Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sba posted:

I'm lucky enough to have all 3 UD 1/1's that were made of Morozov. You'd laugh your balls off at what I paid for them, but I've got them!

I am missing a handful of his cards to have one of everything, but I've pretty much given up on finding them at this point.

Here's a lovely cellphone pic, don't have a scanner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Today I learned, Panini Donruss Elite is terrible.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I am jealous. Also I apologize to dark wolf for the picture I emailed him.

I know btp is giving away a redemption for each box opened at the show this weekend

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

I am jealous. Also I apologize to dark wolf for the picture I emailed him.

I know btp is giving away a redemption for each box opened at the show this weekend

I'm looking forward to going to the fall show. Can't make it out to this one though...

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Holy gently caress Elite sucks rear end. Even without the missing case hit, it was terrible. Also, Ashe, you got a better card from your 1 pack than I got in 12 boxes worth hahahaha:suicide:

Do not expect this product in any of my breaks. Contenders better be loving good. Elite is Zenith levels of terrible.

e: Even the Biznasty social signatures is a redemption. So bad.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 3, 2012

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Surmy posted:

Today I learned, Panini Donruss Elite is terrible.

darkwolf220 posted:

Holy gently caress Elite sucks rear end. Even without the missing case hit, it was terrible. Also, Ashe, you got a better card from your 1 pack than I got in 12 boxes worth hahahaha:suicide:

Do not expect this product in any of my breaks. Contenders better be loving good. Elite is Zenith levels of terrible.

What happened?

I was out all day, and saw none of it opened.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

AsInHowe posted:

What happened?

For example, Darkwolf didn't get a single real Phoenix hit. At all. He got two pararells and that's it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rutkowski posted:

For example, Darkwolf didn't get a single real Phoenix hit. At all. He got two pararells and that's it.

Where did Darkwolf break everything?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

^^ I didn't break, this was just someone else's we jumped in on. I got the Yotes and Caps. Got 2 die cut yotes parallels, 1 caps die cut parallel and a couple OV elite series inserts. Not bad for $115 :stare:

AsInHowe posted:

What happened?

Terrible coalation, i think 1 case was 3 or 4 Denis Savard autos. 1 patch for the case, 1 dual auto (Howard/Maccullum redemption) Gobs of random parallel die cuts and inserts. Oh, and a patch-sized spacer card with a patch window cut in it. Going to be talking to panini about that.

It was just a bad set. They treat the single-jersey prime numbers piece as a every other box level hit. The set really is worse than Certified and CR, at $30-40 more a box.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

^^ I didn't break, this was just someone else's we jumped in on. I got the Yotes and Caps. Got 2 die cut yotes parallels, 1 caps die cut parallel and a couple OV elite series inserts. Not bad for $115 :stare:

Terrible coalation, i think 1 case was 3 or 4 Denis Savard autos. 1 patch for the case, 1 dual auto (Howard/Maccullum redemption) Gobs of random parallel die cuts and inserts. Oh, and a patch-sized spacer card with a patch window cut in it. Going to be talking to panini about that.

It was just a bad set. They treat the single-jersey prime numbers piece as a every other box level hit. The set really is worse than Certified and CR, at $30-40 more a box.

Wow, that is terrible. Looks like I'll be blowing this stuff out, all summer long...

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Wow, that is terrible. Looks like I'll be blowing this stuff out, all summer long...

Remember Pinnacle last year? $100/box Pinnacle.... This is almost as bad at the cost.

Zenith is really the only set I can think of that is decidedly worse than this, and at least that had interesting inserts and jumbo cards.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Remember Pinnacle last year? $100/box Pinnacle.... This is almost as bad at the cost.

Zenith is really the only set I can think of that is decidedly worse than this, and at least that had interesting inserts and jumbo cards.

Pinnacle last year actually was popular, once the price went down. Patches and stuff move things along (and having Datsyuk on the packs helped some).

Elite looked like it could be a dud, and those suspicions were right.

Also, congratulations to Panini and Upper Deck for delaying all their hockey products back so far that Detroit, Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and all the Canadian teams were already done for the year. Way to drive those sales, you guys.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Which Cap did you get die-cut?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

So how do the card show box open things at card shows work? I saw a bunch of dudes just opening crazy boxes of stuff at tables but couldnt figure out what was happening/

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Gunjin posted:

Which Cap did you get die-cut?

I honestly don't remember. I want to say Carlson, but I am not sure.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Paul Coffey posted:

So how do the card show box open things at card shows work? I saw a bunch of dudes just opening crazy boxes of stuff at tables but couldnt figure out what was happening/

It's good to check with whatever company you want to buy first to see what qualifies for a redemption and that they still have some. Then you just head to any dealer and buy the box from them and take it over to the company's booth to open it up, and they give you your card. They're generally nice people who flip out when you pull cool stuff.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Schremp Howard posted:

It's good to check with whatever company you want to buy first to see what qualifies for a redemption and that they still have some. Then you just head to any dealer and buy the box from them and take it over to the company's booth to open it up, and they give you your card. They're generally nice people who flip out when you pull cool stuff.

Really they just watch you open hockey cards and give you stuff? Thats nice I guess. Im gonna take my kid on Sunday and try and get a Jordan Eberle card with his signature on it...

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Paul Coffey posted:

Really they just watch you open hockey cards and give you stuff? Thats nice I guess. Im gonna take my kid on Sunday and try and get a Jordan Eberle card with his signature on it...

Yeah, they give you free promotional packs based on what you buy. So if you like, open a box of Pinnacle, they might give you 2 bonus packs, but if you open a box of Crown Royale they might give you 4. That kind of thing. Good luck, hope you get some sweet Oilers swag

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Does anyone here want the following:

10-11 Ultimate Autographed Rookie - Alexander Burmistrov
10-11 Luxury Suite auto-patch RC - Oliver Ekman-Larsson

11-12 Crown Royale auto RC - Mark Schiefele

I've got a lot of things from almost every team, and would love to move some of thise stuff along.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

10-11 Luxury Suite auto-patch RC - Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Yes, very much so. Anything in particular you look for as a trade?

Surmy
May 25, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

10-11 Ultimate Autographed Rookie - Alexander Burmistrov

What kind of price/what are you looking for in trade?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rutkowski posted:

Yes, very much so. Anything in particular you look for as a trade?

Surmy posted:

What kind of price/what are you looking for in trade?

I'm looking for $15 on the OEK and $20 on the Burmistrov, plus $2 for shipping.

Right now, I'm mainly just looking to sell, as I'm saving up for sets to come out, with the only rookies I'm chasing in later releases (Carl Hagelin, Gustav Nyquist).

Let me know, so I can put them up elsewhere. I'll also find more stuff to sell/trade later on.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 3, 2012

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Alright, 17. You still got my shipping address?

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 3, 2012

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ

AsInHowe posted:

11-12 Crown Royale auto RC - Mark Schiefele

What were you thinking on this one?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

lloyol posted:

What were you thinking on this one?

$20 plus shipping.Rutkowski, I do have your address, do you have my Paypal address?

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ
Can I get back to you on the weekend? I'm watching five ebay auctions right now and they end in a few days. I don't expect to win all of them but I want to make I don't over commit to other things.

However, if I lose out, where can I look at your inventory? I had your eBay ID but I lost it.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

I added the adress to the paypal message I sent earlier today, I had your paypal since the first box break.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
It's okay guys, Between The Pipes is out now. Everything is better.

Also, does anyone make any custom cards like I do? I got this in recently:

I also plan on sending out this

(Design preview)

And this to Serj Tankian.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I thought about making custom cards recently. Do you still send them through the mail? And what do you print them on?

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Boinks posted:

I thought about making custom cards recently. Do you still send them through the mail? And what do you print them on?

Yes, TTM, or Through The Mail is one way, another is In Person, although if it's across the country or world that's a little unlikely.

I've gotten Peter Stastny, Nail Yakupov, Curtis Joseph, Johnny Bower (One of the Best TTMers out there) and Tim Thomas from a previous set.

I used to get them printed out of state in a Texas based printing company that uses actual printing plates instead of ink and toner printing. It's a bit pricier, but the results are so worth it if you ask me.

I also made this with some home die cutting. It's currently at a contact's place in Dallas waiting to be signed.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Sucks about the typo on the last one there. How come you make your own cards?

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Paul Coffey posted:

Sucks about the typo on the last one there. How come you make your own cards?

Yeah, I hate printing them out and seeing a typo. Bugs me to no end.

When I collect cards, the design of them really factors into it. This way, I can control the designs. I can get the same things I like, autograph, stick, jersey, patch, etc, into a design I like.

Plus I have a lot of free time since the Avs aren't in the playoffs.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

That's crazy. I didn't even know that was a thing to do

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
There's a whole Mini community out there of people who just design and make customs. A large majority will remain on the computer forever but everyy now and then some will make it out to be printed and assembled. Also it gives ideas for cards that haven't been made yet, either from the absurd (Game Used Ice trapped in a card) or the possible but not yet done (Say, a set for a team showcasing off each of the jerseys in it's history, home, away, alt, RBK home away alt,etc).

Surmy
May 25, 2010

For anyone at the sports card expo this weekend. You should take a look at the players collected by people in this thread on the first page, take note and pick up cool trade bait ;)

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Below are a few brief lists of players/teams that each of our regular users collect:

If you want to be added to this list, please post your personal collected players and I will update.

Jonathan Quick, Dustin Penner

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Bought 3 packs of Certified tonight. Got a Carey Price jersey /99 (white) and a James Reimer dual prime Masked Marvels /25 (blue and white, go figure).

Also got a gold parallel /25 of some Canadien. I think BigTits. Not a bad night. Hopefully it carries over to Sunday :toot:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Bought a box of Upper Deck Series 2 11-12 yesterday and got some stuff, most notably a Krüger rookie patch but also some other such as a black and colorless Carter patch(so a regular Carter then) and an Antti Niemi numbered sticker auto.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
You didn't happen to get a Dimitry Orlov canvas YG by any chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Pretty sure I didn't, I'll check in a minute.

EDIT: Nope, no Orlov. Sorry. =/

• Locked thread