Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

SlothBear posted:

I am never going to able to watch Looney Tunes again without telling anyone nearby a story that will make them never hang out with me. :psyduck:

"you see, Shadow the Hedgehog murdered Bugs and Daffy after they ruined his fake Justin Bieber concert, but get this! Elmer Fudd dragged their corpses around and used his necromancer powers to kill a bunch of internet trolls with them!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

nerdbot posted:

"you see, Shadow the Hedgehog murdered Bugs and Daffy after they ruined his fake Justin Bieber concert, but get this! Elmer Fudd dragged their corpses around and used his necromancer powers to kill a bunch of internet trolls with them!"

Honestly, I just went over to the Bugs and Elmer Wikipedia pages and was a little thrown off at the actual WB art instead of Lazerbot's version.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Daffy isn't looking so good but bugs still looks sassy and smug as poo poo. "I need to phone someone" is exactly how I feel about this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sherd Red posted:

this is why i wanted that wabbit

One great detail is that those power beams (?) coming from Fudd's fingers resemble puppet strings.

Also, OH MY GOD! This has gone in directions no one could have charted ever.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Zoinker posted:

Ya know, I never pretended this comic didn't have a boatload of problems, but that gun in the fourth-to-last panel is just straight giving me a headache!

It's obviously inspired by Escher. The man knows his art, leave him alone. :colbert:

e; continued to read posts after this one, I was beaten to this punchline FOUR PAGES AGO gently caress YOU MAN I THOUGHT OF IT TOO

double E; holy loving poo poo THAT loving PANEL

Oh my god I gotta say I've always been reading these comics with a sort of bemusement but that last loving panel...just dear loving lord.
So the goon sayeth "calling it, he's a necromancer", and then he's ACTUALLY A loving NECROMANCER it's incredible. :psyduck:

That was the first page I've read where I saw the first panels and actually was incensed to finish it. I have never been that excited to finish a page as I was right there.

Bravo, Lazerbot. Bravo. You are my hero.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 26, 2012

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Internet redeemed.

hellsau posted:

I love it when I read a comic, and I can tell the author really put a lot of effort setting something up. We all just took Fudd hauling the corpses around as just some weird thing Lazerbot put in, but he really had a purpose for it all.

im not
hungry
for
duck
and
wabbit

It was never about food, only about power.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 26, 2012

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I think I want to draw fanart of that last page.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man, Silver needs to just take a survey of his team to figure out their powers. I'm sure it would have been a lot more helpful if he'd known Rob was dragonborn or Fudd was a necromancer back at the Bieber Bever concert.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Man, Silver needs to just take a survey of his team to figure out their powers. I'm sure it would have been a lot more helpful if he'd known Rob was dragonborn or Fudd was a necromancer back at the Bieber Bever concert.

To be fair, it was Shadow's team back then. Silver only became in charge when the team broke apart after the Mario and Luigi fight.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

What I want to know is the terms of Bugs and Daffy's revival. Are they just Elmer's puppets? Zombies? Are they fully cognizant and ready to Slaiy Trolls? Was this all part of their plan??

And how did Bugs's head get partially reconstructed so it only looks like he took one bullet instead of several rounds?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wasn't Silver's first job just to bankroll the whole thing? Or did he just get the codename "The Money Guy" from being called Silver?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This has been the best day off of school ever. I lost count of how many pages of this gold have come out in the last 24 hours.

produce
Apr 1, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Except for his fights. His fights are terrible.

I didn't see anyone complain about any of the fights except Mario vs. King Troll. I think maybe we can classify that one as an anomaly? :confused:

Also of note: that people spent a lot of time worrying thst the comments of this thread might be influencing the story. But the fact that LB noticed (and responded to!) all the complaints made about that long-rear end fight, without appearing to expedite it, shows he's not afraid to stick to his narrative inclinations. (For better or worse?!)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So do Shadow, Sonic, and Silver represent id, ego and super ego?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Elmer is one of the most multifaceted characters in modern fiction.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
This is the golden standard by which all graphic novels should be judged in the future.

Not just graphic novels, either. I hope that by the time my one-year-old is in high school or college, Lazerbot is part of literature canon. Just slot TGT in there between The Grapes of Wrath and The Crucible or whatever.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

The link between Ed Gein and Elmer Fudd is pretty obvious really.

quote:

And when I think of Ed Gein, the Wisconsin cannibal killer who inspired such classic films as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre , Psycho and The Silence of the Lambs , I think: "perverted Elmer Fudd."

quote:

Ed Gein kinda reminds me of a super satanic Elmer Fudd.

quote:

It's like the role of Elmer Fudd is being played by Ed Gein.

The last one even comes from a page with a slightly related picture.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Liberty Valance posted:

So do Shadow, Sonic, and Silver represent id, ego and super ego?

Nahhhhh - I assume Sonic would be the Super Ego, and he was always waaaaaaay too supportive of everyone else, and eventually went out and acted on his own.

Also, Fudd is both Duke Nukem AND a necromancer? Talk about mixing your archetypes.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

At this point I want Fudd vs the Troll King.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Liberty Valance posted:

It was never about food, only about power.

Thank you for this. I hope I don't regret this tomorrow morning :v:. I found out about this this morning and read it all, TGD is truly a masterpiece. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. My favorite line so far has to be

"my story is simple. they did to
snoopy what they did to pork
chop. they hosed him to death."

edit: Made another avatar if someone wants it

SMP fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 26, 2012

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012
I like how Daffy is just as checked-out and comatose as ever, while Bugs is immediately considering a place they can neverbe found with a sly grin. Bugs' face says so much here: he's glancing over at Daffy as if to say, "hey man, we're alive. Crazy, huh?" while Daffy is obviously responding "..."

nerdbot posted:

What I want to know is the terms of Bugs and Daffy's revival. Are they just Elmer's puppets? Zombies? Are they fully cognizant and ready to Slaiy Trolls? Was this all part of their plan??

Could Bugs and Daffy be the "neutral's" of the title? If Fudd is controlling them, maybe they break free from his control and form their own faction.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
When Fudd put his hands together, I instantly thought of Fullmetal Alchemist.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

ZuljinRaynor posted:

congrats on spoiling Cheeto=>
=>Man's power

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Daffy just looks so resigned to his current situation. It's a look of "yep, this has happened before." That's probably why he looked so at peace when he got shot before; it was blissful release from the hosed-up relationship he and Bugs have with Fudd.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Actually, not to ruin anyone's ideas that Fudd is a completely original character or a D&D-style "necromancer" or anything, but I think Lazerbot's basing Fudd off of Sasori from Naruto:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sasori
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Puppet_Technique
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Human_Puppet

He basically does the same puppeteering of corpses with energy strings coming off each finger.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Actually, not to ruin anyone's ideas that Fudd is a completely original character or a D&D-style "necromancer" or anything, but I think Lazerbot's basing Fudd off of Sasori from Naruto:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sasori
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Puppet_Technique
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Human_Puppet

He basically does the same puppeteering of corpses with energy strings coming off each finger.
you just revealed that you know enough about naruto to recognize a technique from it: trap sprung.

According to the images in the link the guy in naruto didn't have satanic marks on his hands, so it seems more like the D&D necromancy to me

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TGT seems to strongly reference anime tropes/ideas, but that's part of what makes it so marvelous. It's better paced and more exciting! And a guy with no ears is funnier, somehow.

Spaceman One
Apr 24, 2012

visceril posted:

According to the images in the link the guy in naruto didn't have satanic marks on his hands, so it seems more like the D&D necromancy to me

I think it depends on whether Fudd is actually controlling them like puppets with those energy beams. If he is, it's obviously a Naruto-inspired thing. We know he likes anime and that he watches Naruto, and the power would basically look and act the same.

If not, and it's just your garden variety necromancy, then it's probably D&D-inspired (though even then, there could be some Naruto thing happening). I will note that there aren't any energy strings in Bugs and Daffy's two large panels at the bottom. The next page will probably solve this.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I'm bummed that Fudd didn't say "Wise fwom youw gwave" when he brought them back, but only slightly. Blood satan necromancy is perfectly fine.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Spaceman One posted:

I think it depends on whether Fudd is actually controlling them like puppets with those energy beams. If he is, it's obviously a Naruto-inspired thing. We know he likes anime and that he watches Naruto, and the power would basically look and act the same.

If the Troll King fight means anything, it means that lazerbot watches way too much anime.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Incredible brain-melting moments like that aside, I think the best part of TGT is the little tidbits that are treated as throwaways but give us great insight into the characters. The hardest I've laughed at this whole thing is Bugs asking Rob to use a coaster in the hideout, because why the gently caress would the same person who wrote that Mario/Troll King fight sequence consider that important enough for a whole frame on its own?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Archenteron posted:

I'm bummed that Fudd didn't say "Wise fwom youw gwave" when he brought them back, but only slightly. Blood satan necromancy is perfectly fine.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I can just imagine Bugs and Daffy in a remake of Altered Beast now. Kinda hoping Lazerbot has played other Sega games besides Sonic now. :allears:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Speedboat Jones posted:

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day. I can just imagine Bugs and Daffy in a remake of Altered Beast now. Kinda hoping Lazerbot has played other Sega games besides Sonic now. :allears:

Oh god what if Toejam and Earl showed up. :supaburn:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I may need to purchase yet another new avatar now.
TGT is the gift that keeps on giving.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Aristobulus posted:

Oh god what if Toejam and Earl showed up. :supaburn:

They could be like Bill and Ted, and tell everyone to be funky to each other.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Buzkashi posted:

why the gently caress would the same person who wrote that Mario/Troll King fight sequence consider that important enough for a whole frame on its own?

Let me dispel the mystery: because it's funny.
This comic is trying to be funny.
Even the Mario fight was trying to be funny, through how absurd and over-the-top a lot of it was, backed by referential humor in Mario's powers. It was probably funnier in lazerbot's head than in execution, but the very idea of "Super Mario has a DBZ-style fight for 10 pages" is absurd enough that, yes, that was the joke.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Jesus Christ.

This comic is loving amazing.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

PalmTreeFun posted:

If the Troll King fight means anything, it means that lazerbot watches way too much anime.
To nip this in the bud:

There is no such thing as too much anime.

Any anime is too much anime.

Delete as appropriate. Then return to TGT.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
You rang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Oh please don't make emo troll a rapist.

Otherwise, lazerbot has blindsided me again.

Also, the backs of Elmer's hands now have "N" written on them.