if you recall those lineups that Gritsy has put together in Houston, they even got more press attention. Very excited to see more and more growth in the U.S.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
If it's not too late on the Old Apparatus tip, one of the producers on my "Can do no wrong" list, DjRUM, is behind the decks on the latest RA Podcast.

Mountains is untouchable, can't wait for the follow up.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

States wise, texas is doing HUGE things right now.

#FEELINGS from austin has Ben Aqua plus a ton of other awesome producers on it, plus they help throw parties like this one: http://youtu.be/4zTYvbJlOyU

Then LDFD rules dallas pretty much: http://soundcloud.com/ldfd

Also FRESHMORE is houston-based, great label: http://soundcloud.com/freshmore

And Stepehn Farris has been making lots of trap tunes free to download on his soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/stephenfarris/tracks

More texas bros:

Ben Aqua
http://soundcloud.com/benaqua

Galactic Zack
http://soundcloud.com/galacticzack

ynfynytscroll
http://soundcloud.com/ynfynytscroll

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Maguro posted:

States wise, texas is doing HUGE things right now.

Yeah Texas always was there from days actually. Is Jason Mundo still doing stuff in Texas? Really cool guy when I met him briefly years ago when he played here a few years ago (well like 5 years ago now I guess), plus he got bonus points for all his Dub Assembly stuff being on 10"s.

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
New xxxy EP is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2d_us7Y2yw

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Yeah Texas always was there from days actually. Is Jason Mundo still doing stuff in Texas? Really cool guy when I met him briefly years ago when he played here a few years ago (well like 5 years ago now I guess), plus he got bonus points for all his Dub Assembly stuff being on 10"s.

He's still doin monthly Dub Assembly shows in a rock club in Dallas. Not sure beyond that since I never seem to be in the right position to actually go see em.

psychicsecession
Jan 15, 2011
I don't know if this is the proper thread for it, but the new Actress album is the best thing i've heard in ages. Dude is on his own level.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

knox posted:

I was the kid in the Mishka hat with the pink-haired girl.

I had a Tampa Bay hat a black/neon nike windbreaker and a Butterz shirt. Nice pic of you two in that album, I'll say hi next time I run in to you!

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

psychicsecession posted:

I don't know if this is the proper thread for it, but the new Actress album is the best thing i've heard in ages. Dude is on his own level.

The new Actress album is really tight yeah, but I think it's gonna have some competition in the new album stakes when Lone's new one comes out next week.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Also really enjoyed Surkin's remix LP. Especially the Rustie remix of Lose Yourself and L-Vis 1990/Bok Bok's of Gold Island.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

air- posted:

I'm not sure if it's just SUBFRIES and I who are in the DC area, but who else is going to Forward Festival?

100% planning to go to the Forward Bass showcase and the closing party. So excited about pretty much the entire lineup, especially Silkie, Jacques Greene, Dara, and J:Kenzo.

I was at the preview event Friday night for 2562. Holy poo poo the bass. Glad the system formerly at Sweet Spot was salvaged.

I've got my presale ticket for Hatcha & Joe Nice already. I doubt I'll be able to make it to the Silkie show tho, thanks to Metro being my only mode of transport and it closing at midnight on weeknights (thus I'd have to miss Silkie's set just to make it back home in time). I fully plan on being at the free J:Kenzo show.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Two Beans posted:

I was at the preview event Friday night for 2562. Holy poo poo the bass. Glad the system formerly at Sweet Spot was salvaged.

I've got my presale ticket for Hatcha & Joe Nice already. I doubt I'll be able to make it to the Silkie show tho, thanks to Metro being my only mode of transport and it closing at midnight on weeknights (thus I'd have to miss Silkie's set just to make it back home in time). I fully plan on being at the free J:Kenzo show.

What's all this nonsense then eh? Leaving early! You just need to be more hardcore!

Surely any dance is gonna go on until the wee hours? You'll either be out by the time any trains or buses start (well more or less, that spare hour is where you smuggle out a bottle of something and get extra pished in the nearest park) or if your town follows Glasgow's example and kicks you out at 3am, after party. There's always an after party, even if it's less of a party and more a half dozen of you huddled in a shitey kitchen in a nearby flat, polishing off the last dregs of a bottle of cheap cider and listening to whatever Soul Jazz compilation is first at hand.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

What's all this nonsense then eh? Leaving early! You just need to be more hardcore!

Surely any dance is gonna go on until the wee hours? You'll either be out by the time any trains or buses start (well more or less, that spare hour is where you smuggle out a bottle of something and get extra pished in the nearest park) or if your town follows Glasgow's example and kicks you out at 3am, after party. There's always an after party, even if it's less of a party and more a half dozen of you huddled in a shitey kitchen in a nearby flat, polishing off the last dregs of a bottle of cheap cider and listening to whatever Soul Jazz compilation is first at hand.

Depends on the venue in DC actually. The party Silkie is playing will probably go till 4AM or 6AM, but if it's a bar or club, they'll close around 3AM because of liquor laws, and public transportation will already be shut down for the night. Also, me personally, I'm not an after-party person. But that might just because I'm crankier now.

Two Beans, you should post on the Facebook group (the DC Bass Music one), maybe find a ride home.

I'm going to the Moombahton Massive event on Wednesday probably, and then the Distal & DFRNT party on Thursday, but then I'm out of town for a wedding until Sunday. Might make it to see J:Kenzo. Also I had a new dnb track just picked up for the Festival compilation CD, was happy (and surprised) to get the news today.

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer

SUBFRIES posted:

Two Beans, you should post on the Facebook group (the DC Bass Music one), maybe find a ride home.

Mind posting a link to this? Facebook search brings me nothing and I'm interested on joining in as well.

Also, DC bass music heads, keep your eyes open for Goth-Trad and Joe Nice at U Hall on May 30th. I plan on celebrating my birthday that night, so if anyone wants to grab a drink in the place let me know!

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

Depends on the venue in DC actually. The party Silkie is playing will probably go till 4AM or 6AM, but if it's a bar or club, they'll close around 3AM because of liquor laws, and public transportation will already be shut down for the night. Also, me personally, I'm not an after-party person. But that might just because I'm crankier now.

I'm going to the Moombahton Massive event on Wednesday probably, and then the Distal & DFRNT party on Thursday, but then I'm out of town for a wedding until Sunday. Might make it to see J:Kenzo. Also I had a new dnb track just picked up for the Festival compilation CD, was happy (and surprised) to get the news today.

I became an after party person simply because getting money out of me is tougher than prying that gun out of Charlton Heston's cold dead hands. I learned it was far cheaper to stay up or doss on a mates couch for a couple hours and get the first train home than pay actual money for a taxi. Sadly life got a lot harder since they put barriers up on the station. gently caress you First Scotrail you ain't getting my money if I can help it.

Actually whenever we went down to London for a day that's sometimes what we'd do. We'd just stay up! In on the morning, do stuff/record shopping in the afternoon, out on the dancefloor all night, Brixton McDs breakfast when lights come on and back on the train/plane home next morning. Pure knackered but sooo worth it.

Of course the real hardcore massive walk home. I've done that 4-5 mile walk once or twice and hopefully never again. I'm too old and way too unfit to get a chase off some wee young team on a cold, drizzley Saturday night.

And good news on the compilation, remember to send 'em the bill asking for the royalties!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

SUBFRIES posted:

The problem is, I live way the gently caress out in Rockville where no one wants to drive that far past the beltway. It's bad enough that I tried to get folks I knew to come out to 2562, but everyone I knew was more interested in Figure playing at The Loft (ugh). I also don't like trusting strangers for ride home. Not that I fear a kidnapping scenario, I just don't like to be stuck to the schedules of people I don't know.

Grats on your track bein' on the compilation CD. I'm gonna get me a copy of it one for sure.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Styliferous posted:

Mind posting a link to this? Facebook search brings me nothing and I'm interested on joining in as well.

Also, DC bass music heads, keep your eyes open for Goth-Trad and Joe Nice at U Hall on May 30th. I plan on celebrating my birthday that night, so if anyone wants to grab a drink in the place let me know!

Sad news. G-T is having visa issues, so he won't be able to come by till August.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Styliferous posted:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/dcfuturebass/

Sorry, I say "Bass Music" but most around here say "Future Bass". Same thing to me.

Styliferous posted:

Guys from EXBC are putting on that show, didn't hear about the visa issues yet.

And as for the comp, not sure if the festival people will put in on Bandcamp or anything, it's got a good list of artists on it:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Not sure if everyone saw, but there's also a Sunday Forward after-party at night. I'm pretty sure I'm calling in sick to work next Monday because I bet I'll need to recuperate.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

air- posted:

Not sure if everyone saw, but there's also a Sunday Forward after-party at night. I'm pretty sure I'm calling in sick to work next Monday because I bet I'll need to recuperate.

Probably the same space as the preview parties (2562, Pinch, etc.), and probably J:Kenzo again. I might go in late on Monday. Was thinking of taking Thursday off, but I think Monday off (or late) would be better.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

SUBFRIES posted:

Probably the same space as the preview parties (2562, Pinch, etc.), and probably J:Kenzo again. I might go in late on Monday. Was thinking of taking Thursday off, but I think Monday off (or late) would be better.

Yeah 1351 H St. NE is the same spot, that's also where Joe Nice/Hatcha will be. I am a huge fan of that location now and was really impressed with the precision and output of the system when 2562 played. Plus $5 DC Brau pale ale on tap was great. I have a car but it'd be really nice if it were easier to get out there via public transportation.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Labrinth's new album came out if you're into that style of urban pop. I'm most tickled by the fact that Busta Rhymes is on the remix of Earthquake (along with Wretch 32 and Kano).

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Mike_V posted:

Labrinth's new album came out if you're into that style of urban pop. I'm most tickled by the fact that Busta Rhymes is on the remix of Earthquake (along with Wretch 32 and Kano).

Yeah it's been out for a week or two, but now you've tempted me to pick up the album just for that. I've only really heard the singles/watched the videos. Last Time gets some serious points off for having a video that looks like an Eiffel 65 video from over a decade ago. You'd think being signed to Simon Cowell's label would let them afford some better cgi.

Though in all that vain I've definitely been liking that new Rita Ora song, RIP, which coincidentally features Tinie Tempah too. It's definitely one of my favourite signing loud in the car/shower/when nobody else is within 50 miles of me songs. Wait, I mean I totally don't do that, nope not at all, not one bit. I was pretty proud of myself too when I first heard it I went,"hey this sounds like it should be a Rihanna song" turns it it should've been a Rihanna song.

Actually to be honest I figure that's what they were pushing for her anyway, like a low budget British version of Rihanna. I can dig it though, nothing sexier than cheap if you ask me.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Though in all that vain I've definitely been liking that new Rita Ora song, RIP, which coincidentally features Tinie Tempah too.

That DJ Fresh song rules too, it manages to be fun despite the loving flimsy dnb beat that usually doesn't work in favour of catchy choruses.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Tonight's the night :allears:

So excited, see y'all there. And I'm seriously thinking about staying all the way through and catching the 7:20 AM Metro out of New York Ave tomorrow morning. By the way, Two Beans, I did check and the last train leaves at 2:34 AM.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Ras Het posted:

That DJ Fresh song rules too, it manages to be fun despite the loving flimsy dnb beat that usually doesn't work in favour of catchy choruses.

I actually don't half mind his new tune with Dizzee on it, even if it is basically just replacing the flimsy DnB beat with a flimsy house beat. I guess if you're probably making money hand over fist why gently caress too much with the winning formula?

Though the video does really make me think I'm going to the wrong clubs. Onwards to Miami!

air- posted:

Tonight's the night :allears:

So excited, see y'all there. And I'm seriously thinking about staying all the way through and catching the 7:20 AM Metro out of New York Ave tomorrow morning. By the way, Two Beans, I did check and the last train leaves at 2:34 AM.

See this guy knows the script. Big up the allnighter crew!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
New Lazer Sword is amazing. Kinda miss the silly glitch-hop sound but their new more Techno oriented sound is great. You can tell Lando Kal is loving Berlin.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010
Just posted this UK Bass mix, lots of recent tunes from Swamp 81 / Boddika / Mickey Pearce / Joy Orbison / Pearson Sound. Heavy!

http://soundcloud.com/nacktmusic/nackt-session-3

1) Jacques Greene - These Days
2) Pearson Sound - Stifle
3) Joy Orbison - Knock Knock
4) Boddika - Basement
5) Shadow Child - Rustic Chip
6) Mickey Pearce - Don't Ask Don't Get
7) Boddika - Acid Jackson
8) Joy Orbison - Sicko Cell
9) Joe - Rut
10) XXXY - Kerpow
11) Ramadanman - Work Them
12) Joy Orbison - Brkln Clln
13) Saschienne - Neue Acht

Download: http://soundcloud.com/nacktmusic/nackt-session-3/download

reichsten fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 29, 2012

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
So I got Lone's new LP this morning.

If you're planning on doing anything this fine Saturday then it had better be going down to your local record store and buying this album right now as it's loving immense.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

JamesKPolk posted:

I had a Tampa Bay hat a black/neon nike windbreaker and a Butterz shirt. Nice pic of you two in that album, I'll say hi next time I run in to you!

Most definitely! Elijah posted up his set, badddness.
http://soundcloud.com/eli1ah/elijah-live-in-new-york-city

Also forgot who Kosmonot is (isomerc?) but 'Good Life' and other fresh rollers are ssserious tracks. Definitely think they'd get radio play from people in UK/support in sets from producers.

knox fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 29, 2012

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

So I got Lone's new LP this morning.

If you're planning on doing anything this fine Saturday then it had better be going down to your local record store and buying this album right now as it's loving immense.

This is correct

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
The forthcoming Swindle release on Deep Medi is nuts, not heard anything like this..

A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzpfdMrgA00
B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8U0B1rJ1G4

And another track not on the release;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETXHAg_8uD

psychicsecession
Jan 15, 2011
I just found out that Clicks & Whistles are coming to my city but they're playing the same night as Kode9, noooooo

x!te bike
May 2, 2008

Just heard Grapes. All I can say is wow.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Here's a bit of a summer anthem that's been rolling around lately: Tulisa - Young

I think she was in N-Dubz or something, but anyways, there's a couple Preditah remixes about and the one with C4 on it is nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2RxBAmiOM

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Mike_V posted:

Here's a bit of a summer anthem that's been rolling around lately: Tulisa - Young

I think she was in N-Dubz or something, but anyways, there's a couple Preditah remixes about and the one with C4 on it is nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2RxBAmiOM

She also made watching X-Factor that bit more bearable. Better than that oval office Danii Minogue. gently caress you Danni, you ain't no Kylie!

The Preditah remix is great though, just a shame all the other remixes of the song are pretty much complete gash. Ah well, I guess that's how you seperate the men from the boys. See who can successfully remix a pretty generic pop song.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Feeling this new grimey/garagey/tropical mix from Moony: http://soundcloud.com/gobstopper-records/moony-the-t-mix

Definitely been keeping an eye on his output, love the old-school sound he puts together. His last few ep's have been pretty solid, this Teedra Moses remix was a gem.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

I just put up a new trap tune, free download. Make sure to get the .wav to hear it properly, soundcloud kinda makes it sound like garbage.

CHUMP CHANGE - DEFECT

http://soundcloud.com/djchumpchange/defect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

So what's the deal with Trap exactly? I've only heard a couple tracks labeled as such and have generally enjoyed them all, more so than most of the footwork I've listened to, though they don't seem to be all that different by definition. Is it something that's just been starting to develop the past couple years or has it and the like just been below the radar for longer?

• Locked thread