Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gonz posted:

N: An interesting commercial that harkens back to much of my childhood during the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAWDA7Xqjz8

V: Too bad Sonic food is absolute garbage.

This commercial is AWESOME.

Also, Sonic's shakes aren't bad. The rest of the food sucks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like Sonic, their breakfast sandwiches are pretty good V:unsmith:V

Also that commercial is awesome.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

explosivo posted:

I like Sonic, their breakfast sandwiches are pretty good V:unsmith:V

Also that commercial is awesome.
If Sonic's food was as good as that commercial I would eat there. Unfortunately it's nowhere close.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Holy god, I hate that Cee-Lo Green Sprite ad where the little kid is "beatboxing" (or whatever) and imitating the can opening. Instant mute button.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

vyst posted:

Also, Sonic's shakes aren't bad. The rest of the food sucks though.

Yeah, the beverages and shakes aren't bad at all, but the food is just blech.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Gonz posted:

Yeah, the beverages and shakes aren't bad at all, but the food is just blech.

It's...mediocre, I think. Or maybe I just have a good Sonic in my neighborhood. Good being relative of course.

I do miss those kickin' coneys they had awhile back. Was just a regular coney with bbq sauce and fried onions, but it was actually pretty good.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

RaspberryCommie posted:

It's...mediocre, I think.

Mediocre and overpriced!

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
As far as fast food goes sonic is one of the better ones. But thats just cuz all Florida has is Sonic and the supergenerics like McD, Bk, and Taco Bell.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In 'n Out above all others. In 'n Out über alles.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I kinda feel sorry for all the states that don't have Raising Cain's. How do you even tailgate properly without that stuff?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

404GoonNotFound posted:

I kinda feel sorry for all the states that don't have Raising Cain's. How do you even tailgate properly without that stuff?

Cain's sauce is great, but the chicken is dry and stringy. Slim Chickens (which is currently only in Oklahoma and Arkansas, unfortunately) is the superior chicken place.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
My favorite localish fast food is Burgerville. OR/WA represent.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it me or the ads for the Vita been the same for the entire time the system existed? All they ever show is some guy playing a baseball game at his house and going to work.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

404GoonNotFound posted:

Uhh, you grill?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Tupping Liberty posted:

My favorite localish fast food is Burgerville. OR/WA represent.

Zips was the best thing about Spokane, and so was Dicks burgers. Nothin like a greasy bag of dicks!

Also In N Out is the best for burgers, Chick Fil A for well chicken sandwiches.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I love Chik Fil A, and ironically I love them more for their terrible politcs. Because they are not hiding that poo poo. "Yeah, Sundays? We're closed Sundays. Every other fast food place doing some spring fish sandiwch specials? This is a Lent Menu, fuckers. There's a mural just inside, you can see all the charities we use your money to support." And y'know what... fair deal. They make it clear what they stand for, and everyone gets to decide how much their morals are worth up against a really, really tasty chicken sandwich.

Mine always seem to fall short.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

CapnAndy posted:

I love Chik Fil A, and ironically I love them more for their terrible politcs. Because they are not hiding that poo poo. "Yeah, Sundays? We're closed Sundays. Every other fast food place doing some spring fish sandiwch specials? This is a Lent Menu, fuckers. There's a mural just inside, you can see all the charities we use your money to support." And y'know what... fair deal. They make it clear what they stand for, and everyone gets to decide how much their morals are worth up against a really, really tasty chicken sandwich.

My lady and I dressed as cows to get one of those free chicken sandwhiches. NO SHAME

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Domino's, meanwhile, hides their crazy creationism funding and is still poo poo. Coincidence?

Yes, probably.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CapnAndy posted:

I'm incredibly lucky that the only Chik Fil A near me is in a food court, flanked by a Panda Express and one of those delicious Japanese grill restaurants, because otherwise I might not be able to resist. But lo, my morals stand strong, and they're powered by Orange Chicken.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Domino's, meanwhile, hides their crazy creationism funding and is still poo poo. Coincidence?

Yes, probably.

I am very sorry but what the gently caress?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

I think the founder of Domino's not only founded a college, but tried to found an entire town, dedicated to "conservative principles."

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Secks posted:

Holy god, I hate that Cee-Lo Green Sprite ad where the little kid is "beatboxing" (or whatever) and imitating the can opening. Instant mute button.

They play it every single break during Survivor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Ave Maria. Long and the short of it is the founder of Domino's is a very, very conservative Roman Catholic and used his money to build a religious town/college in Florida.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Clamknuckle posted:

They play it every single break during Survivor.

If that's on so much during Survivor, wouldn't it be a 7-Up ad, then? I know there were a couple moments in one episode where pretty much the whole point of the reward challenge was to shill for that.

EDIT: I assume it's this ad you're talking about? Yeah, that's 7-Up, not Sprite.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

We get Zaxby's which is a more than acceptable substitute.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

So they put everything they support on their walls except their hatred of homosexuals?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

So they put everything they support on their walls except their hatred of homosexuals?
No, "traditional marriage counseling" is up there too.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

vyst posted:

We get Zaxby's which is a more than acceptable substitute.

This is undeniable truth. Unfortunately (fortunately?), we get this crazy lady in commercials for Zaxby's.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Getting really tired of seeing the HTC One camera phone ad every ten minutes. The ad itself isn't too awful (minus the weird looking people who look like they are from Deus EX Human Revolution), but it just so annoying to see all the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

No, "traditional marriage counseling" is up there too.

:golfclap:

Nicely done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Clark2 posted:

The Verizon commercial with the mother/daughter crying now has about 80% less bawling in it, guess they read this thread.

Yeah, I saw the new version tonight and they completely toned it down. They're still crying but its not as shrill and you can actually understand them. Still a horrible commercial though.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I noticed it was different because they took out the subtitles. I think if your commercial needs subtitles in the first place you need to tone it down.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

Vicas posted:

I noticed it was different because they took out the subtitles. I think if your commercial needs subtitles in the first place you need to tone it down.

But that's the joke you see! The audience can't understand a word they're saying but the mother and daughter understand each other perfectly so we need subtitles because it's the equivalent of another language! Hahahaha:suicide:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Not An Irish Monk posted:

But that's the joke you see! The audience can't understand a word they're saying but the mother and daughter understand each other perfectly so we need subtitles because it's the equivalent of another language! Hahahaha:suicide:

I didn't see it like that at all. I saw it as "women cry more easily, so they understand each other because its not the first time they've had a conversation like this."

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I saw it more as an extension of the whole "let's put what were saying on the screen because people reading it mean it'll sink in more" trend like from the Ford Truck commercials was Denis Leary.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but the hair on woman who's driving the buggy in this ad annoys the hell out of me because I think it's a wig. I know there's a chance there isn't and the way it's styled makes it look fake, but the point where her hair ends and her forehead begins doesn't look natural to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOGbeEpRpSQ

Also, the ad itself is starting to get on my nerves since I've seen it quite a few times on TV already (especially during American Idol) and it's getting to the point of being annoying overall.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Obeast posted:

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but the hair on woman who's driving the buggy in this ad annoys the hell out of me because I think it's a wig. I know there's a chance there isn't and the way it's styled makes it look fake, but the point where her hair ends and her forehead begins doesn't look natural to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOGbeEpRpSQ

Also, the ad itself is starting to get on my nerves since I've seen it quite a few times on TV already (especially during American Idol) and it's getting to the point of being annoying overall.

The hair on the temples looks normal. She just has a tight comb over-ish thing going on her bangs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Ave Maria. Long and the short of it is the founder of Domino's is a very, very conservative Roman Catholic and used his money to build a religious town/college in Florida.

He hasn't owned Dominos in almost 20 years.

He sold it to Bain Capital. The Mitt Romney firm.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Toffile posted:

He hasn't owned Dominos in almost 20 years.

He sold it to Bain Capital. The Mitt Romney firm.

Can't tell if that's worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I don't know if it's been posted, but every time I try to see a web video and this Tampax ad play before it, I just close it immediately, no matter what I was trying to see.

Everything about it from the very start just repels me. It's so twee and hispterish and :fuckoff: