Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I can't stop laughing at EVERYTHING IN THIS PAGE. It's too hard to single out a specific part. I'm just dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

ZuljinRaynor posted:

So, all the villains in Batman are actually good guys but all the good guys were actually villains?

Were they all actually good guys though? I figured it was Alfred being an even bigger version of Ra's al Ghul with all of the authority figures and family members under his control... like a vast conspiracy to keep Bruce Wayne/Batman feeling down. Perfect mass trolling in Gotham. The other villians were probably just small-time trolls getting in on the action to piss Batman off...

The more I think about it, Alfred probably bullied the Wayne parents into hiring him in the house. It was probably a horribly abusive relationship. What a mastermind.

Also, thanks for the avatar dipwood!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

so then i had to
kill all the people
that i once called
friends

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ZuljinRaynor posted:

So, all the villains in Batman are actually good guys but all the good guys were actually villains?

Neither. They were all just guys, because remember, villains isn't the answer.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

razorrozar posted:

Neither. They were all just guys, because remember, villains isn't the answer.

But remember
they cant troll
you if there
dead

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I love how Lazerbot managed to storyboard a more compelling Batman tale in 9 panels than any comic series DC has released in years.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Does he mean this with a sense of urgency or threat or of unforetold dark knowledge? or simply "dude, you have to come see this!"?

So much hinges on this.

And I can't unsee that his nose looks like an evil finger.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

UnassemblyRequired posted:

I love how Lazerbot managed to storyboard a more compelling Batman tale in 9 panels than any comic series DC has released in years.

Spoken like someone who hasn't read a comic book in over a decade. Welcome to BSS. Hop on over to the Batman or Comic Recommendation threads, and see how wrong you are.

Unless by compelling you mean loving hilarious, then you're probably right. Lazerbot is a master of absurdist humor.

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.
The triumphant return of Wile E. Coyote, poo poo's about to get real.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Die Laughing posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't read a comic book in over a decade. Welcome to BSS. Hop on over to the Batman or Comic Recommendation threads, and see how wrong you are.

Unless by compelling you mean loving hilarious, then you're probably right. Lazerbot is a master of absurdist humor.

Yeah there's been a lot of amazing Batman comics in the past decade, like:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Holy poo poo I don't look at this thread in a day and a half and SO MUCH HAS GONE DOWN. Every time I think "no, it can't get any more ridiculous" it does. How does he keep this up???

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Die Laughing posted:

Indeed. lazerbot wisely chose not to challenge the likes of Neil Gaiman and Grant Morrison and goes off in his own unique direction that is fascinating in its own way.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah there's been a lot of amazing Batman comics in the past decade, like:

First let me quote the Recommendation thread:

Recommendation Thread posted:

New to Batman?

Batman and Son ---> The Black Glove --- Batman R.I.P. ---> Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn ---> Batman and Robin: Batman vs. Robin ---> Batman: Time and the Batman ---> The Return of Bruce Wayne ---> Batman and Robin: Batman Must Die!

Follow that up with Batman Incorporated volume 1, and Batman Inc: Leviathan Strikes! You also have Hush, Broken City, Joker, Court of Owls, The Black Mirror, Whatever Happend to the Caped Crusader?, and the fifteenth anniversary edition of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth.

The new millenium has been pretty drat good to the Batman.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Tortuga posted:

All that does is make me want to see something like :smugdog: but saying "get in".

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

Tortuga posted:

Does he mean this with a sense of urgency or threat or of unforetold dark knowledge? or simply "dude, you have to come see this!"?

seeing fuds powers. you
have now enter something
you dont understand

Sounds like dark knowledge to me. Probably the explanation of how the looney tunes could get shot and beaten all those times and never die.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Anomalies posted:

seeing fuds powers. you
have now enter something
you dont understand

Sounds like dark knowledge to me. Probably the explanation of how the looney tunes could get shot and beaten all those times and never die.

Wile E. Coyote especially. Hasn't he potentially died the most out of any Looney Tunes character?

Though I bet that's thanks to something from ACME.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
So much gold. This especially had me cracking up:

The way he says this plus his expression, it's like he's saying Batman's a dumass with a stupid reason.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Joker was the real hero of Gotham City, Elmer Fudd is a necromancer, and Woodstock is essentially Morpheus (edit: in abilities, not mentoring skills).

I know it's been said before, but it bears repeating: Anyone who says they read that first page (where Tails is singing, "Lololol" and the Trolls come out to bully him) and correctly guessed what direction this whole thing was going to go in is either a liar, a psychic, or completely insane.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 29, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

First let me quote the Recommendation thread:

Follow that up with Batman Incorporated volume 1, and Batman Inc: Leviathan Strikes! You also have Hush, Broken City, Joker, Court of Owls, The Black Mirror, Whatever Happend to the Caped Crusader?, and the fifteenth anniversary edition of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth.

The new millenium has been pretty drat good to the Batman.

What about the Batman vs Predator/Alien crossover?

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Tortuga posted:

And I can't unsee that his nose looks like an evil finger.

Motherfucker.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I made fanart.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
Jesus Christ. Apparently since I last checked this thread, 500 posts had been made. Fudd is a necromancer, Woodstock took a day-long poo poo and Alfred was the real Batman villain the entire time.

This loving comic. :allears:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Alfred being a master troll against batman is the greatest thing.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the gently caress Wile E Coyote could have up his sleeve, or Cheetoman, Arthur, Hello Kitty, Trix Rabbit, etc.

I bet the looney toons are a death colt and they are all imbued with dark powers

produce
Apr 1, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Lazerbot is a master of absurdist humor.

Did you mean to say "absurdist" here, instead of "absurd"? I only ask because it's a little more of a stretch, but still not a baseless claim.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

visceril posted:

Alfred being a master troll against batman is the greatest thing.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the gently caress Wile E Coyote could have up his sleeve, or Cheetoman, Arthur, Hello Kitty, Trix Rabbit, etc.

I bet the looney toons are a death colt and they are all imbued with dark powers

The comic is actually in the same canon and Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden, Elmer Fudd got his powers from touching the Ultimate B-Ball

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

nerdbot posted:

The comic is actually in the same canon and Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden, Elmer Fudd got his powers from touching the Ultimate B-Ball

Someone mix the TGT theme song with Space Jam now.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
If Pac-Man grew up in medieval times because he's the first video game hero, does that mean the Looney Tunes are downright ancient? Maybe even pre-dating society as we know it, like Cthulhu?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 29, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

If Pac-Man grew up in medieval times because he's the first video game hero, does that mean the Looney Tunes are downright ancient? Maybe even pre-dating society as we know it, like Cthulhu?

Ominous, isn't it?

Anyway,

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
them candles.... I get the feeling I know what or rather who in the bag.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

for a second i thought that candle in the last panel was a hand holding a match like an old adventure game and was about to click on the tunnel to select >go down.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Oh my god, the Looney Tunes are going to be a sect of necromancers and/or occultists aren't they?

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Someone should make an adventure slideshow of this in Hypercard.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh god it's a hatch.
:lost:

There's a whole teamcoven of necromancers, each with their own corpse-sack. Comic never fails to impress. Seriously.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Suben posted:

Oh my god, the Looney Tunes are going to be a sect of necromancers and/or occultists aren't they?

Or maybe just the "villains." I'm betting Yosemite Sam is in there, and probably Marvin the Martian.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

bbf2 posted:

Or maybe just the "villains." I'm betting Yosemite Sam is in there, and probably Marvin the Martian.

Has Sylvester been in this yet?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

bbf2 posted:

I'm thinking Sylvester with a teeny tiny zombie tweedy-bird.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

At first I thought it might have literally just been Elmer's corpse bag because he left it behind when Electroll took him.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Necromancers carry dead bodies around in garbage bags. Apparently all necromancers do this. Who knew?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Foghorn Leghorn needs to be there just so they could tell him to shut up or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Wouldn't Roadrunner be in the bag?