Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'd take any of those covers over the Special Edition Movie Tin Version.

It's the size of a disc.

I have one of those from way back. It was for Total Recall and it came in a tiny tin that looked like Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

GonSmithe posted:

Holy hell, the blu-ray cover for The Artist is so awful.

Actually, it's not awful. It's just painfully average, and nowhere near as good compared to the other posters. I don't understand why they couldn't have just gone with this:

I like that both tell you absolutely nothing about the movie, but I guess at least the blu-ray cover tells you it's about that goddamn dog that no one shut up about for a full month.

I like dogs. gently caress that dog.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

GonSmithe posted:

That reminds me of when I was planning on buying the special-edition of Tron: Legacy/Tron on blu-ray, that came in a disc:

And then I saw this video and realized it was tiny and you literally had to take the discs out one by one to get to them.

Some marketing decisions, I swear to god.

I have and it's awesome decoration. And Legacy/Tron both sit in my DVD trays (5 disc holder hell ya) I am def buying the Artist tin holder. As far as goin though the discs one by one, how often are you guys going through movies to where that's a constant annoyance? Are you cycling through the blu ray to 3d? How is that such a huge annoyance where you wouldn't get a really cool decorative piece?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Sheldrake posted:

I like dogs. gently caress that dog.

Comedy Dog disapproves of this message.

Bestiality is wrong.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So this meme is getting a movie now? Poster's pretty cool though and it is Derrick Comedy The dude from The League and Aubrey Plaza.

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 12, 2012

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

squarerandom posted:

... and it is Derrick Comedy.

How do you figure?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

squarerandom posted:

So this meme is getting a movie now? Poster's pretty cool though and it is Derrick Comedy.

That's so dumb. The meme is so old and dead that 99% of people have probably forgotten about it.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Role Play McMurphy posted:

How do you figure?

Because I can't loving read :( Connolly =/= Comedy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Movie comes out in less than a month and I have not heard of it at all.

I do not predict it will be good.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Noxville posted:

I think it's been mentioned here how bad the Minority Report Blu-Ray cover is but man I saw it in-store today and it looks even worse in real life.

I don't think Tom Cruise is such poison now that they want to make him look not like Tom Cruise so I don't know what the hell happened here.
It looks like they took one of those non-copyrighted posters they have on the side of the Redbox machines and slapped it on an actual release.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Sockser posted:

Movie comes out in less than a month and I have not heard of it at all.

I do not predict it will be good.

I've heard of it, so I guess it'll be the greatest loving movie ever made.

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

That's so dumb. The meme is so old and dead that 99% of people have probably forgotten about it.

I am willing to bet money that the people who made this film are not banking on internet meme awareness to get them mad dough, but have in fact just used the ad as a subject matter for their fictional film because they thought they could make a good story out of it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Wait what meme is this?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vagabundo posted:

Wait what meme is this?

This one.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Gonz posted:

This one.

Must have missed that one. According to that link, the movie's been pretty well received on the festival circuit so I guess it rises above its stupid origins.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's because instead of being an actual time traveler, the guy who posted the ad just seems to be a male equivalent to the manic pixie dream girl archetype. So you know, generic "indie" trash.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Apparently, years ago, some YTMND user got the late Don LaFontaine to record a piece of audio which was hyping a nonexistent "Safety Not Guaranteed" action movie mashup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9vmVr8D-k4

Gonz fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 12, 2012

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

squarerandom posted:

So this meme is getting a movie now? Poster's pretty cool though and it is Derrick Comedy The dude from The League and Aubrey Plaza.

I would have bet money that this was for MiB3.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The poster's interesting and the movie looks good. Aubrey Plaza is awesome and will be amazing.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
My boss saw it at Sundance, and she said she really enjoyed it. She usually knows what she's talking about, so I am looking forward to it.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 12, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, if you're just judging it on the poster and the concept of the meme you should at least check out the trailer as it makes it look pretty interesting.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Vintersorg posted:

Mondo Toy Story went up around noon today, of course sold out right away. Tomorrow is Dark Shadows.

It's well known that vampires cast shadows at a 45 degree angle.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I really like this cover of the the Losers dvd, they even got Jock to design it:

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Nybble posted:

:colbert:

It shits me to no end that Mondo makes these absolutely beautiful posters that I'd just be so happy to stick up on my wall but limits them to runs of like, 300, which sell out in under a minute (mostly to scalpers) and never get reprinted again. It's a damned shame, done for no reason other than to artificially create a collector's market.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

Confession time: I put up a Craigslist ad with this meme on it about 8 years ago and I got a lot of responses. Met a nice girl and dated her for a few months, it was fun.

The Mondo posters are pretty great but yeah, they need to get them out to people in a better fashion.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Alhazred posted:

I really like this cover of the the Losers dvd, they even got Jock to design it:

Why is that woman shouting "Blam blam"? Is her gun not really loaded?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Flashing Twelve posted:

It shits me to no end that Mondo makes these absolutely beautiful posters that I'd just be so happy to stick up on my wall but limits them to runs of like, 300, which sell out in under a minute (mostly to scalpers) and never get reprinted again. It's a damned shame, done for no reason other than to artificially create a collector's market.

Back in 2009 I found about the whole screen printed posters movement so am lucky in that I managed to get a couple of Tyler Stout posters before he absolutely exploded. This was when you bought directly from his site and they were a lot cheaper than they are now.

I bought his Robocop poster for $30 and it has been going for over $900 recently. The last mondo poster I got was Stout's Kill Bill poster which looks absolutely amazing in person.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sheldrake posted:

Are you seriously saying that you wouldn't shout "blam blam" if you were in that situation?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sheldrake posted:

Obviously she is a fan of The Phantom. And is also a goon who reads the comic strips thread in BSS.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Alhazred posted:

That poster makes me want to see the movie it's for. And I actually saw "The Losers".

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'd take any of those covers over the Special Edition Movie Tin Version.

It's the size of a disc.

I thought this was a smoke detector at first, which would have been appropriate, but not.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sheldrake posted:

Hey, it worked in Hot Fuzz.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Great movie, horrible poster

Silver Newt
Jun 8, 2007

Happiness is being famous for your financial ability to indulge in every kind of excess.

fenix down posted:

Great movie, horrible poster

That is a horrible poster for sure, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to market a film like Rear Window - it doesn't exactly lend itself to poster advertising.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Here's an awesome foreign Psycho poster to make things right.

It looks better in print, it's in this great book here that I own but don't have access to now. I'd really recommend it to anyone who follows this thread, it's sorted by country but also has sections dedicated to showing one films posters from several countries.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Every once in a while you come upon an image that makes you want to just end it all. This falls in that category, not because of a bad photoshop, just because I don't want to live in this world anymore because this exists.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

kiimo posted:

Every once in a while you come upon an image that makes you want to just end it all. This falls in that category, not because of a bad photoshop, just because I don't want to live in this world anymore because this exists.

Demi Moore has had too many Botox injections into her right cheek. It almost looks like a second nose.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Miley Cyrus smelling some ferocious onions there.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Cartoon Man posted:

Demi Moore has had too many Botox injections into her right cheek. It almost looks like a second nose.

Getting rid of that many wrinkles makes Moore look like Cyrus's slightly older sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Madkal posted:

Getting rid of that many wrinkles makes Moore look like Cyrus's slightly older sister.

At first I thought the film was about lesbian lovers.