Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was sarcasm guys! Hahaha I was just kidding! I'm just like all of you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamtheliquor
Mar 21, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Holdbrooks posted:

Lol... Not scared of your sub 300whp mustang bro. Probably more like 260, since I don't see any mention of heads or cam. Might give the fiat a run for its money however since it only has 101hp, but I'd did put an intake and exhaust on so it probably runs 10's now... FEAR THE FIAT!

GT40 heads, 3:73 gears. My god people you guys are serious here in AI! I was being sarcastic from the start!! In reality its a middle class muscle car, nothing special nor is it a push-over. To guy: yes it has about 265HP with my upgrades but its also a light little car and pretty quick. Like i said, only real test I've had was the Challenger R/T and i won and was frankly surprised to. That's a 350HP or so car. There are tons of cool cars in here and i'm sure many are faster then my Stang.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

iamtheliquor posted:

There are tons of cool cars in here and i'm sure many are faster then my Stang.

So are we.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Bojanglesworth posted:

Here is mine for now, a few minor adjustments in the way of suspension and I should be all set:

[img]Outback on BLQs[img]

Love it. Is ride height one of the adjustments you plan on making? I love how low it is, but it tends to be a bitch driving around with that little travel.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcqdzJ-nnpE

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish

Bojanglesworth posted:

Rotiform wheels? They look sweet.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

dphi posted:

Love it. Is ride height one of the adjustments you plan on making? I love how low it is, but it tends to be a bitch driving around with that little travel.

Thanks! Ride height will probably stay where it is. I need to swap a few things onto my car from the Legacy GT suspension and I should be good. Right now I hit the bumpstops on bigger bumps but only because my rear upper control arms are larger than their LGT counterparts.

Frog 1.0 posted:

Rotiform wheels? They look sweet.

Yes sir, Rotiform BLQ

Tragic Otter
Aug 3, 2000

New Mazda CX-5. Purchased it to replace my Focus. I've really enjoyed it so far.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

iamtheliquor posted:

My god people you guys are serious here in AI! I was being sarcastic from the start!!

Bullshit. You're already called on backpedalling.

You ironically beat your friend's 2012 Challenger and ironically have an intake and exhaust that cut a SECOND off your "5.3 second" 0-60, right? :commissar:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 26, 2012

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Faceless Clock posted:

New Mazda CX-5. Purchased it to replace my Focus. I've really enjoyed it so far.

Woah, 160mph speedometer, must be a sports car! :haw:

I like these things, it's just a shame you can't get the 6 speed stick in the awd model. They did for the mazdaspeed 6.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
To be fair I saw iamtheliquor's post before the edit and it said nothing about being feared, it actually pointed out that his first post was sarcasm. He edited that out to keep it going I guess but hurrr AI.

Faceless Clock posted:

My girlfriend was looking at this in the blue, god I wish she would have bought it. The Mazda dealership here were being dicks though and unwilling to contact her back after multiple attempts so she went with a 2011 Equinox. The CX-5 is so sporty looking, and even better looking in person.

Bojanglesworth posted:

Thanks! Ride height will probably stay where it is. I need to swap a few things onto my car from the Legacy GT suspension and I should be good. Right now I hit the bumpstops on bigger bumps but only because my rear upper control arms are larger than their LGT counterparts.

Yes sir, Rotiform BLQ

Ride height and wheels are awesome. Love BLQ's, a lot more than the NUE's.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Weezy88 posted:

Ride height and wheels are awesome. Love BLQ's, a lot more than the NUE's.

Thank you!

iamtheliquor
Mar 21, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

meatpimp posted:

Bullshit. You're already called on backpedalling.

You ironically beat your friend's 2012 Challenger and ironically have an intake and exhaust that cut a SECOND off your "5.3 second" 0-60, right? :commissar:

Its not BS, but in case you want more ammo against me: my car is also a clone and an auto(OMG!) I have other stuff besides the exhaust/intake as mentioned in earlier post and my car is spec'd out beyond the stock cobra w/ the same GT40 heads, 3:73 gears and pretty much upgraded everything else. So now you can really not believe me. I know there's plenty faster cars.. yes i back pedaled, cause i was joking from the start. I'm sorry i did that, please accept me.

iamtheliquor fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 27, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YOU GUYS WE'RE HURTING HIS FEELINGS.

Tragic Otter
Aug 3, 2000

Powershift posted:

Woah, 160mph speedometer, must be a sports car! :haw:

I like these things, it's just a shame you can't get the 6 speed stick in the awd model. They did for the mazdaspeed 6.

Yea, I know. I don't know what the top speed is but I doubt it's much more than 120.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Only one way to find out.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

iamtheliquor posted:

Its not BS, but in case you want more ammo against me: my car is also a clone and an auto

If there was ever a time I was hoping you were being sarcastic this is it.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Mr.Peabody posted:

If there was ever a time I was hoping you were being sarcastic this is it.

So...by clone? Is it not a real mustang?

It's a loving fiero isn't it?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

In iamtheliquor's defense, he did end up hat-in-hand... others haven't responded so well to the AI blanket party.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Cobra clone.

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
Here's my 2005 Evo 8 with Hyper Black Rota Grids. Super fun car to drive. I don't miss my old WRX one bit. =)

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Bojanglesworth posted:

^^ Looks awesome!!

Here is mine for now, a few minor adjustments in the way of suspension and I should be all set:

I wish Rotiform made a 17x8+45 or something around that offset. I'd put these on my MS3.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

MetaJew posted:

I wish Rotiform made a 17x8+45 or something around that offset. I'd put these on my MS3.

You could always get 17x8 +30

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

jdfording posted:

Here's my 2005 Evo 8 with Hyper Black Rota Grids. Super fun car to drive. I don't miss my old WRX one bit. =)

I really liked my Evo 8's handling. What year WRX did you have? How did it differ?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

JackRabbitStorm posted:

AI rule #1:
it's always a fiero

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Bojanglesworth posted:

You could always get 17x8 +30

I think that'd start looking pretty mexiflush... :/

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MetaJew posted:

I think that'd start looking pretty mexiflush... :/

They are 17x8.5 +30 so an 8 wouldn't be mexiflush.

edit: Here is a 17x8 +30

edit2: here is a 17x9 +30. Mexiflush.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 27, 2012

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I really liked my Evo 8's handling. What year WRX did you have? How did it differ?

I had a 2006. So 227hp vs 271hp. I guess the thing I miss most about the WRX is the way it sounds with a nice catback. The handling on the Evo just feels much more precise though.

I live in NE Colorado so all I see are Subarus. It's nice to be different.

I bought my Evo used from a dealer. I know it's been tuned and has some mods but I have no idea what kinda power it's making. I'm going to take it the shop in Denver that originally tuned it and see if they have some records or remember what was done to it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

jdfording posted:

I live in NE Colorado so all I see are Subarus. It's nice to be different.

I agree, but at the end of the day, if the WRX is better, that'd be all that matters. Good to know that the handling is noticeably different.

I guess the power difference isn't undiscountable, either. Mine was maybe 290whp and kicked like a horse once the turbo go going.

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

jdfording posted:

Love it! Beautiful scenery, too.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Faceless Clock posted:

Nice! I like the look of these a lot, they remind me of baby X3s or something.

iamtheliquor: Just lay off the teenage "sweet broseph highway kill stories brah" and you'll be fine.

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.
Hey, cool an excuse to post a picture of my car! (And bonus wife's 08 Outback out of frame there)

It's an 03 Legacy with something like 80hp of AWD fury. Still trying to decide about the headlights. The blacked-out version turned out a little ricier than I'd wanted. My plan at the moment is to do a full STI swap on it. I am completely unapologetic about the pink stars. I love them. :colbert:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

jdfording posted:

Definitely doing it right with this car, looks great. BTW it feels sharper because the Evo's rack is very quick and there's more camber/caster stock than a WRX.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

D C posted:

Cobra clone.

It isn't a Clone..

It is a Fobra..

uRizen
Apr 19, 2012
My 1987 Rx-7 GXL daily driver, soon to be sold. :(

Replaced it with a 2002 Protege5 after needing room for two car seats. Handles well enough and looks nice, though a bit gutless (MS3 swap in the future? :D)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

uRizen posted:

This is the cleanest FC I've seen in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. How many miles? I love the wheels. Are they from a convertible FC or a Miata?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

uRizen posted:

You can't sell that!

uRizen
Apr 19, 2012

Imperador do Brasil posted:

This is the cleanest FC I've seen in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. How many miles? I love the wheels. Are they from a convertible FC or a Miata?

Thanks, although the underside has been attacked by the cancers after the previous owner cut up the rockers to fit under car neons. :( 133,000 miles right now, the wheels are off a 'vert (no worries, they had pealing paint and were pretty trashed before I painted them.)

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Where are you in Minnesota, has anybody lined up to buy it yet, and how much are you looking to get for it?

my sister wants to get rid of her stratus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
we've been around the world 5.52190526 times in the last nine and a half years together.