Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode

fleshweasel posted:

I mean, the glitch has major applications in TP because it starts you with Epona, a sword and shield immediately. Link's title screen state in WW is completely identical to that of a new game.

It would be nice to play WW again, but gently caress me if it's not expensive. It's almost $40 on amazon right now. I'm surprised Nintendo never put out a $20 player's choice version or whatever.

Check a smaller used game shop if you have one wherever you live. I got WW awhile back for 14.99. Even Gamestop has it cheaper than $40 though, but not online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think he might not have much intention of playing Japanese. The differences are that the cabana deed skip is harder or impossible (can't remember) and the ghost ship contains a regular treasure chart, which sends you on a string of treasure charts to finally get the triforce chart. He put a FAQ on pastebin somewhere. There is SO much time to save in the run though. I'll bet sub 5:40 with tuner.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What are the sorts of things that you can do with the tuner to speed things up? It's been ages since I last played so I can't even remember everything it does.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

flatluigi posted:

What are the sorts of things that you can do with the tuner to speed things up? It's been ages since I last played so I can't even remember everything it does.

It allows you to buy a heal which saves you after doing a Zombie Hover.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Oh nice, I just noticed that SDA put up information about the SGDQ marathon. I'm really surprised that UltraJman is still able to participate in this after his near breakdown at the end of the last marathon.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Deki posted:

Oh nice, I just noticed that SDA put up information about the SGDQ marathon. I'm really surprised that UltraJman is still able to participate in this after his near breakdown at the end of the last marathon.

His negative aspects aside, the fact of the matter is he has quite a viewership, and even people who don't like him might watch just to see if he freaks out and goes ballistic, anyway.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

Zeether posted:

Last night I was watching Uyama try to break his Sub-Terrania hard mode record, he got super close before dying just before the last boss :(

Well there's an invisible death pixel I'd never seen before.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I think Cosmo just went live with Tingle Tuner practice for Wind Waker. A prelude to hopefully a new record soon!

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

I haven't been following it too much, but how much time is the Tingle tuner supposed to save?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:woop: about 10-15 minutes, but I'll bet the sequence breaks also help limit fuckups occurring on the course of the normal dungeon route. All you have to do with the zombie poo poo is just get good at mashing, which he was doing with the helmaroc king skip.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

His negative aspects aside, the fact of the matter is he has quite a viewership, and even people who don't like him might watch just to see if he freaks out and goes ballistic, anyway.

I hope someone donates with transcripts from that video or his responses in the comment. I am a horrible person but I am donating big if he freaks out at SGDQ and makes a scene. They could even stage it.

e: Tingle tuner owns. Are there any walk-on-air skips with it or just heals?
e: http://pastebin.com/uQ0X43ng Cosmo's WW faq

I should probably be used to it by now but people in Cosmo's stream just keep asking the same few questions over and over again.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 12, 2012

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
As amusing and hosed up as I found the fight with his mother to be, I really don't think trying to make a big deal out of it during the charity event is good timing.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't go on at least one rant during the marathon, though.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well, from their end it's as simple as choosing to not read out any comments about the incident and banhammer in chat. He should be expecting it though.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Also a nicely-worded "watch the language this time" warning would help.

I had no idea SGDQ was this month. The "summer" aspect of it threw me off.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Well we're going to be keeping the language under control just because of where it'll be again.

And yeah, it's more like Spring Games this time. I'm not sure when we'll shoot for next year, I think it was decided May made more sense this time but I forget why.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Is the Swedish event still going ahead in august?

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
As far as I know, yeah. I haven't really heard much about that because it's not an "official" SDA event, even though we have several European SDAers in attendance.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Klaige is doing more CV Bloodlines attempts. Could this be the day he finally gets the run? He's been getting closer and closer every time he streams.

http://www.twitch.tv/klaige

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Klaige is doing more CV Bloodlines attempts. Could this be the day he finally gets the run? He's been getting closer and closer every time he streams.

http://www.twitch.tv/klaige

He did 30:50.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Was just about to post that, he's yelling and super pumped about it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

He did it!!!!! Also I totally called it near the beginning of the run. :smug:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Holy poo poo, congrats to Klaige! I'm stuck at my uncle's right now but I hope he archives that poo poo.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

iastudent posted:

Holy poo poo, congrats to Klaige! I'm stuck at my uncle's right now but I hope he archives that poo poo.

He's planning to make a highlight of it and he said that he might do a replay later on so he can commentate on it.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I wish commentary was more common with speedruns and tases. They make things so much more enjoyable. I've been catching up on the last few runs from AGDQ that I haven't watched yet since they're all long rpgs. The commentary is what makes these long things watchable and helps out a lot on games you're less familiar with.

The Crystalis tas has a lua script the author submitted that shows hitboxes and relevant memory values all throughout and it does a really good job of explaining all the little details.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

iastudent posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/klaige/b/317977796

Run starts at 30:00 in.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vakal posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/klaige/b/317977796

Run starts at 30:00 in.

God drat he got so hyped after Medusa. That was awesome.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
Phew, I just checked and nothing in the Marathon that I want to watch conflicts with the Eurovision Song Contest. Panic over.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Kyrosiris posted:

God drat he got so hyped after Medusa. That was awesome.

This guy is so goddamn good at popping off.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

This week on The Sunday Sequence Break is the Ape Escape episode with No Name and SimStim. The pre-show banter has already started: http://www.twitch.tv/thesundaysequencebreak

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Cosmo just got 5:56:34 in Wind Waker (w/ Tingle Tuner) during a race with Samura1man. That's an improvement of 12 minutes off his previous WR (also w/ Tuner). :stare:

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 16, 2012

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How does the Tingle Tuner speed up runs? I never thought it actually had some good use.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Liku posted:

How does the Tingle Tuner speed up runs? I never thought it actually had some good use.

From this,

quote:

If I perform the Zombie Hover glitch, I can use Tingle's healing to survive afterwards, which lets me perform sequence breaks in Dragon Roost Cavern, Forbidden Woods, and Wind Temple.

He can basically fly straight up after reaching 0 hearts and heal himself with the Tingle Tuner before he lands.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Taken from Cosmo's Wind Waker FAQ:

quote:

---What is a Tingle Tuner and why does it save time?---

The Tingle Tuner is an in-game item that Tingle gives you. If you have a GBA connected you can buy a healing item. If I perform the Zombie Hover glitch, I can use Tingle's healing to survive afterwards, which lets me perform sequence breaks in Dragon Roost Cavern, Forbidden Woods, and Wind Temple.

E:F,B. Oh well.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's loving amazing, I need to catch one of these runs.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Speedrunners are an interesting bunch.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Vakal posted:

Speedrunners are an interesting bunch.
On that note, PJ is streaming torch speed run attempts for Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Flicky and Feasel on skype with PJ in a call and is an amazing watch if not listen with their banter at the moment. Shame he's having a hard time with the early stage 3 fire bears.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

E-Tap posted:

On that note, PJ is streaming torch speed run attempts for Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Flicky and Feasel on skype with PJ in a call and is an amazing watch if not listen with their banter at the moment. Shame he's having a hard time with the early stage 3 fire bears.

Flicky currently listing British slang terms for rain.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Had to wonder something, when I didn't find a run of it on SDA...how is it that Feasel has NOT done Milon's Secret Castle yet?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Pokemon Yellow got a new glitched run. Official completion time is 0:00.

Professor Oak posted:

Pokedex
Seen: 152
Owned: 152
Pokedex rating: TM8 TM8 nROCKET8 8 \/8 i z t 1 d 1 error.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

"Congratulations Ash! This is the Pokemon Hall of fame, where people are honored for their exploits!" Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's neat the graphics aren't actually as distorted as the similarly-executed TAS of the same nature, as well as being done on-console.

• Locked thread