Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

RBX posted:

Is that real?

No, but it's still hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

That was apparently a gift to Bischoff (in real life, not kayfabe) from...I want to say Juvi?
Gift to Russo in kayfabe.

Russo wrote both parts and said it wasn't racist but in fact an example of good storytelling because Juvi using the tequila bottle connected two weeks of stories.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Lone Rogue posted:

No, but it's still hilarious.
And also why would he be glad to hear that? Straight butter is awful.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Does Hogan still spend a significant minority of his time in a tanning salon, or has he just gone that colour permanently now?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Memento1979 posted:

Does Hogan still spend a significant minority of his time in a tanning salon, or has he just gone that colour permanently now?
I'm under the assumption it's just hardened and smells like leather now.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Still thinking about Vickys heat, its pretty amazing… got me thinking who/what has had the most insane nuclear heat in wwe? Shawn trolling Canada with Brett entrance? Angle making GBS threads on MSG before Tazz debut?

"for one night, i've decided to be your champion" … glorious!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

TheCool69 posted:

Still thinking about Vickys heat, its pretty amazing… got me thinking who/what has had the most insane nuclear heat in wwe? Shawn trolling Canada with Brett entrance? Angle making GBS threads on MSG before Tazz debut?

CM Punk coming out dressed like Jeff Hardy and getting everything from the outfit to the face paint to the goofy dances 100% accurate. It was even better because it wasn't until he opened his mouth and started wiping his face that the crowd realized what was going on. I seem to remember a few shots of kids crying in the video.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Has Paul Heyman ever actually wrestled? He's been a manager for so long, just curious if he had a special attraction tag match or something like Heenan used to do.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Has Paul Heyman ever actually wrestled? He's been a manager for so long, just curious if he had a special attraction tag match or something like Heenan used to do.

He had a Tuxedo Match against Jim Cornette at the legendary GAB 89.

also I know Lawler told a story on the WWE Legends roundtable show about how Paul E. was supposed to be part of a scaffold match they'd built up in Memphis, but the night of the show he said he couldn't go out there. At some point, either then or in another match later down the line, Lawler legitimately decked Heyman and broke his nose/jaw (I don't remember the fine details, it's been awhile since I've seen it). But he admits to doing it on purpose because of the scaffold stunt.

I'm sure there's probably more, as well.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Cagematch.de, son.

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=664&page=4

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Cagematch.de, son.

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=664&page=4

Haha wow Paul actually worked a house match circuit with RVD

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Was Petey Williams ever a face in TNA?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Haha wow Paul actually worked a house match circuit with RVD

Yeah, that one surprised me.

oldpainless posted:

Was Petey Williams ever a face in TNA?

Yes. He got resisted LAX's flag burning shenanigans.

Check here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petey_Williams#Various_feuds_.282006.E2.80.932007.29

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

CM Punk coming out dressed like Jeff Hardy and getting everything from the outfit to the face paint to the goofy dances 100% accurate. It was even better because it wasn't until he opened his mouth and started wiping his face that the crowd realized what was going on. I seem to remember a few shots of kids crying in the video.

The popular picture of a lanky kid with a fro scowling came from this segment... I think the majority of people caught on before Punk started talking. I think the announcers were mentioning it before he even got in the ring.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

God those reactions were so glorious, I love how for any reasonable person Punk was the face in that feud.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TUS posted:

The popular picture of a lanky kid with a fro scowling came from this segment... I think the majority of people caught on before Punk started talking. I think the announcers were mentioning it before he even got in the ring.

He had them at first, but I wish I could find fro-boy. Maybe I didn't make that one.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Oh Cleveland. You'll never get what you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhzwhAYy5hA

Fro kid shows up at 1:06, Disapproving Dee shows up at 1:18, Confused Cheetah girl at 1:22.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Related to Lord Hentai: Has there been any Japanese wrestler who went to the States, then later came back to Japan and began embodying American stereotypes in his ringwork?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

a radii hike posted:

Related to Lord Hentai: Has there been any Japanese wrestler who went to the States, then later came back to Japan and began embodying American stereotypes in his ringwork?

I don't know but this seems to be a good excuse to showcase the Florida Brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtnWCZPRQGU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

a radii hike posted:

I'm positive it's happened, even if I can't think of any specific instance.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

I'm positive it's happened, even if I can't think of any specific instance.

Muta embraced the lazy American heavyweight style for a time. Might have been slow to take root.

Seriously though, I can't think of anything of the sort.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
When WWE made the decision to combine the World Titles into the Undisputed Title, how come they didn't wait until Wrestlemania X-8 to do so?

I don't know if there was ever any stated explanation, it just seems like it'd be a big thing and somebody probably would have suggested doing it at Mania.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

LightsGameraAction posted:

When WWE made the decision to combine the World Titles into the Undisputed Title, how come they didn't wait until Wrestlemania X-8 to do so?

I don't know if there was ever any stated explanation, it just seems like it'd be a big thing and somebody probably would have suggested doing it at Mania.

That's a good question, because quite frankly I'm shocked they didn't wait until HHH came back so he could be the first Undisputed champion.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

triplexpac posted:

That's a good question, because quite frankly I'm shocked they didn't wait until HHH came back so he could be the first Undisputed champion.

They allowed him to be second, in an amazing feud between HHH and Steh featuring Jericho and a dog.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

bobkatt013 posted:

They allowed him to be second, in an amazing feud between HHH and Steh featuring Jericho and a dog.

Well yeah I have watched wrestling before

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

achillesforever6 posted:

God those reactions were so glorious, I love how for any reasonable person Punk was the face in that feud.

I love that almost immediately after he let his contract expire he was caught with a large amount of drugs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There were plans to do an actual Brand Split for a while before the belts were ever unified, so I think it was kind of an assumed thing that the Unified title wouldn't stay very Unified for long.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
If Broadus Clay is the only living breathing Funkasaurs IN CAPTIVITY, does that there are wild funaksaurs' running loose?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheCool69 posted:

I'm still partial to the night that Edge and Christian faced The APA in a PPV in Dallas, Texas. Edge and Christian opened with a promo about how Dallas sucked so much that if JFK hadn't been assassinated he would have committed suicide just to get out of the goddamn town.

I remember being :aaa: when it happened, it's akin to going to New York and saying how clear and open the sky looks now those goddamn towers are finally out of the way.

Buff Tannen
Oct 25, 2009

I just wanna say one thing...God Bless America

They were fresh out of good ideas after spending them all on the invasion angl...

I got nothing.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

It would have made it tougher to tell the story of "Triple H's triumphant return and pursuit of the title." because either Hunter would have won the WHC or WWE title before Mania, or his Royal Rumble win would have been weaker because there are 3 other guys going for the Undisputed Title (re-book Vengeance for Mania). Nowadays winning the Rumble doesn't mean a whole lot, but that then it was extremely important. Also the story for the unification match was McMahon vs. Flair, with a poo poo ton of interference, so Triple H's return would have been put on the back burner.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

budreck posted:

If Broadus Clay is the only living breathing Funkasaurs IN CAPTIVITY, does that there are wild funaksaurs' running loose?

That also means that there's a bunch of dead Funkasauri in captivity.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I just learned that there is a german wrestler called Big Van Walter.

Even without seeing him he has to be good.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

TheCool69 posted:

You mean the modern WWE or does older stuff count? Because Iraqi sympathizer Sgt. Slaughter has to rank up there.

Anybody wanna give over/under odds on when they'll use Cena's divorce in an angle? And yes, I said "when", not "if".

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I remember being :aaa: when it happened, it's akin to going to New York and saying how clear and open the sky looks now those goddamn towers are finally out of the way.

Hooooooly poo poo J-Ru. :stare:

Buff Tannen
Oct 25, 2009

I just wanna say one thing...God Bless America
Cena's not getting divorced. He's like...the most awesome guy in the world. It's all lies

He was interviewed on Howard Stern and said he loved loving groupies, and he hosed a fat chick after the Raw roster put him up to it.

e: Here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6txXQES0AOM

Buff Tannen fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 11, 2012

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still partial to the night that Edge and Christian faced The APA in a PPV in Dallas, Texas. Edge and Christian opened with a promo about how Dallas sucked so much that if JFK hadn't been assassinated he would have committed suicide just to get out of the goddamn town.

Austin Aries subtly mentioned 9/11 to get heel heat at an ROH show (I think Manhattan Mayhem III?) It worked.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
This is a dumb question, but I'm listening to some Peter Gabriel and I had this memory of Claudio using an instrumental version of Sledgehammer (or something similar) as his entrance theme for a little indie I used to go to. Did he use this theme everywhere?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

triplexpac posted:

This is a dumb question, but I'm listening to some Peter Gabriel and I had this memory of Claudio using an instrumental version of Sledgehammer (or something similar) as his entrance theme for a little indie I used to go to. Did he use this theme everywhere?

Pretty much yes. Then he went "Very European" and turned heel pretty much everywhere and started using the 1812 Overture. Except in Chikara, where he formed the BDK and used Rammstein's "Engel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Austin Aries subtly mentioned 9/11 to get heel heat at an ROH show (I think Manhattan Mayhem III?) It worked.

Homicide did it at Glory By Honor 3 in 2004 and it didn't go so well. He told the crowd he wished they died on 9-11. Granted that was the three year anniversary...

It was funny to me though!