Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Halalelujah posted:

If someone was polite about it, I would probably let them smoke crack in my bathroom just as long as they climb into the tub first.
What's up, tiny apartment buddy. :hf:

There's people who don't smoke, and then there's nonsmokers. That guy smoking over there isn't going to give you galloping AIDS. I promise you. Open the window, it'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

dino. posted:

There's people who don't smoke, and then there's nonsmokers. That guy smoking over there isn't going to give you galloping AIDS. I promise you. Open the window, it'll be fine.

But it smells SO BAD. Yes, it really does. Yes, I can smell you.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
As a smoker who lives with one of each, I prefer to smoke outside (roof access, Brooklyn represent). Still, some long nights call for a smoke out the kitchen window; empty the ash tray and wash it, and the smell is gone by morning.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

dino. posted:

You. You're loving alright.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

dino. posted:

I get really bad migraines from cigarette smoke :(
My opinion is, if you want to put that poo poo in your body, do it outside, I don't want to breathe it in.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Vegetable Melange posted:

empty the ash tray and wash it, and the smell is gone by morning.

This is key right here. I smoke a pipe and sometimes cigars in our house and people are always amazed when I can tell them it's ok to smoke in the house because "it doesn't smell like smoke in here".

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I smoke my pipe in the house and it makes my house smell good

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Maybe if you're smoking some good weed.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I use pipe tobacco in my shed to ward off black widows. This has the side effect of making my shed smell like my granddad.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I gotta side with the 'don't loving smoke inside' crowd. there have been exactly 4 times in my life where I got drunk as gently caress enough to think it would be a good idea to smoke tobacco inside (ahh, I'll just open the windows, turn on a fan - no problem~~!), and I wanted to kill myself for a week straight after each incident. (mainly because I smoked in the area where I have to work every day, also partly because I was very, very hungover.)

cigarette smoke loving lingers forever, stale smoke is like the most disgusting scent ever. maybe cat urine is like the one thing worse, aside from some esoteric bacteria that have to do with extreme cases of rot and decay.

weed, meth, dmt, hookah, crack, tea leaves (for your duck breast, of course) - those all get a pass - but son if you fixina light up a cigarette in my house, you better just have smoked my dick or somethin

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

See, I've been turned off letting people smoke indoors due to my dad, who is a complete chain smoker. His old place was almost caked yellow due to smoking a pack an evening indoors. Add in the fact his new wife was a chain smoker too and I quickly developed a distaste for letting others smoke inside.

Also apartments around here have it in the lease that you can't smoke indoors anyway.

Also gonna pick up some Lemons and limes and make a sorbet. Or maybe Lemon/Orange...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

Siri is giving me some issues..

She is not really cooperative, now is she?

My wife's name is now interpreted as Maria bring and truck the house...

Speaking of phones. I've joined the modern age, I've got a Droid X2 now. It pleases me.

e - I'm of the 'gently caress smoking' crowd. Not my thing.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 25, 2012

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Manuel Calavera posted:

e - I'm of the 'gently caress smoking' crowd. Not my thing.

hey now

smoking is fine

just not indoors where there's shitloads of fabric to soak up every last molecule of stale rear end smoke

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
So guys, I've gotten an offer for a pro friteuse (deep frier?) which is of such a size and quality that it can be used to open up my very own grill bar (2 baskets, 8l oil in it), but my wife says I am not allowed to have it, used twice, and I get it 80% off.

I have considered sexually starving her (it works for the women, and tears didn't help), or a divorce due to her lack of morals.

Last she hindered me in buying a chamber vacuum sealer (because it was the size of a fridge), which means that now I have to reassert my masculinity.

Edit: For clarity - the vacuum sealer that she hatefully hindered me in acquirering was weighing in at around 400 pounds, ran on 380volts, and would require a bit of rewirering in the basement kitchen, also to eliminate a kitchen table out there, and storage of preserves would have to go to somewhere else...

She is completely unreasonable!

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 08:24 on May 25, 2012

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Smoking inside is gross, but rolling tobacco and American Spirit don't smell NEARLY as bad next day. I'll let people smoke joints with rolling baccy inside, but regular ciggies are expelled.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I would have let people smoke in my vacuum chamber..

:(

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I hope you get your foodtoy Mr. Hat.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
If my apartment had anything other than a leather couch and cooking stuff I wouldn't smoke in it, but without anything to absorb the smell it goes pretty quick.

I still look like I just moved in and it's been 6 months :(

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
Happy, I know the lot you live on isn't huge, but surely there's room to build a mancave for kitchen toys?

"Honey, either I buy it and put it here, or I buy it and put it in a shed in the bottom of the garden and you and our children will never see me again because I'll be busy playing with my toys down there. Do you REALLY want to be responsible for our children growing up without a father?!?!"

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
He needs to dig himself a dungeon basement.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Holy poo poo, a man cave with a huge deep fryer sounds like my personal heaven.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I have a man-cave (basement) which has been occupied by the kids for different purposes (a dancing room with a disco ball, a creative room where you can draw on the wall and then I have installed one of my friends down there because he left his wife), the only thing left for me is my basement kitchen - which is where I propose to put the fryer... and other awesome stuff!

(I just got offered a 30l Varimixer complete with meat grinder and continuous veggie processer for USD 400 too)

(not the one but like this one)

The fryer looks kinda like this:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

I have a man-cave (basement) which has been occupied by the kids for different purposes (a dancing room with a disco ball, a creative room where you can draw on the wall and then I have installed one of my friends down there because he left his wife), the only thing left for me is my basement kitchen - which is where I propose to put the fryer... and other awesome stuff!

(I just got offered a 30l Varimixer complete with meat grinder and continuous veggie processer for USD 400 too)

(not the one but like this one)

The fryer looks kinda like this:

Holy poo poo. Man-sized equipment for a man-sized dungeon basement kitchen!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

So uh...Happy Hat, are you accepting applications for the job of personal Igor to your basement man cave? Because this Korean knows his way around a deep fryer, can do the insane laugh of doom on command, and has no pesky morality to get in the way of doing whatever is required (my NJ bar admittance is testament to this).

I will require only a corner of the basement to sleep in, and meals every so often.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

pnumoman posted:

So uh...Happy Hat, are you accepting applications for the job of personal Igor to your basement man cave? Because this Korean knows his way around a deep fryer, can do the insane laugh of doom on command, and has no pesky morality to get in the way of doing whatever is required (my NJ bar admittance is testament to this).

I will require only a corner of the basement to sleep in, and meals every so often.

I was going to ask if he was accepting applications for wives.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Walk Away posted:

I was going to ask if he was accepting applications for wives.

I'm not sexy enough for that job.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

pnumoman posted:

I wouldn't have thought he'd be that discriminating.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

I wouldn't have thought he'd be that discriminating.

Have you seen his kids? His wife must look like Freya herself.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Drink and Fight posted:

Have you seen his kids? His wife must look like Freya herself.

Mortal eyes cannot behold her beauty without exploding.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

pnumoman posted:

Mortal eyes cannot behold her beauty without exploding.

That would explain why he's never posted any pictures of her.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mindphlux posted:

hey now

smoking is fine

just not indoors where there's shitloads of fabric to soak up every last molecule of stale rear end smoke

Nope, gently caress smoking :colbert:. Pipes, cigars, cigarettes at least. :420: I can put up with, and I like hookahs. That's about the extent of my experience.

pnumoman posted:

I am :getin:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 25, 2012

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Happy Hat posted:

Last she hindered me in buying a chamber vacuum sealer (because it was the size of a fridge), which means that now I have to reassert my masculinity.
She is completely unreasonable!
I've found that communicating calmly and rationally with your partner seldom works. Instead, you need to lay down the law. It is your right as the man of the house to bluster and bellow.

GOOD LORD WOMAN THIS IS A DEEP FRYER AND AS A MAN I NEED MY FOODS FRIED - DEEPLY! YOU WILL NOT DENY ME THIS DEVICE, NOR WILL YOU DENY ME THE SUCCULENT FLOWER OF YOUR WOMANHOOD FOR I AM A MAN AND I HAVE NEEDS! MY NEEDS ARE FRIED FOOD AND FORNICATION! RAARRGHGHGHGHGH!!!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I drunk bought it (I am drunk posting)

Also Go Gourd you magnificent bastard, I love you!

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

I drunk bought it (I am drunk posting)

Also Go Gourd you magnificent bastard, I love you!

So since you're drunk, go ahead and ask you wife about taking on another one. I'll do the dishes every day, promise.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CuddleChunks posted:

MY NEEDS ARE FRIED FOOD AND FORNICATION!
As yes, the three Fs.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

As yes, the three Fs.

But where does liquor play a part in that? Fermentation, Fried Foods and Fornication?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

But where does liquor play a part in that? Fermentation, Fried Foods and Fornication?
oh god I love this

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
After an 18 hour day I am going to sit in my shower drinking beer and praying none of my phones ring.

I want to die a little.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
^^^ Rest up, Halal. Weekend!

Collard green dolmathes were ludicriously delicious. I'm never buying grape leaves again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Hey The Macaroni. I made that Bisibelebhath today it was awesome, thanks!