Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Pretty trippy intro. I like the funky dancing (especially Teddie busting out the Robot :3: ).

It's almost enough to distract you from that series of shots of Yamano, Konishi, and Moroka's corpses hanging from various objects that follows immediately after.

Also, new girl Marie chillin' in the Velvet Room with Igor and Margaret... and for some reason the tarot card they show when they shift the focus to her is the Fool... interesting. :crossarms:

I want a cosmic bike now. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Not as good as the original, but still pretty sweet and fun.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Don't care for the music much myself but the dancing is fabulous.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I didn't know Kanji could move like that. Hot drat.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TheLoser posted:

I didn't know Kanji could move like that. Hot drat.

I'm impressed that he's simultaneously so nonchalant about the whole thing yet so determined to keep that coat perfectly draped over his shoulder.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Chie, why are you air humping?

I like the little background details during the character reveals. Yosuke has a kunai and what appears to be a chakram, Chie has her pins, and Kanji has lightning bolts and little bunnies. :3:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
So I decided to watch it a second time to watch the dance moves more... but I spaced out and stared blankly at the screen. The Kaleidoscopic thing turned out to be pretty neat to look at regardless of what people think of it.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

That was pretty :3: and might be the whimsiest thing I've seen in a SMT game this side of Demikids, its like I'm really watching the opening to Scooby Doo anime edition, now with more trippy visuals!

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
In other Persona news, there is a sad lack of dicktounge in this sprite. (Minor EP Tatsuya mode spoilers)

From other pictures, it looks like Nyarlathotep brought along the whole gang...at least the ones they already had designs for. I wish/hope they made them Personas as well, I want a themed Nyar beatdown so bad. It's too bad Nodens sucks so hard so you can't bring him along.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

MarsDragon posted:

In other Persona news, there is a sad lack of dicktounge in this sprite. (Minor EP Tatsuya mode spoilers)

From other pictures, it looks like Nyarlathotep brought along the whole gang...at least the ones they already had designs for. I wish/hope they made them Personas as well, I want a themed Nyar beatdown so bad. It's too bad Nodens sucks so hard so you can't bring him along.

Oh my gooooood. I doubt they went the whole nine yards, because :effort:, but this is still neat.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

MarsDragon posted:

Oh boyyyy. Though I'm kinda wary of how did they wrote those guys in the story.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Haha, the best TV is in my mother's room, and she's been watching me play Persona 4. ("That's the one with the teddy bear and the little girl, right? Not the one where they shoot themselves in the head?") She kept giving me crap for grinding for levels and Personas instead of going ahead and rescuing (NOVEMBER SPOILERS) Nanako

By the way, I got an email from the Atlus saying that they're going to have drawings for Persona 4 items for members of the mailing list.

Thought you guys might like to know! I'd really love some of that Japanese merchanside, especially of Teddie!

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Catalina posted:

Haha, the best TV is in my mother's room, and she's been watching me play Persona 4. ("That's the one with the teddy bear and the little girl, right? Not the one where they shoot themselves in the head?") She kept giving me crap for grinding for levels and Personas instead of going ahead and rescuing (NOVEMBER SPOILERS) Nanako

That dungeon is the only one I finished the day it was made available, other than the very last one.

I gave all my money to that fox, and it was worth it.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

DarkHamsterlord posted:

That dungeon is the only one I finished the day it was made available, other than the very last one.

I gave all my money to that fox, and it was worth it.

Haha, me too. On my first game, I usually took a few days to go through a dungeon, but when that one opened up I did the whole thing in an in-game day. Possibly in just one sitting.

I'm on my second game now, so as soon as the I got the fox, I've been doing the dungeons in one game day and the optional bosses in one game day. More time for social links! Though I can't bring myself to wait until a rainy day to save a person, I do it the first day a dungeon opens up.

And that's on a pure new game, too. My past self wasn't very skilled at Shin Megami Tensei yet, so she started her new game plus to "Beginner", and only saved it in one file. :doh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SHRgAPqXnk

The new intro sans very low bitrate pixel blobs.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
This is the best intro. The happiest murder mystery of all time.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
I love that intro, it's like the polar opposite of P3P's. Yosuke dancing in a garbage can is the greatest thing.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

El Belmondo posted:

I like the song and the funky dancing intro, it's got that 70's aesthetic along with the yellow coloring, but I'd prefer it to be like FES where it alternates between the original and new intro.

Their dancing is so funky

Is the year in Persona 4 ever mentioned?

I know the games make a huge deal of the Calendar stuff so I really should know this.

Anyway even if it does take place in modern times something about it really does seem kinda 70's. I feel like you could move it 30 years back and it wouldn't change anything (also Chie's hair would make more sense)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is the year in Persona 4 ever mentioned?

I know the games make a huge deal of the Calendar stuff so I really should know this.

Anyway even if it does take place in modern times something about it really does seem kinda 70's. I feel like you could move it 30 years back and it wouldn't change anything (also Chie's hair would make more sense)

Yeah, it's two years after persona 3, 2010 I think?

When you go visit some of the P3 class, Akhiko and Mitsuru graduated and are gone, and mostly everyone else is on their graduating year.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When you go visit some of the P3 class, Akhiko and Mitsuru graduated and are gone, and mostly everyone else is on their graduating year.

Oh right, I forgot that they wanted to link in P3. Other than that it really feels like it should be a decade or two older.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

2011, actually. Persona 3 took place in 2009.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
The new intro is so good, it makes me think Anime Scooby Doo more than the game already did.

Ungrateful Dead
May 13, 2012

Knocking at Paranoia's Poision Door
So I had an interesting thought the other day. Do you think Catherine falls into Megami Tensei's cannon? More specifically Persona.

I mean think about it, both Persona 3 and Catherine revolve around climbing a tower that only appears at night. Not to mention Vincent did make a cameo in P3P, even if it was just an advertisement plug. Could it be assumed that Persona 3 and Catherine take place in the same universe at roughly the same time?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Even if they did, what bearing would that have on anything else?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justice posted:

Even if they did, what bearing would that have on anything else?

It would mean that Persona has space stations, and we can at long last get our outer-space themed SMT game!

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

ImpAtom posted:

It would mean that Persona has space stations, and we can at long last get our outer-space themed SMT game!

I can prove that all the games take place in the digimon universe, where's my crossover game? :mad: :furious:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justice posted:

I can prove that all the games take place in the digimon universe, where's my crossover game? :mad: :furious:

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I should have realized that no matter what retarded poo poo I make up, someone somewhere probably unironically thinks it's a good idea.

Still better than watching some christian anime to better enjoy Persona 4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's a christian anime?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tae posted:

Evangelion? :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Of course there is! Just look at this helpful Wikipedia page.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Tae posted:

You missed it about ten pages back, people were discussing which evangelist anime you should read in order to enjoy Persona 4's references to it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Technique posted:

Evangelion? :v:

I don't think that's really Christian, if anything more jewish since it's referencing Lilith.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justice posted:

You missed it about ten pages back, people were discussing which evangelist anime you should read in order to enjoy Persona 4's references to it.
Who actually said this?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Endorph posted:

Who actually said this?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428684&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=112#post403088067

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm pretty sure that was an extended joke? Could be wrong here.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
gently caress, outsmarted by adtrw again :negative:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Endorph posted:

I'm pretty sure that was an extended joke? Could be wrong here.

The joke is that that DS2 doesn't reference Evangelion so much as rip it off wholesale.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, it was definitely in relation to DS2, not Persona 4. Anquished One might as well be a fluffier version of Kaworu right down to the obsession for the male character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
DS2 does a better job of being Evangelion than Evangelion itself does, though.