Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tboeske01
Apr 6, 2011

in the end the addition of charles barkley did improve the amount of dunk in the proposed replacement picture as expected, even exceeding our more modest projections easily.
I would like to be added to the list please.

94-192 Anania Dr
apt 320
Mililiani Hawaii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I got a lovely card from cardboardRobot! Thank you very much! It was my first congratulatory card for my engagement. I guess that's not a thing anymore, sending cards for that occasion. I couldn't find a single one for my friend who's also getting married, and had to make her a pretty pathetic looking one from scratch.

So anyways, I will treasure your card forever. Thank you! I plan on doing the connect the dots this evening, and I'll post the results just as soon as I find my camera battery charger. :buddy:

tboeske01 posted:

I would like to be added to the list please.

94-192 Anania Dr
apt 320
Mililiani Hawaii

That's a cool sounding place to live!

Please tell us something about yourself and what you like in relation to snail mail, so I know what to send you. :ohdear:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Apr 16, 2012

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Thank you Pillory Soft for the sparkly card, and Team Lucnh for the word search!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I got a lovely card from cardboardRobot! Thank you very much! It was my first congratulatory card for my engagement. I guess that's not a thing anymore, sending cards for that occasion. I couldn't find a single one for my friend who's also getting married, and had to make her a pretty pathetic looking one from scratch.

So anyways, I will treasure your card forever. Thank you! I plan on doing the connect the dots this evening, and I'll post the results just as soon as I find my camera battery charger. :buddy:

I'm very glad you liked it :3:. I thought those cards were so pretty and perfect for spring, and definitely something worth keeping (I hope :ohdear:). Glad I was able to be the first to send a congratulatory card. You'll have to let us know when the wedding is so we can send cards for you getting married as well :3:

EDIT: Thank you 13Pandora13 for the card. The razzles were tasty.

OhJeezAllSleeves fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 18, 2012

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
Cardboard Robot, Thanks so much for the extreme connect the dots and the card! I came home and checked the mail then promptly got started on it! I was finished in about an hour

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

Cardboard Robot, Thanks so much for the extreme connect the dots and the card! I came home and checked the mail then promptly got started on it! I was finished in about an hour

Yay! Glad to hear you had fun with it! :neckbeard: Also you did a great job colouring it!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

Yay! Glad to hear you had fun with it! :neckbeard: Also you did a great job colouring it!

Yeah, that looks great! I haven't done mine yet, I'm so sorry. Going through a breakup. :)

I will in a week or two though, once that's all over with and I'm alone in the house again. Cheers cR.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Yeah, that looks great! I haven't done mine yet, I'm so sorry. Going through a breakup. :)

I will in a week or two though, once that's all over with and I'm alone in the house again. Cheers cR.

I'm so sorry to hear that, wwc! I hope it works out for the best. :ohdear: Hang in there.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Well I'm glad that it will be able to keep you busy for an hour or so. Hopefully things are well with you.

A thank you to Lamb for the pretty handmade easter card. Maybe I'm lame but I like how you sign your cards as "Your pal". Makes this thread seem more like a community :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I also got festively adorable Easter greetings from Lamb.

I sent out a few letters a bit over a week ago and it seems that none of them have shown up yet. :ohdear: I'm worried about the ones going to Canada because the woman at the post office was a total bitch; I told her a letter to Finland didn't need a customs form because it was literally just a long, multi-page letter (which I've sent before) and when I asked her about the ones to Canada that had more than letters enclosed she got all, "well you tell me, I just work here," and as much as I tried to explain I wasn't trying to tell her what to do and I legitimately didn't know if the Canada ones needed customs she refused to do anything but roll her eyes at me and say "whatever you think."

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
This is why I use the automated postage center at my local post office. It's never wrong, it tells you exactly what regulations apply to whatever you're sending, and it doesn't talk back. I cannot think of a single polite or civil thing I'd say to a bitch like that. I think I'd just take my letters and leave.

The good news is that the letters will probably just be returned to you if they're missing forms or something. I hope. :ohdear:

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Hello thread! First, (super late) thanks to the valentine sending goons whose names I don't have with me and may edit in later. They were great! About a week ago I got Dee's valentine back, it said "refused." Sad. Amazing how it can only take a few days to mail something but it takes weeks and weeks to return.

Also very late thanks to Keetron, who sent me an awesome hand painted birthday postcard. It does stare into my soul... Thanks!

This post brought to you by Cardboard Robot who sent me one of the super bitchin' connect the dots. I have only gotten to dot 64 but I'm having a swell time. It came in a really cute card, I love birds and flowers and poo poo like that.

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thanks so much for the Spring goodies Lamb!

Also, thank you Cardboard Robot for the epic connect-the-dots! It took my boyfriend and I an embarrassingly long time to figure out what the picture actually was even after I had connected all of the dots (all that was readily apparent was the volcano), but we eventually discovered it was a Triceratops! I'll admit that the posting here of the T-Rex helped, as it got our brains thinking about dinosaurs. Alas, I haven't been able to color him yet, as I seem to have misplaced both my stash of crayons and markers during our move. Blast!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

I sent out a few letters a bit over a week ago and it seems that none of them have shown up yet. :ohdear: I'm worried about the ones going to Canada because the woman at the post office was a total bitch; I told her a letter to Finland didn't need a customs form because it was literally just a long, multi-page letter (which I've sent before) and when I asked her about the ones to Canada that had more than letters enclosed she got all, "well you tell me, I just work here," and as much as I tried to explain I wasn't trying to tell her what to do and I legitimately didn't know if the Canada ones needed customs she refused to do anything but roll her eyes at me and say "whatever you think."

I got one! I edited it into a post a little bit further up this page. That sucks that you have to deal with a postal worker like that. The one I usually go to is quite nice and fairly helpful.

Tinydryad posted:

This post brought to you by Cardboard Robot who sent me one of the super bitchin' connect the dots. I have only gotten to dot 64 but I'm having a swell time. It came in a really cute card, I love birds and flowers and poo poo like that.

Glad that people are loving them as much as I had hoped!

Andaley posted:

Also, thank you Cardboard Robot for the epic connect-the-dots! It took my boyfriend and I an embarrassingly long time to figure out what the picture actually was even after I had connected all of the dots (all that was readily apparent was the volcano), but we eventually discovered it was a Triceratops! I'll admit that the posting here of the T-Rex helped, as it got our brains thinking about dinosaurs. Alas, I haven't been able to color him yet, as I seem to have misplaced both my stash of crayons and markers during our move. Blast!

Haha don't worry about it. I actually had troubles with that one when I first did it myself even knowing that they were all dinosaurs. Also, hope your move went swimmingly well!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I think I'll do my extreme connect the dots tonight!

Also, I feel kinda weird asking but...my birthday is coming up, it's May 1st. I just got a new job and will be doing intense training (16 day training session) during my birthday.

So I mean, if goons would like to send birthday goonlove, I'd most appreciate it. I could decorate my new desk with it!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'm so sorry to hear that, wwc! I hope it works out for the best. :ohdear: Hang in there.

Aw, thanks. It's definitely for the best, and a very gentle ending. I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm distracted with this because I owe a few cards, the super connect the dots to cB, and I was going to send those postcards to our new participant. Yet another chapter in my very e/n year, woohoo. Hopefully things pick up a bit.

And congrats on your engagement! That's such great news. :sun:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Aw, thanks. It's definitely for the best, and a very gentle ending. I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm distracted with this because I owe a few cards, the super connect the dots to cB, and I was going to send those postcards to our new participant. Yet another chapter in my very e/n year, woohoo. Hopefully things pick up a bit.

And congrats on your engagement! That's such great news. :sun:

Thanks, wwc! I've got more mail headed your way even though you're off the list. Don't worry about replying or anything! My list of Canadigoons is short, so you get stuff more often, I think. :buddy: I just hope things start lookin' up for you soon!

I received a bunch of my Easter mail back with insufficient postage... whoops! Sorry guys. I'll add some stamps and send it out again, plus some other stuff. Mail should be hitting about twenty of you soonish... or however long mail takes to get wherever you are!

Oh, and I sent you a birthday card, cuntvalet! Hope it gets there in time. I'm turning 25 on May 10th, and wouldn't mind some birthday cards, either. My family and I are not on great terms right now, so I don't think we'll be celebrating together. Family squabbles are terrible.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 23, 2012

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Thanks, wwc! I've got more mail headed your way even though you're off the list. Don't worry about replying or anything! My list of Canadigoons is short, so you get stuff more often, I think. :buddy: I just hope things start lookin' up for you soon!

I received a bunch of my Easter mail back with insufficient postage... whoops! Sorry guys. I'll add some stamps and send it out again, plus some other stuff. Mail should be hitting about twenty of you soonish... or however long mail takes to get wherever you are!

Oh, and I sent you a birthday card, cuntvalet! Hope it gets there in time. I'm turning 25 on May 10th, and wouldn't mind some birthday cards, either. My family and I are not on great terms right now, so I don't think we'll be celebrating together. Family squabbles are terrible.

May 10th you say?

*mischievous plotting in a dark corner*

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

May 10th you say?

*mischievous plotting in a dark corner*

Yep! I was born on mother's day waaaay back in '87... I am SO old. (Also, that must've been quite the mother's day for my mom... Labour!)

Let's get this Mother's day thing going, by the way! Who's darling mother figure wants a card from me?

I live with my mother-in-law, Tessa, who is the world's sweetest woman, and she would get a kick outta some goonlove. I don't know what she'd do with stickers and things, but cards are always cool and whatever you stick to them is your business. Also, many many corny jokes.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

My Mom really enjoyed the goonmail she got at Christmas, so I'll sign her up again!

MommaValet needs some lovin's. :3:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just sent off mail to some Canadigoons, and it feels really weird using the AMERICA :911: stamps for international postage, but that's just the generic design.. I bought stamps at the drugstore yesterday so I didn't get to pick from a million pretty pictures. I covered the envelopes in Canada stickers, hoping that it would balance everything out. :ohdear:

IrishWolfMan
Apr 21, 2002

Few have looked upon the face of Liface and lived.
Thanks to CardboardRobot for the extreme connect the dots. Haven't done one in years.

Also, thanks to whoever sent the Onion postcard with stickers on it. :)

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
I received a St. Patrick's card from lamb

And a nice card from cardboardRobot

I havenŽt done the connect the dots yet, I've been really busy lately.
I'm glad you liked the movie, sadly the series hasn't been translated or subbed (and the movie was fansubbed).
On wednesday IŽll send some cards, andsince I bought a lot of stickers last week.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cardboardRobot

Thank you for the card and connect the dots! Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly when I got it because I was out of town for the last two weeks and it came somewhere in there. As soon as I get it done and colored I'll post pics!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Glad to know everyone appreciates them :neckbeard:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

lamb!!!

I got your super awesome St. Patrick's Day mail today!

The envelope was ripped open already so the US Postal Service put it in a different one.

It contained your cute letter, little metal shamrock (paperclip?), shamrock pin that was crocheted, stickers, a pencil and temporary tattoos! I love it all, thank you.

I like to imagine the mail person had to fight the envelope away from an angry dog or giant spider who also stole his shoes. :3: That's how it got damaged.

Also, Aunt Buck I just got your super cute 'Happy Spring' card! The stationary was adorable, and I can't decide of the Yo Gabba Gabba! trading card is adorable (it kinda looks like an otter!) or creepy! Maybe both, in the best way possible.

I start orientation for my job today and was super nervous, so this made it a lot better. Thank you, guys! :3:

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
I finished the connect the dots:

Thanks again cardboardRobot

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Got a really sweet Warthog postcard from SA User (if I can read their handwriting) KissMyRacHole

Really digging the vintage safari vibe. Thanks again Goon!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Got a fantastic goonbomb from lamb today! Thank you so much! The Fantasy Bride kit is awesome, and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate some part of it into my actual marriage attire. It really is awesome. Thank you very much. :buddy:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Paul Coffey posted:

Got a really sweet Warthog postcard from SA User (if I can read their handwriting) KissMyRacHole

Really digging the vintage safari vibe. Thanks again Goon!

That hog looks kinda bumpy!

Sups
Aug 8, 2007

Jimmy Eat World Hunger
What a gift, Paul. That warthog is so nuts. I'm still expecting mine :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Oh my gooooosh, I just got a birthday card in the mail from Thermophonic Joy.

It had kitties and stickers and a pun! And today was my first day of job training and it made me SO happy.

I really owe you guys an updated picture of some of the goodies I received lately! Soon, my pets.

But thank you sooooo much, TJ. It honestly made my day!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Oh my gooooosh, I just got a birthday card in the mail from Thermophonic Joy.

It had kitties and stickers and a pun! And today was my first day of job training and it made me SO happy.

I really owe you guys an updated picture of some of the goodies I received lately! Soon, my pets.

But thank you sooooo much, TJ. It honestly made my day!

I'm glad you liked it! I was hoping it would take a more circuitous route through the mail and get there a little closer to your birthday, but better early than late, right? Hope your new job is going well. And paying well.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'm glad you liked it! I was hoping it would take a more circuitous route through the mail and get there a little closer to your birthday, but better early than late, right? Hope your new job is going well. And paying well.

Thank you a thousand times. :) Your card will be sent out Monday afternoon! :)

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Oh man, I'm so late with these. Apologies, fellow goonpals!

Gorgeous goodies from Devi

Awesome postcard from Mizufusion

Apparently my next-door neighbors were so lazy that they marked "Wrong Address" for the postman instead of, you know, walking 10 feet and putting it in my mailbox. (It's the right address on the card, too! I guess the mailman accidentally stuck it in the pile for the family next door.)

Regardless, it came! Many thanks to you both :)

More pics to come, as soon as my phone comes back to life.

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl
I have been remiss in my mail sending duties. That said I did just get a lovely card from Thermophonic Joy! Thanks!

Also, I am moving, so if you could please take my address off the list, that would be great, since Camada Post will not be forwarding mail address to VegemiteSandwhich. When I am all unpacked and ready to reciprocate, I will update with my new address. I found lots of delightful goodies to send people's way while packing!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Are we doing the Mother's Day cards for the mothers of the mail goons? I'd love to sign my mother up, if so. She's very... conservative in nature, so nothing too crazy, but she'd appreciate just a nice card from anyone willing to send one. :)

Also: LAMB. :stare: Your package was beautiful and very much appreciated!! I put some of the smaller owl stickers on the back of my phone, and I put the window clings up on our bathroom mirror!

As a side question, has anyone received my Easter mail?? :ohdear: I went to a post office I don't normally go to, so now I'm worried they've gone and lost it.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
A thank you for AuntBuck and Thermophonic Joy.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I'm glad everyone's getting their stuff! I'm always on the lookout for stuff I think goons might like in my travels, so it pays to post some stuff about your likes :)

I owe a bunch of you thanks. My job has been nutty lately. I promise to get it together soon.

Regarding the mom list, I think creating a separate list would be best. Anyone who wants their mom to get a card, just give me the info, either in the thread, or PM me if you're iffy about having your mom's info out there in plain sight of the entire internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Niemat posted:

Are we doing the Mother's Day cards for the mothers of the mail goons? I'd love to sign my mother up, if so. She's very... conservative in nature, so nothing too crazy, but she'd appreciate just a nice card from anyone willing to send one. :)

Also: LAMB. :stare: Your package was beautiful and very much appreciated!! I put some of the smaller owl stickers on the back of my phone, and I put the window clings up on our bathroom mirror!

As a side question, has anyone received my Easter mail?? :ohdear: I went to a post office I don't normally go to, so now I'm worried they've gone and lost it.

If there was any for me, I didn't receive any. :ohdear: Hope your mail isn't all lost! Postage is too expensive for that...