Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My daughter busted open her chin when she was 3 and the ER doc glued it shut. Said it was quicker and less painful than stitches.

Any lingering scar? I was tripped down the stairs when I was 9 (brotherly love!) and received 22 stitches by a total hack in the ER, and I still have a divot nigh-impossible to shave without nicking myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PXJ800 posted:

Any lingering scar? I was tripped down the stairs when I was 9 (brotherly love!) and received 22 stitches by a total hack in the ER, and I still have a divot nigh-impossible to shave without nicking myself.

Nothing that I notice. I should take a closer look. She's 7 now, and I haven't thought about it in ages. I guess that means it healed well.

The best part about that was my wife came to meet us at the ER. Knowing that she doesn't handle blood and pain well, I gave the ER folks a heads up and they kept her busy with paperwork until the glue was dry. We had to pin my daughter down while he did it, so it wasn't the most pleasant thing, but at least my wife wasn't there to make it more difficult.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

NosmoKing posted:

My attitude is fine, but my finger is a bit throbby. :sigh:

WHERE'S MY FREE HEALTHCARE!?!?!

Decided that spending $150 for an emergency room visit (plus 10%) wouldn't be worth it for them to squirt some bacitracin on the wound and ask me if I had a recent tetanus shot.

Two nurses work here and they both said "yep, woudn't have done anything other than disinfect and bandage that!".

It'll be fine,but my fingertip will be a bit flat from now on.

Now you can balance your plates on your pinkie when serving and impress all of your guests.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PXJ800 posted:

I took a gnarly dive when I was about 6 or 7 right onto the edge of a crooked bathroom tile and cut open my chin.

The doctor accidentally glued himself to me while he was fixing it up. I have a really small scar from it, even though the cut was like 5 cm long.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

PXJ800 posted:

Anything requiring 22 stitches is gonna be nasty more likely than not. For reference in the past month in the ED I didn't put more than about 8 stitches in any wound. Including a guy who got his hand caught in a rotating bladed piece of machinery and cut all his fingers to the bone (consulted ortho for help on that one for sure)

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
The eldest child decided to run in grandma's house in socks on a hardwood floor.

Slip and whack head into the corner of the baseboard.

Several staples to close her scalp.

Unless she loses her hair or shaves her head, nobody will ever notice the honkin' sized scar on her noggin.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Solution: teach your children about friction at a young age. By masturbating furiously in an open robe on the couch.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

My daughter busted open her chin when she was 3 and the ER doc glued it shut. Said it was quicker and less painful than stitches.

yeah, just throw some transglutamate in there, and you'll be good to go! :)

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

NosmoKing posted:

The eldest child decided to run in grandma's house in socks on a hardwood floor.

Slip and whack head into the corner of the baseboard.

Several staples to close her scalp.

Unless she loses her hair or shaves her head, nobody will ever notice the honkin' sized scar on her noggin.

If anyone else in your family has an accident this week, someone is going to jail for child abuse. :-)

Lyssavirus
Oct 9, 2007
Symptoms include swelling of the brain (encephalitis), numbness, muscle weakness, coma, and death.
I was told by a doc that the only real difference between krazy glue and the medical grade stuff is that it's made to sting less. Dunno how accurate that is, but.

I had to be sliced open from nearly hip to hip for an emergency surgery, and is was glued and stapled. You can see the scars from the staples, but barely the incision itself, and I scar easily. Super glue is the poo poo.

In an emergency, feminine pads and duct tape make an excellent bandage.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

KozmoNaut posted:

I took a gnarly dive when I was about 6 or 7 right onto the edge of a crooked bathroom tile and cut open my chin.

The doctor accidentally glued himself to me while he was fixing it up.
I can't even imagine how dumb the doctor felt when he realized he glued himself to a patient. Di he have to send for another doctor to free you guys up?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I have made posters! They're motivational!

Now I will entertain myself like a group of overweight WoW players being let loose in the flesh-light factory**.

This is going to be great!*

*Depending on your definition of great that is - if you're one of the mindless corporate sheep slowly grinding away at climbing the ladder then 'great' might not entirely cover it!

** Sitting in the corners, masturbating furiously while avoiding eye contact with anybody else.

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 26, 2012

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Post your posters.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yawgmoth posted:

I can't even imagine how dumb the doctor felt when he realized he glued himself to a patient. Di he have to send for another doctor to free you guys up?

He just asked what we were having for dinner and if he could have some, since he'd glued himself to me.

Unrelated, I made pulled pork yesterday/today. Unfortunately no smoke as I don't have the facilities, but holy poo poo why haven't I done this before? 12 hours at ~110C until the meat hit 90C. Porky goodness.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Post your posters.

Strongly seconding this.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I let my chicken stock simmer overnight, rear end opposed to pulling it after 3 hours, the results are glorious:

And with whole chickens 77c per lb at my local HEB all week, there's a lot more stock to be made!

Chef De Cuisinart fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 26, 2012

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

And with whole chickens 77c per lb at my local HEB all week, there's a lot more stock to be made!

Prices like that are just obscene.

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

Dane posted:

Prices like that are just obscene.

How much would you pay? 70 kroner or something like that?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Reduced it down to about a quart, cooled it, skimmed the fat, and:

I've got a 2nd one going right now.

Since the deal is limit 2 per person, I'll probably just pick up 2 every day on the way home. Gonna have so much chicken glace I won't even know what to do with it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Reduced it down to about a quart, cooled it, skimmed the fat, and:

I've got a 2nd one going right now.

Since the deal is limit 2 per person, I'll probably just pick up 2 every day on the way home. Gonna have so much chicken glace I won't even know what to do with it.
Those poor chickens.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

therattle posted:

Those poor chickens.

These poor chickens are going to give me a low, low grocery budget for the month.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I have some kind of horrible head congestion thing, and am miserable and coughing and junk. I hate everything and everyone, and want to crawl into a hole and die. :(

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

dino. posted:

I have some kind of horrible head congestion thing, and am miserable and coughing and junk. I hate everything and everyone, and want to crawl into a hole and die. :(
Eat a soup! And drink a tea!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

These poor chickens are going to give me a low, low grocery budget for the month.

I can't tell if you're trolling, if you are simply unaware of who and what has to pay to get you chicken that cheap, or if you do know but just don't care.

I should not have done press-ups last night - when slinging up babby this morning I heard a ripping sound which I assumed was a sling strap going through a tightener, only to discover at work that my shirt (beneath my jumper) has a great rent in it on the back from my mighty thews. I'm like the Incredible Hulk. To be fair, it is a very old, worn shirt...

VVV That's exactly what I'm saying. Beefcake! Say it with me! BEEFCAKE! (Actually, I'm pretty skinny).

therattle fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 27, 2012

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Are you saying "Oh no my muscles are too big for my clothes!" in a internet food thread?

I should probably visit W&W more often...

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey I carbonated some oranges in my iSi the other night. The end result was pretty cool, but I think you need a really sweet orange to offset the bitterness of the carbonic acid. The fizziness of the oranges was pretty neat though. Now I just need to find a practical application of the technique.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Darval posted:

Are you saying "Oh no my muscles are too big for my clothes!" in a internet food thread?

I should probably visit W&W more often...

so THAT'S why my jeans don't fit anymore! My love handle and rear end muscles are just too mighty.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

I can't tell if you're trolling, if you are simply unaware of who and what has to pay to get you chicken that cheap, or if you do know but just don't care.

If you want to get on your soapbox, just loving do it and quit being coy.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

Those poor soap boxes. Are you completely clueless about how they are built, or do you just not give a poo poo?

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008
What is a "c" and what is an "HEB"? I'm just wondering what that translates to in United Statesian.
I used to pay about a $1.29/lb. USD for whole small chickens and the supermarket but I now pay about $2 at the butcher because I'm part of the solution and all that poo poo that bags you hippie chicks or whatever.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Oh hey I carbonated some oranges in my iSi the other night. The end result was pretty cool, but I think you need a really sweet orange to offset the bitterness of the carbonic acid. The fizziness of the oranges was pretty neat though. Now I just need to find a practical application of the technique.

So you made Orangina.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.
I am against all forms animal cruelty that affects the tenderness or flavor of the meat.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wiggles posted:

So you made Orangina.

Not carbonated orange juice, carbonated oranges.

And the word orangina makes me giggle.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

I am against all forms animal cruelty that affects the tenderness or flavor of the meat.

http://now.msn.com/now/0426-german-students-kill-lamb.aspx

i shoot friendlies
Jun 25, 2007

See there, I was trying to find a way to say this, and there you go. I am glad I did not attempt it. Your eloquence has far exceeded what would have been my feeble attempts.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Fair enough, but I didn't want to go the hassle unless it was worth it. And they'd be different responses if he's being a dick, or just doesn't know any better. Mmkay?

therattle fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 27, 2012

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Very Strange Things posted:

What is a "c" and what is an "HEB"? I'm just wondering what that translates to in United Statesian.
I used to pay about a $1.29/lb. USD for whole small chickens and the supermarket but I now pay about $2 at the butcher because I'm part of the solution and all that poo poo that bags you hippie chicks or whatever.

If you're joking I don't get it, so I'm going to take you literally.

c is "cents" and HEB is a texas-based grocery chain.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Fair enough, but I didn't want to go the hassle unless it was worth it.

Of course it won't be worth it. You're tilting at discounted chickens. You could type up a giant carepost, and best case scenario is at the end of the day you can look at yourself in the mirror and be proud that you made someone feel bad for buying budget friendly poultry. It won't change anything, but thats ok because judging from what I see on the net, that's not the purpose of social activism anymore. It's about letting others know you care deeply about something, deeply enough to change your facebook picture to a chicken wearing a hoodie with POULTRY2012 scrawled in block letters underneath.

I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

gently caress stores grow chickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Of course it won't be worth it. You're tilting at discounted chickens. You could type up a giant carepost, and best case scenario is at the end of the day you can look at yourself in the mirror and be proud that you made someone feel bad for buying budget friendly poultry. It won't change anything, but thats ok because judging from what I see on the net, that's not the purpose of social activism anymore. It's about letting others know you care deeply about something, deeply enough to change your facebook picture to a chicken wearing a hoodie with POULTRY2012 scrawled in block letters underneath.

I have no idea where I'm going with this.

I'm actually wearing a rubber bracelet like the LIVE STRONG ones, but mine says RIGHTS 4 CHICKENS. I use it to score with the ladeez.

I'm not quite sure where you are going with it either!

Anyway, don't quite agree with your analysis. If someone just sees "hey, chicken for 77c/lb! Bargain" and buys away without realising quite what they are doing, then some eddication miiiight just change their minds a little bit. I know that there are people here whose views on things have been changed by what they've read - just think of Wiggles and his Smithfield Farms-shaped soapbox, for instance.

Lastly, you're an asshat! So there. :colbert: