Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I am about to head to work and then right from work to (other kind of) cards night. I will take and post up pics late tonight/early tomorrow. But yes, Joseph is a Leaf (blue white) and I have 2 different Lemieux jerseys, both black, one from Pacific something or other circa 2002 and one from this year's Crown Royale Mythology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

darkwolf220 posted:

I am about to head to work and then right from work to (other kind of) cards night. I will take and post up pics late tonight/early tomorrow. But yes, Joseph is a Leaf (blue white) and I have 2 different Lemieux jerseys, both black, one from Pacific something or other circa 2002 and one from this year's Crown Royale Mythology.

I'll probably have to pass on the Landeskog, but I'd love to see a picture of the Morin. I'll probably grab a couple of the bulk jerseys too.

Also going by the card shop tonight, will be watching for the players everyone is looking for in order to have some trade bait :D

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Here are some pics, I think I got all the requests:

Triple patch is blue + white + silver in the first two and blue and white the last.

That Nash patch is from the main crest of the now-defunct inaugural CBJ jersey. The crazy ribbon shaped like a "B" logo or whatever.

If you guys want to buy, just post here what you want, then pay via paypal and be sure to list the cards and an address in the details. Anything over $30 I will cover the shipping on, if it is under $30, please add $3 for s/h. Paypal is shifterdarkwolf at gmail dot com

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

They possibly are. Rumors are surfacing that the NHL will give UD's license to Topps, putting Topps back in the hockey card market.

I would like Chrome hockey. Yes indeed.

Stopped collecting this past fall but I wanted to check out the thread and see if SP Authentic came out. It usually does in April. How far back is UD pushing it?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Danny LaFever posted:

I would like Chrome hockey. Yes indeed.

Stopped collecting this past fall but I wanted to check out the thread and see if SP Authentic came out. It usually does in April. How far back is UD pushing it?

June-ish!

SPX, traditionally a January release, came out last Tuesday.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Decided i'm going to try to go after the 11-12 scratching the surface set. So if anyone has any up for trade/sale for a good deal, let me know :)

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I might. Doing a garage sale today and selling grab bags of cards. 3 inserts or 1 mem card per pack. 5 bucks per 25 pack. I am getting rid of so many base and useless doubles.

Also just sold my Canucks starting six jersey card for 36 bucks. Woo

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

I might. Doing a garage sale today and selling grab bags of cards. 3 inserts or 1 mem card per pack. 5 bucks per 25 pack. I am getting rid of so many base and useless doubles.

Also just sold my Canucks starting six jersey card for 36 bucks. Woo

As well, If you have any bulk mem or cool inserts of any of the guys I collect on the first page. Let me know :P

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
For sure. I just did a quick look through of my junk pile for this sale. Disappeared for two hours came back and sold 15 packs

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Decided i'm going to try to go after the 11-12 scratching the surface set. So if anyone has any up for trade/sale for a good deal, let me know :)

Gustaffson, Horak and Elliott, listed above. Let go of all 3 for $25 if you want them.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Got 2 identical packages from Panini today, so I knew they were my Zac Rinaldo rookie autos from Certified. It looks like he signed a bunch, got tired/lazy/hand cramp and decided to finish off the lot by just putting his initials on. I have one sloppy "Zac Rinaldo" and one "ZR".

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

darkwolf220 posted:

Got 2 identical packages from Panini today, so I knew they were my Zac Rinaldo rookie autos from Certified. It looks like he signed a bunch, got tired/lazy/hand cramp and decided to finish off the lot by just putting his initials on. I have one sloppy "Zac Rinaldo" and one "ZR".

There are some Rip Hamilton (basketball) autos that are literally "R" and a scribble. I think Jonathan Cheechoo has the laziest hockey auto I've ever seen, that's basically J, maybe JC.

Does that BTP card Fukufuji signed in Japanese still go for big bucks? Haven't seen one in a while.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
So i have about 15 packs of my grab bags from my garage sale left.
25 or so cards per pack, (10/11pin11/12pin11-12blackdiamond/11-12certfied/otherstuff//10-11donruss/betweenthepipes)
I have no idea what is in them.
If anyone is interested in them, make me an offer and pay for shipping and they are yours.

Each pack contains 3 inserts/SP/rookie or 1 memo hit(i had 40 packs, and had 14 memos included..jerseys/autos).

I will even offer a special extra memo.

So you will be getting 350ish cards or more!

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Posted it in the other thread but Contenders has some cool hits.

Booklet -

Klingberg
E. Kane
Doane
BizNasty

Starting Line-Ups Booklet
Evgeni Malkin
James Neal
Jordan STaal
Kris Letang
M-A Fleury
And of course.....
Brian Strait???

Nice troll panini

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Pretty sure those are the same six Penguins as in the six-piece jersey card, no?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Pretty sure those are the same six Penguins as in the six-piece jersey card, no?

Yup.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

How many social signatures BizNasty cards are there? I thought it was kinda rare but they're only $15-$30 on eBay. I guess because redemptions suck?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

How many social signatures BizNasty cards are there? I thought it was kinda rare but they're only $15-$30 on eBay. I guess because redemptions suck?

They are not numbered, but limited to 1/case. And I think 10ish players in the set. So I'd say 1/10 cases, but i am sure that the Biznasty is more common than the Bobby Ryan or Evenader Kane. V :) V

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

oh my god oh my god oh my god

http://www.itgtradingcards.com/products-lineup/broad-street-boys

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

oh my god

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Goddammit just give ITG a license already.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Recieved my John Turner & Co boxbreak package from Darkwolf as well as my Andy Miele and OEL package from Gordie. Man, that OEL patch is as obvious when I stack the cards as it could be.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rutkowski posted:

Recieved my John Turner & Co boxbreak package from Darkwolf as well as my Andy Miele and OEL package from Gordie. Man, that OEL patch is as obvious when I stack the cards as it could be.

Glad it came through. I've got some Coyotes stuff from Dominion that I'm trying to find.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

To all the coyotes fans in the thread, i'm sorry LA is allowed to turn into the boards and draw 5 minute majors against your captain....

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Got Rut's package today for the Smith trade.
Also, Super stoked on the burnable sedin card!

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Ashekaban posted:

Got Rut's package today for the Smith trade.
Also, Super stoked on the burnable sedin card!
Hope you liked them. Had a bunch of those MVP autos around of players I don't particularly liked so I figured the RNH auto could get some friends to tag along.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Got the jets in a contenders break, will let you guys know what I come out with

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just a question regarding that Broad Street Boys set and maybe more in general, when do prices usually get released for products? I'm interested in buying at least one box of it.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Got rookie autos of Klingberg and Schifele as well as a Postma rookie in the case break. Not too shabby, debating jumping in a second, we shall see.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Surmy posted:

Got rookie autos of Klingberg and Schifele as well as a Postma rookie in the case break. Not too shabby, debating jumping in a second, we shall see.

If there's anything you can use for those, I'm doing the Contenders set again this year. I know you're a Jets guy, but I can use Contenders base autos.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

shyguy posted:

Just a question regarding that Broad Street Boys set and maybe more in general, when do prices usually get released for products? I'm interested in buying at least one box of it.

Given a quick search and ITG's product history I'd say you're looking at $90-$100

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Quantril: Sorry I have not replied about it, but I do have your cards ready to go. I have been working overnights all week so it has been hecktic. If you want I can mail them out tomorrow or Saturday if I can get to the post office, or I can wait and send them with everything from next weekend's break, let me know.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

darkwolf220 posted:

Quantril: Sorry I have not replied about it, but I do have your cards ready to go. I have been working overnights all week so it has been hecktic. If you want I can mail them out tomorrow or Saturday if I can get to the post office, or I can wait and send them with everything from next weekend's break, let me know.

You can send them with the break stuff.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Jumping in my last non-SA break for a month or so. 1 case of Crown Royale and and 1 case of contenders. Definitly a higher end break, hopping to end up with a high pick.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Surmy posted:

Jumping in my last non-SA break for a month or so. 1 case of Crown Royale and and 1 case of contenders. Definitly a higher end break, hopping to end up with a high pick.

Please share how Contenders turns out. I was thinking of getting into that product after we wrap up the case break of Pinnacle.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Sharp_angus posted:

Please share how Contenders turns out. I was thinking of getting into that product after we wrap up the case break of Pinnacle.

Was in a case break of contenders on release day. It's a very nice set, with lots of hard signed autos. Patches are roughly 1 in every 2.5 boxes. Every box seems to have atleast one good auto. Overall like most products some good boxes some weak boxes. but overall I'm personally a fan of the set. Much better than the garbage known as Elite.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Was in a case break of contenders on release day. It's a very nice set, with lots of hard signed autos. Patches are roughly 1 in every 2.5 boxes. Every box seems to have atleast one good auto. Overall like most products some good boxes some weak boxes. but overall I'm personally a fan of the set. Much better than the garbage known as Elite.

ELITE IS KING.
super sweet...

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

ELITE IS KING.
super sweet...

Also, our case of contenders didin't get a booklet which was super lame. It did however get the Gabriel Landeskog - Tyler Seguin - Victor Hedman triple auto

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I am a big fan of contenders and the next break or two will feature at least some contenders. Probably all new stuff for a small like Contenders, SPX, BTP, Certified, something something.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Won http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300709372517?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true#ht_500wt_1413

Price is right for me atleast. Well if anyone wants to chat with me tonight while i'm in a dual case GB feel free to join me in http://www.blogtv.com/people/cloutsnchara and toss me a PM. Always looking for company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Break went pretty good, I ended up getting Winnipeg(taking them way higher than I should have) and chicago(way lower than I should have been able to)

Chicago hits:
Marcus Krueger contenders rookie
Marcus Krueger contenders rookie auto
Crown Royale Toews patch 2/25, sweet patch

Winnipeg
Denis Bayuk voices of the game auto
Carl Klingberg crown royale auto
Byfuglien all the kings men jersey
Postma contenders rookie
Postma contenders rookie uato

and

Mark Scheifele sp rookie auto

Pretty happy....

Did I mention, I had another hit?

Redemption though...

I guess i'll have to settle....

Contenders Matchup autograph booklet card....

Carl Klingberg - Evander Kane - Paul Bissonnette - Shane Doan

winner winner chicken dinner!

• Locked thread