Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

BAN DICKEYE posted:

Theoretical question, if the wolfpac had absolutely zero NWO branding, do you think they would have been better accepted by the fanbase, even with Sting joining them?

I'm confused, was the Wolfpac not over with fans? I was a huge fan at the time, I thought they were the coolest.

Of course at this time I didn't have access to WWF programming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Wolfpac was was pretty much a hit from the get-go. Very over.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

nasboat posted:

Wolfpac was was pretty much a hit from the get-go. Very over.

You better not turn your back on them though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oldpainless posted:

The last show before Souled Out in 1999, my first ever PPV, they turned on Sting :v:

All those Wolfpac signs I made, and T-Shirts I bought were for nothing!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

The last show before Souled Out in 1999, my first ever PPV, they turned on Sting :v:

I do not believe that they would turn on Sting. No one does that.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Come on, guys. It was an easy setup.

oldpainless posted:

Or you might end up in a bodybag.

bartok
May 10, 2006

How did Ed Leslie go from Zodiac to Booty Man?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Chunky Delight posted:

IIRC, he turned out to be a mole Hogan planted in The Dungeon of Doom to undermine them which turned him face. Then he feuded with DDP over Kimberly because she was enamored with his rear end...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Chunky Delight posted:

He was revealed to be Hogan's mole in the Dungeon of Doom and then showed up as the Booty Man.

It isn't so much that it made little sense; it made no sense.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Flameingblack posted:

No, sir. Sting joined the Wolfpac in summer of 98, feuded with Bret Hart at Halloween Havoc, then disappeared from the end of that match to just before Spring Stampede '99. The Wolfpac never got the chance to turn on Sting.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

LividLiquid posted:

No, sir. Sting joined the Wolfpac in summer of 98, feuded with Bret Hart at Halloween Havoc, then disappeared from the end of that match to just before Spring Stampede '99. The Wolfpac never got the chance to turn on Sting.
They turned on someone. Maybe it was K-Dogg.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Perigryn posted:

IIRC, he turned out to be a mole Hogan planted in The Dungeon of Doom to undermine them which turned him face. Then he feuded with DDP over Kimberly because she was enamored with his rear end...

Who wouldn't be enamored with dat rear end :allears:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Flameingblack posted:

They turned on someone. Maybe it was K-Dogg.

Let me speak on this. Correct.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Who wouldn't be enamored with dat rear end :allears:
....anyone with standards....

Maybe that's where Russo got the idea for Billy Gunn's rear end Man gimmick...

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I remember Sting appearing in the rafters or in a promo or some poo poo in the Spring of 1999, wearing his black and white makeup. Tony Shavonie wondered out loud if this meant that Sting had joined the nWo Black and White.

At this point the nWo Black and White consisted of Horace Hogan, Vincent, Scott Norton, Stevie Ray and Bryan Adams. They were feuding with Ernest Miller.

*Edit* Did the commentators regularly call Black and White the B-team on the air in 1999? Wikipedia says they did, but I don't recall hearing it.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 22, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

I remember Sting appearing in the rafters or in a promo or some poo poo in the Spring of 1999, wearing his black and white makeup. Tony Shavonie wondered out loud if this meant that Sting had joined the nWo Black and White.

At this point the nWo Black and White consisted of Horace Hogan, Vincent, Scott Norton, Stevie Ray and Bryan Adams. They were feuding with Ernest Miller.

*Edit* Did the commentators regularly call Black and White the B-team on the air in 1999? Wikipedia says they did, but I don't recall hearing it.

Tony was drinking with Bobby at this point.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Lone Rogue posted:

He was revealed to be Hogan's mole in the Dungeon of Doom and then showed up as the Booty Man.

Wow, I had no idea about this. I loving hate when logic just gets thrown out the window for some stupid twist.

The Dungeon of Doom didn't even exist when Brutus turned on Hogan. Beefcake clubbed Hogan in the knee, started the "Three Faces of Fear" with Sullivan and Earthquake, and went on to fight Hogan in a bunch of lovely matches. The TFOF would eventually evolve into the DOD.

So Hogan had Brutus turn on him so he could infiltrate an organization that wouldn't exist until Beefcake helped create it. And were the Hogan/Beefcake matches works then (in kayfabe, I mean)? Or was Beefcake just too stupid to realize that Hogan's plan involved an awful lot of Hogan beating the poo poo out of him? Did Beefcake fake clubbing Hogan in the knee?

:psyduck:

Heenan was right, Hogan was the heel all along.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Yes, lets totally question the validity of the Disciple's actions with respect to Hogan.

Besides actual causality is overrated.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Perry Normal posted:

Wow, I had no idea about this. I loving hate when logic just gets thrown out the window for some stupid twist.

The Dungeon of Doom didn't even exist when Brutus turned on Hogan. Beefcake clubbed Hogan in the knee, started the "Three Faces of Fear" with Sullivan and Earthquake, and went on to fight Hogan in a bunch of lovely matches. The TFOF would eventually evolve into the DOD.

So Hogan had Brutus turn on him so he could infiltrate an organization that wouldn't exist until Beefcake helped create it. And were the Hogan/Beefcake matches works then (in kayfabe, I mean)? Or was Beefcake just too stupid to realize that Hogan's plan involved an awful lot of Hogan beating the poo poo out of him? Did Beefcake fake clubbing Hogan in the knee?

:psyduck:

Heenan was right, Hogan was the heel all along.

Ed Leslie is not that smart. He is a man who caused an anthrax scare in Boston due to doing coke while working for the MBTA.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I might have to check out some of these PPVs people mentioned. In the majority of cases, I've only seen a handful of matches from the cards at best. On another topic, that of Hogan vs. Piper, I've just been reminded of that random cage match from Halloween Havoc '97 where they briefly brawled outside the cage at one point. You know, in a cage match. I remember one commentator trying to justify it by telling us that they left the cage at the same time or something.

Regarding nWo Black and White, I know that my first ever wrestling video game (WCW Mayhem for PS1) constantly referred to them by that name.

The highlight of that game was unlocking Mean Gene, who would happily introduce himself with "Entering the ring, me!".

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So...someone is streaming every single WCW show.

Bobby Heenan is so insanely drunk.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jubs posted:

Clicked the link and saw Horace Hogan walking out onto the Thunder set. Not sure there is another single scenario that could have led to me closing the browser tab faster. Maybe a Russo promo. But only maybe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Clicked the link and saw Horace Hogan walking out onto the Thunder set. Not sure there is another single scenario that could have led to me closing the browsr tab faster.

Not even Jerry Flynn?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jubs posted:

At the same time?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Not even Jerry Flynn?

I'd rather watch a Jerry Flynn match on Worldwide than a Horace Hogan match on Thunder.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

bobkatt013 posted:

Not even Jerry Flynn?

gently caress you.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The opening match was Jerry Flynn vs. Scotty Riggs.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
It's airing Spring Stampede 1999 at around 2:30 am is anyone hasn't seen it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just heard David Flair say "He [Hogan] treats me like a father" :v:

:siren: Beetle Adventure RRRRRRRACING :siren:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Flameingblack posted:

I just heard David Flair say "He [Hogan] treats me like a father" :v:

:siren: Beetle Adventure RRRRRRRACING :siren:
Yeah, that was some crazy advertising.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Konnan was over? Never realized.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jack Krauser posted:

He was bout it bout it in addition to being rowdy rowdy. Such is the life of K-Dawg.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Jack Krauser posted:

There's russian, there's french, there's italian and there's creamy. Those are dressings so tonight I want you to bow down toss my salad and peel my potatoes.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

The Nitro I watched last night (about two weeks before Halloween Havoc 98) featured WCW using the Hardy Boys theme in a video package and a Raw is War commercial where Doc Hendrix slipped up and said that Bret Hart would be at the Raw in Maine that was going on sale that weekend. I love that even during commercials, WCW was hosed up.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Just tuned in and this just happened. It was Zbyszko who wondered if it meant he wasn't with the Wolfpac anymore, and Schiavone just kinda goes, "Well, really it doesn't mean anything."

Nice.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Lone Rogue posted:

The "out came a bearded Ed Leslie" entry from that list of Meltzer WCW quotes is one of my favorite things ever. It's just one of those things that perfectly encapsulates WCW much like the Booker T holding a picture of Scott Hall image.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

This show has the Bret Hart-Goldberg steel plate angle.

Edit: Monday Night Jericho! :woop:

Jubs fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 22, 2012

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mysterio and Kidman vs Malenko and Benoit!

EDIT: And they won the tag team belts! Hell of a match.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 23, 2012

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Meng vs Hugh Morrus and The Barbarian right now. And still, I somehow care about this than most of the mid-card matches we get on RAW each week.

WCW must have been doing something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

:siren: JERRY FLYNN IS OUT! :siren: