Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ladies.

I was tempted ask who that guy was in those avatars, but that is quickly becoming the Boxbot of Gunnerkrigg jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

idonotlikepeas posted:

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Rasamune posted:

This is perfect.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
From

to http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1015

At what age did Eggers start dying his hair black!?

Also I'm now officially a Patron of the Arts which makes me feel like way more sophisticated, but didn't go through to the wallpaper download page. How does one amend this?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

immortal flow posted:

At what age did Eggers start dying his hair black!?

My hair looked similar to that color in my early teens, but it's now almost jet black in my mid-20s. Maybe the same thing happened to him :iiam:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

idonotlikepeas posted:

EglamoreJimmy Jims subscribes to the Jotaro Kujo school of posture.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Niton posted:

My hair looked similar to that color in my early teens, but it's now almost jet black in my mid-20s. Maybe the same thing happened to him :iiam:

It's actually a pretty common occurrence for some people. It just darkens and darkens until it's no longer what anyone could describe as brown.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Yeah, my hair was practically white until I was 7 or 8 and then it turned light brown/dirty blonde depending who you ask.

On topic, I'm really excited to see where this goes. I feel like it's gotta be a Zimmy dream or something, what with the talking pigeons and everything.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Saoshyant posted:

It's actually a pretty common occurrence for some people. It just darkens and darkens until it's no longer what anyone could describe as brown.

No only did my hair get darker and darker as I got older, it got curlier as well.

I'd like to learn more about Gamma, actually. How did she get to the Court from Poland(?)? How does she dampen Zimmy's powers?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

No only did my hair get darker and darker as I got older, it got curlier as well.

I'd like to learn more about Gamma, actually. How did she get to the Court from Poland(?)? How does she dampen Zimmy's powers?

Didn't Tom say that Gamma is the daughter of Polish immigrants to Birmingham?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Parahexavoctal posted:

Didn't Tom say that Gamma is the daughter of Polish immigrants to Birmingham?

Unlikely to have lived long in (and much less born on) the UK, though, considering she doesn't even know basic English.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well that's just awesome.

I hope Tom has a go at auctioning some this time, sees how it goes.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

fffffffffffuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I don't know if the wall being almost the same color as the center of the portrait is awesome, or if you should just repaint the wall and possibly redo the color scheme of the whole room. Anything to make Coyote happy.

illie
Jan 13, 2011

It couldn't be a true Coyote House unless it was constantly moving, shifting, and changing colors. Also, giggling.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I would buy that and paint the rest of my wall to match like in that picture.

Tom, when you sell these online you better wear earplugs because I will personally throw money at you so fast it breaks the sound barrier.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It gets worse (better)

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I must design a MULTIPURPOSE CONVEYANCE DEVICE to provide currency transit across the ocean and return with this painting.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

It gets worse (better)

you can just go right to hell you motherfucker

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Zenzirouj posted:

Are you just saying these things because he's showing you pictures of paintings you'll probably never own?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Probably, I know I had a visceral "oooh I want that" reaction when I saw the photo.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Zenzirouj posted:

For the record, he doesn't own these. Nor does he own that awesome blue wall. They are pictures from Tom's tumblr.

They are canvases for the London MCM convention.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

For the record, he doesn't own these. Nor does he own that awesome blue wall. They are pictures from Tom's tumblr.

They are canvases for the London MCM convention.
Man I wish I owned that blue wall.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I'm angry, angry about Tom not selling these on Ebay for megabucks.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That last panel of the new page is beautiful. The contrasted shading styles is wonderful, and Zim Zimmer's shadow are cool. I am also wondering what the hell is up with Annie.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Are those coyote colours appearing in Zim Zimmer's hair?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The last panel reminds me of how Coyote preserved the body of Reynard.

I've been looking for that comic for the past seven minutes.

Edit: Found it!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 9, 2012

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Look at the quality of that last panel. It's almost as if Tom has had extra time to work on the comic!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Daaaaaaaamn that is a really gorgeous final panel.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Well that's... that's interesting. Why would the forest (or not being in the forest) be making Annie sick?

Or perhaps Annie is just sick and dreaming about the forest, though I'd expect a Zimmy-dream to have more relevance than that.

Also, like everyone else said, the art is great. The dirt on Zimmy's sleeve is a great detail.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

though I'd expect a Zimmy-dream to have more relevance than that.

If it was a Zimmy-dream wouldn't she have her Birmingham clothes on? She's still in her normal outfit in the forest.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Well that's... that's interesting. Why would the forest (or not being in the forest) be making Annie sick?

I think the court hospital and her connection to the forest are keeping Annie alive. We know that a body could be kept alive through special means even without a soul present. Just look at Reynard.

Then again I'm the guy who argued that Jones wasn't a soul-less golom because goloms weighed less and had personalities.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
Zim zimmer? Dammit, Tom, I hadn't thought of this song in like 10 years.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

It gets worse (better)

I really hope these two are being sold as a pair.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Isorenieratane posted:

Are those coyote colours appearing in Zim Zimmer's hair?
Annie's hair.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

A student posted:

The last panel reminds me of how Coyote preserved the body of Reynard.

I've been looking for that comic for the past seven minutes.

Edit: Found it!

Now that you mention it, Annie's colours look a little dull (not just the face, but the hair as well).

Maybe she's just gone to practice with coyote in the ethereal world for a while

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Migishu posted:

Now that you mention it, Annie's colours look a little dull (not just the face, but the hair as well).

Maybe she's just gone to practice with coyote in the ethereal world for a while

If that's the case, it's not very considerate of her to not tell Kat first. <:mad:>

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Roger Explosion posted:

Look at the quality of that last panel. It's almost as if Tom has had extra time to work on the comic!
I don't think it's been long enough since he went full time for him to get through the buffer up to what he's drawn since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illie
Jan 13, 2011

I've loved Gunnerkrigg's art since the beginning, football-head Annie and all (in fact, I think that early art was pretty distinctive and had a lot of charm on its own) but the comic's really been looking extra fabulous lately. I can't wait for Weird Zimmy Imagery. :allears: