Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Happy Hat posted:

....and the second picture of my GIS was :nws: this :nws:

Ah art. Source of the second oldest lie in the book. "Of course you need to take your clothes off, this is for *art*."

The first oldest being, "just the tip, I promise."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
"I'll pull out before I cum, promise".

Who believes HH only became this way (depraved, filthy) because of GWS? Bueller? Bueller?

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

therattle posted:

"I'll pull out before I cum, promise".

Who believes HH only became this way (depraved, filthy) because of GWS? Bueller? Bueller?

<insert sound of me fighting very hard to keep my mouth shut>

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Dane posted:

<insert sound of me fighting very hard to keep my mouth shut>
By which you mean "stuffed with happys sausage"?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I didn't mean to click on that link above - years on the internet has taught me better. But I hit the wrong button as I was scrolling down and fortunately for me I don't have permission to view that server! Hooray!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

therattle posted:

I assumed based on my limited personal experience that all Scandinavians are depraved perverts.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I didn't mean to click on that link above - years on the internet has taught me better. But I hit the wrong button as I was scrolling down and fortunately for me I don't have permission to view that server! Hooray!
Yes, women masturbating under their panties is definitely among the worst imagery the Internet has to offer!

(I was expecting menstrual-blood art or something and was very relieved.)

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

bombhand posted:

Yes, women masturbating under their panties is definitely among the worst imagery the Internet has to offer!

(I was expecting menstrual-blood art or something and was very relieved.)

Well like I said I couldn't see the image. I'm glad it wasn't something involving words shouted in german.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I assumed based on my limited personal experience that all Scandinavians are depraved perverts.
And rightly so.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

therattle posted:

And rightly so.

Swedes and Norwegians, yeah. We Danes aren't as depraved as they are.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dane posted:

Swedes and Norwegians, yeah. We Danes aren't as depraved as they are.

Speak for yourself, Sonny Boy.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
At an arbitrary definition of 'depraved' we are depraved...

Please notice however that I posted a link to an oilpainting of a woman who may have been masturbating, compared to the posting of blumpkins, regaling with stories about hand-puppet like activities, angerfucking at family reunions, involountary smegma release during lap-dances and all the other goddamn awful poo poo you've had me GIS during my stay here - we're positively pastoral.

I mean... jesus you guys!

The likelyhood that 'high cotton' had meant that someone would stick a used tampon up their urethra while someone shouted at them in German was high, and if that ever happened, the chance of that having been in the states is as near to 100% you can get without eliminating the Germans from the equation.

I am not calling you perverts, depraved or any other demeaning words... I rather would like to salute the ingenuity, curiosity and innovation that I have come to connect with being a true American!

:patriot:

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 21, 2012

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

The more I read Happy Hat, the more I realize his prose shares a lot with the poetry of Walt Whitman. Maybe it's tempo, maybe it's word choice, or some other, undefinable aesthetic thing. Maybe it's the raw, unabashed sexuality that occasionally comes to the fore. There is a wild, creative genius behind his writing that I find quite compelling, and it reminds me very much of one of America's greatest.

Happy Hat for Poet Laureate of GWS.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

bartolimu posted:

The more I read Happy Hat, the more I realize his prose shares a lot with the poetry of Walt Whitman. Maybe it's tempo, maybe it's word choice, or some other, undefinable aesthetic thing. Maybe it's the raw, unabashed sexuality that occasionally comes to the fore. There is a wild, creative genius behind his writing that I find quite compelling, and it reminds me very much of one of America's greatest.

Happy Hat for Poet Laureate of GWS.

There's just something magical about people for whom English is not their first language, yet they use English without being bashful at all. I love it because it's so rare; it speaks to something wonderful about their character, and I find that it usually infuses their English with a flair that is fantastic.

In short, I love you Happy Hat.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Well like I said I couldn't see the image. I'm glad it wasn't something involving words shouted in german.
Sorry, Wiggles, I didn't mean for that to come across like a snipe at you. It was more a public service announcement that that link isn't actually that bad.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm not sure how I would feel if a woman shouted at me in German during sex.

Just picturing going at it and all of a sudden :byodame: SCHNELL! SCHNELL!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Pretty sure I would bust out laughing immediately, and 50/50 be able to continue.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

:quagmire: Sounds like a good time to me

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Look at dis guy whose never had sex with a German-shouting woman.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Look at dis guy whose never had sex with a German-shouting woman.

See, the problem is that I don't speak German. If I can't tell the difference between your safe word and "harder", nobody is leaving happy.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CzarChasm posted:

See, the problem is that I don't speak German. If I can't tell the difference between your safe word and "harder", nobody is leaving happy.
My safe word was "harder" - once.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oddly enough, my safeword is götterdämmerung.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Baby I'm about to get my sturm all up in your drang.

Man that's sexy.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
safe words are for pussies

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

mindphlux posted:

safe words are for pussies
Assholes too.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

Live a little, get rid of the safeword. See where it takes you.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Live a little, get rid of the safeword. See where it takes you.

It will probably take you to a bleeding rear end and lots of shame.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

Walk Away posted:

It will probably take you to a bleeding rear end and lots of shame.

Being made fun of by all the other bottoms for not being able to take it all is pretty shameful.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

The Macaroni posted:

I was thinking much the same thing, HA.

BTW, when I first noticed your blue star, I saw your name as "Happy Adobo." Given the nature of GWS, that would not be a bad name change at all.

Edit: Although I love your avatar. :3:

Wait. It's NOT Adobo? :checks: What the poo poo, it's really not. I thought he was Pinoy or something. Damnit, lack of reading comprehension, Dino. >:(

@HH When life isn't a nonstop flurry of "What the poo poo happened to my day, I feel like I just woke up five minutes ago", I'll get the book into the post. It's been a hectic week.

Which isn't going to get less so. This weekend, we go to VA to visit my brother, his wife, his 2 kids, my 2nd brother and his son (both flying up from FL) ,and brother's BFFs, who moved from the enormous house across the street to a McMansion about 15 minutes away. Weekend after that is a bridal shower. Weekend after that is Charmmi and Mr. Charmmi times. Then I get to sleep for a bit.

dino. fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 22, 2012

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Edit: Mortified, wrong thread.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
I KNEW IT!!

Now I have peer reviewed evidence to back it up!

Do you like to pontificate about organic food, your CSA and the evils of big ag? Then you may feel morally superior to others; you may be a jerk.
Continuing with Dr. Oz-inspired themes of insufferability and sanctimony, a new study confirms what I’ve anecdotally observed for decades: preaching organic makes you a jerk – and not in the adorable Steve Martin way, more in the self-perceived moral superiority way.
A paper published last week in the Journal of Social Psychological & Personality Science found that exposure to organic foods can “harshen moral judgments.”
As cited by Time magazine, “There’s a line of research showing that when people can pat themselves on the back for their moral behavior, they can become self-righteous,” the study’s lead author, Dr. Kendall J. Eskine, assistant professor of the psychological sciences department at Loyola University in New Orleans, told NBC’s Today show. Eskine and his team showed research subjects photographs of food, ranging from überorganic fruits and vegetables to fattening brownies and baked goods. He then gauged the primed eaters’ moral fiber with stories that warranted judgment, like one about a lawyer who lurks in an ER to try to persuade patients to sue for their injuries.
Reacting to the events on a numbered scale, the organic-food participants were more judgmental than those in the comfort-food category. They were also more reluctant when asked to volunteer time to help strangers, the study found, offering only 13 minutes vs. the brownie eaters’ 24 minutes. It’s like the group had already fulfilled its moral-justice quota by buying organic, so it felt all right slacking off in other ethics-based situations. Eskine labeled it “moral licensing.”
“There’s something about being exposed to organic food that made them feel better about themselves,” he told the Today show. “And that made them kind of jerks a little bit, I guess.”
The research doesn’t mean much, and I’m probably citing it only because it confirms my worldview, but still, there are a lot of preachers out there.
I’ll stick to focusing on food that makes people barf: organic, sustainable, local, dolphin-friendly or otherwise.
The abstract is below:
Wholesome foods and wholesome morals? Organic foods reduce prosocial behavior and harshen moral judgments
may.12
Social Psychological and Personality Science
Kendall J. Eskine
http://spp.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/05/14/1948550612447114.abstract
Abstract
Recent research has revealed that specific tastes can influence moral processing, with sweet tastes inducing prosocial behavior and disgusting tastes harshening moral judgments. Do similar effects apply to different food types (comfort foods, organic foods, etc.)? Although organic foods are often marketed with moral terms (e.g., Honest Tea, Purity Life, and Smart Balance), no research to date has investigated the extent to which exposure to organic foods influences moral judgments or behavior. After viewing a few organic foods, comfort foods, or control foods, participants who were exposed to organic foods volunteered significantly less time to help a needy stranger, and they judged moral transgressions significantly harsher than those who viewed nonorganic foods. These results suggest that exposure to organic foods may lead people to affirm their moral identities, which attenuates their desire to be altruistic.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I only blab about my CSA because it's delicious and fresh, screw justice and moral superiority

For those not on my Facebook feed: Saturday dinner was steak, spinach Korean style, grilled asparagus, and chimichurri sauce. All ingredients (except steak and lemon juice) from a farm just up the road. Fridge still full of parsley, collards, mushrooms, green onions, and strawberries.

I was pretty much eating the chimichurri sauce with a spoon, it was that fabulous.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
You got a recipe for that chimichurri? My old boss at this cafe I worked at made this amazing chimichurri for special occasions to go on these tiny open face steak sandwiches that was amazing. I have been unable to replicate it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
I tend to dislike most sorts of proselytizing in general, regardless of subject. Nonsmoking, I'm on a mobile device so I don't feel like clicking through - does that study have organic fruits and vegetables, organic brownies, conventional fruits and vegetables, and conventional brownies? If not, I'm not sure how you can rally compare the results.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

My dinner last night was mostly organic, but not because it was certified - it was just grown that way because we don't use pesticides or any of that stuff (we don't need to.) It didn't make me feel better because of that, though. It just made me feel good because it tasted good.

I made a regional style lamb and bean soup. The lamb neck bones and beans were cooked in the crockpot all day with an onion. Close to dinner time I sauteed carrots and sage until the sage got crispy and threw that in the soup, then sauteed up some tomatoes and added those too. Added a bunch of lamb's quarter right at the end so it could wilt in the hot broth, salt and pepper, and then served with shepherder bread and cheap red wine. I know I've said it before, but the mix of Basque/Portuguese/Italian/Mexican immigrant cultures we have in our isolated Eastern Sierra valleys has produces some really, really delicious food.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I didn't read it but it sounds like they were comparing people's social reactions to a perceived category difference, not trying to prove that organic food had some physical component that made you a douche. I don't think anybody actually ate food, they chose what food they would like to eat from a series of photos.

Nosmo if you know of a mirror for the study where it doesn't cost $25 to read it I'd be interested in reading more about it though.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Bought these bad boys from the butcher today, they got a county cow in this week. making some fajitas this weekend. I do feel pretty smug about it but local, county beef that's grass fed is better in like a whole bunch of different ways, deliciousness being #1.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Mr. Wiggles posted:

My dinner last night was mostly organic, but not because it was certified - it was just grown that way because we don't use pesticides or any of that stuff (we don't need to.) It didn't make me feel better because of that, though. It just made me feel good because it tasted good.
Don't worry, Mr. Wiggles. I'm sure nobody here would ever accuse you of being sanctimonious or insufferable about anything.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

bartolimu posted:

Don't worry, Mr. Wiggles. I'm sure nobody here would ever accuse you of being sanctimonious or insufferable about anything.

Costco?

Sam's Club?

Smithfield?

Tyson?

Monoculture agriculture?

Ke$ha music?

Not to sass, but the guy has hot button issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

NosmoKing posted:

Costco?

Sam's Club?

Smithfield?

Tyson?

Monoculture agriculture?

Ke$ha music?

Not to sass, but the guy has hot button issues.

Good god, I heard that whoosh all the way in Toronto.