Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tollymain posted:

This looks like a reference to laughinggirls.jpg :v::allears:

Looks a lot like ~easy modo~ to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Tollymain posted:

Is this something I should look up?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a 4chan meme. Just look it up on knowyourmeme or something, it's safe. Usually. Goddamn 4chan :mad:

E: Oh dear what has happened to Robot and Reynardine

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 4, 2012

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Looks like Kat's going on a special adventure into Zimmy's World of Crazy.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Looks like a reference back to this bonus page. Wonder how significant that is?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Look at Kat, all acting like she'll go pro ice because she's in a raw situation.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, that sleep/frozen/whatever thing's a more controlled use of Zimmy's abilities than I thought possible.

Also, the colours of this chapter are freaking me out.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I see Kat is becoming more comfortable with commanding her robot army to subjugate her opponents.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
City Face is totally knocking this role out of the park. Ever since his debut in the original City Face I could tell he was going places.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Carbon monoxide, the silent killer :(

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I presume this means Kat is the only one who's actually in the dream, or at least the only one in this part of it.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Maybe none of last few strips happened in the real world, and we are currently seeing one of Kat's nightmares? It would make all of the weird elements fit in.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Iceclaw posted:

Maybe none of last few strips happened in the real world, and we are currently seeing one of Kat's nightmares? It would make all of the weird elements fit in.

I don't think City Face sitting on her head would be a "nightmare".

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
It would make sense for this to be some Kat-based reality. After all, Gamma said that "she" needed Zimmy's help rather than "Annie" and in this strip is saying "do you want me to help" rather than "do you want me to help her". Both kind of generic statements that could be interpreted either way. That would also explain how Zimmy was able to enter the room undetected.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Iceclaw posted:

Maybe not a full-blown nightmare, but rather a collection of anxieties that have been weighing heavily on her mind lately? Either way, I do think that this being a dream or mental world would explain all the weird things happening.

I guess we'll only know for sure when Jeanne emerges from Annie's scar, and then Annie bursts into flames. Kat won't be able to handle it and just floats away, noting that she is developing a fondness for corpulent women.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
KatXZimmyXGamma???

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Zenzirouj posted:

KatXZimmyXGamma???
http://gunnerkrigg.com/zimmy.html

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tupperwarez posted:

I guess we'll only know for sure when Jeanne emerges from Annie's scar, and then Annie bursts into flames. Kat won't be able to handle it and just floats away, noting that she is developing a fondness for corpulent women.

HOW DOES SHE KNOW???

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Cowcaster posted:

Carbon monoxide, the silent killer :(

ahahahaha

I really like the head pigeon that shows Kat's thoughts. I want to see what other people have on their heads.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Tollymain posted:

>SHE STILL USES A BLINKER STONE

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

Parts Kit posted:

Been meaning to post this since Plan Theta and Divine were posted, didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but I think someone will still enjoy it.

It is so delightfully absurd, I am sorely tempted. Either that or the "What things?" with Kat+CityFace. Decisions, decisions.

I just bought the CourtLogo and CityFace t-shirts for my birthday today, so a Gunnerkrigg avatar would be appropriate, I suppose?

OnTopic: No other webcomic forces me to reevaluate my appraisal of its internal reality so often while remaining totally self-consistent. Outstanding.
So... parallel personal dimension? Dreamworld? Zimmy's expertise is in the former, right?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ecureuilmatrix posted:

So... parallel personal dimension? Dreamworld? Zimmy's expertise is in the former, right?

Both at once, kinda? Zimmy's subconcious/dreams mess with reality itself.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So whatever Zimmy's doing, she needs Gamma to be away.

Gamma keeps Zimmy's... Zimmy-ness... at bay. So this is gonna get weird and scary, fast.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I don't know what is going on, but I like it. :3:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This is bound to get really weird really quickly.

Though I wonder if the head-pigeon is a thing Zimmy can always see or if it' somehow triggered by the circumstances.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
So I guess Zimmy actually is learning how to control her powers after all. Interesting.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
That was definitely a "good luck and/or good bye!" hand pat.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Zimmy keeps looking very comfortable/confident in all these pages. Is she actually Zimmy? Then again, trolling Kat is Zimmy-like. Maybe she is just really looking forward to messing with her head?

I just find suspicious how relaxed Zimmy looks at this apparent crisis. Especially looking at the first few pages of freaky panic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wili posted:

Zimmy keeps looking very comfortable/confident in all these pages. Is she actually Zimmy?

Given how she looks when Gamma's leaving, I'm certainly going with real Zimmy.

Plus it's pretty Zimmy-like to be smug when she has the upper hand over someone.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Poor Kat looks so tired in that second panel. :ohdear:

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Zimmy, Gamma, and Kat are just so adorable in this page. :3:

(Well, uh. I think that's who they are. We are in a Zimmy chapter, after all.)

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Literally Sharks posted:

(Well, uh. I think that's who they are. We are in a Zimmy chapter, after all.)

All Eglamore, all the time.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Geekner posted:

:swoon:

I wouldn't mind.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I think Zimmy might've changed Kat's question in her telepathic translation--she's been known to mislead Gamma before, after all. On the other hand, I guess that's a vaguely appropriate reaction to the question, for Gamma.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
You know, maybe we should reassess Zimmy's mean mistranslations - perhaps she translated what people truly thought, instead of what they said.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Fangz posted:

You know, maybe we should reassess Zimmy's mean mistranslations - perhaps she translated what people truly thought, instead of what they said.

But that would mean that everyone really does think Gamma is stupid and ugly and I don't wanna think about that :ohdear:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Fangz posted:

Nah, Zimmy is pretty clearly a broken person and desperate to do whatever she thinks will keep Gamma with her. I kind of doubt the girls are horrible enough to think Gamma is ugly and stupid after having just met her: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=455

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Perestroika posted:

Though I wonder if the head-pigeon is a thing Zimmy can always see or if it' somehow triggered by the circumstances.

Zimmy knows just what to say to strike Kat's insecurities the first time they meet back in Chapter 4 ("big nose!"). You could just write this off as Kat being particularly sensitive (she cries when she reads Batman after all) but it's also possible that part of Zimmy's telepathy is the ability to see people's mental weak points.

In fact, when she tells Gamma that everyone thinks she's ugly, she's probably reading Gamma's insecurities so she knows exactly what to say to keep Gamma from abandoning her.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I thought this was a pretty sweet frame, so I made a thing:

I wish the transition was smoother, but I already had trouble keeping it under the size limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Keep in mind that if this is a dreamworld, it's possible that Zimmy and Gamma are still standing right next to each other.

Geekner posted:

Kuros posted:

:swoon:

I wouldn't mind.

I'd been hanging onto these, but since you mentioned: