Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You know what's better than an newly translated episode of Game Center CX? Two newly translated episodes of Game Center CX! And this one is our first translation from season 14.

It's the episode they said couldn't be done. "How can you translate an episode about a visual novel?" Well, we showed them because here is episode 113: Night of the Sickle Weasel.

Bringing this episode to you is the person who always survives to the end of the horror movie, zari-gani!

Download torrent81 (1 files; 506.92 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Edit: I just realized that the fanart is also the first fanart featuring new AD Itou (he's the one on the far right).

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:neckbeard: I love this thread.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
A second one up before the first one finishes downloading. You guys are awesome.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The deluge returns in force it seems---great job everybody!

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Thanks for all the hard work! お疲れさまでした!

I was looking through my files and found I never downloaded or watched the Season 8 episode 58 Masked Ninja Hanamaru.

Is there a season 8 torrent? Or a torrent for that episode?

This thread never fails to deliver.

Bo Steed
Apr 12, 2012

Kacho: ON
It's like Christmas! :swoon:

Nicely done, guys (and of course gals). Thanks once again.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I wuv you all, I really really do. :allears:

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?
I had a feeling zari-gani's detailed reply to my post meant something. "How does she know... unless she's already started?"

Or, as it turns out, already finished. Bravo.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The shiritori boss was amazing. Way to keep me struggling to keep up with new releases. Love you guys.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I just remembered that DVD boxset 8 has the Director's Cut for Night of the Sick Weasles. Does anyone know if anything was significantly added?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

joek0 posted:

I just remembered that DVD boxset 8 has the Director's Cut for Night of the Sick Weasles. Does anyone know if anything was significantly added?

When Arino wraps things up early there's still four hours before anyone can go home. So Katayama brings out another copy of the game that has a special mode unlocked that turns the game into a comedy and they have Arino play through that until morning. Arino also enjoys a big cup of ramen.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This is awesome timing. I was just about to head out to the gym, and I always watch GCCX during my cardio (two 30 min sets of cardio on machines, hour long episodes, works perfectly) and now I'll have something new to watch (as soon as it download and then converts to a format my Iphone can play...vlc wont play the high-def episodes).

Edit--It appears that wont happen tonight. Download speed on the torrent dropped from 500k to 30 k. Oh well, something to watch when I finish.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 10, 2012

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Bo Steed posted:

It's like Christmas! :swoon:

I wanted to say that :argh:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Plasquatch posted:

I had a feeling zari-gani's detailed reply to my post meant something. "How does she know... unless she's already started?"

Or, as it turns out, already finished. Bravo.

Yeah, and to be more specific, I didn't take a break from the DVD to do these. I translated both Wagan Land and Night of the Sickle Weasel in January.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

zari-gani posted:

Yeah, and to be more specific, I didn't take a break from the DVD to do these. I translated both Wagan Land and Night of the Sickle Weasel in January.

It was mostly timing that remained to be done right?

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I really loved it when Arino died for the first time, shouted "Cleared!", then feigned surprise when informed that was, in fact, a bad ending.

Joctan
Sep 2, 2011
Gacha-Gacha made it to the final product!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
My favorite part of the dev meeting was when Arino started to say "Muuku" and corrected himself. Stay classy, Arino.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
Did you guys plan to release this episode after Wagan Land just because it showed that death animation in this episode? If not, that's one hell of a funny coincidence.

Bo Steed
Apr 12, 2012

Joctan posted:

I knew that lumpy little jerk looked familiar, but I just couldn't place it!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Joctan posted:

Aha! I knew I saw that face somewhere Arino related!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Alpha3KV posted:

I really loved it when Arino died for the first time, shouted "Cleared!", then feigned surprise when informed that was, in fact, a bad ending.

I'd love a gif of that exact scene, but I'm horrible at making gifs from videos and all the instructions I could google were for smaller video files (or used programs now described as legacy).

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How the hell did Arino come up with that? :psypop:

That story was insane. How are you supposed to know you got the right ending if the killer changes?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Bocc Kob posted:

That story was insane. How are you supposed to know you got the right ending if the killer changes?

According to wiki, there was quite a lot to unlock, so I'm not so sure there is a right ending per se.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I know that many AD's spend time working behind the camera before working on camera. I was watching the 40th bday special and noticed that the male AD Itou singing backup during the Kacho Fighter song looks a lot like the the new on screen AD Itou. Are they the same person.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Vlaphor posted:

I'd love a gif of that exact scene, but I'm horrible at making gifs from videos and all the instructions I could google were for smaller video files (or used programs now described as legacy).

I'd be happy to make one for you if you let me know what resolution you want it in.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Bocc Kob posted:

That's kind of a common thing with visual novels like this, the fact that the villain isn't the only one capable of killing you (or the fact that you die without seeing who did it). A good example of this is 999 on the DS (which I suggest everyone who found this game kinda interesting play). It's very unlikely that the villain changed. On a side note, there's a game on IOS (and Android, but I can't get it working on my Tablet) called "The Secret of Chateu De Moreau" where various non-villains can kill you, but according to the developers, this doesn't indicate their guilt. Kind of an alternate reality caused by your actions that isn't canon.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FredMSloniker posted:

I'd be happy to make one for you if you let me know what resolution you want it in.

Well, Kacho No Bonus is 320x240, but this episode is widescreen. Somewhere around there. Big enough for the text to be readable. Start around 37:37 to 37:41, if you could please. Thanks.

Bo Steed
Apr 12, 2012

Joctan posted:

You know, for that matter, so did Muku-Muku.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Hooray, more GCCX! :dance: I just finished watching "Wagan Land" and now here's another one to download already. What a nice way to kick off a vacation.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Vlaphor posted:

Well, Kacho No Bonus is 320x240, but this episode is widescreen. Somewhere around there. Big enough for the text to be readable. Start around 37:37 to 37:41, if you could please. Thanks.

Hm. The file's weighing in at about four megs, which neither LPix nor Imgur will take. Would you rather I make the image smaller/reduce the number of colors used, or would you rather suggest an imagehost that will take a file that big?

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FredMSloniker posted:

Hm. The file's weighing in at about four megs, which neither LPix nor Imgur will take. Would you rather I make the image smaller/reduce the number of colors used, or would you rather suggest an imagehost that will take a file that big?

Reducing the number of colors would probably be the best option to start with. Before you do that, can it be attached to a post (though it is a possible spoiler)? Just wondering

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Vlaphor posted:

Reducing the number of colors would probably be the best option to start with. Before you do that, can it be attached to a post (though it is a possible spoiler)? Just wondering

Well, after playing around with the size and the frame rate a bit, this is the best I could come up with to fit under two megs:

If you want anything changed (like holding the last frame longer or something), just say!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Everything looks awesome. Thanks again.

Edit--Quick question. Does the title of the game mean anything? Sickle Weasel...sounds like the name of a parody horror movie.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 10, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

MaskedTai posted:

Did you guys plan to release this episode after Wagan Land just because it showed that death animation in this episode? If not, that's one hell of a funny coincidence.

Yes, it was planned just around that.

Vlaphor posted:

Edit--Quick question. Does the title of the game mean anything? Sickle Weasel...sounds like the name of a parody horror movie.

Yeah, it's a generic-sounding horror title. It's not mentioned in the episode, but "sickle weasel" is the nickname given to the killer. A sickle weasel, or kamaitachi, is a Japanese monster that moves like a gust of wind and slashes people with its sickle-claws, and because the first victim was found cut into pieces with a strong wind blowing through the window, the killer gets dubbed a sickle weasel. It seems like most people translate it to be plural but I went with singular because well, there's only one true culprit... Plus I figured this way it would provide a bigger hint that it's supposed to be in reference to the mysterious killer. Either interpretation works though! I'm sure some people would've preferred kamaitachi to remain intact but when it comes to Japanese monsters, I'm of the opinion that if their name literally describes what they are, it should be translated.

There is also a comedy option path that can be unlocked after beating the game, where "sickle weasel" is a codename for a group of secret agents... the OL trio, I think. This is where the plural can work because kamaitachi sometimes move as a trio.

And of course, as seen in Retro Read-Along (in the Pac-Man 2 ep), another comedy option path has that horrible kamai-tachi/"group of Kamai" pun.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 10, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I've been looking forward to this episode for awhile. Thanks again everyone!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes we get more visual novels (or sound novels or whatever they're calling them) in the future because Sickle Weasel was totally awesome.

I only regret that Arino never once claimed to be the killer himself. I wanted to see what happened real bad :(

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Stoat posted:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes we get more visual novels (or sound novels or whatever they're calling them) in the future because Sickle Weasel was totally awesome.

I only regret that Arino never once claimed to be the killer himself. I wanted to see what happened real bad :(

He wouldn't get any points with Mari obviously if he did that...

Also, I liked this episode because since the challenge was done at night, they also did the tamage at night too!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
This is one episode that I've seen untranslated, but am happy to see it get the SAGCCX treatment. Once again, thank you guys for another great hour of what I consider one of the best shows around. :)

Also, I love Arino's reaction to the first time he thinks he had the mystery figured out and the main character's theory is completely different from Arino's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Has he done any other murder mysteries other than Hokkaido Serial murders? (And arguably Clocktower I guess)

They are the best :3: