Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Don't do so much physical activity in jeans. Get work pants that breathe, you'll be happier and less smelly.

And if, like me, you work at an office where you can get away with wearing nice jeans, those jeans are basically jackets for your legs, and can be washed as such.

Edit: good point on the humidity, though. That makes everything gross.

wafflesnsegways fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
How DARE wiggles imply that I sweat from my rear end. My perfect Asian hairless body does NOT sweat from anywhere below the armpits, sir. I wash my jeans never, because I have a holy Asian aura of dirt and smell repulsion.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

EVG posted:

Edited out jeans talk because whatever I would have said has already been said a few posts back!

Does anyone have a link to the Spaghetti Carbonara thread? I wanted to try that recipe tonight but for the life of me, I can't find it in this forum or the Goldmine.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2978332

I even tried it with Guanciale once, and yeah it totally overwhelms... pancetta really is king

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

dino. posted:

@The Macaroni: I'm guessing your wife like Gujarati food, what with their sugar in freaking EVERYTHING, up to and including daal? :gonk: I saw in another thread (gravi's, I think) about her love for tomato sauce being loaded with sweet. Ugh.
Yup. And funny that you mention Gujarati daal--the first time I tried it, I freaked out and asked my friend, "You're screwing with me, right? This is some kind of kheer and you just put it on rice to fool me?" Nope.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This is a silly argument. Much more important than whether or not Wiggles likes to wear clean clothes is his flagrant disregard for the rules of the English language!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

somewhat unique

Your lifestyle can be unique or not, it cannot be somewhat unique. Unique is an absolute.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Scientastic posted:

Your lifestyle can be unique or not, it cannot be somewhat unique. Unique is an absolute.

I am quasi-unique. Or semi-unique. But I am not somewhat unique.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

Scientastic posted:

I think misuse of unique is my single greatest word pet peeve at the moment. I was meeting with a client last week who kept saying super-unique and "we want to do it just like X so we're unique."

I wanted to stabbity stab...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Toast posted:

"we want to do it just like X so we're unique."

I think that might be simultaneously the best and worst thing I've ever heard.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Steve Yun posted:

I am looking forward to the Gravity vs Wiggles duel where Wiggles has to buy all his ingredients from Costco and Gravity has to buy all his from an immigrant-owned non-chain store where nobody speaks English

Not emptyquoting. Just saying I'd watch this.

Also,

GWS Culinary Chat: Don't wash your pants for six months, then use them for stock.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Darval posted:

Not emptyquoting. Just saying I'd watch this.

Also,

GWS Culinary Chat: Don't wash your pants for six months, then use them for stock.

Mmmm. Just like dry aging beef.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

Scientastic posted:

I died a little inside.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Toast posted:

I think misuse of unique is my single greatest word pet peeve at the moment. I was meeting with a client last week who kept saying super-unique and "we want to do it just like X so we're unique."

I wanted to stabbity stab...

Whatever it was, I hope you suggested the typeface "Papyrus".

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Gravity has to buy all his from an immigrant-owned non-chain store where nobody speaks English

This is funny because that is the kind of store I do most of my shopping. Were you trying to make the challenge hard or make it a new experience for me or something? I only ever shop at costco for bulk supplies or for dinner parties.

...and gas and the occasional $1.50 hot dog.

Edit: but really, I don't wish to battle Wiggles. I respect his life choices and think that he is commendable for the level of effort he is willing to put in for his ideals. It's just that judgmental people irk me, and I'd think that for how Wigglesy Wiggles is he'd appreciate that some people appreciate quality, handcrafted, non sweatshop labor denim. anyway, enough denim chat.

GrAviTy84 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 18, 2012

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Just wear jorts, problem solved!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
A:

homerlaw posted:

Q:
what to do if you're a gay 'bottom' guy who really just wants to have his hair pulled and rear end hammered like a girl - but who also wants to retain some sense of masculinity!

perfect! I'd always wondered.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Darval posted:

Scientastic posted:

Happy Abobo
Jun 21, 2007

Looks tastier, anyway.

homerlaw posted:

I remember seeing some horrifying poo poo on Consumption Junction when I was younger. This is the worst yet.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I was thinking much the same thing, HA.

BTW, when I first noticed your blue star, I saw your name as "Happy Adobo." Given the nature of GWS, that would not be a bad name change at all.

Edit: Although I love your avatar. :3:

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

homerlaw posted:

Mohawk!

Skullet!

Beetface!

Jorts!

Clunky cell phone!

By your powers combined, I am Captain Midwesterner!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Oh man this Jaccard tenderizer thing is really loving great. I used it on some duck breast I cooked in the tepid puddle and it was quite quite super nice and tender... Next time I'm going to put a heavy weight on the duck breast when I sear the skin so that it spreads out and gets more crispy like chicken under a brick.

I don't hear about Jaccard much here but it's pretty much an awesome bonus with no drawback sort of thing to do with meat... am very excited to use it on some hanger steak.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 19, 2012

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

GrAviTy84 posted:

So when are you going to make escargot using Malaysian Trumpet Snails?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

So when are you going to make escargot using Malaysian Trumpet Snails?

hah! Those would be the smallest escargots ever.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I don't wear underwear and would sometimes not wash my shop pants for like a week of daily wear. If I was doing metal work they would get that shine to them like homeless people pants.

Oddly enough this period of my life was also when I was most successful with the ladies. Perhaps the smell of ball sweat, Liquid Wrench, and old dust is some kind of turn on?

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:

The Macaroni posted:

I was thinking much the same thing, HA.

BTW, when I first noticed your blue star, I saw your name as "Happy Adobo." Given the nature of GWS, that would not be a bad name change at all.

Edit: Although I love your avatar. :3:

...you mean it hasn't always been Happy Adobo?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

GrAviTy84 posted:

hah! Those would be the smallest escargots ever.

It's all about quantity in this case.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

bunnielab posted:

I don't wear underwear and would sometimes not wash my shop pants for like a week of daily wear. If I was doing metal work they would get that shine to them like homeless people pants.

Oddly enough this period of my life was also when I was most successful with the ladies. Perhaps the smell of ball sweat, Liquid Wrench, and old dust is some kind of turn on?

Speaking personally, no, it's not.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Charmmi posted:

...you mean it hasn't always been Happy Adobo?

I've thought it was Happy Adobo this whole time too. Whoops.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Kenning posted:

I've thought it was Happy Adobo this whole time too. Whoops.

I made the exact same mistake!

Happy Abobo
Jun 21, 2007

Looks tastier, anyway.
Ok seriously nobody played Double Dragon? :(

I gotta change this thing.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Happy Abobo posted:

Ok seriously nobody played Double Dragon? :(

I gotta change this thing.

wait who were you

Lyssavirus
Oct 9, 2007
Symptoms include swelling of the brain (encephalitis), numbness, muscle weakness, coma, and death.

Happy Hat posted:

I made the exact same mistake!

Ditto. I always wondered what Double Dragon had to do with delicious food.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
You had a terrible name.

I will assume you changed it in light of my criticism. I am using past tense because "Happy Abobo" is the name a 14-year-old backyard wrestler scrawls into his trapper keeper with a felt pen and I refuse to believe an adult might share the same mindset.

Happy Abobo
Jun 21, 2007

Looks tastier, anyway.
Shows what you know: I used ballpoint.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

What the hell is Raw Denim, and how come that is a thing? Also, my uniform is wool suits, that can only be dry cleaned, this means that as soon as I get home they get taken off, and I wear something different, because gently caress wearing chemically laden clothes all the time.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Happy Hat posted:

What the hell is Raw Denim, and how come that is a thing?

It's like high cotton.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Not googling that, chances are that it is some sort of weird sexual thing, with used tampons, dipped in methyl alcohol and inserted in the male urethra.

Edit: Probably someone should be shouting something in german while doing this too..

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 20, 2012

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Happy Hat posted:

Not googling that, chances are that it is some sort of weird sexual thing, with used tampons, dipped in methyl alcohol and inserted in the male urethra.

Edit: Probably someone should be shouting something in german while doing this too..

Wow, your mind is a scary place. I was just drawing what I thought was a humourous comparison to raw paleo and high meat. Obviously I failed.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Scientastic posted:

Wow, your mind is a scary place. I was just drawing what I thought was a humourous comparison to raw paleo and high meat. Obviously I failed.

It wasn't until I met you guys!

Edit: Also - I forgot you're not American for a while there, so that would mean that it is safe to google, and completely unperverted.

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 20, 2012

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

....and the second picture of my GIS was :nws: this :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Happy Hat posted:

....and the second picture of my GIS was :nws: this :nws:

Am I glad that I cannot access that? Sure.