Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Something just occurred to me. Rob is Dragonborn. Tails is being trained by a group which includes Spyro the Dragon.

Rob the no-eared man is the son of Spyro the Dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010
Help me out here... is this done ironically or no? The subject matter says yes, but the sheer length says maybe not.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Lemma posted:

Help me out here... is this done ironically or no? The subject matter says yes, but the sheer length says maybe not.

After TobleroneTriangular, I wouldn't be surprised at anything. I don't really care either. It's clear there's a lot of self awareness since goons found the strip, but I find it hard to believe the early chapters were done ironically. Plus it's difficult to fake those bizarre spelling/grammar errors.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
I like to think it's probably done as much in earnest as something like Axe Cop or whatever stupid poo poo people made as a kid, which is fine as long as you don't get hung up on the dude's age. But yeah seconding "don't care it's hilarious either way"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah... so, my dad is taking up painting and I suggested a trial picture for him to mess around with. I think it turned out pretty nice:

EDIT: Acrylic on canvas, 8"x10", btw.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 30, 2012

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Now you must hang that in a place where you will see it every day.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

I want your dad to be my dad.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Just finished this thread and uh hum

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Your dad is loving awesome, bro.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Wanna meet that dad.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
I don't actually know anything about painting but that actually looks pretty well done outside of the excellent choice of subject material, nice job Jazzflight's dad :)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

simplefish posted:

I know this is Old News but picture the scene:

Batman catches the Joker
The Joker says "Actually I'm a good guy. Your friends are your real enemies."
Batman believes him

I know Batman doesn't say this explicitly, just "after he died i found out the truth about everything" but the Joker's death is clearly connected to this, with the big reveal of the blood relationship and all, so maybe he found a letter the Joker left on his desk marked "FAO: BATMAN (IN CASE YOU BEAT ME TO DEATH)" or something, I don't know. But it's still boiling down to Batman believing the Joker.

The Joker just wants to torture Batman, so he would gladly disobey his master, Alfred Pennyworth, in order to deal Batman the hardest blow of all by proving that everyone he trusts is a phony. And his own death would be the best time to do it, as he would have no fear of reprisal. He probably had the indisputable proof ready for that very occasion.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The Joker was against Alfred, not on his side, so I know why the Joker would try to make the truth known. My point was that after so many times of being tricked, would Batman really believe anything the Joker shows him, even if he can't refute it?

Apparently so!

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Also apparently in Batman's case villains is the answer.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah... so, my dad is taking up painting and I suggested a trial picture for him to mess around with. I think it turned out pretty nice:

Fuckin' NAILED IT.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

The Super-Id posted:

Also apparently in Batman's case villains is the answer.

It is the only answer when it comes to trolls.

you cant talk to them.
there to oblivious

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007
Elmer Fudd isn't a necromancer, Bugs Bunny wouldn't be reduced to tears by someone insulting him, and Woodstock doesn't talk (or train video game characters to dodge bullets, then forget he's training them to take a nap and a poo poo), but Batman believing something the Joker said? Oh no, Tails Gets Trolled, now you've crossed a line! Batman killing is fine, but believing Joker is just plain out of character!

Anyway, I've noticed two things about TGT that further seperates it from other, lesser Devientart fan comics. One is that there's no self-insert character. Usually the stars of these things are hedgehog versions of the authors who can go Super Saiyan and are also Avatars who have mastered the four elements along with Shadowbending and Fartbending. Rob is the closest thing to that, but he's only a dragonborn by request, and "having no loving ears" isn't exactly a common power for a self-insert.

The other thing is that there's barely any romance. There's the threesome in chapter one and Silver's side story with Blaze, but the threesome's been forgotten and Silver's thing is a very minor side story that's mainly there to present his character flaws and potential character development. Everyone's not paired up with everyone else. Finally, a fan comic writer who gives us what we want (brilliant, hilarious insanity) without forcing us to wade through any shipping bullshit.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Mumbly posted:

Finally, a fan comic writer who gives us what we want (brilliant, hilarious insanity) without forcing us to wade through any shipping bullshit.

Tails Gets Trolled is basically like if Axe Cop was made by a 14-year-old and without an adult to reign things in to a degree. I can basically imagine Lazerbot and his brother sitting on a couch watching Looney Tunes and spewing out all these insane ideas about Elmer Fudd being a necromancer at each other and going "DUDE AWESOME" and running off to draw it immediately.

It's insane, but it's insane in a really fun way. I could have seen myself writing something like this when I was in middle school.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Trans-Angeles posted:

Fuckin' NAILED IT.

Fuckin
NAIL
it indid!

Airflamer
Jan 21, 2012

wow that story was super amazingly awesome, im not even joking right now

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

Throw some curtains on it and stick it across from the toilet for when guests come over.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
If that painting doesn't wind up over your fireplace, it needs to find its way to Lazerbot.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Mumbly posted:

Elmer Fudd isn't a necromancer, Bugs Bunny wouldn't be reduced to tears by someone insulting him, and Woodstock doesn't talk (or train video game characters to dodge bullets, then forget he's training them to take a nap and a poo poo), but Batman believing something the Joker said? Oh no, Tails Gets Trolled, now you've crossed a line! Batman killing is fine, but believing Joker is just plain out of character!

chill your pill

I was just pointing it out. I agree there's been lots of strange stuff in TGT. It's not crossing a line, just something else worth pointing out.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

FrenchToasty posted:

Wanna meet meat that dad.

Decided to fix that one for you.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Forward_Bee posted:

If that painting doesn't wind up over your fireplace, it needs to find its way to Lazerbot.

Yeah, I was just gonna say, I'd love to have that hanging on my wall but the one who really deserves it is ol' Laze himself.

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007

simplefish posted:

chill your pill

I was just pointing it out. I agree there's been lots of strange stuff in TGT. It's not crossing a line, just something else worth pointing out.

My pill has never been chiller. :colbert: It's just that you aren't the first person to take the Batman stuff a little more seriously than everything else and I wanted to poke fun a bit. I didn't mean any offence.

So, JazzFlight. Awesome painting, but how did you explain to your dad what Tails Gets Trolled is?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

How much.

Some Lined Paper
Sep 2, 2011

JOHN: wait a minute!
JOHN: i forgot, trolls hate cleaning products for some alien reason! shit, that's going to make everyone so uncomfortable.

Mortal Sword posted:

Nah, all the breakfast mascots are busy over in Breakfast of the Gods.

This got lost in all the painting chat, but holy gently caress this comic is absolutely incredible. Just read through the whole thing, and wow. I never thought I would be so moved by the death of a cereal mascot.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Need to
know how much that
panting is

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

JazzFlight I think your dad has a new opportunity to make some money on the side.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

The amount of avatar-worthy Rob frames is maddening.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I can't stop laughing at that painting. If a poster here said he drew it, I would just think it was awesome. But the fact that a poster got someone else who had no idea what it was in reference too (and probably doesn't even know who Tails is in general from the Sonic games) makes it both awesome and hilarious.

What was your dad's reaction when you showed him that? Was he just like "Okie dokie, I'll paint that cartoon character" without questioning, or did he ask what it was from or what? And did you try to explain it to him?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just got to thinking the other day, we actually now have a Sonic fan comic that isn't unilaterally poo poo on by the entire internet. Blazesonic/Sonic2007/His-World1225 and Chrischan must be jealous as hell.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
This madness is barely even a sonic fan comic. I mean, Sonic's dead man! Maybe that's the key.

Horrible Koan posted:

On the 29th of April a disciple said to Lazerbot, "Master, why is my sonichu webcomic poo poo?"
Lazerbot replied, "I have no ears."
The disciple asked, "But Master, people do not appreciate my sonic form..."
Lazerbot scratched his nose while defecating onto the disciples comic.
On that day the disciple was enlightened.

Only by making things even shittier do you transcend poo poo. :350:

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Mortal Sword posted:

Nah, all the breakfast mascots are busy over in Breakfast of the Gods.

Holy poo poo, I'm almost at the end of the third book but half the images aren't loading properly anymore. Anyone else getting this? I have to know what's going on aside from a tiny thumbnail.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Enter religion:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

welcome to the house of god

I wonder how this will all lead them to necromancy. Did they accidentally kill Porky, and is forced to use forbidden methods to resurrect him but it did not turn out well (though still better than what happened in Full Metal Alchemist)?

I also agree that this comic has gone off in unexpected directions since that fateful first page. It's like you watch the first episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and never thought it will end with her leading an small army and burying Sunnydale in a crater.

Edit: Hell, we got ourselves a double tonight.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 30, 2012

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
It probably has something to do with Porky, yeah.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

quote:

did you know that even with seat belts
people die all the time in car crashes? i
thought that was interesting

Foreshadowing!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Is that Rob passed out at the bar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I love how Lazerbot is aware that the readers will be able to read between the lines and figure out what Bugs and Daffy are really doing when they go out and get wasted, but Wile E. himself can't possibly imagine what on earth they do in the bathroom for several hours.

...several hours? Jesus.