Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Is that Mugen thing really possible? I rushed (that's an understatement) a sprite:

If this style and resolution is acceptable, I could help out. Only if we're really sure it can take off, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

Koo Koo Ka-Chaw Koo Koo Ka-Chaw

total agreement posted:

Is that Mugen thing really possible? I rushed (that's an understatement) a sprite:

With the talent in this thread it seems very possible. The voices for specific characters seems to have been done, music has been done, a lot of you guys have done some really good art. All that would be left would be compiling it all.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Yeah, the compiling and distribution seems to be a gray area, I'd like it to be confirmed before continuing. As long as the project isn't too ambitious, it can be done. The sprite I made is SNES resolution, blow that up twice the size and we could produce a lot of them before people get sick of working on it, haha.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I feel like it would be taking a joke way too far.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Hsien-Ko posted:

Not far enough! We need an MMORPG, stat!

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Speedboat Jones posted:

Instead of the typical "Hyaa!" and "Uff!" noises that VAs make to play when the characters get hit or throw punches, Rob's are all going to be "What?!" and "Huh!?"

You could copy those exact lines right out of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

[Edit] That was a joke of course; don't actually do this

Buff Skeleton fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 10, 2012

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

Hsien-Ko posted:

While I loved the idea of the animated comics (and they were done really well), I think this project is more realistic if the tasks are equally divided. The animated comics were 2-man projects and they took a lot of time, we could make the additional fighters as cruddy and simple as possible, as long as they have a trademark move.

For Underbite's super, I was thinking about him doing his Hitler burn while the opponent is dizzied and when he is done, the text bubble crashes down and inflicts damage.

It's nice to dream once in a while, right? :(

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Aramek posted:

Rob is OP and you know it. (Rob's the boss of Story mode.)

By the way Aramek, I love your voices, but I still hear the voice of Loud Howard from the Dilbert cartoon when I read Rob, rather than your crisp and clear rendition. Sorry! :kiddo:

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
It would be a crime to NOT try to do this MUGEN x TGT thingy.

reinardus vulpes
Nov 5, 2010

de cele amor Dieus me gart

Waffleman_ posted:

Now I'm imagining the MvC2 character select with "I wanna take you for a ride" replaced with "I wanna troll you like a noob."

"They can't troll you if-there-dead..."

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

I don't think whipping up a quick fighting game in Mugen is going too far. I'm just thinking of how happy Lazerbot would be if he played it. I can't even imagine someone making a video game for me :3:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

By the way Aramek, I love your voices, but I still hear the voice of Loud Howard from the Dilbert cartoon when I read Rob, rather than your crisp and clear rendition. Sorry! :kiddo:

Wow, I had forgotten about that character. That's actually pretty close thematically, isn't it?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Each character is individually added in mugen right? if so, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do.

[e] I imagine the neutrals to play like characters in JoJo's Bizarre adventure.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I will support this, but only if all the voice samples sound muffled and low quality as if they came from an old arcade game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I will support this, but only if all the voice samples sound muffled and low quality as if they came from an old arcade game.

Any dialogue should be machine translated into Japanese and then translated back to to English.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How it should sound when somebody plays Rob:

Huh?! Huh?! H-H-Huh?! What?! IDON'THAVEFUCKINGEARS! Huh?!

I'm thinking that on some kind of special move he'll say "I don't have loving ears", but in true fighting game VO fashion, it'll have to be really rushed so just imagine somebody saying it really fast over and over like a guy spamming shoryukens in Street Fighter.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You could probably just bang together a mugen game with a lot of the existing characters in a night or two, as many of them already have characters available.

Of course, mugen people are notoriously THIS IS MINE DO NOT STEAL AND OR MAKE IN ANY WAY CONVENIENT TO DOWNLOAD so you will quickly run into that issue. Gathering them into a game alone will already piss a bunch of people off, modding in signature TGT moves will probably too. Of course I think they're a bunch of idiots for getting in such a huff about "theft" of the sprites they ripped from a Capcom game and arranged in a program, so maybe it's worth not caring about that. I mean sure, there is effort involved in setting them up for mugen but holy poo poo those people get worked up about every little thing.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd be ok with just using preexisting MUGEN sprites if the voices can be redone. "Neverbe found", "Smart weed", and "gently caress you trolls" need to be in the TGT fighting game.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
This is going to go places, someone start a kickstarter.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Schwarzwald posted:

Any dialogue should be machine translated into Japanese and then translated back to to English.

You mean it isn't already?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Sonic's hyper combo needs to be evil Sonic and end with "poo poo I failed!"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Schwarzwald posted:

Speedboat Jones posted:

How it should sound when somebody plays Rob:

I'm thinking that on some kind of special move he'll say "I don't have loving ears"
"My ears are non-sexual"

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

I'd be ok with just using preexisting MUGEN sprites if the voices can be redone.

Yeah but if you use preexisting MUGEN sprites you lose the charm of lazerbot's artwork!

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

I'm surprised no one posted this yet:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I can see it now. Porky tries to use his powers while overcome with emotion and ends up getting killed.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
He actually took the time to find the design for Petunia Pig. :psyduck:

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!

23 Flavors posted:

I'm surprised no one posted this yet:

Coyote's incredible sense of calm is pretty creepy for someone who just woke up to strings coming out of their hands. Pretty smart too, since he seems to know exactly what they do!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

There's something really funny to me about the fact that Porky is so outright honest about cheating on his wife.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

It's impressive that he managed to keep the bra on his head after getting wasted and blacking out.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Porky's portrayal in this comic sort of reminds me of Stevie Janikowski from Eastbound and Down.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't help but imagine Petunia Pig sounding like Mrs. Walowitz from the Big Bang Theory.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
Hey just a reminder to those you doubt Lazerbot's genius. Remember that scene where Porky the Pig told the hot woman he had sex with to gently caress off? He had a ring on and was beginning to say he had a wife.

How the gently caress does this comic have such weird loving foreshadowing and extremely weirdly high levels of continuity like Dr. Eggman's moonbase and Petunia Pig? I'm back to thinking this is some sort of elaborate troll.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
How is having an actual plot and paying homage to your inspirations a troll?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Undead Unicorn posted:

Hey just a reminder to those you doubt Lazerbot's genius. Remember that scene where Porky the Pig told the hot woman he had sex with to gently caress off? He had a ring on and was beginning to say he had a wife.

How the gently caress does this comic have such weird loving foreshadowing and extremely weirdly high levels of continuity like Dr. Eggman's moonbase and Petunia Pig? I'm back to thinking this is some sort of elaborate troll.

The best source-material continuity linkage was when Kario mentioned that when Mario was born he gave him away to a stork and told him to get rid of the baby. You know, to explain the beginning of one of the Yoshi's island games where we saw baby Mario come from being dropped off by a stork.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ThatPazuzu posted:

How is having an actual plot and paying homage to your inspirations a troll?

Kario said it best: "trolls be trollin."

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

nexus6 posted:

Goons goons goony rear end goons! I think I can make him a bit punier so he fits in with the rest of the Sonic cast, if we're allowed to use them that is. Should be funny to see the size differences when Capcom-sized Hulk joins the fight, hah.

Then again, wouldn't it be better if we made characters from the ground up, but with low production times? We can just give them the bare minimum of required animations, we don't need to make a Third Strike-quality product, just something that has the charm of TGT. We could at least settle on a sprite resolution.

On the left is the sprite size you see most often in Mugen, middle is a SNES-sized sprite and on the right is the true resolution of Underbite. This size could work out, the artstyle between the characters could be different depending on the person making it but whatever, we should just keep it simple if we wanna see this thing work out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ComradeCosmobot posted:

He actually took the time to find the design for Petunia Pig. :psyduck:

Well it's not that hard, seeing as how Petunia's design is pretty much "Porky in a wig and a dress"

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

TokenTrevor posted:

Coyote's incredible sense of calm is pretty creepy for someone who just woke up to strings coming out of their hands. Pretty smart too, since he seems to know exactly what they do!

"Wile E. Coyote. Genius." As he hands out his business cards. From the Chuck Jones cartoons where he talked and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

The MSJ posted:

I can see it now. Porky tries to use his powers while overcome with emotion and ends up getting killed.

Or worse, murders Petunia so she'll always be his puppet wife.