Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koren
Sep 7, 2003

What the hell is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Everyone looks so bored except Jman.

Edit: YESSSSSS

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
HOOOOOOOOLY poo poo

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hahahaha no one can look at him. They're just looking straight ahead.

Fake edit: He's crying again! :wtf:

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
SDA marathon: The End
Infinite Side Hugs.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
JMan is now the least manly person in that room.

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1
Odds 807.1:1 ($1)
So why do they invite this guy again?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

It's ok ultrajman. The speedrunners are here for you. Group hug

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
This is just loving embarrassing. Why would they let this happen. Please don't tell your awful sap stories during this. It just looks stupid.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Speedrunning saved my life.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Smash Daisaku posted:

They're afraid he'll commit suicide if he doesn't.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Smash Daisaku posted:

He has quite a following and for better or worse everyone talks about him.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
At this point, the chat is rather entertaining.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
I just changed my mind and now Brosentia owns.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

KariOhki posted:

At this point, the chat is rather entertaining.

Care to post some qoutes? I'm running the stream in the background, so I don't have the chat up.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I think the worst part of this is that JMan latched onto the end of a very positive marathon and a heartfelt message from SirVG and once again turned it back around to being about him. That's what really bothers me about it, anyway.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

MrLonghair posted:

Rygar duel begins 54 hours and 28 minutes in with Atari 2600 mode.

http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/319350727
Thanks, wanted to check that out. BTW, you can add ?t=54h28m to the end of the twitch URL to go directly to a timestamp, e.g. http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/319350727?t=54h28m. For example, here's Mike (and then others) singing Eyes on Me: http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/319350727?t=43h35m.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

Silento posted:

Care to post some qoutes? I'm running the stream in the background, so I don't have the chat up.

People are just getting banned left and right. I personally think they're asking for this kind of chat with what's going on in the stream.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Silento posted:

There were a few in there making comments about Jman's mom and that event. One mention how this thread is having a blast watching the breakdown.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I tuned back in just in time to watch Jman give a speech and break down crying again. Hooray.

Good jobs guys who participated this was a sweet event. Lots of peaches__ talk in the irc channel they have.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
A grown man crying about how the speed running community saved his life.

Again.

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004

Essentia posted:

I want to thank you for not burning the house down while we went to church

Mike Uyama posted:

We tried but... Marathon luck.

Quick wit is awesome.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
I tuned in at the end (did not have time for the FFVI run) and saw JMan crying. I don't know much about him but, why was he crying? I caught the, "You guys are my family," comment which is pretty awkward.

Anyway, I missed the first two days of the marathon, anyone recommend any runs?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SA Shoutout :toot:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

8raz posted:

A grown man crying about how the speed running community saved his life.

Again.

You know what? If that's how it worked for him, then fantastic, he found the support he needed. It's just that that's not what this ending portion of the marathon should really be about, at least in my opinion.

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1
Odds 807.1:1 ($1)

RickDaedalus posted:

I tuned in at the end (did not have time for the FFVI run) and saw JMan crying. I don't know much about him but, why was he crying? I caught the, "You guys are my family," comment which is pretty awkward.

Anyway, I missed the first two days of the marathon, anyone recommend any runs?

If you missed it, Typing of the Dead was fantastic and hilarious.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
I recorded something, but it's a surprise what it is. I'll give a hint; it's Jman crying over something not related to the stream or the cause (autism), because someone told a serious story about suicide and then Jman decided he needed a bit of attention regarding that issue too. But that's it for hints, you'll have to figure out the rest yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrNxk36AuIY

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Pool together the final $5k and use it to get that guy kicked off forever.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Grawl posted:

I recorded something, but it's a surprise what it is. I'll give a hint; it's Jman crying over something not related to the stream or the cause (autism), because someone told a serious story about suicide and then Jman decided he needed a bit of attention regarding that issue too. But that's it for hints, you'll have to figure out the rest yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrNxk36AuIY

Well I guess that saves me some work after the stream's archived.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Anyway, moving on from JMan talk, as of right now the tracker shows $45,780.70 in total donations, and that isn't counting any TheYetee shirts sold between their $2,500 donation and now, as well as any e-check donations. That's a pretty solid mark for the smaller marathon.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

If he wasn't around we'd just have to complain about Mike Uyama or something and it just wouldn't be the same.

You know what was great about this marathon? No 60k hertz whine from the CRT TV. THe audio equipment was much better but could still use some improvements.

Baby killing the mystic cave was a highlight for me, as was Essentia's Serious Time in Donkey Kong Country 2.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Heran Bago posted:

If he wasn't around we'd just have to complain about Mike Uyama or something and it just wouldn't be the same.

Mike Uyama is a super nice dude and puts in a ton of work regarding these marathons, though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

You're not alone, JMan. We're always here for you.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Anyway, moving on from JMan talk, as of right now the tracker shows $45,780.70 in total donations, and that isn't counting any TheYetee shirts sold between their $2,500 donation and now, as well as any e-check donations. That's a pretty solid mark for the smaller marathon.

How much has been made from these in the past?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Studio posted:

How much has been made from these in the past?

Last one made $150k

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Grawl posted:

Wait, I wasn't paying attention until I heard Jman start to cry, what was the story preceeding Jman's?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Last one made $150k

The last Summer games or Awesome games? Summer is a much smaller event.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Deki posted:

Wait, I wasn't paying attention until I heard Jman start to cry, what was the story preceeding Jman's?

SirVG gave a heartfelt story about a TAS-er who unfortunately committed suicide, he was wrought to tears and then gave a very sincere plea for anyone considering doing the same to talk to someone before hurting themselves. And then JMan jumped up.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

uPen posted:

I don't know about last SGDQ, pretty sure it was around this, maybe a little less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

uPen posted:

According to the donations tracker the SDGQ2011 made $21,396.76

• Locked thread