Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

BlindNinja posted:

Funnily enough, Q-GAMES deemed me worth of being in the Performer Beta, and gave me access to it via a PSN message (lol) just now. If you're just "playing" the Viewer Beta, obviously there's no real game involved, and I can see your frustration. I have yet to fire up the Performer Beta, but I'll post a trip report when I get a chance to play. If you don't like the music, or watching visualizations though, this game might not be for you.

I love the idea of 4am so much. Maybe I just see it as a fun app to show people when they come over that, "hey want to make some chill music for a bit?" Or let them play DJ or whatever.

I've really liked what I have heard from Baiyon and Dylancuthbert thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

Im checking out the 4am beta. Theres a 'Pixelmeister' playing live from Kyoto and the music is pretty awesome.

I wondering how it really works though. Is it just swinging around the move controller and the ps3 turns that into a cool track, or is there really some work involved from the side of the player to get a decent soundscape?

Whatever the case, its really cool.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Awesomenauts does indeed suck poo poo, I never played DOTA or know what it is though so Im not sure what its supposed to be imitating but I feel that it sucks. I also tried 4am and there was just one guy streaming and it was some floating pixels that looked like an old windows media player visualizer. I hope Trine 2 is good or this will be a real "lemon" of a month of pS+ for me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Grimace posted:

Played some Castlevania Chronicles earlier. Arranged mode is kind of nice, but I am honestly a little disappointed that the game isn't a simple remake of Castlevania 1. Most of the controls are the same, and the first level is much the same, but then after that everything is either new or remixed. I'm stuck on the revamped Medusa in Stage 4 now. :argh:
Technically it's a port of a Castlevania game for an old Japan-only Sharp home computer from 1993 which was itself basically a remixed version of the original game! Layers upon layers

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Pablo Gigante posted:

Technically it's a port of a Castlevania game for an old Japan-only Sharp home computer from 1993 which was itself basically a remixed version of the original game! Layers upon layers
There's some very, very weird stuff in it that feels buggy, but I can't tell if it's a bug, or as-designed.

First level, third main area / just past the door, if you attack a wall, it spawns... little brown dudes? Who spawn until they hit max entity count possible? and keep spawning if you keep attacking? It seems broken.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Shalinor posted:

There's some very, very weird stuff in it that feels buggy, but I can't tell if it's a bug, or as-designed.

First level, third main area / just past the door, if you attack a wall, it spawns... little brown dudes? Who spawn until they hit max entity count possible? and keep spawning if you keep attacking? It seems broken.

These are intentional. They're placed where meat/bonus items were hidden in the original Castlevania games before this version to trick people who played the originals. Usually a new breakable wall is added on the opposite wall so you can still get something.

This remake also introduced the ninja maids seen in some of the GBA/DS games as well ad the bone spider golems in Harmony of Dissonance.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shalinor posted:

It's a joke/gently caress you. In the original version there is a health restoring item there. A player goes in expecting a health storing item and instead gets infinite fleamen.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Shalinor posted:

I found that and I think it's a trap or an easter egg. In other Castlevanias like Castlevania 1, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, etc. that level is largely the same- one of the few areas in Castlevania that doesn't reform itself with each materialization of the castle. Every time that wall is hit, you can get a wall turkey to recover your health by about half.

My guess is that the developers took advantage of the idea that people playing this version of the game had also played the original Castlevania and knew that there was originally a turkey inside, and decided to set a trap. So instead of getting a heal, you just get more damage. I took it to be more like them saying, "this isn't the exact same game, guys. We did some different stuff!" For better or worse.

e; Wow I was beaten twice. That'll teach me to type a lot. :smith:
I'll just add that I really like Ayame Kojima's depictions of Belmonts.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 2, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Rock and Ages AND Awesomenauts for free. Looks like this is the month to sign up for PS+. Only thing is, if I let my subscription expire after that I'd lose the games I got for free right?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Cbouncerrun posted:

Rock and Ages AND Awesomenauts for free. Looks like this is the month to sign up for PS+. Only thing is, if I let my subscription expire after that I'd lose the games I got for free right?
You don't "lose" them, you just can't play them anymore. :v:

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Cbouncerrun posted:

You wouldn't lose them, so much as you wouldn't be able to play them. I guess that's a small distinction, but if you renew your PS+ account at some point, you'd be able to load them again.

(Don't forget Trine 2 and that Castlevania goodness for free as well.)

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
^^ That's correct. Also, thanks to the jerk that suggested Dracula X. I keep getting killed on Death. :argh:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cbouncerrun posted:

Awesomenauts is naut awesome. Rock of Ages, I know nothing about, but it's out the 15th, I think?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I don't know if you can still get the PS+ discount for it, but I bought the Sonic CD port/remake last week for $3. One of the best PS3 purchases I've ever made. Playing on an HDTV with the Nostalgia setting to show the pixels in high quality... My god, it's beautiful. I hear that they got Christian Whitehead back to work on Sonic 4: Episode 2, so if it controls as well as Sonic CD does, I'll gladly pick it up when it's released on the 15th.

Just, not until I see it in action and play a demo. Game's gotta be perfect, after what Episode 1 pulled.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Crows Turn Off posted:

You don't "lose" them, you just can't play them anymore. :v:

If I lose my discs, I can't play my games any more. Losing PS+ games works the same way :colbert: (:coljohnny:?)

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

If I lose my discs, I can't play my games any more. Losing PS+ games works the same way :colbert: (:coljohnny:?)
Well, you still have them on your PS3. You still have them in your Downloads list. You just can't actually load them (unless you renew your PS+ subscription).

In your example, you would still have the discs, but something like the anti-piracy prevents them from working (until you pay a little more).

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Does that also mean I cant play any of my PS+ games if Im not hooked up to the internet to verify my account? If so thats some bull sh*t

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
PS+ doesn't really give you anything that you can use offline, so if your connection is spotty then don't subscribe.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
You can play your PSN+ content offline and on other accounts, from the same system.

My plus will expire 5/13 and I'm pretty pleased with it. I get datura for discount before it expires so that is pretty awesome.

I'm going to miss the cloud saving.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't see much use for Cloud saving unless you go to different PS3s a lot. It could help me keep my locked saves when I get a new PS3 I guess.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
How do you delete cloud saves? I think SSX ghosts took up all my space...

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
It's fairly obvious but still worth noting that anything you buy at a discount with PS+ will be just fine if you let your subscription expire. Unfortunately the discounts aren't always super deep, but I'm not going to argue with Rayman: Origins for $15 in a couple of weeks.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ChetReckless posted:

It's fairly obvious but still worth noting that anything you buy at a discount with PS+ will be just fine if you let your subscription expire. Unfortunately the discounts aren't always super deep, but I'm not going to argue with Rayman: Origins for $15 in a couple of weeks.

Yes, things purchased at a discount are still yours. The freebies are what you lose permission for.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

DangerKat posted:

How do you delete cloud saves? I think SSX ghosts took up all my space...

Go into Save Data folder, then the first thing should be your cloud saves. You might want to delete the original ghost data too, or completely turn off auto upload saves for SSX, otherwise it will keep trying to put that data back up in your cloud.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cbouncerrun posted:

I don't see much use for Cloud saving unless you go to different PS3s a lot. It could help me keep my locked saves when I get a new PS3 I guess.

Or for those of us who lost their original PS3 and all save data on it, and want the security blanket of knowing that if our new PS3 dies, we won't lose everything again.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Cbouncerrun posted:

Except that if your PS3 breaks you can't get the saves off, and several games have locked saves that can't be copied to a thumb drive even if the PS3 is working.

Edit: Beaten sorta

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Feenix posted:

Awesomenauts is naut awesome. Rock of Ages, I know nothing about, but it's out the 15th, I think?
Rock of Ages was awesome on the 360. It has a great sense of humor, and the gameplay's decent.

Is it great? No. But it's unique - and especially for the price of $free, worth trying out.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just want to note that one of the minis they gave away to PS+ subscribers yesterday, Velocity, is pretty drat sweet. It's a shooter but it's not really quite like anything I've played before. Id' go so far as to say that if you don't have PS+, it's worth paying money for.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'll have to check that out.

I also downloaded Battle Fantasia since it was free and looked interesting, anyone play it?

EDIT: Just looked it up, and I didn't realize it was a fighting game. Yeah, probably not going to be something I'd be interested in.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Cbouncerrun posted:

I'll have to check that out.

I also downloaded Battle Fantasia since it was free and looked interesting, anyone play it?

EDIT: Just looked it up, and I didn't realize it was a fighting game. Yeah, probably not going to be something I'd be interested in.

It's a pretty mediocre fighting game at that.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah I want to like Battle Fantasia, but... ehhhh. Glad I got it for free, anyhow.

I'm really glad I subbed to PSN+. Lots of free stuff, some decent discounts, and cloud saving is nice [except when I killed it with my zillion New Vegas saves at 10 megs a pop, then later my DX:HR saves]

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Wow, um, this might actually be the first COD game I've bought since MW2 (and I bought that a year ago for 8 bucks, with the intent to just blitz through singleplayer and do some special ops with friends)

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Ineffiable posted:

Wow, um, this might actually be the first COD game I've bought since MW2 (and I bought that a year ago for 8 bucks, with the intent to just blitz through singleplayer and do some special ops with friends)

May I ask why? I assume you're talking about Black Ops 2. I know I'm getting it for more Nazi Zombies. I didn't buy MW3, but I've been playing COD since 4 (Medal of Honor fan back in the day).

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Dead or Alive 5 will have "costume-specific breast physics." Never change, Team Ninja.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Well it makes sense! Certain outfits provide better support than others.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

...! posted:

Dead or Alive 5 will have "costume-specific breast physics." Never change, Team Ninja.

Honestly, who even plays DoA anymore?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Yodzilla posted:

Well it makes sense! Certain outfits provide better support than others.
Actually I've thought for a long time that in games, boobs bounce the same whether the person is wearing a bikini top or a tight leather jacket or something. Team Ninja is addressing a serious concern in games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair, at least they're remembering what the franchise sold itself on. That's a step up from Ninja Gaiden "our sadness is matched only by our button mashing" 3.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

TaurusOxford posted:

Honestly, who even plays DoA anymore?

What's your definition of :airquote: play :airquote: here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
If DoA was on a console I owned, I'd definitely still play it! :v:

I'm actually really excited that I'm going to get to play it again. It was one of my favorite fighters back in the day.

• Locked thread