Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

razorrozar posted:

That's like comparing The Matrix to The Green Mile. Both great movies, but there's no question which is better.

...the Matrix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

um can you guys spoiler those answers please

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Chill your pills about Homestuck until Karkat starts messaging Tails and Gamzee shows up with Vriska and Tavros in a garbage bag.

Here's another good pre-TGT thing, Lazerbot's "pot head smokers" trilogy:

These are from 2009. Real Vintage Lazerbot.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 6, 2012

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

thoughs eyes

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

nerdbot posted:

Chill your pills about Homestuck until Karkat starts messaging Tails and Gamzee shows up with Vriska and Tavros in a garbage bag.

Here's another good pre-TGT thing, Lazerbot's "pot head smokers" trilogy:

I love how Goku is kneeling down so he can fit in the picture.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope when Lazerbot wraps TGT up we get spin-off comics about random characters from random series doing poo poo.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
I don't think anyone's posted Lazerbot's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003768491308

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Goatse Master posted:

I don't think anyone's posted Lazerbot's facebook page:
Yeah, because we're not creepy stalkers, idiot.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

JazzFlight posted:

e: Still. :colbert:

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 7, 2012

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

JazzFlight posted:

but clearly says he is Lazerbot, and 5/7 of his posts so far are "do you like TGT" and "what do you like about TGT" (the other 2 posts are "This is my first post, welcome fans" and "I made this so people would stop getting confused")

This is more of a fan page than a personal page. he probably didn't know how to set one of those up.

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 6, 2012

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Relax, it really just looks like a fan page.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Click the drat link before you post. It's a fan page, idiot.
E: Also, goons are absolutely creepy stalkers.

first move tengen fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 6, 2012

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Goatse Master posted:

Click the drat link before you post. It's a fan page, idiot.
E: Also, goons are absolutely creepy stalkers.
Alright, alright...
Although it does list (what I assume is) his real name up on top.

I figured anything to keep goons from finding out too much personal info is a good thing.

EDIT: Ack, now that I looked on his deviantart account, it looks like he posts a link to that facebook page in his signature.
Welp, I guess any heat that he brings from that is kinda on his own head.

Apologies, Goatse Master.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 6, 2012

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

quote:

Hell yeah, Donkey Kong Universe represent.

EDIT: Kool-Aid man hasn't even gained the Mangekyou Sharingan yet? Lame.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Kool-Aid man has Sharingan eyes. After reading this comic, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

nerdbot posted:

What the gently caress is here comes cask doing hanging out with Goku and Bowser? And smoking pot? This won't go over well in the pink forum.

Nickelodeon Household fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 6, 2012

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

nerdbot posted:

No kool-aid man don't! Those pot heads will try and drink you when they're high.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

The Super-Id posted:

No kool-aid man don't! Those pot heads will try and drink you when they're high.
See all those red eyes? They are already under his illusion technique. Sharingan Kool-aid man is pretty high tier.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Goatse Master posted:

I don't think anyone's posted Lazerbot's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003768491308

Lazerbot posted:

i am the creature of tails gets trolled this is my first facebook bitches
Oh, Lazerbot. :allears:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

razorrozar posted:

That's like comparing The Matrix to The Green Mile. Both great movies, but there's no question which is better.

I guess it's a question of whether you prefer Kung-Fu action Jesus or sad and stuck in jail Jesus.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Do you guys ever wonder how Lazey b is going to feel fifteen years down the line? Seriously, how does it effect a person to look back, see they created Tails Gets Trolled and know that hundreds of people read and enjoyed it?

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Do you guys ever wonder how Lazey b is going to feel fifteen years down the line? Seriously, how does it effect a person to look back, see they created Tails Gets Trolled and know that hundreds of people read and enjoyed it?

That's a pretty horrifying prospect, come to think of it; that no matter how much he improves as an author or an artist down the line, nothing he creates will ever outshine his insane mspaint revenge fantasy fanfic in popularity. This is his magnum opus, the one thing everyone will remember him for, and it came far too early in his career.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Calico Heart posted:

Considering he'll be swimming in millions from royalties, he'll be fine :getin:

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Calico Heart posted:

He's touched us all in some way. Every day I wake up, and look for a new page in the TGT saga. Lazerbot, I hope you get a writer's spot at Dynamite or Marvel or something. You'll do great bro.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Calico Heart posted:

He is going to feel the same way everyone feels about their entire adolescence: absolutely loving mortified.

Jazz and Liquor
Jul 2, 2011

by angerbot

Nilbop posted:

He is going to feel the same way everyone feels about their entire adolescence: absolutely loving mortified.

Basically. But he's as well-adjusted as he is eccentric, so he'll be spending a lot of time in the future saying "Well, it's not really like TGT, but it does explore some similar themes."

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,

Rather Dashing posted:

The Green Mile?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Tacostein posted:

Triple H lies!!!!!!

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Zoinker posted:

That's a pretty horrifying prospect, come to think of it; that no matter how much he improves as an author or an artist down the line, nothing he creates will ever outshine his insane mspaint revenge fantasy fanfic in popularity. This is his magnum opus, the one thing everyone will remember him for, and it came far too early in his career.

I disagree with this. This is just a fallacious appeal to ignorance. You're assuming that there's no possibility his future work could actually be better. Without seeing the future work (and its reception), it's impossible to make this statement.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Danzou posted:

See all those red eyes? They are already under his illusion technique. Sharingan Kool-aid man is pretty high tier.

The phrase "high-tier" just makes me wish to God that a TGT fighting game existed.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

TwoPair posted:

The phrase "high-tier" just makes me wish to God that a TGT fighting game existed.

Troll King would be broken as poo poo though. Probably better as a final boss.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

spregalia posted:

I disagree with this. This is just a fallacious appeal to ignorance. You're assuming that there's no possibility his future work could actually be better. Without seeing the future work (and its reception), it's impossible to make this statement.

I didn't say better, I meant more popular. I'm 100% confident that with sufficient study and practice Lazerbot can leverage his innate abilities as a storyteller to create something of objectively much greater quality than TGT, but that doesn't mean he'll have an easy time moving away from his first success and establishing himself as something else than "the guy who made 'Tails Gets Trolled'".

Of course, I still hope I'm wrong and that the whole thing gives Lazerbot enough confidence to nurture his talent and make even greater things.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

TwoPair posted:

Make a SSBB hack, that would work, the community is bad enough for rage fests that would go well with the TGT experience

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Calico Heart posted:

Troll King would be broken as poo poo though. Probably better as a final boss.

Final boss and secret unlockable.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Calico Heart posted:

If I had written Tails Gets Trolled, I'd feel drat proud of myself. The characters are plagiarized and the art is awful, but the characterization, pacing, and story are way ahead of the curve. He's better than most authors.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Let's be honest here, the art is way ahead of the curve too He could be making sprite comics for god sakes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing is still Woodstock. "I'm gonna teach you how to dodge bullets, then gonna go smoke a joint take a nap and poo poo." He's awesome.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

change my name posted:

Let's be honest here, the art is way ahead of the curve too He could be making sprite comics for god sakes.

It's sort of nice to see Lazerbot's art improve over the course of the comic. He's not a GREAT artist, but he's trying and showing improvement and I find that really nice and encouraging.

I would love for Andrew Dobson to know that a kid with a bizarre Looney Tunes/Hulk/Sonic/Batman/Trix Rabbit/Pac-Man crossover fancomic involving internet troll murder is more leagues more worthwhile as an artist than him.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Final boss and secret unlockable.

The way i'm seein' it is:

Starting characters:
Tails
Sonic (later unlockable Dark and Super Sonic costumes)
Knuckles
Shadow
Alex (Emo Troll)
Mario
Teemo
Weird Eye Troll who is actually a defender who doesn't have a name (unlockable defenders outfit)

Unlockables (in order of unlock!):
Hulk
Rob
Silver
Luigi (with alternate Mr. L costime!)
Vector (unlockable eyepatch)
Emerl
Tall Troll
Fudd (unlockable troll face mask)
Bowser
Pac-Man (unlockable sad face when realising dragon balls are a myth)
Troll King (A toned down version from the final boss)

Boss-Only characters:
Eggman
Kario
Troll Dragonborn
Lightning Troll
Troll King

Stages:
Troll Slaiyers Hideout
Justin Beaver Concert
Troll King Cave
Troll City
Defenders HQ
Badlands (Teemo mountain incident)
Kario's House
Neutral's Satanic Church

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's way too soon to make this game, though. We have to wait until the comic is finished so we can include all the characters and stages and reflect the work as accurately as possible.

Also, one phrase. Tails Gets Trolled: The Movie.