Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Retardet Horse
Dec 25, 2009

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhhh...
I believe the word is "nicker", a colloquialism referring to the soft sound made by contented horses. Mario, imagining such a peaceful creature, realized what a monster he'd become through his vengeful ways. Then his eyes blew up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The leather bound book - I image a gold "TAILS GETS TROLLED" title making up the cover, with the first page simply reading "Chill Your Pill"

Defiance Industries posted:

I see it as a hybrid game that has different genres depending on who you play as.

Fudd mode is basically Duke Nukem Forever but good.

It's better if it's not.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 23, 2012

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Simmerl posted:

I can't look at your GIF without hearing that Kill Bill siren in my head.

You know, I had no idea that was from Kill Bill, but that was the exact same thing I heard when I saw the gif.

It works so well.

Edit: Oh, I see it's not originally from Kill Bill but from Ironside.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Light Gun Man posted:

With OpenBOR, this could become a reality. I wonder if there are enough trolls to have decent enemy variation though.

We did see a lot at the Justin Bever convert.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
My favorite part about the whole concert is when the Troll King (I think it's him, since it's just a silhouette) says:

its a trap shadow
set this up to draw
us in. i know i
read bevers blog

reinardus vulpes
Nov 5, 2010

de cele amor Dieus me gart
Is this "Word of Death" thing a misguided protest against political correctness or am I reading too much into it :confused:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

ZuljinRaynor posted:

My favorite part about the whole concert is when the Troll King (I think it's him, since it's just a silhouette) says:

its a trap shadow
set this up to draw
us in. i know i
read bevers blog

I want to read Bever's blog now.

hey my fans
don't go to my
next consert
its just a fak=>
=>shadow the
heghog set up
to kill the
trolls?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

POINDEXTRE posted:

Is this "Word of Death" thing a misguided protest against political correctness or am I reading too much into it :confused:
I don't think so.

I'm skeptical of the intent considering some of the other stuff, but at minimum I don't see a problem with the concept of depicting the Big Bad Guy using words that are used to suppress/hurt minorities as actually literally hurting people since part of the problem with them is that they think they are no big deal to say to the affected minorities. It could be a very clever metaphor for social justice in the context of some pieces, though here it seems like it was probably serendipitous. If the words were used against the minorities they are supposed to hurt I'd say it was a clever highlight about the hurt those can cause minorities.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 23, 2012

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Kylra posted:

I don't think so.

If the words were used against the minorities they are supposed to hurt I'd say it was a clever highlight about the hurt those can cause minorities, but I don't see even how it is here as against caring about how your words affect people considering it is the Big Bad Guy using them to hurt people. I'm skeptical of the intent considering some of the other stuff, but at minimum I don't see a problem with depicting the Big Bad Guy using words that are used to suppress/hurt minorities as actually literally hurting people since part of the problem with them is that they think they are no big deal to say to the affected minorities. It could be a very clever metaphor for social justice in the context of some pieces, though here it seems like it was probably serendipitous.

Hey, you don't know what's hidden behind those asterisks :colbert:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

change my name posted:

Just like how cu*****nt was actually culminant?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

change my name posted:

I wasn't saying anything bad about the comic by that you know. :colbert: It was actually a minor compliment because I kind of like the concept, regardless if it was intended or not or how perfectly it was executed.

I have lots of other better things I could go after criticizing this comic for if I really wanted to spend the time, but it's self-aware so sometimes I'm not sure if it is just being ineffective in parts, oopsing from blindness or actually trying to promote bad things which makes it a little too complicated for me to try to put in the effort for this thread. At least for now.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 23, 2012

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
C'mon Troll King, step your game up. Italians aren't fazed by racial slurs against black people (I'm pretty sure they invented most of 'em). That said, I bet Mario is faking bleeding out of his eyes, it's probably tomato sauce.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Hear with your ears; bleed through your eyes.

Simmerl posted:

I can't look at your GIF without hearing that Kill Bill siren in my head.

Spot on. I hope that makes it to the animation of this chapter.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
End of the chapter is near!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yoshi gonna eat that star and gently caress poo poo up AAAAAW YEAH

Also - Words of Death: don't really kill you

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
What is that green blur? Yoshi again?

Edit: Ah, looks like it. I missed Mario whistling in that one panel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This guy would fit right in with some of DC's current writers.

I hope they're taking notes :allears:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Panel 9: Mario still has the strength to whistle a jaunty ditty

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

ZuljinRaynor posted:

its a trap shadow
set this up to draw
us in. i know i
read bevers blog

I completely forgot the Road Runners cameo until I saw the latest video rendition. I'm really hoping he gets another completely random character to intervene in this fight, that was one of the magical parts of the early comic.

That said, this words of death thing is a nice twist. The dialogue about shutting Luigi's brain down so he could be hosed to death is vintage.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

cletepurcel posted:

I completely forgot the Road Runners cameo until I saw the latest video rendition. I'm really hoping he gets another completely random character to intervene in this fight, that was one of the magical parts of the early comic.

Epilogue is Road Runner and Yoshi having a race through the desert into the sunset.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

simplefish posted:

Epilogue is Road Runner and Yoshi having a race through the desert into the sunset.

Nah, Roadrunner was killed and eaten by Wylie Coyote, the new money guy.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I unconsciously read Mario's whistling as the Mario 3/Zelda Warp Whistle sound effect.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Mystic_Squid posted:

I unconsciously read Mario's whistling as the Mario 3/Zelda Warp Whistle sound effect.

Really, where is Link in all of this?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Militree posted:

He's the frozen dragonborn :ssh:

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."

Militree posted:

The past. :colbert:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yoshi gonna eat that star and gently caress poo poo up AAAAAW YEAH

Mario made his Save Vs. Death roll, so he only took 3D6 +1 damage.

Also, regarding the previous comic: is that the first time that the Troll King has shown fear in this comic?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Portals posted:

Also, regarding the previous comic: is that the first time that the Troll King has shown fear in this comic?

Yep, Mario is the Spirit Bomb that he completely forgot about.

If there's any single regret Troll King has for the countless horrific events that have transpired in his wake, it's that he's dying.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well if they incapacitate whoever hears them long enough for them to be beaten I guess they lead to death in their own way. It's more of "if you hear it you're as good as dead" thing (since you're soon to be hosed to death).

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

There's only one page left in this chapter (every other chapter has ended at the 21st page) so I wonder how he's gonna end it or if the fight will carry on into Chapter 8?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love that he kept the detail of the stars having a short time limit. He's true to the games!

Slime posted:

Well, if you keep using a word it would probably lose it's impact. What gives the deadly word it's power is that it's so hateful. It's probably not a one use thing, but using the same one over and over would probably weaken it, since it would lose meaning if it was used constantly.

Thanks lazerbot, for censoring the deadly word so it wouldn't kill your readers too.

:aaa:

Lazerbot's a fuckin genius

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

nerdbot posted:

There's only one page left in this chapter (every other chapter has ended at the 21st page) so I wonder how he's gonna end it or if the fight will carry on into Chapter 8?

Yoshi is pretty clearly coming in to whisk Mario away at the last second.

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001
I don't know how he can justify this not being like DBZ. I waited too drat long for Mario to finally do something cool.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Here we are, debating the Word of Death, and Lazerbot comes along and gives us something way more interesting than anything we said.

StealthArcher posted:

If there's any single regret Troll King has for the countless horrific events that have transpired in his wake, it's that he's dying.

I geddit

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

I geddit

Not like there's any other thread about it.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

StealthArcher posted:

Not like there's any other thread about it.

There's a TeamFourStar thread?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Portals posted:

Um, hello? Kuribo's Shoe? They didn't tell him about THAT one.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

nexus6 posted:

There's a TeamFourStar thread?

Where. Searching brings me nothing.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
JFlight, just saw the motion comic of chapter 2. I can't wait to see chapter 3.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

New page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."
Oh poo poo! This could be a defining moment right here.