Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

lamb posted:

I'm glad everyone's getting their stuff! I'm always on the lookout for stuff I think goons might like in my travels, so it pays to post some stuff about your likes :)

I owe a bunch of you thanks. My job has been nutty lately. I promise to get it together soon.

Regarding the mom list, I think creating a separate list would be best. Anyone who wants their mom to get a card, just give me the info, either in the thread, or PM me if you're iffy about having your mom's info out there in plain sight of the entire internet.

My Mom (Deb) would probably LOVE Mother's Day goonmail. She really appreciated the goonmail that you guys sent her at Christmas, and it helped keep her smiling during the first Christmas without her mom (my Nan).

If you'd like to send her a little something (first Mother's Day without her Mom, it might be a bit tough), you can send it to:

Deb "MommaValet" Wright
c/o Kassie Wright
95 Eagle Ave,
Brantford, Ontario
N3S 1Z5

My Mom has a very good sense of humour, but if you could keep language to a minimum and maybe not mention my screenname (she knows of it, but kinda turns a blind eye) that would be great.

She likes cats, flowers, gardening stuff, but also really likes the Big Bang Theory and fun stuff like that.

I love my Mom very much, and she's done so much for me, so to see her smile is the greatest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

lamb posted:

Regarding the mom list, I think creating a separate list would be best. Anyone who wants their mom to get a card, just give me the info, either in the thread, or PM me if you're iffy about having your mom's info out there in plain sight of the entire internet.

Also signing my momma up! If you are so inclined, you can send cards to:

Trudy, Niemat's mom
c/o Niemat
111 N 38th Ave Apt 2
Omaha, NE 68131

And I will make sure she gets them! :) As much as she and my dad are mildly amused with the idea of internet strangers all sending each other mail, they might be a bit more creeped out if it came to their door...

My mom loves lighthouses (LOVES lighthouses--collects them, visits them, reads about them, you get the picture) and the Victorian era (again, reads about it, visits historic homes, etc). Her favorite flower is the lilac, which is also her favorite color. She's very conservative in nature, so no dick jokes or foul language, please. :)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Sorry for the double post! It seemed weird to sign my momma up for the Mothers Day card exchange and lament my lost mail in the same post.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

If there was any for me, I didn't receive any. :ohdear: Hope your mail isn't all lost! Postage is too expensive for that...

:doh: This is what I feared... Hopefully at least a few people got mail! You're dead on with postage being too expensive to be lost--especially internationally! :(

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've received so much nice stuff in the past month it is unbelievable. I need to get it all together and take one big picture of everything. It's amazing how much you can get in the way of nifty little geegaws, and amazing how much of an interest my cats take in all of it. Lamb the little stretchy rabbit you sent has been all over the house as kitties toss it every which way...

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
This thread keeps on giving. Mizufusion, I love the card!! You really made my day with that card. It was totally fine and made me laugh. I took my address off the list for a couple of reasons but mostly it is because I won't be able to keep up for awhile (and I always like to reply when someone sends me something). It was a really nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it. :D

Thermophonic Joy I got your bundle of goodies today! Thank youuu! Sooo many stickers, I love it. You always find such neat things to put in. The card was perfect too, and was something I really needed to hear today. :glomp:

Thank you again, both of you.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

This thread keeps on giving. Mizufusion, I love the card!! You really made my day with that card. It was totally fine and made me laugh. I took my address off the list for a couple of reasons but mostly it is because I won't be able to keep up for awhile (and I always like to reply when someone sends me something). It was a really nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it. :D

Thermophonic Joy I got your bundle of goodies today! Thank youuu! Sooo many stickers, I love it. You always find such neat things to put in. The card was perfect too, and was something I really needed to hear today. :glomp:

Thank you again, both of you.

You're welcome! There are a few people who are too cool to drop off my list, even if they're off the thread. I like sending just as much (if not more) than receiving so don't sweat the replies. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 29, 2017

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'd like to add my mother-in-law, Tessa, to the list of Mother's Day mums. She's got a kooky sense of humour, and is amazingly sweet and smart! I don't think she'd have much use for stickers and things, but a nice card would be cool, and she always appreciates a corny joke. Thanks in advance, guys.

Are we sending her cards to your residence? :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Niemat posted:

Are we sending her cards to your residence? :)
Oh, whoops! Yes, please. Thanks for asking... Guess I'll edit that in up there.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Hooray! I knew I got that card for a reason! :downs:

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and please don't feel obligated to send anything back.

Cristlefir
Nov 24, 2006

Per Ardua ad Astra
I loved this idea when I joined a few years ago! I'd love to send mail out to people again! :) And getting mail is cool, too. Pumped to participate again!

"Cristlefir"
21 Talia Way
Plymouth, MA 02360
United States

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
My mom would like some mail I'm sure. Just send them to Lisa at the same address as mine. I'm sure she'd enjoy whatever you'd like to put in the card though I don't know that she'd have uses for stickers and the like.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
mizufusion sent me an awesomely sweet birthday card! Thank you very much! It's my first one this year, and I'm quite taken with it. :buddy:

I sent you a letter last week so I hope it gets there soon. Thanks again!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I just caught up on all my mails! :) Thanks for being patient. I'm going to pick up some awesome tacky stuff from my parents beach town and some lucky people will receive it. :)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

mizufusion sent me an awesomely sweet birthday card! Thank you very much! It's my first one this year, and I'm quite taken with it. :buddy:

I sent you a letter last week so I hope it gets there soon. Thanks again!

Yes! I just got it today, and I used the heart shapes and stickers to decorate my calendar. I made it all obnoxiously sweet looking since me and the boyfriend are celebrating a year together this Friday. :3:

The card gave us a good laugh too! It just looks so upset, like :saddowns: or something, and no one has ever sent me a "have a terrible Easter" card before. Actually, it was the only Easter card I got this year so I guess I'll have to go back in time and have an awful day!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Mizufusion posted:

Yes! I just got it today, and I used the heart shapes and stickers to decorate my calendar. I made it all obnoxiously sweet looking since me and the boyfriend are celebrating a year together this Friday. :3:

The card gave us a good laugh too! It just looks so upset, like :saddowns: or something, and no one has ever sent me a "have a terrible Easter" card before. Actually, it was the only Easter card I got this year so I guess I'll have to go back in time and have an awful day!

Aww, we're anniversary buddies! Congratulations! My fiancee and I are celebrating five years this Sunday. (Holy crap, so long.) It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Glad you liked my card. I sent out a bunch of those so I hope no one ends up offended. :ohdear:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Glad you liked my card. I sent out a bunch of those so I hope no one ends up offended. :ohdear:

Remember where you're posting this, missy. :clint:

(but really I laughed, that was way too cute)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Mizufusion sent me this super sweet post card with a drawn kitty on it, proclaiming me a birthday super star! Thank you! :D

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Aww, we're anniversary buddies! Congratulations! My fiancee and I are celebrating five years this Sunday. (Holy crap, so long.) It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Yay, congrats! We're both pretty excited because we're dorks, and we were friends for a couple years before we actually started dating. We're constantly amazed that everything worked out so well. :allears:

I get a bit paranoid about some of my cards being offensive too, but I never let that stop me. That may or may not be a good thing.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Mizufusion posted:

Yay, congrats! We're both pretty excited because we're dorks, and we were friends for a couple years before we actually started dating. We're constantly amazed that everything worked out so well. :allears:

I get a bit paranoid about some of my cards being offensive too, but I never let that stop me. That may or may not be a good thing.

And here I worried that my cards weren't offensive enough.

But seriously, this is somethingawful.com, I'm sure neither of you are capable of anything that would -really- offend someone. Because we have a high tolerance level, here. I would think most people take it as joking. In all the mail threads throughout the years, I can't think of one instance of people being seriously bent about some mail they got. Although I'm certainly not privy to everything, but it's a safe bet that you're both aight. I have really enjoyed my mail from everyone, so. :sun:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

And here I worried that my cards weren't offensive enough.

But seriously, this is somethingawful.com, I'm sure neither of you are capable of anything that would -really- offend someone. Because we have a high tolerance level, here. I would think most people take it as joking. In all the mail threads throughout the years, I can't think of one instance of people being seriously bent about some mail they got. Although I'm certainly not privy to everything, but it's a safe bet that you're both aight. I have really enjoyed my mail from everyone, so. :sun:

I guess I need to start printing Imgur roulette postcards, then.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I want in on this! I love sending mail. And getting it.

J. Storie
6667 Giles Road, Apartment 24
Papillion, Nebraska 68133

I'm 26, female, a new mom, I like owls and gothy stuff and anything interesting. Gonna start making some cards right now.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 9, 2012

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Thank you Pit Goddess for the post card! I am from Florida originally, but I will avoid heat stroke this summer because I am moving to Alberta in two weeks :)

Also thank you Thermophonic Joy for the Omnibus holiday packet! The frog stickers are really cute.

I will try to respond to both of you sometime after the move, but I cannot guarantee that I will not forget and/or lose things.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

While we're busy compiling everyone's moms for the Mother's Day exchange, are there any mail goons who are also mothers and might enjoy some Mother's Day love? :)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I am not a mother and hope to never be a mother. Can I have a card for that?

20inch
May 26, 2010

elementary.
Thanks, Thermophonic Joy, for the Easter mail with all the goodies! :) I'm still not sure why only 1 out of every 10 letters manages to get to me, but I am about to start up a batch of spring mail. I just started working at a bookstore and so now I have found lots of interesting paper goods to send!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Good Morning, mailgoons!

First, I have some very belated thanks. I still have a pile on my desk, so if I have not thanked you I will soon. Well, hopefully soon.

This embarrassment of riches came courtesy of Team Lunch, genesplicer, mizufusion, devi electro and 13pandora13. So awesome, thanks guys.

Also, the list is up to date as of today, and I've added the goonmoms to the bottom of the list for easy reference!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thank you, Thermophonic Joy for the have a terrible easter card!! It was a wonderful pick-me-up after a terribly strange weekend with the in-laws! I laughed pretty hard when I read your card, got a little uncomfortable at the hate-filled PETA stickers (but... I don't own a zoo/circus, PETA!!), and then I found and thoroughly enjoyed the "Club soda, not seals!" sticker. :D

lamb, thanks for adding the moms to the list for easy address retrieval! I'll be going to town on some mother's day cards for mail goon mothers tomorrow, so apologies in advance to everyone's mothers! :v:

Also, cuntvalet and Themophonic Joy should probably be expecting some late birthday mail, because I'm obviously very good at this "on time" thing right now. :smug:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Now that classes are over I can FINALLY post an update :) Sorry about the huge delay! Some of the stickers / treats that were in the cards originally were used and some got scrambled about I think- so I if I mislabel a bit, please let me know.

Muzufusion sent me a WITTY hallmark card, Aunt Buck & Famine Poodle sent some lovely cards, and ThePitGoddess sent a scenic beach postcard. Cardboard Robot sent a huge connect the dots puzzle- I've been waiting to do this forever- will post the results!

Lamb sent a happy spring card, 13Pandora13 always sends the best photos :3: The Genesplicers sent me some DIY flowers. Will give gardening a shot and post the results if they're not too shameful.

Thermophonic Joy has single-handedly replenished my sticker collection. Hooooly crap this is awesome!!

Thanks everyone for all the cool stuff- it cheered me up during the rather grim end of the semester. I'll be catching up on mailing now that summer's here :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Glad you guys liked my mail! I love packing as much as humanly possible into the envelopes. Makes me all warm and squishy inside.

Tomorrow's my birthday! So friggin' excited!!!!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Glad you guys liked my mail! I love packing as much as humanly possible into the envelopes. Makes me all warm and squishy inside.

Tomorrow's my birthday! So friggin' excited!!!!

I tried to send you a PM but you don't want one or can't have one, so I'll say here, happy birthday! I really hope you have a wonderful year, and with everything that's coming in the future, I'm sure that it will be a good one. :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

I tried to send you a PM but you don't want one or can't have one, so I'll say here, happy birthday! I really hope you have a wonderful year, and with everything that's coming in the future, I'm sure that it will be a good one. :)

Thank you! I don't have the upgraded account or whatever it is. Premium, I think? I'd never willingly refuse your PMs!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Today's been decent, so far. :buddy:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

WOW I got a bunch of goonmail that needs recognition. Letters and goodies from Lamb, ThePitGoddess, and Thermophonic Joy , a mega connect the dots from Cardboard Robot, and FREAKIN' RAZZLES NAILPOLISH from Rufus en Fuego .

Replies will be sent soonish, and mail from Germany, Finland, and Estonia at the end of the month! =D

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Big stack of goonmail heading out tomorrow! Couldn't think of any better holiday theme, so look forward to a Happy Victoria Day card stuffed with goodies!

Edit: Got smaller denominations of stamps for each envelope, but didn't realize just how many I'd have to put on for only a dozen letters. Holy crap, I'm tired of sticking stamps.

Canada Post's smaller denomination stamps have a theme: Beneficial Insects (I thought they were all beneficial, but us Canadians can be a little slow about some things.) Enjoy your bugs!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 29, 2017

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Big stack of goonmail heading out tomorrow! Couldn't think of any better holiday theme, so look forward to a Happy Victoria Day card stuffed with goodies!

Edit: Got smaller denominations of stamps for each envelope, but didn't realize just how many I'd have to put on for only a dozen letters. Holy crap, I'm tired of sticking stamps.

Canada Post's smaller denomination stamps have a theme: Beneficial Insects (I thought they were all beneficial, but us Canadians can be a little slow about some things.) Enjoy your bugs!

That's some impressive stampage. :stare:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Haha I got an envelope from you just like that a bit ago. Couldn't believe just how many stamps were on it! Don't think I'd ever seen so many on one envelope.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Used up the last of my Canagoon stamps today, so our friends to the north should be getting some mail from the glorious (ha) state of Nebraska soon! :buddy:

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
I have my new address, and also internet!

----------

I'll be sending out some postcards I picked up along the road trip soon-ish, after I figure out where to buy stamps and how mailing postcards works. Not tonight, though, still unpacking and everything.

miryei fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 17, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

miryei posted:

Miryei
11314 109th Ave Apt 201
Edmonton, AB T5H 1E2
Canada

I'll be sending out some postcards I picked up along the road trip soon-ish, after I figure out where to buy stamps and how mailing postcards works. Not tonight, though, still unpacking and everything.

Another local goon! Welcome to Edmonton!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

miryei posted:

Welcome back! I've added you back to the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

Welcome back! I've added you back to the list.

Just spent a fun hour putting together another dozen goonvelopes while watching the movie The Grey. I'm quite pleased with both and I recommend the movie.

I thought I should warn you guys in advance... Having never had a father worth celebrating Father's Day with, I'm still a little unsure about how this whole thing works. In other words, enjoy your Father's Day cards, ladies! :catstare: