Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What does the N stand for? neutrals? necromancers? neutralmancers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How come Wile E's symbol is yellow but everyone else's is red? What does it mean.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Lurdiak posted:

How come Wile E's symbol is yellow but everyone else's is red? What does it mean.

I think it means he used mustard. Everyone else prefers ketchup.

HandsomeMrFooFoo
Apr 26, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhh my fucking
head is killing me
I caved and grabbed me a sweet sweet TGT avatar at last. Normal folks treat themselves to vacation after finals, but I'm afraid this bizarre comic has wormed its way into my heart.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe he's the designated leader. Or maybe it's gold because he's the money guy.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I think maybe the colour might reflect their emotional state. Yellow for neutral, red for angry.

N for Neutral emotion.

A Retardet Horse
Dec 25, 2009

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhhh...
My take is that red wouldn't show up as distinctly on his brown fur, thus yellow was chosen. With the magic of lazerbot, I'm sure we don't have long to find out!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

I like how he makes an entire cup of coffee without seeing a neon yellow pentagram on his hand.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I think all the yellow means is Lazyboy didn't think it would show up as well if it were red.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

DrManiac posted:

I like how he makes an entire cup of coffee without seeing a neon yellow pentagram on his hand.

Never underestimate the things a person can miss before they've had their morning coffee. Especially with a massive hangover.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

DrManiac posted:

One morning I cut myself slicing fruit for breakfast and I didn't notice until I was out of the house hours later and realized part of my hand was covered in dried blood. Didn't even need a neutral-satanic ritual hangover! Just not getting quite enough sleep is enough sometimes.

Bonster!
Feb 11, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Ni**ER

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I'm digging the nice hot cup of hairy ballsack he's fighting his hangover with.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Baronjutter posted:

Nickleback.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I finally came to the end of the thread. It's like a part of me=>
has die

The only go=>
od thing is that
we get more
Lazerbot

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
I love that Lazerbot is so blasé on people liking his stuff. Shows he is a pretty cool guy who hasn't gotten crazy with the fan-lust yet.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

NTT posted:

code:
oh I 
don't
know if
I can 
drink 
anymore
but ok
:D 

Sooooo jealous of this one; congratulations Death by Meteor! If I knew anything about animated gifs I'd have a slow animation of that image where the mouth and pupils grow in tandem. There's just something special about seeing a cartoon cat experience the wonders of chemically altered states of consciousness!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I just noticed that that is pretty much the epitome of the PARTY HARD meme

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Sleekly posted:

It's going to be the biggest AH HA moment for someone who has noticed the avatars before they find this thread. I almost envy them, but at this point in the game I've become a thrall to Tails trolling tale and can't imagine not knowing about it and checking the thread daily.

I agree. This thread has become the only thing I'm checking regularly anymore. The PYF Macro thread, CAD Mock thread, Dominic Deegan mock thread, Strange Fanart thread... I've let them go by the wayside for the past week or so. But TGT? Before work and before bed.

nexus6 posted:

Does anybody regret grabbing a TGT avatar too soon? They keep getting better.

I do to a certain degree. I hope Batman isn't another "took a dump and a nap all day" throwaway, but will have some hilarious stuff happen.

The way the comic/thread is going, I feel like I should have taken a Loony Tunes avatar, but I'm sure it'll swing way back the other way soon. This is exactly why I wish we could do gang tags still.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Backweb posted:

I agree. This thread has become the only thing I'm checking regularly anymore. The PYF Macro thread, CAD Mock thread, Dominic Deegan mock thread, Strange Fanart thread... I've let them go by the wayside for the past week or so. But TGT? Before work and before bed.

One of the main reasons I enjoy this thread so much is that it provides a nice contrast to the mock threads you mentioned. Like their subject webcomics, I stopped being able to read those threads years ago. I just find the general atmosphere of 'okay, goons, see this guy? We hate him. ' to be unbearable after a while. This thread is just so constructive and supporting :unsmith:

Also, Lazerbot, shine on you crazy diamond. Can't wait to see what happens next :munch:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
A quick mockup I made for TGT: Tournament Fighter. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this so I may have missed some characters but I tried to include the primary Troll Slaiyers, Defenders, Neutrals and Trolls.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

nexus6 posted:

I may have missed some characters

You didn't miss any characters, you just haven't unlocked them all yet! :eng101:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now I'm imagining the MvC2 character select with "I wanna take you for a ride" replaced with "I wanna troll you like a noob."

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Good job with the mugshots, I'd play that!

Do we have 3D modelers and animators who are willing to work for free...?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

On CNN yesterday there was a crawl headline of "Clinton: 'Terrorists keep trying'".

Which of course I read as "trolls be trollin".

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

total agreement posted:

Good job with the mugshots, I'd play that!

Do we have 3D modelers and animators who are willing to work for free...?

Just do it all in MUGEN. It's pretty much the same thing anyway.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

MUGEN was what inspired me to make that. You can probably already find ready-made characters for all the licensed characters, especially the sonic ones.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
What the game needs is bonus stages like Street Fighter 2. Only instead of smashing a car, you have to rape Porkchop to death.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

spregalia posted:

What the game needs is bonus stages like Street Fighter 2. Only instead of smashing a car, you have to rape Porkchop to death.

I was thinking a corpse burial minigame between stages. If you can complete it in a fast enough time, your character and Knuckles high shovel and you get a bitchin' score multiplier.

Of course, if you're playing as Knuckles, it's Shadow who you high shovel.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

spregalia posted:

Knock down this hill by firing your friends out of canans.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

I was thinking a corpse burial minigame between stages. If you can complete it in a fast enough time, your character and Knuckles high shovel and you get a bitchin' score multiplier.

There could be the traditional Arcade mode where you fight your way through the tiers of trolls until you reach and defeat the Troll King as well as a Survival mode where you fight through waves of regular trolls, burying them after each wave.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Schwarzwald posted:

I was thinking the same thing, but ended up deleting it out because I didn't want to sperg too much about mini-games, but yes, there's needs to be a high-shovel moment.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

spregalia posted:

I was thinking the same thing, but ended up deleting it out because I didn't want to sperg too much about mini-games, but yes, there's needs to be a high-shovel moment.

It could be a tag team special move! drat I really want this to happen now.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

nexus6 posted:

MUGEN was what inspired me to make that. You can probably already find ready-made characters for all the licensed characters, especially the sonic ones.

What's the fun in that? We need more amorphous Batman and shifting Sonic sprites to truly match the fever dream that is TGT.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

Young Freud posted:

What's the fun in that? We need more amorphous Batman and shifting Sonic sprites to truly match the fever dream that is TGT.

What would the animations requirements of a character at least be? I don't know much about Mugen. I assume it's:

- walk back and forth, crouch and jump
- standing weak punch, weak kick, strong punch, strong kick
- crouching weak punch, weak kick, strong punch, strong kick
- jumping weak punch, weak kick, strong punch, strong kick
- a throw
- two special moves and a super
- hit animations and knockdown animations
- intro pose, winpose and lose pose
- taunt

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

nexus6 posted:

Yup. Ronald McDonald too!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Young Freud posted:

Besides, a TGT fighting game without Rob is no TGT fighting game at all.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Rob is OP and you know it. (Rob's the boss of Story mode.)

Hallgerd
Dec 10, 2011

Aramek posted:

Rob is OP and you know it. (Rob's the boss of Story mode.)

Pre-fight speech: "WHAT?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hallgerd posted:

Pre-fight speech: "WHAT?"

Instead of the typical "Hyaa!" and "Uff!" noises that VAs make to play when the characters get hit or throw punches, Rob's are all going to be "What?!" and "Huh!?"