Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cathis posted:

I have reached the point where my pre-pregnancy pants are all just very uncomfortable now. Yoga pants are, however, comfy (though not something I would go out in public in). I am going to try one of those belly band thingys to see if I can get away with my un-zippable jeans in them.. (do they work like that? I have NO IDEA). I don't really want to buy new clothes yet.

My wife looooooved her belly band. I don't think she ever tried wearing her pants unbuttoned with it, but a lot of pregnancy pants don't fit as nicely and the belly band keeps them in check and prevents them from sliding all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Me in a hotel with a mini-bar. How's that story end?

Bad Munki posted:

My wife looooooved her belly band. I don't think she ever tried wearing her pants unbuttoned with it, but a lot of pregnancy pants don't fit as nicely and the belly band keeps them in check and prevents them from sliding all over the place.
I hope this thing I ordered works out. The preggo pants in the maternity store I went to are .. hideous. Also, you have the BEST avatar.

altazakin
Aug 2, 2004

So you're not that special. Welcome to the human race!
I didn't like the belly band I had. Not sure if it was the wrong fit, but it constantly rolled down and was generally useless.

enitsirk
Jun 9, 2005
Try the rubber band trick (http://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/the-rubberband-maternity-trick/) too Cathis! That's more for when you can't button than can't zip but it might still work. Also with belly bands I always fold them in half. I got maternity clothes around 7 months the first time around and just used the belly band until then.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

enitsirk posted:

Try the rubber band trick (http://diymaternity.com/pants-skirts/the-rubberband-maternity-trick/) too Cathis! That's more for when you can't button than can't zip but it might still work. Also with belly bands I always fold them in half. I got maternity clothes around 7 months the first time around and just used the belly band until then.
Doing that now :) It's not going to last for very long though, unless I start daisy-chaining them together, haha. I have to wear jeans or similar pants for work, so until I stop working in the field, I'm kind of stuck with rubber-banding and/or bellybands. This in-betweeny part kind of sucks, because I'm not showing enough to justify to myself why none of my drat pants fit!

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

I was able to get away with the rubber band trick during my first pregnancy through 6 months. This time around I had to get maternity pants about 3 months in (I've only purchased 2 pairs of pants and 1 pair of jersey knit leggings as I've actually lost weight and fit into some of my pre-pregnancy fat clothes). I don't bother with the band, though.

I love Old Navy's maternity selection (the afore mentioned pants I managed to snag up for $30 total). I don't love that none of the local stores carry their maternity stuff, though.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 26, 2012

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
I didn't really like using the belly band when things were unzipped because the zipper would catch my skin and hair :( Maternity jeans aren't so bad, though. I got one pair at Target that lasted me my whole pregnancy, and they look nicer than my regular jeans! There are a lot of summer maternity dresses on clearance there right now too, for some reason.

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010
I LOVE my belly bands. I got them for a pretty good price on Etsy from this shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/babyandmedesigns?ref=pr_shop_more. I use them with unbuttoned and now somewhat unzipped pre-pregnancy dress pants and jeans all the time. (Currently 19 weeks.)

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Just got back from my first appointment this week.. heard the heartbeat :3
So I was feeling all.. glowy and happy when I came home and drove right past some ASSHOLES with huge anti-abortion signs with aborted fetuses etc right in front of the high school I live by. Does pregnancy count as an insanity plea? I swear it took every ounce of self control I have to not just LOSE IT at them.
gently caress. Ruined my whole day.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
We're at 35 weeks tomorrow, but the OB indicated today she thinks there's a good chance the baby'll come early. Holy crap, it's barreling down.

That said, I'm to the point where I want to start attempting to track contractions. There are a bunch of apps for it for the iPhone, and that'd be a nice way to do it. Anyone have any recommendations? How'd y'all keep track?

vanessa
May 21, 2006

CAUTION: This pussy is ferocious.

Axiem posted:

That said, I'm to the point where I want to start attempting to track contractions.

It's really exciting to be in the home stretch, but there's no point to tracking contractions until they are regular and closer together than what you might be feeling now. When I started getting stronger contractions, they would happen randomly and the frequency was all over the board. I'd have one contraction one day, five contractions the next day, two the day after that etc. Some would be strong enough that I needed to sit down, others I noticed but could keep doing what I was doing. The important thing to remember is that each contraction you have now is one less contraction you'll have to do later, which is awesome. You might not even need to track your contractions: I wound up not tracking my contractions at all because my water breaking ramped things up so strongly that I knew it was time to head to the hospital (and sure enough, when we got there I was already at 5 cm!).

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

vanessa posted:

It's really exciting to be in the home stretch, but there's no point to tracking contractions until they are regular and closer together than what you might be feeling now.

I guess I should be more clear: I want to get whatever it is I'll be using to track my wife's contractions ready and tested, so that when the time comes that I'll need to actually track them, I won't be scrambling around.

It's mostly just me (over-)planning for things. As the waiting husband, aside from painting the nursery, there's not a whole lot else I can do at the moment.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

i just went with whatever high rated free app was available on my iphone (albeit almost 3 years ago, but still). Now I just use a free app called Sprout (Jr is the one that's free) that tracks everything from what period in the baby's growth the mother's in to contractions to doctor appointments.

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Has anyone here heard about the 90 Minute Sleep Schedule for babies? Have you used it? Was it successful? My neighbor just told me about it and seems like something I'd like to try.

Is this the Polly Moore thing? I just glanced at it, and it looks like the Weissbluth method repackaged, which is probably all to the good since Weissbluth has great science but really lousy confusing presentation. (I say this as a fanatical Weissbluth sleep person whose 2 1/2 year old still sleeps 10-13 hours a day.)

'90m' is an approximation (my daughter could only do about 70m), but in my two minute glance at the site I didn't see anything I believe to be obviously wrong & many things I believe to be scientifically correct, so maybe get the book from the library?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'll be 11 weeks in a couple days and I've bought some maternity pants already. If I hadn't gotten pregnant, I would of had to buy new pants anyway since the ones I had were getting worn out. I attended a conference this week for my profession and even though I didn't have to dress up, I didn't want to wear a bunch of jeans with holes in them so I said gently caress it and bought a couple new pairs. I don't think I'd feel comfortable using one of those bands or the rubber band method. I have a long torso to begin with so a lot of shirts stop short on me. I'd be constantly scared my pants were going to fall off if I stood up or if I was using the rubber band, my fly would come down or something.

I'm really happy my work doesn't have a dress code so I can get away with wearing the yoga like pants to work and be super comfy.

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Bank posted:

My wife had her 20 week ultrasound yesterday morning, and it's a boy! Really excited about that. I personally didn't care boy or girl, just want to make sure the kid comes out healthy. On that note, I noticed the ultrasound tech typing in "EIF" in one of the pictures and while they couldn't talk about their findings with us, I looked it up and we got a call from the doctor confirming they saw small deposits of calcium in one of the heart chambers.

Anyone find an EIF (Echogenic Intracardiac Focus) in their 20 week ultrasound? They said we could do some tests (we are going to avoid any amino based ones) including a triple blood test on my wife to see if there are any potential impacts.

With my daughter they found an EIF either at the nuchal translucency (about 13 weeks) or at the organ scan ultrasound -- I don't remember which. I *think* it was the NT, because IIRC it raised the possibility of Down's slightly, but the possibility was still super-low. The doctor said "I hate having to tell you this, because it is *incredibly meaningless,* but yes, we found this thing. It will almost certainly be fine." Which it was; she's completely fine.

I share your love/hate relationship with medical knowledge during pregnancy.

Sarsaparilla
Feb 24, 2007

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
I got away with the rubber band trick up until my last month where I just bought a pair of jeggings two sizes big and lived in them. I was pretty tiny the whole way through.

Speaking of, I'm 3 months out and able to fit into my jeans again! yay! I'm 10 lbs less than I was pre-pregnancy. Your hips get much wider so when I got to pp weight at first I was really bummed to still be muffin-topping out of my jeans, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! And smiles!! lots of those!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I couldn't really find any decent maternity jeans. I ended up buying some cheap stretch jeans a size bigger. These lasted me til about 6 months, and they were also useful post-birth when my stomach was still big and saggy.

For the last 3 months I alternated between leggings with long tops, and a couple of black dresses with thick tights. Anything else just felt really uncomfortable on my belly.

ooms
Dec 9, 2009
We went yesterday and to find out what we were having and found a boy in there. It's been a wild ride for the last 18 and a half weeks, she is just now starting to feel better. She has been using the belly band thing from (pea in a pod?)she loves it for her jeans that she cant zipper. This thread has been really great and can't wait to share some pictures in Sept.

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010

Alterian posted:

I'll be 11 weeks in a couple days and I've bought some maternity pants already. If I hadn't gotten pregnant, I would of had to buy new pants anyway since the ones I had were getting worn out. I attended a conference this week for my profession and even though I didn't have to dress up, I didn't want to wear a bunch of jeans with holes in them so I said gently caress it and bought a couple new pairs. I don't think I'd feel comfortable using one of those bands or the rubber band method. I have a long torso to begin with so a lot of shirts stop short on me. I'd be constantly scared my pants were going to fall off if I stood up or if I was using the rubber band, my fly would come down or something.

I'm really happy my work doesn't have a dress code so I can get away with wearing the yoga like pants to work and be super comfy.

I've never had any trouble feeling like I was going to lose my pants. I work with teens and have to be very careful about appropriateness of my clothing and I mess with my shirts and pants a lot less now that I always have a large elasticy piece of cloth keeping anything from coming out. (Also, they love my belly. It's all they look at now when I teach.)

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Idonie posted:

With my daughter they found an EIF either at the nuchal translucency (about 13 weeks) or at the organ scan ultrasound -- I don't remember which. I *think* it was the NT, because IIRC it raised the possibility of Down's slightly, but the possibility was still super-low. The doctor said "I hate having to tell you this, because it is *incredibly meaningless,* but yes, we found this thing. It will almost certainly be fine." Which it was; she's completely fine.

Thanks for sharing -- my wife went in for the blood test yesterday so we're just going to wait and hopefully get a letter in the mail (rather than an urgent phone call).

Ruggedor
Jan 20, 2006
Eating Babies Since 1987

Idonie posted:

It would be during the anatomy scan. EIF is a soft marker for Down syndrome. This article is the standard for ultrasound markers and DS.

Bank posted:

Thanks for sharing -- my wife went in for the blood test yesterday so we're just going to wait and hopefully get a letter in the mail (rather than an urgent phone call).

You should get a phone call within two weeks. I'm a genetic counselor and we do this screen all the time. Also, doctors suck at interpreting these tests, so if you have any questions, shoot me a pm.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
So I have a new and unusual (for me) problem.

This is my fourth pregnancy so you'd figure I'd have this stuff down by now, but whomever said "All pregnancies are different" sure wasn't kidding. Lately I've been feeling like total poo poo from morning till about 7 or 8 PM. I'm so tired I sleep all day while the kids are at school, and if I try to stay up I just feel so ill I want to cry. But when evening hits I feel like a million bucks! I feel so sad about this because I'm missing a lot of time with my kids/husband and it sucks that time is passing me by. Anyone else have this problem, and is there a solution. I'm literally to the point of wanting to drink an energy drink!

I'm 26 weeks! It's time to feel out of breath but otherwise great! Dammit I want to enjoy pregnancy.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Second appointment of the week done! We got the NT test today, combined with my blood test- the chances of me, at 36 years old, having a baby with Trisomy 18 or Down Syndrome have been reduced to 1/51,000.
I have also enrolled myself in a study of first-time moms, it's a NIH study. 3 visits, trying to find clues as to whether they can predict who will develop diabetes, high blood pressure, and/or have early births or low birth weight. I'm all for the science! Also I guess I get free 3 and 4D ultrasounds though oddly enough I am more interested in the :science: part. It's called the NuMOM2b study (lol). You have to be less than 13 weeks pregnant to enroll in it. Here's the webpage in case any of you ladies are near these hospitals.
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01322529

rangergirl
Jun 3, 2004
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer

Stairs posted:

I'm 26 weeks! It's time to feel out of breath but otherwise great! Dammit I want to enjoy pregnancy.

I'm about 24 weeks and I feel like crap most of the day only it's the opposite, I'm good in the morning but tired and just sick feeling the rest of the day. I have to work all day so there's not much I can do about it, drinking lots of hot tea helps perk me up a little and taking short walks helps when I get really tired. I swear I want to go back and slap everyone who told me I would feel awesome in my second trimester.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

I'm 27 weeks (whatup Stairs) and if I don't get a nap during the day I'm tired as poo poo, but I can stay up until 1-2am with no problem. I think it's because of the downtime while the kid's in bed and not having to constantly be on alert for her needs.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!
My wife is pregnant (21 weeks) with our second child and this time has been really rough on her compared to the first one. The most recent issue is that for the past month or so she has literally felt like she has to pee 24/7, which is driving her pretty crazy. She also has interstitial cystitis, which causes UTI like symptoms and it went undiagnosed until she was about 20 years old so she has pre-existing anxiety about bladder problems from her childhood.

TL;DR version of the below: poo poo isn't getting supported properly so it is pressing down on other poo poo that isn't meant to be pressed upon which is causing problems and we aren't sure where to turn to next.

The baby had been staying really low this time around and she felt a lot of pressure on the pelvic floor but everyone told her this was normal for a second pregnancy because the ligaments and muscles are already pre-stretched.

Then she got bronchitis and the strain from all the coughing apparently made her urethra and bladder muscles spasm which was causing a lot of the urgency problems (we didn't find this out until much later though). After two rounds of antibiotics didn't clear up the problem and the usual medication for an IC flare up didn't help either our midwife said "i dont know what to do about this" and referred us to a urologist who specializes in female gynecological issues.

The urologist sent a camera up into the bladder and confirmed that it was not an IC flare up or a UTI, then basically threw his hands up and said "I don't know wtf this is", and referred us to a pelvic physical therapist (I didn't even know these existed!).

The PT is the one who eventually diagnosed the spasming and also informed us tht my wife's bladder was prolapsed from the strain of coughing. She gave her some exercises to do to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and told her to stay off her feet as much as possible. After four straight (bored) days in bed there was no improvement. The PT says she can't do anything else for my wife until the baby is born and suggested that it might also be caused (or exacerbated) by the fact that my wife's abdominal muscles have developed a split and so aren't holding things in like they are supposed to.

She punted back to the midwife, who still doesn't know what to do to help. This problem is apparently almost never seen during pregnancy and is typically seen post partum, when the treatment options are wider since you don't have to worry about harming the baby.

Does anyone here have any suggestions about who else we should consult? I refuse to believe that there isn't someone or something that can help us, we just don't know what else to try and we seem to have exhausted our team's resources.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
Much earlier in the thread, someone posted this:

Moms Stuffing posted:

I hate anything with words on it though. Anything stating that you are Daddy's or Mommy's Lil' Buttface or whatever, yuck I hate that stuff.

As a person who also hates baby clothes with stupid cutesy phrases on them, I started mentally classifying those kinds of clothes as being "Mommy's little buttface clothes." I mentioned it to my best friend months ago, and she joked that she was going to get me a onesie that said Mommy's Little Buttface. I laughed it off, but guess what showed up at my baby shower last weekend:

All the old people at the shower were really confused.

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010
My husband and I have created two baby rules.

1. No clothing with words. (The stuff you guys are talking about.)
2. No camo.

My very sweet and well-intentioned high school girls threw me a baby shower the other day. All the clothes? Words.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Axiem posted:

That said, I'm to the point where I want to start attempting to track contractions. There are a bunch of apps for it for the iPhone, and that'd be a nice way to do it. Anyone have any recommendations? How'd y'all keep track?

I missed this post before, but a small warning for you. My husband downloaded some free contraction timer for his iPhone which seemed to work ok. Halfway through my labour a window popped up saying his free trial had run out, and that he'd have to pay 69p for the full version. We ended up just using the stopwatch that's on the iPhone anyway.

I love that little buttface babygro! I'm not usually into novelty baby clothes, but saw this on a babygro the other day and love it:

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

This hip pain is excruciating. Does anyone have *any* tips at all on how to deal with this? I'm almost at the point of tears. It's kind of a combination of my actual leg/hip socket and my sacroiliac joint (which is the worst part of it). Tylenol is doing poo poo. The doctor gave me some stretches and exercises to do, but they don't seem to be helping (and in some cases are excruciating).

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
I am so sorry about the hip pain. I have so much sympathy but I'm afraid I don't have any advice--my bout of hip/back pain cleared up after a few days of taking it easy when possible, thank god. I found that lying down was the best for it--a lot of sitting positions made it worse.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I got a lot of clothes with words. From what I can tell, my in-laws really like clothes with words. (Though my husband approves of clothes with words because the boy clothes mostly say "Handsome like Dad," "Smart like Dad," etc.) Though from a few things I've bought myself, I've found that 2 or 3 packs of onesies will have one cute one that you like and one with a stupid phrase on it. I'm trying to figure out how to make appliques to put on top of the words on some of them. I'm pretty sure this is wasted effort in the long run though, because I'm guessing that once this baby gets here I'll be so tired and worn out that I won't care what the clothing looks like as long as it doesn't have poop or vomit on it.

furushotakeru posted:

Does anyone here have any suggestions about who else we should consult? I refuse to believe that there isn't someone or something that can help us, we just don't know what else to try and we seem to have exhausted our team's resources.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but my experience so far is that there's a general feeling among doctors that "Pregnancy sucks, it makes weird poo poo happen, but it's over fairly soon." Again, just anecdotal experience, but this seems to lead them to be less willing to treat problems that arise during pregnancy. On one hand, I understand where they're coming from: 1) there are not a lot of treatments for anything that are proven safe for a growing baby, so they want to avoid aggressive treatment for that reason, and 2) the problem may resolve itself in X number of months once that baby is out. To the person living with it, 4 months of pain and suffering seems like an eternity, but given that it can take a month before you even get an appointment with a doctor, then they give you a treatment to try and don't see you for another month or two, I can kind of see how trying to treat something that might go away in a few months makes sense.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Cathis posted:

This hip pain is excruciating. Does anyone have *any* tips at all on how to deal with this? I'm almost at the point of tears. It's kind of a combination of my actual leg/hip socket and my sacroiliac joint (which is the worst part of it). Tylenol is doing poo poo. The doctor gave me some stretches and exercises to do, but they don't seem to be helping (and in some cases are excruciating).

For my pain I try to keep my legs together when I'm getting into and out of bed, the car, or a chair. It's like a side-saddle motion. Sit down then swing your legs over. I also just have to shuffle everywhere when I'm walking. Other than quitting my job (it required standing and walking all day), which I know a lot of people can't do, that's about it. I just suffer hoping this child will be the cutest thing in the world. When i see the doctor again I'm going to see if they can get my insurance to cover a support belt.

Now that it's summer here in Vegas I'm going to see if swimming helps.

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.

skeetied posted:

Those aren't really meant to be multiple user pumps since milk can back up into the motor, which could technically be a safety hazard to a future user. Only the Symphony and the Lactina are certified as multiple-user pumps.

Sorry, I know this was a couple days ago, but I just saw it and wanted to share a link - I really question the recommendation by Medela to have their pumps be single user, at least in the case of the Pump In Style. I wonder if it's just a way for them to sell more pumps. If you replace the parts milk has touched (in most cases, milk doesn't even touch the tubes, but I would still replace them) then it seems INCREDIBLY unlikely to me that you could get "contamination from the motor" like they claim. Here's a link with pictures of someone taking apart the entire thing so you can really see how it works:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=238x3583

And some more info:
http://nigeltzeng.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/tech-tip-reusing-a-previously-owned-medela-pump-in-style-breast-pump/

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Yea, I don't see a huge issue with it, personally - my LC definitely never cautioned against it. But if you wanna spend the extra $100 for a new one, more power to you.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
I'm with you. Personally, I have no issue with it. Like Yawnie, I really wonder if its just a way for Medela to sell more pumps. I got my pump from my friend who got hers when she had her first 6 years ago. Its gone through three of her kids and I believe two of her sisters even used it for a short time. I took the tubing, bottles, valves, etc and micro steamed them before use. It still has great suction and speed too. Her kids are all fine, her nephews and nieces are all fine, and so far, Saria is fine. I've never even had milk run into the tubes but I did it as a precautionary measure before I started using it in case it happened to them.

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Cathis posted:

Cathis, do you have the money/support to look into pre-natal massage? I had lower back pain that was nothing like as bad as what you're describing, but seeing a chiropractor(the kind which is really just massage by another name; I am not a nutjob alt-med person) helped immediately. She was able to get my pelvis & back into alignment in about five minutes and the pain was never so bad after that.

Also, oxycodone is pregnancy category B, which means they've at least tested it on animals with no obvious effects, and it's a significant step up from tylenol. I thought percocet (oxycodone + tylenol) was B too, but the web says not -- I guess they've been tested separately but not together.

Grammar Fascist
May 29, 2004
Y-O-U-R, Y-O-U-Apostrophe-R-E... They're as different as night and day. Don't you think that night and day are different? What's wrong with you?

Axiem posted:

I guess I should be more clear: I want to get whatever it is I'll be using to track my wife's contractions ready and tested, so that when the time comes that I'll need to actually track them, I won't be scrambling around.

It's mostly just me (over-)planning for things. As the waiting husband, aside from painting the nursery, there's not a whole lot else I can do at the moment.
After downloading what seems like 20 contraction apps, we finally settled on CtxTimer. It's the only one that timed contractions correctly (from beginning of contraction to contraction) and allows you to edit contraction times, delete contractions, and undo the last "stop" if the contraction actually continued.

We have also been using Total Baby to track feeds and diapers. It's $4.99, but has been well worth it for the syncing, graphs/charts, ability to edit, and ease of use.

Finally, I'd like to introduce Miles Henry:

He was born Monday, April 23 at 12:21 am. He was 8 lbs, 8 oz and 20.5 inches. I was only pushing for 20 minutes and had the unmedicated/natural labor that I was hoping for. He is healthy and (usually) happy, and I think we're all doing pretty well so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Idonie posted:

Also, oxycodone is pregnancy category B, which means they've at least tested it on animals with no obvious effects, and it's a significant step up from tylenol. I thought percocet (oxycodone + tylenol) was B too, but the web says not -- I guess they've been tested separately but not together.

Funny you mention this. http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/28/health/drug-babies/index.html?hpt=he_c1

quote:

According to Buchheit, opioids -- like oxycodone -- are the worst offenders for the babies suffering from NAS at his hospital.
Between 55% and 94% of babies exposed to opioids prior to birth exhibit signs of withdrawal, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

The babies are easily agitated and cry constantly, and many cannot be near sound and light. Other symptoms can include a distinct, high-pitched cry, tightening of the muscles and seizures.

bamzilla fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 30, 2012