Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Captain Keekles posted:

I feel like back when this was coming out the word was only the gold edition or whatever had Move support. Is this still the case?

Yeah it is. If you want RE5 for Move controls you need to pick up the gold edition. You also get the benefit of all the extra content on the disc as well which is pretty good. Hopefully Resident Evil 6 will have Move support when it comes out later this year as well, there's no official word on whether it will or not however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Policenaut posted:

Also No More Heroes sucks with Move, as it sucked with a Wiimote.
I thought it worked fine with the Wii remote but honestly it does suck with the Move. Its motion controls are horribly unresponsive compared to the Wii version, and it's the absolute sloppiest I've seen the Move perform. I haven't had response problems like this in any other games that use it, and it's absolutely puzzling since it worked well enough on the Wii.

The game plays better on a standard controller either way.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Surlaw posted:

The game plays better on a standard controller either way.

Yeah, NMH2 introduced standard control and it was way better to play. NMH has a whole lot of repetitive attacking, and just waggling the drat Motion Controller for a lot of casual fights is both straining and boring. Also gently caress NMH's "high/low" poo poo where you had to aim up or down to attack in that mode.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

A HD remaster of Killer 7 with Move support would be awesome.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

MUFFlNS posted:

A HD remaster of Killer 7 with Move support would be awesome.
I'd buy a copy for myself and for every one of my friends.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hell I'd take a PS2 Classic of Killer 7 at this point.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

TaurusOxford posted:

You don't even have electric magic before you fight Theseus.

Yeah if I wasn't clear, I meant like Very Hard mode when you first pick it. Pretty sure it's until you beat the mode you can use stuff that carried over. Very hard a second time with everything, I pretty much destroy him quickly.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
The only problem I had with NMH's Move controls was that recharging the beam katana was really unresponsive. For one minigame that used that mechanic I had to switch to a regular controller. On the whole I preferred the move setup. I liked having two attack buttons instead of four, and doing the finishing and wrestling moves by flicking the remote was a lot more natural for me than clicking R3 and then moving the stick.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The Dragon's Dogma demo is on the Japanese store right now. I am almost certain that it is identical to the US demo, i.e. it will read your system settings and change to English mode. If there was ever a reason to make up a Japanese account, this would be it. I mean, unless you want to wait until tomorrow like a sucker.

edit: I confirmed that it operates in English.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh man this Dragon's Dogma demo kicks rear end. The character creator alone is fun to screw around with. I found Leon S. Kennedy's hair style and his name's in the pre-config and I've spent like 10 minutes trying to make Leon in this game.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I've actually been ignoring Dragon's Dogma, possibly because I was confusing it with Asura's Wrath in my head before that game came out since they were both announced around the same time and have possessives in the title, but all the optimistic murmurs in here have caught my attention and now I'm looking forward to the demo tomorrow/later today.

In the meantime, started El Shaddai a few days ago and just got through the motorcycle stage tonight, about halfway through it appears. Combat against grunts is already getting repetitive, but the weapons are fun (especially the gale and its tactical airstrike guard break) and boss fights are cool, and of course the visuals are gorgeous. It's weird how breezily the story moves along- this combined with a few of the level designs can make the whole thing feel just above barely coherent at times even though the plot is pretty simple. I like this kind of weird.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That reminds me that I need to pick up El Shaddai, I really liked the demo.

Started playing my copy of Devil May Cry HD. I have never played the DMC games and DMC1 is pretty cool so far, if not fairly dated. Considering the amount of hype the series has, I'm interested to see where this goes. The combat is pretty fun, but then again I'm the type who rarely if ever picks up games like this so I'm not totally burned out on the genre.

Also, oh 90s video game dialog, I missed you. :allears:

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

Code Jockey posted:

That reminds me that I need to pick up El Shaddai, I really liked the demo.

Started playing my copy of Devil May Cry HD. I have never played the DMC games and DMC1 is pretty cool so far, if not fairly dated. Considering the amount of hype the series has, I'm interested to see where this goes. The combat is pretty fun, but then again I'm the type who rarely if ever picks up games like this so I'm not totally burned out on the genre.

Also, oh 90s video game dialog, I missed you. :allears:

Hahahahaha have fun when you get to Phantom.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

Hahahahaha have fun when you get to Phantom.

Air raid makes that fight more manageable, but it's still way too tough. You'll unlock easy mode if you die enough times in the first three missions.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

That loving Sned posted:

Air raid makes that fight more manageable, but it's still way too tough. You'll unlock easy mode if you die enough times in the first three missions.

Easy mode is such a bad idea though. You are never, ever allowed to play on any other difficulty if you switch to it, and it's *too* easy.

Better, if you're REALLY having too much trouble, to find the Shotgun (it's underneath a smashable table in the library) and realize that Sin Scissors and Sin Scythes die to it in two hits, then find somewhere where you can grind them with impunity in order to grind up your health and DT bars and unlock Air Raid, Stinger Lv. 2, and Air Hike.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Policenaut posted:

Oh man this Dragon's Dogma demo kicks rear end. The character creator alone is fun to screw around with. I found Leon S. Kennedy's hair style and his name's in the pre-config and I've spent like 10 minutes trying to make Leon in this game.

How is the performance? PS3 version holds up?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Code Jockey posted:

Whatever you do, don't bother with DMC 2. It will suck too bad and you'll never play DMC 3, which a lot of people argue is the best one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RichterIX posted:

Whatever you do, don't bother with DMC 2. It will suck too bad and you'll never play DMC 3, which a lot of people argue is the best one.

There are people that argue that DMC3 isn't the best one?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

axleblaze posted:

There are people that argue that DMC3 isn't the best one?

Yeah, some people think that DMC3 is worse for having shed a lot of the survival horror/gothic trappings and level design, and replacing them with goofiness. I don't agree, but I can see where they're coming from. The games are really different in tone.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Some nice Plus+ freebies coming up in May. Trine 2, Rock of Ages, Awesomenauts and two PSone Castlevania games.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Playstation Plus is on a roll and its May line up looks great. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/24/playstation-plus-may-preview-free-awesomenauts-trine-2-rock-of-ages-pixeljunk-4am-beta/

I am rewarded for not buying Trine 2 and Rock of Ages by getting them free. A interesting 2d MOBA thingy, Awesomenauts, is free on release day. 2 PS1 Castlevania games, SOTN and Chronicles are free. Hell, even the free mini, Velocity, looks pretty good.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

quote:

Full Game Trials:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1
Saints Row The Third – 5/8
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – 5/15
Batman Arkham City - 5/15
Rayman Origins– 5/15
Need for Speed The Run – 5/15
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 5/22
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22

Looks like Future Soldier is launching digitally on the same day. This is a good precedent after ME3 did the same. But look at all those new(er) games getting digital releases.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Neon Knight posted:

Playstation Plus is on a roll and its May line up looks great. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/24/playstation-plus-may-preview-free-awesomenauts-trine-2-rock-of-ages-pixeljunk-4am-beta/

I am rewarded for not buying Trine 2 and Rock of Ages by getting them free. A interesting 2d MOBA thingy, Awesomenauts, is free on release day. 2 PS1 Castlevania games, SOTN and Chronicles are free. Hell, even the free mini, Velocity, looks pretty good.

Originally I only got Plus for the cloud, but after I got Shank 2 for free a couple weeks ago, I was persuaded to renew for a year. I also have to give them props for putting my most-played PS3 game (Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-cars) up for free for about a month and practically tripling the community's size.

edit: thumbs + iphone=spelling

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

Some nice Plus+ freebies coming up in May. Trine 2, Rock of Ages, Awesomenauts and two PSone Castlevania games.

Wow, two games I was thinking of buying for free and while I have SotN (on both my PSP and the original game) I've been wanting to get a digital copy for a while now. PS+ rules.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
... I assume that if I got + today, it would be far too late to get Shank 2, in addition to the upcoming ones. Dammit.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shalinor posted:

... I assume that if I got + today, it would be far too late to get Shank 2, in addition to the upcoming ones. Dammit.
Why would it be too late? It operates on a monthly schedule. You'd probably have until next Monday/before the store updates Tuesday to get all of this month's content if you wanted to maximize your time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Shalinor posted:

Nope, you're still good.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I don't believe so? The free games for the current month usually last until the Monday before the next set of games roll out, unless otherwise stated (Far Cry 2 in February was only free to download for a week, the Sega Genesis games were available for like another month after).

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Shalinor posted:

When I looked at the What's New tab last it said free until April 30.

edit: and yea, it would at least be free until the store updates, which could be 12 hours or more

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Shank 2 is worth paying for, the co-op survival mode is absolutely amazing.

In other news, it turns out that the Uncharted series has shifted 17.3 million copies (:aaa:) and Sony is releasing a GOTY edition of Uncharted 3 to celebrate. It will come with all of the DLC for the game on the disc which is awesome for anybody interested in the online co-op and competitive play (and you should be because it's amazing). Here's the full details of what will be included on the disc:

Classic Skins Packs 1 – 3
Multiplayer Accessory Pack
Flashback Map Packs 1 and 2
Drake’s Deception Map Pack
Fort Co-Op Adventure
Co-Op Shade Survival
Doughnut Skin Pack
Rogues Skin Pack 1 and 2

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

DangerKat posted:

I don't believe so? The free games for the current month usually last until the Monday before the next set of games roll out, unless otherwise stated (Far Cry 2 in February was only free to download for a week, the Sega Genesis games were available for like another month after).
That's what I thought too, but...

BlindNinja posted:

When I looked at the What's New tab last it said free until April 30.
Hell, it's worth a try. Thanks!

EDIT: yep, still got it for free. Awesome!

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 24, 2012

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

How is the performance? PS3 version holds up?

It has frame rate issues all over the place, and the 360 version has screen tearing, but no frame rate issues. There might be a PC port later on, so i'm thinking of just waiting for that, or for the price to drop.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

RichterIX posted:

Yeah, some people think that DMC3 is worse for having shed a lot of the survival horror/gothic trappings and level design, and replacing them with goofiness. I don't agree, but I can see where they're coming from. The games are really different in tone.
DMC1 is still the best of the lot for me, not just because of the setting. It has better enemy design and programming, and better combat feedback (I can't quite explain it, but I feel like in 3 there's no weight or reaction to Dante's attacks; DMC4 was better in that regard). The combat is simpler, sure, but it benefits so much from those things that I find it more fun than 3. I actually don't mind DMC3's goofiness, in fact, I loved the cutscenes, but the first game did a lot of things better.
Of course, a lot of people will disagree or don't care so much about the setting, but I'm one of the few who also thinks that the Assassin's Creed series has been steadily going downhill since the first game.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
drat looks like ill have to go ahead and get +. Thats a pretty good deal

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Blah blah, new exclusive title, blah blah.

quote:

Geoff Keighley, Game Trailers TV host and master of the world exclusive video reveal is currently in hype mode for Thursday's installment of GTTV and is promising the following in a new promo for the show...

"A huge PlayStation 3 exclusive..."

"...this new game that will definitely be the talk of the Internet..."

"the next great PlayStation 3 exclusive..."

The development studio is the start-up Superbot Entertainment.

Oh, and on Twitter, he added: "I was absolutely blown away!"

This company has no prior titles, so unsure if it's a PSN or Disc based game. Strongest rumor is that it's the Sony Smash Bros game.

Harlock fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 24, 2012

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

RichterIX posted:

Noted.

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

Easy mode is such a bad idea though. You are never, ever allowed to play on any other difficulty if you switch to it, and it's *too* easy.

Better, if you're REALLY having too much trouble, to find the Shotgun (it's underneath a smashable table in the library) and realize that Sin Scissors and Sin Scythes die to it in two hits, then find somewhere where you can grind them with impunity in order to grind up your health and DT bars and unlock Air Raid, Stinger Lv. 2, and Air Hike.

... and noted. I got the option to switch to easy but didn't do it, and glad I didn't. I'm digging the combat so far and the scissor enemies were kind of dicks but manageable.

So DMC2 just plain sucks, huh? That's unfortunate. Oh well, 2 good games is still good to me. I really like the atmosphere in DMC1 so far and it looks pretty nice. I never saw the non HD version, but the HD version looks pretty cool.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

If I get +, should I be getting it for a specific region, or are the deals usually equivalent across regions?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

I said come in! posted:

It has frame rate issues all over the place, and the 360 version has screen tearing, but no frame rate issues. There might be a PC port later on, so i'm thinking of just waiting for that, or for the price to drop.

Really? I wasn't getting any frame rate issues playing the demo.

The demo was pretty short, but fun. The entire group piling onto a griffon so it couldn't take off and then stabbing it to death was pretty awesome.

Urban Achiever
Mar 29, 2005

MUFFlNS posted:

So, who else is looking forward to the GOTY edition of last years smash hit "10 OUT OF 10"? :v:

This cover reminds me, vaguely, of the new Mass Effect 3 advertisement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Stelas posted:

If I get +, should I be getting it for a specific region, or are the deals usually equivalent across regions?

They're different between regions, with maybe 1 or 2 games that are made free or discounted in both regions.

Here are the freebies and discounts for the European region for May They're getting more free games, including, for the first time, a PS2 Classic, which is Max Payne.

• Locked thread