Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How is it that the Chronicle of Higher Education--a publication for professional academics--ends up publishing such garbage and attracting such a vile bunch of comments? Those racists are posting to each other like they know one another already, like there's a community of racists who reinforce one another on a blog from the Chronicle.

What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh good, she's doubling down:

quote:

Finally, since this is a blog about academia and not journalism, I’ll forgive the commenters for not understanding that it is not my job to read entire dissertations before I write a 500-word piece about them. I read some academic publications (as they relate to other research I do), but there are not enough hours in the day or money in the world to get me to read a dissertation on historical black midwifery. In fact, I’d venture to say that fewer than 20 people in the whole world will read it. And the same holds true for the others that are mentioned in the piece.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Breaking news: very few people will read your dissertation.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

Breaking news: very few people will read your dissertation.

Duh, but she took a big steaming dump on three people's dissertations without reading them. And then responded to critics who told her that was a dick move by saying "Hey, I'm just a blogger for the Chronicle of Higher Education, you can't expect me to actually read a dissertation before I publicly call it worthless."

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

stat rosa pristina nomine
nomina nuda tenemus

Jack Gladney posted:

How is it that the Chronicle of Higher Education--a publication for professional academics--ends up publishing such garbage and attracting such a vile bunch of comments? Those racists are posting to each other like they know one another already, like there's a community of racists who reinforce one another on a blog from the Chronicle.

What the gently caress?

To borrow someone ele's phrase from a second ago, Breaking News:

Academia attracts highly privileged and often sheltered people -- they aren't the majority of university community, of course, but they certainly exist in good numbers. This means that a publication like the Chronicle has more than its share of crotchety old business professors and young libertarian economics PhDs and so on hanging in the rafters waiting for an opportunity like this.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Wait, so only journalists should be expected to actually read or otherwise fully explore the thing they are critiquing, not academics?

Seriously is she loving retarded or something? It's like Robert Ebert or Leonard Maltin going, "What, you expected me to watch all those movies before I reviewed them? They're like 2 hours long a piece and I'm only writing 300 words."

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

Thirty-nine months of Obama have increased gasoline prices 84 percent, crude oil 135.9 percent, corn 78.1 percent, sugar cane 164.7 percent, black unemployment 25.4 percent, food stamp recipients 35.7 percent, long- term unemployment 136.2 percent, national debt in trillions 32.2 percent, and new businesses are at a 30-year low. Our country's broke. You can't fix stupid, but can vote it out!

The fact that he felt the need to specify units for his proportional metric makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

Here's a winner from my local paper today.

George Washington didn't want no niggers or fags in his military :bahgawd:

What do you expect from signal mountain? I'm pretty sure "driving while black" is still a felony up top.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

What is it with certain people not just being ignorant, but actually reveling in it? She freely admits to making criticisms without knowing anything about what she was criticizing, and does so proudly, as though she doesn't have the time to be bothered with things like reading.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zeroprime posted:

What is it with certain people not just being ignorant, but actually reveling in it? She freely admits to making criticisms without knowing anything about what she was criticizing, and does so proudly, as though she doesn't have the time to be bothered with things like reading.

That's a running theme through some conservative circles, although you certainly wouldn't expect it from someone writing for the goddamn Chronicle of Higher Education.

What really gets my goat is just the arbitrary dickishness of it. It's like picking a name out of the phone book and then keying that person's car. How awful would it be to be minding your own business, doing research you find meaningful and working toward advancing your field, and one day out of the blue you get an e-mail with a link to the Chronicle of Higher Education calling your work stupid.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It probably doesn't matter, but I have been using all the feedback forms I can find to tell the Chronicle how displeased I was to see such poor, unscholarly writing on the Chronicle's website.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Not entirely political, but uh, this was written for a major NYC newspaper.

quote:

Nets on Jay-Z track

As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new “urban” home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?

Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N------s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B----hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!

“I guess I won’t need my color TV anymore now that the Nets will be wearing black and white,’’ writes reader John Lynch.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/double_standard_TFPqqilUHif01I9BKkQSkN#ixzz1tvDbCuoR

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Toffile posted:

That's where you made your mistake.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Toffile posted:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/double_standard_TFPqqilUHif01I9BKkQSkN#ixzz1tvDbCuoR

:stare:

Holy poo poo Phil Muschnick is a massive loving racist.

Is he going to get the axe or is this par for the course at the N.Y. Post?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kim Jong III posted:

quote:

Yet, while Stoudemire’s now a fool until further notice, for years we watched Paul O’Neill, after failures at bat, attack anything and everything found in or near dugouts, especially large glass or plastic containers of thirst-quenching liquids.

Perhaps because O’Neill, as far as we know, never injured himself to the extent that he was unable to play a postseason game, he wasn’t classified as a jerk, but rather “a fiery competitor.”

So we can see how the difference between being a jerk and a fiery competitor — “a warrior” — can be as small and as fortunate/unfortunate as the hair in a hairline fracture.

Haha yes. The reason Amar'e gets called a thug but Paul O'Neil is called a warrior is because Amar'e injured himself. That is literally the only reason.

Edit: Comments on the article are surprisingly not terrible.

quote:

YO MUSHNICK IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT MEL GIBSON HAD THE GREATEST AWKWARD RACISM RANT OF ALL TIME.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 4, 2012

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

There's no punchline in the letter, this guy really does want to shut down the GSA.

quote:

Shut down the GSA!
When it comes to government waste and arrogance, folks like us are just not creative enough. It takes true bureaucrats like those at the General Services Administration.

The GSA is supposed to help other government agencies work more efficiently. But, to no American's surprise (except possibly President Obama) the "professionals" at the GSA spent over 800,000 taxpayer dollars on a 4 day Las Vegas conference that included mind readers, poolside clowns, lavish private parties and more. Oh, and of course, there was a rap video competition where our supposed "public servants" mocked taxpayers for funding their parties and excesses.

Emails from the conference organizer reveal he actually planned for the conference to be "over the top."

Was the conference organizer punished? Of course not! This is the federal government. President Obama's appointee heading the GSA actually awarded the organizer a $9,000 bonus – even after knowing about the conference. Finally, after the story broke, the GSA had to put him on leave – with his full federal salary.

Want a window into just how out of touch these Obama bureaucrats are? When asked yesterday why she approved the $9,000 bonus for the conference organizer, former GSA Administrator Martha Johnson replied that he was "entitled" to it. I'm not making that up.
There's so much more. Testimony yesterday in the House of Representatives reveals that the White House knew about these outrages months ago but took no action until the news finally broke.

The GSA is one of the more useless federal agencies (among many). They're supposed to help other agencies be more efficient. Again, I'm not making that up. Now they are being investigated for criminal bribes and kickbacks according to testimony before Congress yesterday.

We need to make sure Members of Congress know just how disgusted we are by this latest example of government waste and abuse.

The GSA unsuccessfully attempts to replicate private sector efficiency in government. In the real economy, businesses of every size are held accountable by their customers and healthy competition. Bloated government agencies like the GSA are accountable to no one and cause real harm to taxpayers.

Permanently closing the GSA would save the taxpayers at least $200 million each year, and would shrink the overgrown federal government bureaucracy. We must not allow waste, bribery, and inefficiency like this go unchecked.

Tim Phillips
President, Americans for Prosperity

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Kim Jong III posted:

lol this was probably the least racist thing in this edition of the NY Post.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Are the White Sox owned by a black guy too?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I always love it when people who obviously never listen to rap write articles about it. I decided to search through Jay-Z's lyrics for references to "9mm", because obviously if this guy knows so much about Jay-Z he's gonna choose something closely related to Jay-Z when choosing a logo, right?

The only reference I could find in all his lyrics:

Jay-Z - People's Court posted:

It's like bein on trial for your life with a public defender
Let the jury fill the seats up and start the court calendar off
With docu number 9mm
All rise...

Wow, some scary poo poo there Mr Mushnick.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Dr. Tough posted:

There's no punchline in the letter, this guy really does want to shut down the GSA.

So Tim Phillips, President of an organization that produces nothing of value, is complaining about waste and inefficiency? :ironicat:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
He emailed a few people about the story blowing up.

Phil Mushnick posted:

Bob - Such obvious, wishful and ignorant mischaracterizations of what I write are common. I don't call black men the N-word; I don't regard young women as bitches and whores; I don't glorify the use of assault weapons and drugs. Jay-Z, on the other hand.....Is he the only NBA owner allowed to call black men N---ers?"

Jay-Z profits from the worst and most sustaining self-enslaving stereotypes of black-American culture and I'M the racist? Some truths, I guess, are just hard to read, let alone think about.

(Same column I provide support for Amar'e Stoudemire at a time when everyone in town is ripping him to shreds. That was my LEAD, too, but what does that matter?)

Glad to see you grabbed that shovel, Phil.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I love it when people say "why are only black people allowed to say the n-word?" like it's some super cool thing that they really want to do, but since they can't they just whine about it.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It ranks right up there with "I have a black friend" and "Why isn't there a WHITE entertainment network?" as clues that the speaker is racist.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The funny thing is that his views could have been as reprehensibly racist as possible, all he had to do was not say friend of the family.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Terror Sweat posted:

The funny thing is that his views could have been as reprehensibly racist as possible, all he had to do was not say friend of the family.

:911: Aint it grand never be able to get away with saying that anywhere but here.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

My paper has a Sunday column called "Your 2 Cents." It's almost as entertaining as the comics section.

quote:

The "service" those Secret Service agents paid for in Colombia didn't remain a secret for long.

quote:

Since we have never actually run out of any "non-renewable" resources, how does anyone know we will?

quote:

Pro-choice and pro-life philosophies regarding abortion seem to have little room for compromise. Maybe a live-and-let-live agreement would work.

quote:

Speaking of prostitutes, what's Congress been doing — or rather, not doing — lately?

quote:

What this country needs — besides a good $5 cigar — is fewer wild-eyed Democrats and Republicans and more just plain, simple Americans.

quote:

The 2012 Democratic presidential campaign slogan is "Forward." I think it should be "Forwarned."

quote:

It's too bad Facebook wasn't around when Corp. Klinger of M*A*S*H* was trying to get out of the Army. A simple posting criticizing his commander-in-chief would have had him sent home in no time at all.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Augster posted:

My paper has a Sunday column called "Your 2 Cents." It's almost as entertaining as the comics section.

quote:

It's too bad Facebook wasn't around when Corp. Klinger of M*A*S*H* was trying to get out of the Army. A simple posting criticizing his commander-in-chief would have had him sent home in no time at all.

Isn't this alluding to the case of that marine given an "other than honorable" discharge for Facebook posts, which didn't simply "criticize" Obama but rather that he explicitly said he would disobey any orders from Obama?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Bruce Leroy posted:

Isn't this alluding to the case of that marine given an "other than honorable" discharge for Facebook posts, which didn't simply "criticize" Obama but rather that he explicitly said he would disobey any orders from Obama?
[/quote]

It's kind of how people talk about how Ted Nugent got in trouble for "making jokes" about Obama.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Pro-choice and pro-life philosophies regarding abortion seem to have little room for compromise. Maybe a live-and-let-live agreement would work.

This one isn't terrible, but I really wish it didn't pop up so often. Do people think Planned Parenthood are going out, demanding women have unwanted abortions?

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

So Tim Phillips, President of an organization that produces nothing of value, is complaining about waste and inefficiency? :ironicat:

This is kind of off topic, but I realized that not everyone is aware of the fact that Phillips is an absolutely evil bastard.

I'll let David Wong explain:

quote:

Well, not too many years ago somebody was trying to figure out how to make cheap textiles with foreign child sweatshop labor, while still putting “Made in the USA” on the tag. They had the ingenious idea of setting up factories in the U.S. commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in the North Pacific.

They imported Chinese labor, where, without the protection of any US labor laws, there was forced prostitution for women and children both. Women were given forced abortions.

When somebody in the government saw that what could be considered “atrocities” were going on under the “Made in the USA” label, they introduced legislation to protect the island workers by requiring that they be covered under US labor laws.

This brings us to Tim Phillips, and his group.

They mailed letters to Christians in the districts of key legislators saying that congress was trying to pass a law and that they, as Christians, needed to stop it as part of their duty to the Lord. The mailings claimed the law would prevent the teachings of Christ from being brought to the fine Chinese laborers in the Northern Mariana Islands. If you love the lord, and want to see Christianity brought to these poor Chinese heathens, please contact your congressman and tell them to stop this legislation. Oh, and ignore anything you hear about “labor laws” or “raping children for money.”

So yeah, gently caress Tim Phillips. Just wanted to point that out.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Nick_326 posted:

This is kind of off topic, but I realized that not everyone is aware of the fact that Phillips is an absolutely evil bastard.

I'll let David Wong explain:

So yeah, gently caress Tim Phillips. Just wanted to point that out.

Jesus loving Christ. How is it that people talking about what "good Christians" should do are always the most cartoonishly evil of them all?

Don't bother answering that question. I know the answer is hypocrisy and the lack of a soul. It's just flabbergasting sometimes.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

colonelslime posted:

This one isn't terrible, but I really wish it didn't pop up so often. Do people think Planned Parenthood are going out, demanding women have unwanted abortions?

There are in fact people who think that Planned Parenthood is somehow pushing women to have abortions in order to make a profit. These are people who have been lied to, but who want to believe the lie anyway. It's pretty awful and part of why the "pro-life" movement is hosed up.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010
Most of the editorials I've posted here in the past have to do with politics but here's an amazingly stupid one about science.

Darwin Was Wrong: Why We Need to Update Our Model of Evolution by Ellen Grace Jones posted:

This week the University of Sheffield announced results of experiments which promulgate Darwin's 'survival of the fittest' theory. Scientists claim we humans continue to be subject to the forces and whims of natural selection like other species.

"We have shown advances have not challenged the fact that our species is still evolving just like all the other species 'in the wild,'" posited Dr Virpi Lummaa, from the University of Sheffield's department of animal and plant sciences. "It is a common misunderstanding that evolution took place a long time ago, and that to understand ourselves we must look back to the hunter-gatherer days of humans."

The study, however, was nebulous in terms of expressing precisely what 'evolutionary changes' they found from the church records of almost 6,000 Finns born between 1760 and 1849.

An interesting experiment and indeed correct in that we are still evolving, however to attribute it to the Victorian, matter-based, Darwinian model of evolution is backward-thinking and flawed given the recent leaps and bounds in metaphysical sciences and physical historical evidence disproving linear evolution. The ideology we randomly mutated from ocean slime to our knuckle-dragging neanderthal long-long lost cousins to our current incarnation is one that's been dogmatically accepted into mainstream evolutionary hegemony without challenge until recent years.

"If you take Darwinian theory, make a 'scientific' principal out of it, put it into political action, then you have something like Nazi Germany" states the pioneering Dr Bruce Lipton, author of Spontaneous Evolution. Lipton believes it's 'cooperation not competition' which are the hallmarks of most natural orders.

Speaking in context of the current human-related environmental destruction of the planet, "Much of this is related to the concept of us having arrived here as accident, when in fact it's the opposite, there was purpose and design in the process. The relevance is that when we bought into the Darwinian theory we bought into a way of life that's based on survival of the fittest, but the actual theory of evolution is survival of those that cooperate."

But if Darwin was wrong, that beardy fella on a cloud must have made us, right? Well, no.

The latest science suggests we are intelligently designed - not by some sentient humanistic being from on high - moreover a higher, energetic, source intelligence. Einstein's Unified Field theory equation was completed in 2007. The breakthrough proves everything: matter (which derives from energy, which is what we're made from) all natural laws and processes link to one underlying, unifying consciousness - aka, God, Source, Allah, Yaweh - pick your favourite.

According to John Hagelin [<-----Link to another science retard], leading particle and quantum physicist, "Everything that's been discovered about the universe in modern science for the last 3 centuries can be systematically derived from the Unified Field's compact expression. The self interacting dynamics of unity at the basis of life's' diversity."

"The space between things isn't empty, it's full" claims maverick physicist Nassim Haramein whose groundbreaking expansion of the Unified Field theory is changing the face of physics as we know it. "We're bathing in energy which is the fundamental source of all creation. This was known by ancient civilisations but was lost due to the advancements of physics. My theories are starting to show the source of everything, all the material world, is mostly space. It's the medium that connects all things."

Quantum physicist Amit Goswami PhD supports the existence of a God consciousness, "The evidence for God is within us, but to see it we have to be subtle. To live it, we have to grow. Mystics, contrary to religionists, are always saying that reality is not two things - God and the world - but one thing, consciousness. The problem with science has always been that most scientists believe that science must be done within a different monastic framework, one based on the primacy of matter. Quantum physics showed us that we must change that myopic prejudice of scientists, otherwise we cannot comprehend quantum physics."

The problem with the Darwinian vs Creationist altercation is because it's so polarised. Atheists feel obliged to cling onto the Darwinian model because until now the only answer was a religious, faith-based one which they negate. Trouble is, in our logical, left-brain thinking society we view religious and ancient texts as literal rather than metaphorically encoded, hence their denunciation. For the sake of its remembrance, truth was often encrypted in fables, myths and legends. The highly-charged, energised space between things Haramein speaks of is what the ancients - and religious - call spirit.

One explicit way in which mankind is evolving for sure is in terms of our consciousness. From the Arab Spring, to #Occupy, to other measured dissent, there is a huge global shift and awakening to the corrupt, control system matrix we've been locked into for so long.

The Maya, who were acute astronomers, mathematicians and scientists knew this and their precise Long Count calendar not just tracked time, but evolution of consciousness. The much discussed end of it being December 21st 2012. Contrary to Hollywood fear-mongering, it doesn't connote the 'end of the world', moreover the transition into a more enlightened, evolved age.

Engineer and scientist Maurice Cotterell studied the Mayan cycles of human evolution and discovered they corresponded remarkably with his sunspot cycles of magnetic emissions. "Research was carried out confirming modulating magnetic fields caused genetic mutations in developing cells in test tubes." Begins Cotterell. "Here we have the mechanism whereby the sun's radiation affects the magnetic field of the earth then the magnetic field of the earth shuttles up the genes."

Everything is energy - including us. Life is the interaction of magnetic vibrational fields and our evolution is subject to the cosmos, not random selection. There have been peak sunspot emissions and coronal mass ejections in 2012 so it's little surprise humankind is awakening.

Unlike Darwin, the Maya, ancient Hindus and Hopi Indians recognised evolution/time as cyclical. There is overwhelming global, physical evidence that vast, advanced civilisations preceded us: the technology in which to create, many of today's engineers assert we do not possess.

Off the coast of Yonaguni Japan, India and Cuba there are giant sunken megalithic sites and pyramidal structures. In Bosnia Europe's first pyramid was discovered and dated to 10,000 years plus. Geologist Dr Robert Schoch has accurately dated the Sphinx to be 7-9,000BC - throwing our mainstream historical timeline into chaos and in need of serious re-writing.

Despite our spiritually-impotent, techno-worshipping race's arrogance that we're the height of all that's ever been, we are not actually the apex of human evolution, as Darwin's linear theory would have us believe. Primordial soup was never our ancestor. Dr Lummaa's archaic suggestion we should, "look back to the hunter-gatherer days of humans" to understand ourselves is dangerously reductionist. Yes the past can inform us, but by limiting our evolutionary learning using an old-world paradigm will only hinder progress. We can waste time searching for Darwin's 'missing link', but it will never be found.

And this is why no one should publish science articles written by fashion designers. At least all the comments are awesome and totally rip her bullshit to shreds.

Here's one of my favorites:

Misty Perry posted:

Primords of alming global source of all creation. Lightened, evolving just logical, thereligious - cal fields of almost 6,000 years plus. Germany states beent human-ression. The self is batheory, make a surselves we bought into the Darwinism whereby to Hollywooperation notely dated the Sphysical only hinder physics.

Look! I can make up words too, and it still makes more sense thant this article

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

quote:

Obama leading U.S. to a socialist state

I hate to say we told you so, but we told you so.

Socialized medicine has become a reality. Can anyone be so naive as to believe that we can add 30 million to the health-care rolls without rationing or bankrupting or country?

Obama has made radical appointments without Congress' approval. Auto companies have been bailed out.

We are beginning to see things happen just as they did in Russia, China, etc.

Will America ignore the evidence again? Obama has been laying the foundation of a socialist state. Will the United Socialist States of America become a reality?

Some will repeat their mistakes of 2008. Let's pray that they will be few.

JACK WILLIAMS

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Mo Tzu posted:

There are in fact people who think that Planned Parenthood is somehow pushing women to have abortions in order to make a profit. These are people who have been lied to, but who want to believe the lie anyway. It's pretty awful and part of why the "pro-life" movement is hosed up.

Let's not get into the exaggerations and lies that the pro-life movement tells on purpose to stop abortions daily:

- fetal pain
- abortions cause breast cancer
- the pill causes birth defects and abnormalities in women
- Planned Parenthood wants to abort black babies (this is especially crazy)
- since Margaret Sanger believed in Eugenics, abortion providers are Eugenicists by default

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

a foolish pianist posted:

From the Chronicle of Higher Education's Brainstorm Blog, by Naomi Schaefer Riley:

EDIT: forgot the URL - http://chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/the-most-persuasive-case-for-eliminating-black-studies-just-read-the-dissertations/46346

She has been let go:
http://chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/a-note-to-readers/46608

It constantly amazes me that serious places will hire a right wing hatchet person to somehow address issues of ideological diversity and then act surprised when they act out. There are actual serious conservative scholars around the country. Why bother with people who are just looking to professionally "troll?"

Especially since for these people being fired from an academic or academic-related (in this case) is actually a good career move. I am sure Ms. Riley will use the "being fired from CHE" as her calling card and as proof of how academics are all out to get conservatives.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

joepinetree posted:

She has been let go:
http://chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/a-note-to-readers/46608

Cue angry conservatives calling petition-signers fascists and lamenting the fact that the Chronicle caved into "liberal peer-pressure" in the comments.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

colonelslime posted:

Cue angry conservatives calling petition-signers fascists and lamenting the fact that the Chronicle caved into "liberal peer-pressure" in the comments.

You rang? http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/mob-quad_644237.html

Chandragupta
Sep 2, 2009

colonelslime posted:

I wonder if she will come to regret mentioning that she never read the dissertations. That fact alone makes the piece brainless and mean spirited, something which should be no where near what appears to be an academia focused publication. I would hope that conservatives would take note of her methods before they rush to publish her columns.

Chandragupta fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
So that racist NY Post columnist played the "black people are the real racists!" card

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/05/phil_mushnick_o_1.php

a racist dickbag posted:

Such obvious, wishful and ignorant mischaracterizations of what I write are common. I don't call black men the N-word; I don't regard young women as bitches and whores; I don't glorify the use of assault weapons and drugs. Jay-Z, on the other hand.....Is he the only NBA owner allowed to call black men N---ers?"

Jay-Z profits from the worst and most sustaining self-enslaving stereotypes of black-American culture and I'M the racist? Some truths, I guess, are just hard to read, let alone think about.

edit: this is basically exactly what I pictured this douchebag looking like in my head. I bet he always has that smarmy expression on his face.

• Locked thread