Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Myrdhale posted:

Please elaborate on the Alan Moore statement. I am not doubting the voracity of it, merely wondering how exactly he did this, and how I may find amusement in such a fact.
Thoughs words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

now im
gonna go fix my self
a hot pocket.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
This comic is like Star Trek. It's great when you have talking heads and little action and thinking and wit and sass, but the second you have fighting, it's really, really bad. But unfornately, not like Star Trek bad where it's so awful that it's funny.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

This comic is like Star Trek. It's great when you have talking heads and little action and thinking and wit and sass, but the second you have fighting, it's really, really bad. But unfornately, not like Star Trek bad where it's so awful that it's funny.

Counterpoint: Team Silver vs Trolls. Also the first time Sonic lost his poo poo (i failed).

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The MSJ posted:

Counterpoint: Team Silver vs Trolls. Also the first time Sonic lost his poo poo (i failed).

Also: "I'm not gonna lose a good member because of some gay rabbit and some gay loving duck friend."
"no stop shadow he's already dead."

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Friendly reminder that this implies Arthur the Aardvark is somehow ranked above Doug, Skeeter and Woodstock.

I love how nonchalant Woodstock is about all of it. He's just calm as gently caress.

E:

The MSJ posted:

Yeah I actually thought the part where Silver and friends fought the trolls was pretty good. It was short, sweet and to the point and actually managed to make you think Silver the loving Hedgehog was awesome. Mario escaping from the Troll Slaiyers was great, too.

Lazerbot is surprisingly good at doing fights, I'll give him credit, but one-on-one battles don't allow him to truly shine because there's simply not enough he could do with just two characters fighting, dialogue-wise.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 25, 2012

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm glad to see it looks like he's back to form now that the story has returned to Tails, but what was the point of spending an entire chapter with the Troll King-Mario battle when absolutely nothing was accomplished narratively? Come on, someone had to die there.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
I agree, the fight was not very interesting, but the appearance of Kario excuses anything.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In case anyone is wondering, I asked lazerbot and confirmed that Elmer has been carrying the dead bodies around this whole time.

wabbit

Man, Silver's relationship problems (which is all him, really) is pretty entertaining.

Also, the trolls like to rape its safer in here.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
It might be danger
stay in here. the
trolls like to rape its
safer in here.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I love how TGT has a genuine romance in it now.

Also, the way they're all just asleep on the sofa together. These trolls are real sweethearts

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Oh boy, my turn to provide a page and it's a good 'un!

Jokes about Rob's deafness will never get old.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He doesn't have loving ears, Silver.

Rob must be the most peaceful sleeper ever.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I hope they're not doing to Silver what it looks like they're trying to do.

His words at the end of the end of the previous strip look horribly proverbial.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elmer gonna gently caress some bitches* up

* trolls

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Oh my god Lazerbot, you have wooed me with Rob's brilliant character yet again. :allears:

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
"what was that
bang noise?"

Silver, it was clearly a "slam", not a "bang". Pay attention.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

Professor Clumsy posted:

"what was that
bang noise?"

Silver, it was clearly a "slam", not a "bang". Pay attention.

I didn't even notice that, that's amazing! Lazerbot, truly you've numbed my ability to read properly.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Ya know, I never pretended this comic didn't have a boatload of problems, but that gun in the fourth-to-last panel is just straight giving me a headache!

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
maybe
we
should
kill his
gay love.
talk
loving
noob or
he die's
hahah
badie talk
damnit

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

And just like that, Lazerbot has me at the edge of my God Damned seat again.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Rob... Silver... :ohdear:

I must know if they make it out alive!

If anyone on Silver's team dies after Mario survived, I will be pissed.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Is... is that Gary Oak?

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is... is that Gary Oak?

I'm sure it's not meant to be, but damned if it doesn't look like it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Is... is that Gary Oak?

Seems like a troll to me.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
What does "badie" mean? Is the troll calling him a "baddie", as in a bad guy? Doesn't seem like a very troll-like insult. Is it another League of Legends thing?

Also, just how many trolls have broken into the apartment? Purple mohawk troll, fu manchu beard troll, blue-skinned troll and Gary Oak troll? lazerbot is letting these panels get too zoomed in...the scene needs to *breathe*.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Spaceman One posted:

What does "badie" mean? Is the troll calling him a "baddie", as in a bad guy? Doesn't seem like a very troll-like insult. Is it another League of Legends thing?

Also, just how many trolls have broken into the apartment? Purple mohawk troll, fu manchu beard troll, blue-skinned troll and Gary Oak troll? lazerbot is letting these panels get too zoomed in...the scene needs to *breathe*.

Yes, "badie" is "baddie". It's what you call someone who is terrible at a game. Look "noob", essentially.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Zoinker posted:

Ya know, I never pretended this comic didn't have a boatload of problems, but that gun in the fourth-to-last panel is just straight giving me a headache!

Escher's Gun.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
The Silver/Blaze relationship stuff is still hysterical.

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

Spaceman One posted:

What does "badie" mean? Is the troll calling him a "baddie", as in a bad guy?

I love how the dialogue is so poorly construed you can take it to mean near anything. Just look at the whole, "no need for any villains" talk.

Reading lazerbot's comic is like a free-form word association/Rorschach test rife with meanings (occationally profound ones!) even the author oft did not intend.

He could be saying, "(You) bad character (need to) talk." could possibly imply the guy with a gun does not consider himself bad. Perhaps another group of troll hunters confusing Silver for a troll due to his new-found infamy.

I personally like to think it's meta-text, "(I'll hurt you and rape you and) [insert other things a villain would say here], lol" ("badie talk")

Due to perspective not exactly being a strong point in this comic (Which has occasionally been a strength) I can't tell if the gun is hovering above Rob's head or being pressed against his temple. Of course Rob can't hear the commotion around him (He doesn't have loving ears!), but loss of one sense heightens the others, and I can't imagine he couldn't feel cold (or hot, if recently fired) steel against his skin. You can bet the stranger would not be gentle with the gun either, so it's not like he would just lightly press it either.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

FPzero posted:

Escher's Gun.

Or something Liefeld would draw. :/

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Guess who sucks at shading!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I didn't mind the mario fight too much but holy poo poo are we ever back to the good stuff. I like how we see how Rob's lack of ears don't just stop him from being trolled, but they also have a down side...

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
i dont even
know whats
going on?

I love that the question mark suggests that he is so uncertain that he doesn't even know if he doesn't know.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Silver, you're telekinetic! Just take their guns before they can shoot! Or stop their trigger fingers!

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Anyone have an update from where Olivil's imgur album left off halfway through chapter 7?

I don't want to skim 50 pages for it :(

edit: just made a deviantart account instead.

Math You fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 25, 2012

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
drat! Who could have predicted that Rob's lack of ears could have been a liability?

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 25, 2012

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Looks like Lazerbot is moving faster now that he is out of the rut of that fight.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

I can't believe that fight ended without any consequences, but having so many panels all of a sudden makes up for it.

Seriously though... that was just a huge waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
I refuse to believe that this is real. There is no way someone can misspell "coincidence" as "quintessence" (around when Tails meets the defenders).

It's us, we were the ones getting trolled :negative: