Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CapnAndy posted:

If a robot wants to self-identify as female I dunno why y'all genderists got such a problem with it :colbert:

A self-identifying android-to-gynoid robosexual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rirse posted:

I see Subway is back to their usual "if you don't eat Subway, YOUR INSTANTLY FAT" ads again. :fuckoff:

I think the message is dumb but I'm not gonna lie I crack up at the montage of people busting out of poo poo.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

vyst posted:

I think the message is dumb but I'm not gonna lie I crack up at the montage of people busting out of poo poo.

I gotta admit, the dude's shirt button skipping across the lake and then the other guy laughing at him just before his lawn chair collapses? Gets me every time.

Still, gently caress Subway.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's a radio ad but there's a Taco Bell one going around where they quote fake twitter people talking about their tacos and ugh. I seriously want to punch whoever thought it was a good idea and double punch whoever thought it would be quirky and totally hip to have one of the 'twitter people' claim the taco was like riding a unicorn or some other stupid currently cool way the kids talk these days poo poo.

I am angry about cheap tacos.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's a radio ad but there's a Taco Bell one going around where they quote fake twitter people talking about their tacos and ugh. I seriously want to punch whoever thought it was a good idea and double punch whoever thought it would be quirky and totally hip to have one of the 'twitter people' claim the taco was like riding a unicorn or some other stupid currently cool way the kids talk these days poo poo.

It's on TV too, and it shows people biting into that abomination. I also believe it was something like "kissing a unicorn while under an epic rainbow" or something like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My local Hyundai dealership is the king of bad radio ads. They've been using "Don't Worry Be Happy" as their theme song for the past few years and it's made me hate the song all over again. Their current ad uses a soundbyte of Dave Hester from Storage Wars screaming "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!" about 6 times in 30 seconds. It's worse than I can possibly explain.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

For some reason I'm reminded of the Wendy's radio commercial which has testimonials from "real" people like Reno Kenosi and Christian Corea. Those are the most made-up-sounding names I have ever heard.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I love Subways, I could eat their sandwiches six times a day, but goddamn do their commercials blow. :stare:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

vyst posted:

Please tell me this is Patrick Cox with his huge massive beard and a santa hat on because that would be super.

It was, yes. With poorly-superimposed falling snow.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Rhyno posted:

My local Hyundai dealership is the king of bad radio ads. They've been using "Don't Worry Be Happy" as their theme song for the past few years and it's made me hate the song all over again. Their current ad uses a soundbyte of Dave Hester from Storage Wars screaming "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!" about 6 times in 30 seconds. It's worse than I can possibly explain.

hahahahaha that sounds like the best worst commercial. I feel so sorry for you.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I wish they could stop advertisers from saying "Buy now and get one free! just pay full shipping and handling".

If you have to pay anything, it's not "free".

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wish they could stop advertisers from saying "Buy now and get one free! just pay full shipping and handling".

If you have to pay anything, it's not "free".
I've actually heard "get the shiny new flibdibbit for only the cost of shipping and handling" so that's some improvement, I guess.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Robots aren't female, they're robots! Which is why putting tits on them is weird :arghfist::mad:

For robots that are voiced by men they don't go around sticking a big metal dick on them, do they?
:eng101: The equivalent of a robot with a female physique is a robot with a male physique. Aka... pretty much the majority of humanoid robots.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bayer is continuing their stupid "aspirin is for pain????" theme. Now with a hip young guy declaring "aspirin is OLD SCHOOL." Really?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's funny because I think they have to be careful about which Twitter accounts they quote (I mean even though they're probably fake).

:v: "Sandusky69 says the new Doritos Taco is like a party in your mouth. In the shower."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's a radio ad but there's a Taco Bell one going around where they quote fake twitter people talking about their tacos and ugh.

Oh god, yeah, that one is particularly infuriating. Especially the line "I think i'm gonna cry, yo.".

Despite the fact that it's clearly a bullshit Twitter account being quoted, in reality, if the taste of lovely faux preprocessed Mexican food bring a tear of joy to your eye, then you should immediately douse yourself in kerosene and then flick a Zippo.

And if you say you're gonna cry, don't you dare follow that up with "yo". You're not a cholo and never will be. Stop it.

A more realistic Taco Bell commcercial would feature someone laying down on the couch after eating the Taco Bell food, and crying/clutching their stomach in pain because of it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The Hardee's one with the Jalapen-o face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgGP6aO9hi4

:ughh:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Arschlochkind posted:

It's funny because I think they have to be careful about which Twitter accounts they quote (I mean even though they're probably fake).

:v: "Sandusky69 says the new Doritos Taco is like a party in your mouth. In the shower."

I wouldn't be surprised if the ad agency owns those twitter names, I know production companies will typically buy any fake website addresses mentioned on a show to prevent any strange legal stuff from popping up. Unless you're really bad at your job and rename something without checking, like the Netflix people tried to do with 'quickster' and that turned out really good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I never thought the "it made me burst into tears, yo" was a good tweet.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
I hate this for getting stuck in my head so I have to pay it forward. "Hoveround takes me where I wanna go..."

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Frot Lesnar posted:

I hate this for getting stuck in my head so I have to pay it forward. "Hoveround takes me where I wanna go..."

Isn't that the one where the CEO's name is "Tom Cruise" or some poo poo?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Boondock Saint posted:

Isn't that the one where the CEO's name is "Tom Cruise" or some poo poo?

Tom Kruse

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Fun fact: Hoveround is involved in tons of Medicare fraud investigations. How else could they provide them at "little or no cost to you"?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
gently caress this commercial for so many reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viXhp0v1gGY

The guy says "Stan" like a frog or something
It does that stupid "talking over music = a song" thing
Target audience includes people who:
*Dream about retarded sheep
*Get so drunk they need a cab on a weekday
*Lift weights and go to the bar on the same day, which is pointless
*Cannot afford haircuts

And probably more, it's so bad

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Industrial posted:

We can do without the judgmental tone, thank you. :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Red Lobster is running some ad for a shrimp special, and it has a disclaimer of "Prices higher in Hawaii and Times Square"

I get Hawaii having higher prices for things, but what's up with Times Square specifically?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DJExile posted:

Red Lobster is running some ad for a shrimp special, and it has a disclaimer of "Prices higher in Hawaii and Times Square"

I get Hawaii having higher prices for things, but what's up with Times Square specifically?

Pretty much because they can.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonz posted:

Tom Kruse

The name is so funny for a few reasons.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DJExile posted:

Times Square has been redeveloped into a pedestrian mega-destination which happens to be located in one the most affluent urban areas in the country and you're curious as to why someone might charge more for the restaurant they have located there?

To those curious about advertising in Times Square, total coverage of all billboards/signs/displays etc will run you about 6-8 million for a single day. Coincidentally, I hate Times Square.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I like it, it's like visiting Blade Runner world.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Times Square rules. Its like our Shinjuku.

Also you should pay more because you're a moron for going to a loving Red Lobster when you're in NYC. Its a tax on being stupid.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Times Square gets something like 100k visitors through it daily. It's insane how crowded it gets at times.

It's also pretty awesome even if I really hate the midtown vibe.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sash! posted:

Times Square rules. Its like our Shinjuku.

Also you should pay more because you're a moron for going to a loving Red Lobster when you're in NYC. Its a tax on being stupid.

Exactly, unless it's like, 2 in the morning and your hotel is right downstairs and you're drunk as hell, there's no excuse for going to a chain restaurant in New York City.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Industrial posted:

gently caress this commercial for so many reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viXhp0v1gGY

The guy says "Stan" like a frog or something
It does that stupid "talking over music = a song" thing
Target audience includes people who:
*Dream about retarded sheep
*Lift weights and go to the bar on the same day, which is pointless
*Cannot afford haircuts

And probably more, it's so bad

And apparently go to a bar every night of their lives. Which is.....depressing. No matter how many cheap sluts Corona helps him get into bed.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

The Verizon commercial with the mother/daughter crying now has about 80% less bawling in it, guess they read this thread.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
"I like guys younger than me and I LOVE guys older than me." This obviously means that the lady on the phone sex line hates the poo poo out of guys the same age as her since she never mentions them.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Not really a bad commercial, but every time that A&W commercial comes on with the two guys singing, "It takes two, baby!" it makes me look up since the one guy sounds so much like Jack Black.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

N: An interesting commercial that harkens back to much of my childhood during the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAWDA7Xqjz8

V: Too bad Sonic food is absolute garbage.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gonz posted:

N: An interesting commercial that harkens back to much of my childhood during the 80's.

Hahaha that is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonz posted:

Ok, I adore this commercial.