Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
This comic must be impossible to explain to anyone who doesn't read fluent internet english.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

NTT posted:

This comic must be impossible to explain to anyone.

Fixed that for you. TGT must be seen to be believed.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

FrenchToasty posted:

Pretty sure it's just a random girl, possibly a troll. And what's this "could've been" nonsense? :colbert:

I kind of thougt it might be Kario's wife pre-Kario, but I don't think the timeline quite adds up...

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011
Has anybody painted Hitler on a dick throne in the style of the Iron Throne of Swords from A Song of Fire and Ice?

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
Actually Hitler is off the dick throne, it's Silver who's on it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tree Huffer posted:

I might have to finally cave and steal this for my icon. Is it cool if I use it?

Go ahead dude.

Girafro
Jan 5, 2012

I will do schticky to your body

razorrozar posted:

Fixed that for you. TGT must be seen to be believed.

This is absolute truth right here. I tried to explain it to my youngest brother last night and he just gave me blank stares the entire time. I don't think any amount of time on the internet prepares someone for this, never mind hearing about it second hand.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Girafro posted:

This is absolute truth right here. I tried to explain it to my youngest brother last night and he just gave me blank stares the entire time. I don't think any amount of time on the internet prepares someone for this, never mind hearing about it second hand.

I have come across two things that MIGHT prepare one for it, both discovered through this thread: Hitmen for Destiny (and the author's other works, though I didn't read the one about the cheating husband because I can't stand comedies of errors, they make me cringe too much) and Breakfast of the Gods.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Girafro posted:

Last Sunday I tried explaining this to the chef I work with at my weekend job. He's a middle-aged goofball who's usually on top of internet memes. I was trying as hard as I could to explain it.

Best I could muster was:
- In the Lazerbverse Trolls are IRL insulting cartoon characters.
- Cartoon characters try to defeat the trolls through peace/violence
- Troll king appears. Half of them die around this point for various reasons
- Rob, the greatest character ever, has no ears but knows exactly the right time to say "what?" and when there's trouble.
- Bugs and Daffy are secretly gay lovers who get murdered for getting in the way
- Splinter group consisting of Elmer Fudd become pseudo-trolls
- Elmer Fudd is actually a necromancer who reanimates Bugs and Daffy to do his bidding

He looks at me and responds with "Wait... DeviantArt? Where people draw all those lovely pictures?"

I'm like "YES!" :dance: and realize what I just responded with. I regain my composure and continue, "But this is different. It's the only thing of DA quality that you WANT to see more of."

I'm gonna give him a tinyurl of the imgur photo album link that's now in the OP on Saturday.

Girafro
Jan 5, 2012

^^^^ I wish your chef good luck.

razorrozar posted:

I have come across two things that MIGHT prepare one for it, both discovered through this thread: Hitmen for Destiny (and the author's other works, though I didn't read the one about the cheating husband because I can't stand comedies of errors, they make me cringe too much) and Breakfast of the Gods.

I never started on those, when they got mentioned in the thread I was still in class and was already wasting enough time on this non-sense, but now that I'm done for the term I'll have to get on it. Thanks for reminding me!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hitmen for Destiny is especially great, and it has a twist at the end worthy of M. Night himself. I'll repost the link in a moment, let me find it.

Eta: And linked. That should take you to the first comic, if not the navigation's straightforward.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
The guy behind Hitmen for Destiny is currently working on a sci-fi comic, Accidental Space Spy.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BiggerJ posted:

The guy behind Hitmen for Destiny is currently working on a sci-fi comic, Accidental Space Spy.

It is that magical time of year known as finals week, so I haven't had time to read that one. You can bet I'll be checking it out this summer, though.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

I love watching everyone's avatars slowly turning to TGT as time goes by.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Col. Justice posted:

Unfortunately, not me, unless someone buys it for me. I have to eat this summer and I like TWEWY.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

razorrozar posted:

Unfortunately, not me, unless someone buys it for me. I have to eat this summer and I like TWEWY.

I know you are exaggerating, but I like to think you literally allotted $5.00 for your summer food budget.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThatPazuzu posted:

I know you are exaggerating, but I like to think you literally allotted $5.00 for your summer food budget.

I'm going to get five small fries from McDonald's and eat one fry per day. :v:

I just can't afford to spend any more money right now, is all. Although my parents surprised me by sending me a care package I have to pick up in the morning, so maybe it won't be as tight as I expect.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Backweb posted:

Last Sunday I tried explaining this to the chef I work with at my weekend job. He's a middle-aged goofball who's usually on top of internet memes. I was trying as hard as I could to explain it.

I ended up explaining it to a coworker on Saturday. He isn't really an "internet guy" but all I really had to do was explain "some 14-year-old kid writes and draws it and put it on the internet" and it was enough context.

I think at this point Lazerbot is probably the age he says he is, but it just makes it easier to explain that way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TGT and me: On DeviantArt, I bookmarked several good artists (including Weapon Brown and one professional comic book colourist) and two really hot talented cosplayers. Yet every time I see a notification for new art in my DA inbox I will be severely disappointed if it is not a new page from lazerbot.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I'm too attached to Bobby Hill. Though at this rate, he might make an appearance in TGT.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chief Savage Man posted:

I'm too attached to Bobby Hill. Though at this rate, he might make an appearance in TGT.

My dad sold propane and propane accessories, until they raped him to death.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

With the way that the text formatting is interpreted here in this thread, it reminds me of verse.

It only stands to reason that the dialogue in TGT is actually lyrics. This whole thing is an opera.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Glitterbomber posted:

My dad sold propane and propane accessories, until they raped him to death.

Nah, his dad was actually a troll. Dale Gribble heroically sacrificed himself to save Bobby.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mazed posted:

With the way that the text formatting is interpreted here in this thread, it reminds me of verse.

It only stands to reason that the dialogue in TGT is actually lyrics. This whole thing is an opera.

When the inevitable fan opera happens I'd be willing to sing a line or two if y'all need a baritone

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

QuantaStarFire posted:

Nah, his dad was actually a troll. Dale Gribble heroically sacrificed himself to save Bobby.

That, or Dale himself shows up after years of being trolled by John Redcorn.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

/\/\/\ I can also see Bill and Boomhauer doing to Bobby/Connie/Joseph what those two random trolls did to tails on the first page. Though Bill could also be a potential victim.

Col. Justice posted:

Same here. The problem is that there are so many different characters I'm worried that people may not know they're all from the same source. If only gang tags were allowed again... I'd lobby hard for one that said "Troll Slaiyers" :allears:

Backweb fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 2, 2012

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Backweb posted:

/\/\/\ I can also see Bill and Boomhauer doing to Bobby/Connie/Joseph what those two random trolls did to tails on the first page. Though Bill could also be a potential victim.

Same here. The problem is that there are so many different characters I'm worried that people may not know they're all from the same source. If only gang tags were allowed again... I'd lobby hard for one that said "Troll Slaiyers" :allears:

(from the beginning of the thread)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

withheldmcfakename posted:

That, or Dale himself shows up after years of being trolled by John Redcorn.

A wretched, sad part of me wants Tails Gets Trolled fan fiction because poo poo like this is killing me

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Rather Dashing posted:

(from the beginning of the thread)

I still want that tag, just so, so much.

fake edit: I didn't even notice that the moving background was trollface.

real edit: You have a great username, Rather Dashing.

Girafro
Jan 5, 2012

I'd really like to be able to use that Troll Slaiyers tag. I had forgotten about it until you reposted it just now.

razorrozar posted:

Hitmen for Destiny is especially great, and it has a twist at the end worthy of M. Night himself. I'll repost the link in a moment, let me find it.

Eta: And linked. That should take you to the first comic, if not the navigation's straightforward.

Thanks for that, now I have something to do before I need to get to work tonight.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

We've been through this before. The mods and admins are done handing out gang tags, but if I remember correctly you can still give yourself one. All you need is for someone with plat to host it on the servers. If an image is hosted on the forums, it can be linked to in avatar text.

Hosted like so, I believe:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 2, 2012

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Backweb posted:

Though Bill could also be a potential victim.

Maybe it's because I haven't seen every King of the Hill, but I'm having a hard time seeing Bill as anything but a victim.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

redmercer posted:

Maybe it's because I haven't seen every King of the Hill, but I'm having a hard time seeing Bill as anything but a victim.
Yeah, also Gribble is a victim pretty frequently. God drat Redcorn.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sir_Vondruke_IV posted:

Yeah, also Gribble is a victim pretty frequently. God drat Redcorn.

Khan is the obvious choice for troll. All the main cast is either too laid back (Boomhauer), too neurotic (Bill and Dale), or Hank Hill. Khan's been trolling since day one, though.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Backweb posted:

Well, in TGT, Bill's job as a barber for the Army would turn out to be the same as Steven Seagal's job as a "chef" for the Navy in Under Siege. Meaning, there would be the Ironside's flashback theme, and then he'd turn into some berserk, remorseless killing machine.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Backweb posted:

Daggummanlookatthattalentlessfoxman.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

HarkToTheLoons posted:

real edit: You have a great username, Rather Dashing.

Why thank you - I'm somewhat ashamed of it seeing as I've since seen it in numerous places and obviously wasn't as original as I first thought.

Back on topic: Still waiting for historical figures to make an appearance. Hitler being top of the list, natch, with his dick throne in tow.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Now that I'm thinking about it, Strong Bad would probably be a member of the troll slaiyers if "The Awesome" wasn't already taken.

pepple kept
trolling me
by sedning
e mails ab->
->out my h->
->ands so I
delteated the
crap out of
them

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Wrist Watch posted:

We've been through this before. The mods and admins are done handing out gang tags, but if I remember correctly you can still give yourself one. All you need is for someone with plat to host it on the servers. If an image is hosted on the forums, it can be linked to in avatar text.

Hosted like so, I believe:

Can I get a link to that tag announcement? I must have missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
The Third Street tag () was added that way. It can be done, I just don't remember the specifics of how.