Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

Did he bow?

I uploaded JXL Radio Technical Support, which has that robot voice from the beginning of the Game Center CX opening (around 0:37):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U50utXgkeow

Hearing that sample and that one small part of the beat, but not the rest of the GCCX intro feels weird. Kind of like the musical equivalent to walking up the stairs and thinking there's one more step than there is. Like it's missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Now, I'm curious what that robot voice actually says.

I've owned a copy of that record basically since it came out (exceedingly worth it if you're into eighties pop, the Robert Smith, Gary Numan and Dave Gahan tracks are phenomenal, and the remainder at least listenable) and I have never known.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So, has anyone asked Tom Holkenborg what the voice actually says yet?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Random Stranger posted:

So, has anyone asked Tom Holkenborg what the voice actually says yet?

Just fired a tweet his way asking.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Didn't we have this same discussion in the last thread, with everyone agreeing it was 'Playstation Broadcast'? :v:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I didn't see the discussion before but it just I always heard "playstation broadcast."

LimburgLimbo posted:

Yeah I go to Sophia. Our classes are indeed different, in that we actually have to do work, but then we also actually learn poo poo. At least insofar as anyone learns in a liberal arts department. Also, there are plenty of exchange students, but they come and go and tend to stick to themselves, and the regular full-time students are ~80% Japanese by blood (though kikokushijo or international school kids), with most of the remaining percent being other Korean/Chinese/Taiwainese, so I still get to be a special white flower.
:respek: I took business there and aside from a couple clubs it was very hard to be a special white flower. Even stuff like traditional Japanese archery was packed full of charming black girls and guys who went to Japan exclusively for hatsune miku. How are you enjoying the the Chuo line this time of year? Do the right-wing political trucks still drive by and blare that the tolerance of foreigners is ruining the country?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's obviously "releasing broadcast". :colbert:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Heran Bago posted:

I didn't see the discussion before but it just I always heard "playstation broadcast."
Oh thank god I'm not the only one who thought this.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Now, I'm curious what that robot voice actually says.
I hear nothing other than "rephasing broadcast". :/

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I hear "Replacing Broadcast". Like if it's a hacker replacing the normal broadcast! :v:

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
There's no way in hell I'm right but I hear ray tracing broadcast every time.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

PkerUNO posted:

I hear nothing other than "rephasing broadcast". :/

Me, too. There's a fairly clear "f" sound in there that sorta limits what it could be.

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:

Crotch Bat posted:

Me, too. There's a fairly clear "f" sound in there that sorta limits what it could be.

"Prefacing broadcast", as in "This is the part that comes before the main show".

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

McLaglen posted:

"Prefacing broadcast", as in "This is the part that comes before the main show".

Nope. It comes at the end of the album.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

:iiam:

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Prefacing broadcast it is! Or, you know, whatever floats your boat.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Hey, I know it's been awhile since it's been posted, but could anyone send the GCCX Stationary for Swapnote?

FC: 3866-8037-5256

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

DaMangoSentinel posted:

Hey, I know it's been awhile since it's been posted, but could anyone send the GCCX Stationary for Swapnote?

FC: 3866-8037-5256

Aaah! Me too! 1375-7236-8475.

I love this show. :allears:

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

Sentinel and Caitlin: Add 0946-2283-6120 to your lists, and you should have the stationery within a day.

Make sure you've actually unlocked the Stationery function first (by creating and saving 5 notes), otherwise it won't work.

Also, if you're missing anything else listed here, they can be sent to you as well.

Reagle
Feb 16, 2011

Otter you waiting for?

McLaglen posted:

Sentinel and Caitlin: Add 0946-2283-6120 to your lists, and you should have the stationery within a day.

Make sure you've actually unlocked the Stationery function first (by creating and saving 5 notes), otherwise it won't work.

Also, if you're missing anything else listed here, they can be sent to you as well.

Me too, please?

FC: 4596-9851-2365

Also just want to say thanks to everyone who gave me the chance to watch these! The show is incredible and I would have never known about it without you. Thanks!

Tetrakarn
Nov 1, 2011
Slap me with all the stationary, Mclag!

FC: 0473-8803-0851

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Thanks! I'll take the Nintendo Direct Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Dragon Quest ones, if you're offering as well.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

McLaglen posted:

I sent you a note with the ones I need. :3: Thanks! I love goons. :allears:

If anyone else wants to add me feel free, just let me know so I can add you back. :)

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007

McLaglen posted:

You mind sending me that DQM one? I didn't know that existed.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011

McLaglen posted:

Wow, I didn't realize I was missing so many from Japan.

I believe you've already added me, you sent me stationery before, so no problem there. Name on 3DS is the same here. Could you send me the New years, Mario, two Capcom, and DQM stationery? I think I have everything else...

Thanks a bunch!

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Drop in a token, look at a duck
I managed to get the stationary last time you friendly goons offered it, but unfortunately I left that 3DS on a plane. Where it wound up, I'll never know. I like to picture it running freely, untethered by my grubby hands.

My new friend code is 1461-7241-9442. I'd love to get that GCCX stationary again, and the Mario and DQM ones ain't too shabby either.

Back on topic: Thanks to everyone for the gamut of new episodes lately! I haven't even had time to get caught up on the last couple, but Sickle Weasel sounds delightful.

Bo Steed
Apr 12, 2012

Kacho: ON
Not sure if anyone saw already/cares, but Destructoid ran an article about the DVD. It's almost like people other than us are paying attention!

PS: Since other people are spamming it, I may as well jump on the jolly bandwagon. 5327-0915-6612 would love the stationary if anyone is giving it out. Any and all, really, though people may be getting tired of all this by now.

So anyway, yeah. Still eagerly waiting for the DVD. So far away....

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Have KOTAK even run a story about the DVD yet?

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
Does anyone have access to the tinyurl the old thread used? tinyurl.com/sagccx links to the old thread (which is out of date and not public).

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Episode 60 begins with Toujima's documentary about the Xmas special. Has it been translated and I've missed it or can I go ahead and keep watching becuase it won't be translated anytime soon?

I just want to avoid spoiling the Xmas miracle for mysel!

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Random Stranger posted:

:toot:Arino's 40th Birthday Spectacular!:toot:

The translator on this one is zari-gani who I think actually got some of that sushi they had set out for the party. No word on if she got any of the cake.

Of course all of this from beginning to end is because of the entire SA Team. Everyone needs to take a bow.

Download torrent81 (1 file; 377.48 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Just got around to watching this but I was wondering if there's a plan to translate the actual game segments as well or will you only do the birthday stuff? I thought the game looked pretty interesting.

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

Splash Damage posted:

Episode 60 begins with Toujima's documentary about the Xmas special. Has it been translated and I've missed it or can I go ahead and keep watching becuase it won't be translated anytime soon?

I just want to avoid spoiling the Xmas miracle for mysel!

You may as well watch the episode, since the 'full' live Quest Of Kai challenge is notoriously long and boring. The only translation it ever received (and may ever receive) was SAGCCX's recent April Fool's gag; a parody mistranslation of the first hour, created by "the Sugoi Squad".

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

the least weasel posted:

Just got around to watching this but I was wondering if there's a plan to translate the actual game segments as well or will you only do the birthday stuff? I thought the game looked pretty interesting.

You're crazy if you think watching someone fail the same level in Pilot Wings for hours is a fun viewing experience.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

the least weasel posted:

It's really not; Pilotwings is a horrible game and just incredibly tedious. There's really no highlights of his play (and I watched most of the marathon) because it's hard for him (or anyone really) to judge his height from the ground and he constantly has to restart and redo challenges due to the stupid way in which the game progresses. I honestly would say it's the most boring game he's played.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I'm finally caught up to the current episode! I even managed to get through the Pilotwings special. Of the live specials, that one was definitely the worst so far simply because there was too much Arino getting beaten down by the game and the time for each attempt was quite long. Even on Quest of Ki, the levels were relatively short so there were quite a few exciting moments where he managed to come close. The biggest mistake, though, was that they didn't spend anywhere near long enough on the presents, and in fact missed out a bunch of them for time!

The talk of Sophia U above brings back memories. I was there for a year abroad in 02-03. I remember that the off campus department where my lessons took place reminded me a lot of Saved by the Bell, and I ended up getting quite good at Virtua Fighter 4.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

uiruki posted:

The talk of Sophia U above brings back memories. I was there for a year abroad in 02-03. I remember that the off campus department where my lessons took place reminded me a lot of Saved by the Bell, and I ended up getting quite good at Virtua Fighter 4.

Don't want to start another derail, for all I love ragging on Japanese colleges, but the international department got renamed and moved to the main campus in '06. I've actually never been to the Ichigaya campus.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

LimburgLimbo posted:

Don't want to start another derail, for all I love ragging on Japanese colleges, but the international department got renamed and moved to the main campus in '06. I've actually never been to the Ichigaya campus.

Haha, yeah, I remember people telling me that. They moved to where the old dorm (where I stayed - oh, the stories!) Was, and I remember it being part of the massive works that were going on the last time I went onto the campus to check out the Sophia festival in 08. Apparently the amount of litter on campus massively increased when the FCC was moved to Yotsuya!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

uiruki posted:

Haha, yeah, I remember people telling me that. They moved to where the old dorm (where I stayed - oh, the stories!) Was, and I remember it being part of the massive works that were going on the last time I went onto the campus to check out the Sophia festival in 08. Apparently the amount of litter on campus massively increased when the FCC was moved to Yotsuya!

I don't see much litter now, but FLA (what it's called now) kids leave poo poo in the cafeteria way too drat often. It's not the exchange students either, it's the regular kikoku kids.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Mister Chief posted:

Have KOTAK even run a story about the DVD yet?
Nah, they're too busy writing reviews of Celery with Peanut Butter on top. You know, gaming news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

the least weasel posted:

No. For one thing around eight of the ten hours of the challenge are the same level.

Essentially just because the inherent nature of the live challenges there's no chance of doing any of them other than Takeshi's Challenge. Do you really want to give up ten episodes for the sake just one live challenge? Something that isn't really that interesting to watch anyway?

Liku posted:

I honestly would say it's the most boring game he's played.

I don't know if I'd go that far. There's a few others I'd complain about...