Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So guys what genre of video game do you think could best capture the magic of TGT?

2D brawler? VS Fighting? Perhaps Tails Gets Trolled Tactics, the strategy RPG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

So guys what genre of video game do you think could best capture the magic of TGT?

An unmoderated MMORPG.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man posted:

Clearly it would have to be a kind of Super Smash Bros. game with a story adventure mode.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I see it as a hybrid game that has different genres depending on who you play as.

Fudd mode is basically Duke Nukem Forever but good.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Mario kills King Troll. Tails goes through weeks of body-breaking mind-altering training to become strong enough to resist the Word of Death, ignorant of his foe's fate. When he leaves the secret hideout, the world is a beautiful thing and he no longer belongs, being the zen non-violent weapon that he is, always primed and unable to accept peace.

Tails will have been trolled by Lazerbot.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bowser wrote down a list of "all Mario's powers" so Shadow probably thought of a really hilarious way to circumvent Starmen power. He's gonna show up and ruin everything any second now. I know it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Did anyone noticed he updated this page? What did he change from the original?

:lol: The way Silver shoves his face through the window

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Light Gun Man posted:

I love the idea of a Konami style brawler (X-Men, Turtles in Time). Fighting waves of palette-swapped generic trolls, with the bosses being the names ones. Characters would change depending on where in the story you are. I'd play the gently caress out of it, mowing everyone down with Fudd and my second cock.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Chernabog posted:

I'm guessing Mario kills the troll and then becomes the new troll king.

I think Mario wins and but dies in the process. Troll King's son then takes over as the main antagonist. Makes sense given that Troll King is sorta supposed to be sympathetic, but his son is a corpse raper.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

FrenchToasty posted:

I love the idea of a Konami style brawler (X-Men, Turtles in Time). Fighting waves of palette-swapped generic trolls, with the bosses being the names ones. Characters would change depending on where in the story you are. I'd play the gently caress out of it, mowing everyone down with Fudd and my second cock.

With OpenBOR, this could become a reality. I wonder if there are enough trolls to have decent enemy variation though.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I was passing through Boston on Saturday and happened to be able to briefly meet up with an old college buddy of mine who lives in the area. We spent about 3 hours discussing Tails Gets Trolled.

Like, legit debating you might find on a TGT Wiki (which needs to get made):
-How would tails return to save the day?
-Why was Kario named Kario and not some other generic Italian name like Giuseppe?
-What incredibly deep psychological complex did Mario's mom have for that lifestyle?
-Where can we score some "smart weed?"
-How were some characters geniuses and others dumb as poo poo?
-Will the three splintered groups come together or fight each other?

The entire time we were laughing about it like idiots. Lazerbot has brought us amazing things. Greatest among them, community.

God bless you, Lazerbot :patriot:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Backweb posted:

-Why was Kario named Kario and not some other generic Italian name like Giuseppe?

A portmanteau of "Kaizo Mario", the trolliest of Mario games :unsmigghh:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 23, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I envision different teams having different gameplay in a theoretical TGT game. I always imagine Team Silver to be like Mass Effect but you can switch between characters. Silver plays like an Adept, Fudd like a Soldier, and Rob similar to a Vanguard.

Maybe some goons can play ME3 multiplayer with this team. The player who plays Rob must mute his speakers and yell everytime he uses Charge or Shockwave.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 23, 2012

Jazz and Liquor
Jul 2, 2011

by angerbot
Frankly, if I played League of Legends for any serious amount of time, my mind would schism away from it and create a fantasy world divorced from reality, too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

You don't actually have anything left, do you, Mario? I can tell.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
Why did Mario only bring one star power? This guy killed your brother, you gotta be armed to the mothafuckin' teeth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To quote several characters from Monty Python, GET ON WITH IT!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

To quote several characters from Monty Python, GET ON WITH IT!

Yeah, sorry Lazerbot, but this is starting to get into "5 minutes until this planet blows" territory.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Maybe Mario will counter-troll the Troll King by making rude comments about his wife or something?

What else could hurt that guy?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Simmerl posted:

Maybe Mario will counter-troll the Troll King by making rude comments about his wife or something?

What else could hurt that guy?

You can't harm trolling with more trolling :colbert:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
The troll king will die like the following of this comic, not with a sizzling star-powered bang but a whimper.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hey, you ni**ers! I got something for you!

That's right, a word so foul it blinds you when you hear it. As opposed to making you deaf or something. I bet it's "nipper".

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 23, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RIP Mario

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!
thoughs words

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Funnily enough that would be most peoples' reaction to instantly experiencing all of Nier. :smith:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That doesn't look very pleasant for Mario. :(

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So does this mean that George Carlin is one of the Troll King's sons? :O

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
So does that mean that these words are "used up" when they are uttered?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

For everyone complaining about the pace, you won't even notice it when it's in a leather-bound book on your coffee table.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

if next page doesn't start with elmer and crew looking from afar with and elmer going 'bet he didn't see that comin' i'm going to stop reading

Georgia Peach posted:

For everyone complaining about the pace, you won't even notice it when it's in a leather-bound book on your coffee table.

Also, this needs to be a reality. It can be a real chill your pill piece to a coffee table

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
this arrangement of close-up panels is so full of suspension

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

woodenchicken posted:

So does that mean that these words are "used up" when they are uttered?

Well, if you keep using a word it would probably lose it's impact. What gives the deadly word it's power is that it's so hateful. It's probably not a one use thing, but using the same one over and over would probably weaken it, since it would lose meaning if it was used constantly.

Thanks lazerbot, for censoring the deadly word so it wouldn't kill your readers too.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
I actually like that Mario was reasonable enough to have more starmen on him. If it was effective once there would be little reason to not just keep using it.

Though I am actually curious now if those Kill Words are somehow one use or something, so the Troll King can't just spam a single word and kill everyone, he actually has to think about when and where to use them. A lot more interesting if they are limited. It would explain why he knows more than one, too.

Also worth pointing out that it didn't actually instantly kill Mario. Just hurt him a lot and set him up to be killed, but it's significantly different than how it affected Luigi.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I hope someone saves Mario :ohdear:

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

mario survived the word and his eyes are bleeding because he is jamming two stars in his eyes. He will now kill the troll king with beams of radioactive fire shooting from his eyes.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I can't look at your GIF without hearing that Kill Bill siren in my head.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The man with no ears is going to be the real hero of the story.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Simmerl posted:

now I hear it, too
it syncs incredibly well

cyfad fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaverickEX
Mar 18, 2012

Simmerl posted:

This is the best idea.