Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This goddamn movie has always been at the back of my mind whenever Tom & Jerry comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Gotta get use outta this emoticon at least once. :fut: gently caress you Jarry :fut:

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Tomorrow is Monday...any predictions as to Sylvester's predicament?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress, Tom and Jerry don't talk!

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

This all asks the question - is Jarry a troll?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Manwithastick posted:

Can't troll if there dead

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Weren't Itchy and Scratchy from simpsons' fame a satire on the retardedly violent and psychopathic interactions of the Cat/Mouse Duo currently being discussed?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Myrdhale posted:

Weren't Itchy and Scratchy from simpsons' fame a satire on the retardedly violent and psychopathic interactions of the Cat/Mouse Duo currently being discussed?

Yes, including the fact that Scratchy just wants to live his life while Itchy violently intrudes at every opportunity.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Soonmot posted:

I remember the commercial for this movie highlighting a scene that basically handwaved this away as them never realizing each other could talk. And then, my young self knew, he would never see this film. And I still haven't.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

But where does Poochy fit in? Is there really no more to him than a parody of aging cartoons' attempts to revive themselves with terrible new characters?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It took a while, but I managed to finish. Enjoy:

"The Troll Slaiyers" Music Video (Song for Chapter 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbCM1pREIDM

Now, once Aramek completes the next chapter of voice acting, it's onward to the next set of motion comics!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JazzFlight posted:

Now, once Aramek completes the next chapter of voice acting, it's onward to the next set of motion comics!

Amazing! The Mega Man stage select and Brady Bunch picture were great touches.

This also made me realize how much Lazerbot's art has improved since that chapter.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

They opened their mouths. I wouldn't mind so much if the voices were reasonable. Jarry has Simba's voice box or some poo poo like that, and Tom is just so far off it's unreal. I stopped watching right away. Tom and Jerry don't speak...
...except - what are we going to do for voicing them for LazerBot?

JazzFlight posted:

This is several shades of awesome.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

simplefish posted:

They opened their mouths. I wouldn't mind so much if the voices were reasonable. Jarry has Simba's voice box or some poo poo like that, and Tom is just so far off it's unreal. I stopped watching right away. Tom and Jerry don't speak...

Don't miss the Nostalgia Critic on that movie (if you like the Nostalgia Critic).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ruttiger posted:

I'd just like to throw my hat into the ring on the side of the Jerry haters, Jerry is a smug, nasty oval office to Tom all the time. He exists entirely to make Tom's life a misery. always felt that way watching the show and I'm amazed to find so many others did too.

PS thankyou lazerbot for bringing this issue to the fore

Every time I see one of your posts I have to rewatch the dirty cowboy and laugh uproariously.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Soonmot posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPn2hrKSjNg&t=4m32s

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Am I really the only one that enjoyed the Tom and Jerry movie as a kid? I thought the songs were cute. :(

And to add to the "Tom talking" thing, can't forget this episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5LFD9VDq88

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

JazzFlight posted:

Has anyone ever told you that you sound like Weird Al?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Data Graham posted:

Don't miss the Nostalgia Critic on that movie (if you like the Nostalgia Critic).

The Nostalgia Critic is worse than Tom & Jerry talking.

But yeah that movie is pretty bad. Basically the reason they didn't talk is they never had a reason to talk before. There's even a part where Tom and Jerry say at once "YOU CAN TALK!!!"

Droopy does make a cameo in it though. And Tony Jay was a voice in it :swoon:

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Saturday Mornings posted:

Am I really the only one that enjoyed the Tom and Jerry movie as a kid? I thought the songs were cute. :(

No I remember finding it when my grandma took me out to rent some movies and buy ingredients to make a cake together so it's inextricably tied to fond childhood memories.

Same with the godawful Mario movie, unfortunately.

Butthole Milk
Sep 26, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Macaluso posted:

The Nostalgia Critic

gently caress that guy

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

They are only allowed to sing some smooth songs. Not T&J the movie's crap

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
I get legitimately disappointed when I leave for a few days, come back, and there's no new page.

C'mon L-Beezy.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

You can't rush art. :heysexy:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Butthole Milk posted:

gently caress that guy

If you only watch one Nostalgia Critic video (and you should!), make it this one.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Way to cockblock/stand in the way of true love, Jerry.

redmercer posted:

If you only watch one Nostalgia Critic video (and you should!), make it this one.

I'm no Nostalgia Critic apologist, but God drat is this video just as if not more tedious and unfunny as his. Sometimes I need to take a step back and just think about how comedy now stems from someone irritatingly commentating on someone elses irritating comments on a movie released ten years ago. What is this, academia?

EDIT: Having watched more of this video, these guys are worse. They're basically sitting on their prestigious ivory tower of "guys who make lets play videos", whose jokes amount to little more than "You're not funny! You're not doing that right!"

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 14, 2012

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
We clearly need some Lazerbot. Deliver this thread from an untimely demise in the manner of jarry's, our dear friend.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Way to cockblock/stand in the way of true love, Jerry.

I'm no Nostalgia Critic apologist, but God drat is this video just as if not more tedious and unfunny as his. Sometimes I need to take a step back and just think about how comedy now stems from someone irritatingly commentating on someone elses irritating comments on a movie released ten years ago. What is this, academia?

EDIT: Having watched more of this video, these guys are worse. They're basically sitting on their prestigious ivory tower of "guys who make lets play videos", whose jokes amount to little more than "You're not funny! You're not doing that right!"

It is sad to say you appear to be naught but a greenhorn when it comes to metalayered vidcon comedic juxtaposition. I humbly request you enlighten yourself with Mike Dawson's Beginning Retsupurae through Bad Internet Celebrities, Third Edition.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Calico Heart posted:

EDIT: Having watched more of this video, these guys are worse.

:fut:

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Didn't they say that that Retsupurae sucks because the source sucked so it was hard to RP it?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Didn't they say that that Retsupurae sucks because the source sucked so it was hard to RP it?

Man, weak excuse. That video is just straight up two grating nerds repeating that a third grating nerd is terrible over footage of an SNES game.

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008

sorry
tails if
this
looks
gay to
the
viewers

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Yeah that's one of their videos that I actually thought was pretty bad. Even mike dawson standing in his bathroom for the 100th time became funny through sheer repetition but I don't know why that one sucked.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

change my name posted:

Yeah that's one of their videos that I actually thought was pretty bad. Even mike dawson standing in his bathroom for the 100th time became funny through sheer repetition but I don't know why that one sucked.

Because the Nostalgia Critic himself sucks? :v:

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I never thought I'd see a Nostalgia Critic hate derail outside of the critic thread. See what sparse updates does to us Lazerbot. :cry:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

prahanormal posted:

I never thought I'd see a Nostalgia Critic hate derail outside of the critic thread. See what sparse updates does to us Lazerbot. :cry:

Just came to say this.

Guys, what are we going to do when TGT is over? We'll tear each other to pieces! I'm going to lose the only stable thing in my life.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Manwithastick posted:

If you can tell me what a troll is and why it is in any real way different from the other groups of paramilitaries, necromancers, cultists and wandering psychopaths in this comic I'd be very interested in hearing it.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Just came to say this.

Guys, what are we going to do when TGT is over? We'll tear each other to pieces! I'm going to lose the only stable thing in my life.

Badger Lazerbot for a sequel?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

rubbe posted:

sorry
tails if
this
looks
gay to
the
viewers

Shut the gently caress up about youtube superstars (even if one of them is a mod of this very forum) and pay attention to this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Calico Heart posted:

Just came to say this.

Shove money in LB's face until he produces another masterpiece.