Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I just got word on the next translation that's wrapping up from Nagoyan. I don't think anyone has requested this episode but it's one that is going to blow your minds. It ranks up there among the craziest episodes and from the game you wouldn't expect to be a crazy episode...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Nipponophile posted:

No, no, it's Matsumoto... You know, like this guy:

Yeah, it's taken me way longer than it should have to finish the timing and typesetting on this, but I'm almost done and I mean it this time. If I don't have it finished by the end of this weekend, I will submit to whatever manner of batsu game is deemed appropriate.

I only know Matsumoto from Absolutely Tasty but I like his style. He's kind of the Moe figure of the group. (To not be confused with moe)

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Hahaha, Tojima's reaction when he introduced presents 39 and 40.

"These two are from your family."

"Tokiko?"

"T-Tokiko...? :stonk:"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

redmercer posted:

I only know Matsumoto from Absolutely Tasty but I like his style. He's kind of the Moe figure of the group. (To not be confused with moe)

As good as he is in those, he's even better in a lot of his other work. Just youtube "downtown matsumoto" or something and spend hours enjoying his comedic stylings.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

If you want a Matsumoto fix, you should visit the Japanese TV thread Matsumoto Appreciation Station .

Alternatively, consider watching some of his movies, like Symbol or Big Man Japan. They're pretty great.

Most of all though, catch up on the Batsu games. Just do it.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Caitlin posted:

Hooray my lovely Japanese worked! He just seems like such a genuinely nice guy, especially to his fans. :buddy:

I can't read this jibba jabba, what does this say?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Mayor McCheese posted:

I can't read this jibba jabba, what does this say?

Caitlin: Arino Kachou, we're rooting for you, please fight on! I hope you understand my poor Japanese.

Arino: Thank you. I understand. I'm pleased.

(more or less)

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Thank you so much to everyone involved with bringing us these episodes! I really love watching them and it makes me so happy that we have folks like the SA GCCX Team that loves Game Center CX enough to bring them to us in such high quality.

You ladies and gentlemen are the very best. Thanks.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

That is amazing and should be added to OP if not already.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Loved the special! Kirby dev...wow...I wonder if the entire game is some sort of projection...?

I will never tire of the songs created for this show---incredible!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Loved the special! Kirby dev...wow...I wonder if the entire game is some sort of projection...?

sob...sob..."This is how much I suck."

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
After seeing the 40th bday compilation, I am hoping for a sub of the Pilotwings epiode. The raw looked OK. I have the raw on my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnTzCaxpBLE

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
I now have video evidence of my fax being on the show that I can gleefully wave at disinterested friends and family.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I finished my translations for Discotek :toot: You'll have to excuse me if I want to take a short break before returning to my SAGCCX duties, though...

vvv No, I'm watching the Discotek facebook page for any news on that.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 16, 2012

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So any idea of an eta on the DVD release?

Bo Steed
Apr 12, 2012

Kacho: ON
Very nice. I'm waiting eagerly with wallet in hand.

I'm pretty sure we can wait, though. A little spoiled by 3 releases in a row, but total burnout would suck more than a little break. Besides, not like they're really "duties" to begin with.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vlaphor posted:

So any idea of an eta on the DVD release?

Last word was approximately September.

If that works out there's an interesting coincidence. The show will be shooting episode 150 right about the same time as the DVD release. Time for another overseas trip?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Neato, I'll be sitting here, waiting for the Discotek announcement, too. :toot:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Vlaphor posted:

sob...sob..."This is how much I suck."

More like maybe the dude is just so hungry but somehow can't make it happen? Secret competitive eater/masked luchador type? I just kind of want to see him be sat down to a platter of biscuits and go to town on it, or maybe something Kirby appropriate outside of just trapping him in a room filled with cotton candy and the like.

The choice of clips for the new song was perfectly executed---how they might ever top such a selection is beyond me though I guess hope springs eternal with each subsequent season

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
New episode!

Episode #140
5/24/2012
Kattobi! Takuhai-Kun
Pc-Engine game

I hope that english title sounds accurate. Title is from gamefaqs. Looks like a hard game.

Any gameplay videos around!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 17, 2012

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Basic info on the game.

http://pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Kattobi_Takuhaikun.htm

and that's pretty much all the info I could find. Nothing on Youtube with multiple searches, almost wanted to load up a rom and make my own video, but it seems my lack of Japanese would impede that.

Might be an interesting episode, depending on how much basic movement/monotony there is (which Arino likes).

Edit--I found footage...about a second or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZCTDh18fmwo#t=454s

If the link doesn't work right, it's at 7:34

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 17, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

I really can't wait for this. After being fully introduced to the greatness of Downtown (and Gaki no Tsukai) via the Shibata Bread subs and seeing Arino dressed as Char on AmeTalk, I couldn't be more ready.

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
Night of the Sickle Weasel was kinda hard to watch. But the segments were great as always.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

taopriest posted:

Night of the Sickle Weasel was kinda hard to watch. But the segments were great as always.

Hard? How so? Sure, it was text-heavy, but Arino narrated everything, making it rather easy to follow. When Arino had to stop to make a decision between multiple choices, at least I had to pause the video to read everything on screen, though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I didn't see it as being "hard" to watch, but hard to follow the game, I had no idea how Arino got to the conclusions he did or why any of the endings happened.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vlaphor posted:

Might be an interesting episode, depending on how much basic movement/monotony there is (which Arino likes).

I'm getting a Tenka no Goikenban vibe from the game. This should be an odd one.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Nipponophile posted:

Holy heck this is going to be amazing.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ninja Gaiden? I can't see him even scratching the surface...

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Liku posted:

Ninja Gaiden? I can't see him even scratching the surface...

In the words of the omnipresent Narrator: Never underestimate that man's tenacity!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
You guys are releasing episodes faster than I can keep up with, and I can't thank you enough for that.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
Late to the party on this one. One of the first episodes I got but I apparently didn't watch it until last night: Game Center CX in the USA.

I think I have a new favorite episode.

"What is a popular game in the United States?"
"Super Nintendo.. at least here."
"Ah, Super Nintendo?.... ... I am tired from a very long trip." :v:

Edit: And the Uncle Fester shocking machine. I recognized it immediately since there's one at the local movie theater. I love Arino, but I have to say the best parts of the show are when you know what torture he's in for, but he's completely clueless. :3:

Roberto_Silencio fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 18, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Discotek posted on Facebook that the DVD collection will be released on September 18th. I can't wait! :D

Bo Steed
Apr 12, 2012

Also, this image never fails to amuse me and blow my mind:

Edit: ^^^vvv So excited. For real.

Bo Steed fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 18, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Obeast posted:

Discotek posted on Facebook that the DVD collection will be released on September 18th. I can't wait! :D

Link

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Hopefully I'll be able to tear myself away from Borderlands 2 that day to check out the superior translations. Can't wait.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Bo Steed posted:

Also, this image never fails to amuse me and blow my mind:

I remember the Japanese fan reaction to this shot. Many of them recognized it as "that bridge from Full House."

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm pretty sure that's actually the place where Starfleet Academy is.

Bo Steed
Apr 12, 2012

Ugh... You guys are killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

OP subtitle links need updating. Is there a place I can get them? Was hoping to load up on these before a flight tomorrow. :( My Japanese is nowhere near good enough to understand what's going on, either.