Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

triplexpac posted:

The West Texas Rednecks were so over in my little Canadian farming community.

Same. It was actually why I started calling Alberta "Texas North".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

You need to look up the Raven/Sandman segments that reveal that Raven is just a spoiled rich kid, and Sandman is his rich preppy neighbor. Then watch the Junkyard Invitation since basically 90% of the people in that match got injured.

Yes, I recommend this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2cXWdRUWQ8

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they were making the car wall.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I still want to know what the gently caress was going on in that match. It is impossible to see and shot so so poorly.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

I still want to know what the gently caress was going on in that match. It is impossible to see and shot so so poorly.

I still want to know why there was a car with gas in the tank.

"You have to incapacitate everyone to escape"

Really you have to half-heartedly flip over a barrel with burning stuff in it into a convenient gas trail leading back to a car while hobbling away because you severed a nerve in your leg.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Still no match for...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I remember seeing that a few years ago on some blog. Did anyone ever figure out how the hell that canopy (awning?) made it from the Mall of America to where ever that building is fifteen years later?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

I remember seeing that a few years ago on some blog. Did anyone ever figure out how the hell that canopy (awning?) made it from the Mall of America to where ever that building is fifteen years later?

More than likely it was bought at auction when they gutted the place. I have found some amazing deals after restaurants have failed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Frot Lesnar posted:

More than likely it was bought at auction when they gutted the place. I have found some amazing deals after restaurants have failed.

You wouldn't happen to have a can of Hulkaroos, would you?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Turned on the stream just now to see chimps commentating. Great.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jack Krauser posted:

Turned on the stream just now to see chimps commentating. Great.

Are you talking about Tony and Madden because TBS had a show involving chimps reenacting movies and it was after Thunder so as a promo they used the annoncers to shill it as chimps.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe he's referring to that time Scott Hudson was forced to do commentary all night shirtless (but with a tie) for making fun of someone else (maybe Madden?) for how they looked without a shirt. Motherfucker still looked like he had a sweater on, he could've been Albert's (Lord Tensai's?) manager back in the day.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Maybe he's referring to that time Scott Hudson was forced to do commentary all night shirtless (but with a tie) for making fun of someone else (maybe Madden?) for how they looked without a shirt. Motherfucker still looked like he had a sweater on, he could've been Albert's (Lord Tensai's?) manager back in the day.

There was this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu31NsUIWP4

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It was for badmouthing Russo/Bischoff iirc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Oatgan posted:

It was for badmouthing Russo/Bischoff iirc.

It wouldn't surprise me. For a few months following the reboot, it seemed like every other word out of everyone's mouths were either BISCHOFF or RUSSO.

It really was a wonderful time for two overrated egomaniacs that enjoy masturbating in front of a mirror while recording it.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

bobkatt013 posted:

Then watch the Junkyard Invitation since basically 90% of the people in that match got injured.
The Junkyard Invitational is approaching "Hogan and Andre at Wrestlemania III" levels of hyperbole, I think.

"Every single person who wrestled in the Junkyard Invitational was permanently crippled by the first minute of the match; this reminds me of when Hogan press-slammed all 93,000 pounds of Andre from the roof of the Pontiac Silverdome."

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

triplexpac posted:

The only bits I remember from this feud is the segment involving the contortionist in the gym bag, and Nash spraying them with sewage.
The funniest part was the midget girl contortionist nearly getting stuck in the gym bag. Took her ages to get out.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Flair was pretty good in this heel run. "SHUT UP FAT BOY!" and little naitch are fantastic.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
“this weekend America celebrated 223 years of independence… tonight we will celebrate the Nash & Sid rematch” thanks Michael Buffer

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
These guys both had good matches with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, so they should be able to have a good match with each other, right? :haw:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh yeah, Nash then went on to cut a promo about how he kidnapped Gorgeous George, taunting Savage. He said something like "Oh yeah, if you want your old lady she's in the back... well what's left of her, anyway"

What did you do Kevin :stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Oh yeah, Nash then went on to cut a promo about how he kidnapped Gorgeous George, taunting Savage. He said something like "Oh yeah, if you want your old lady she's in the back... well what's left of her, anyway"

Stretched her out. Duh. Wrestling stuff.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

triplexpac posted:

He was the Sexecutioner, what did you expect?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Curt Hennig just cut a promo on Goldberg and either the video kept glitching or they were beeping out Goldberg's name every time Curt said it. Was it because he was saying "Bill Goldberg" instead of just "Goldberg"? Or am I imagining things?

Oh, he also called him a skinhead.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Phenix Rising posted:

Curt Hennig just cut a promo on Goldberg and either the video kept glitching or they were beeping out Goldberg's name every time Curt said it. Was it because he was saying "Bill Goldberg" instead of just "Goldberg"? Or am I imagining things?

Oh, he also called him a skinhead.

I recall DDP and Nash talking about Scott Hall one week when they were censoring his name out. There was a light swinging above their head backstage which made the lighting very distracting and every other word was bleeped.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Frot Lesnar posted:

I recall DDP and Nash talking about Scott Hall one week when they were censoring his name out. There was a light swinging above their head backstage which made the lighting very distracting and every other word was bleeped.

I read about that in that list of stupid WCW things... I've always wanted to see it.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Frot Lesnar posted:

Hahahah, was this at the end of WCW when Nash and DDP tagged up as the "Insiders" and used a bunch of insider terms in every promo, making GBS threads all over the guys they'd go up against each week as crowds went mild?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh my God. I've been watching for like 20 minutes and I've seen Revolution form and the Rap is Crap music video!

And Vampiro just jumped Konnan before he could threaten to toss his salad!

How could anyone hate WCW entirely? There was just so much happening!

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Ktik posted:

Hahahah, was this at the end of WCW when Nash and DDP tagged up as the "Insiders" and used a bunch of insider terms in every promo, making GBS threads all over the guys they'd go up against each week as crowds went mild?
I always enjoyed their unending dedication to winking at the 8 people who got excited by constant insider references and "oh my god this might really be a shoot!"

Stacy Keibler's tummy ache being the best example, of course.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ernest Miller just came out with Sonny Ono and did a big dance thing before Buff Bagwell showed up and kicked his rear end. Then we get a recap of Judge Mill Lanes refereeing a boxing match between Roddy Piper and Buff, being seconded by Judy Bagwell.

Really, I'm not saying its good... but how can you take your eyes off it?

d&d apologist
Jul 25, 2005
Last night I went to bed to Lenny Lane and Lodi eluding to be a tag team or a couple. This morning I woke up to the Hardcore street fight in the junk yard. How I miss you WCW. Highlight was seeing Flair being president of WCW and saying how he will never pass the torch. This was 1999.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

triplexpac posted:

I read about that in that list of stupid WCW things... I've always wanted to see it.

I think I've only seen this interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd8jJkiCNAQ, though that gets the idea across too. Slightly embarassing to watch at parts.

On the other hand, has the "Ric Flair gets sent to the insane asylum where Scott Hall makes a cameo appearance" storyline happened yet on that feed's schedule?

IT'S NITRO TIME BOYS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-IeCcCq58U

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hedgehog Pie posted:

On the other hand, has the "Ric Flair gets sent to the insane asylum where Scott Hall makes a cameo appearance" storyline happened yet on that feed's schedule?

IT'S NITRO TIME BOYS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-IeCcCq58U

Yeah, this already happened. I kind of remember seeing it happen way back when, but I don't think I really remembered how long the stupid thing lasted. It was a good few weeks of sketches from that place, though we did get WOOOO VP Lil Naitch running the show, which was actually pretty entertaining.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The stream is down for me :ohdear: I hope it's not dead...

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Reading through Death of WCW again just for kicks. Still has my bookmark from my Toronto trip last year. Still a fun read.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, this already happened. I kind of remember seeing it happen way back when, but I don't think I really remembered how long the stupid thing lasted. It was a good few weeks of sketches from that place, though we did get WOOOO VP Lil Naitch running the show, which was actually pretty entertaining.

I think it almost hits the right point for me as far as my pro wrestling fondnesses go. It's so silly, it nearly goes in that full circle of being amusing because of how stupid it is. At least Flair took the idea and ran with it in character. I feel strange for thinking badly of anything on TV that gives Ric Flair the opportunity to go mental.

I am also fond of Lil Naitch.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I completely forgot Roddy Piper was in WCW but apparently he went over Hogan with a sleeper? Can someone shed some light on this for me?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

ultimateforce posted:

I completely forgot Roddy Piper was in WCW but apparently he went over Hogan with a sleeper? Can someone shed some light on this for me?
Piper showed up and immediately feuded with Hollywood Hogan.
There was your standard contract signing leading up to the match.
Piper won with a sleeper.
Then it was revealed that it was a non-title match and Piper was a fool.

WCW.txt

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ultimateforce posted:

Don't worry, Hogan got his win back.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Piper showed up and immediately feuded with Hollywood Hogan.
There was your standard contract signing leading up to the match.
Piper won with a sleeper.
Then it was revealed that it was a non-title match and Piper was a fool.

WCW.txt

Piper wrote the contract which makes it more baffling that he wants to kick Hogan's rear end but not win the title if he succeeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The thing about it being a Non Title match was when Piper was brought into WCW he was billed as not being a member of WCW, he was a free agent essentially. Except that he stuck around until 2000....