Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mighty Horse posted:

The TT will fit with some major fuckery, you are better off with a 2.4 swap.

I already have one of those. :P (Every 2.4T swapped Chrysler crap heap is awesome beyond measure).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
I recall, back in the day, the parking lot at Mopar's R&D offices was full of turbo'd and engine-swapped K-Cars and AA-Cars. The engineers seemed to especially love building souped-up four-door Acclaims and Spirits.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Elephanthead posted:

Man did ad executives snort a lot of coke in the 80s. My friend had that exact duster in the commercial. It just started on fire and burned to the ground one day.

Speaking from experience, everyone snorted a lot of cocaine in the 80s. That is one of my all-time favorite commercials, even if the car sucked.

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Pontiac commercials were pretty sweet, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og8h_X9evXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFf0Lq_k19Q

I really wish I had known that my ex's firebird was actually meant for speeding down beaches.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

thecobra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFf0Lq_k19Q

I really wish I had known that my ex's firebird was actually meant for speeding down beaches.

I wonder if damage caused by driving through OCEAN SURF like that is covered by warranty.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

The Rocket Salad posted:

I recall, back in the day, the parking lot at Mopar's R&D offices was full of turbo'd and engine-swapped K-Cars and AA-Cars. The engineers seemed to especially love building souped-up four-door Acclaims and Spirits.
That must have been an exciting time.

(At the watercooler. A piece of paper is affixed, with "INTERCOOLER" hastily scrawled on it with a magic market. The Rs are backwards.)
"Oh, hey boss."
"So what have you done so far this week, Bob?"
"Not much. I threw a Turbo II into a Plymouth Horizon. It makes 250fwhp and the windshield popped out of its frame when I sidestepped the clutch. Mickey in marketing thinks we should be calling it the Casket Express."
"Excellent work. How's Project poo poo Interior going?"

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That must have been an exciting time.

(At the watercooler. A piece of paper is affixed, with "INTERCOOLER" hastily scrawled on it with a magic market. The Rs are backwards.)
"Oh, hey boss."
"So what have you done so far this week, Bob?"
"Not much. I threw a Turbo II into a Plymouth Horizon. It makes 250fwhp and the windshield popped out of its frame when I sidestepped the clutch. Mickey in marketing thinks we should be calling it the Casket Express."
"Excellent work. How's Project poo poo Interior going?"

This is probably closer to the SRT-4's true origin story than you realize. :v:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Leroy Diplowski posted:

If this was a 5spd I'd buy it yesterday.

You really dont want to do that. My mom drives one of those with the big v6 with the 5spd and it is one of the worst cars I have ever driven. Overpowered steering with no feel, overly sensitive brakes with zero feel, clutch that engages at the very top of its throw with zero feel, shifter throw thats a mile long, horrible gear ratio's and an engine with a power band more like a diesel.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

quote:

THIS IS A MUSTANG FORD MUSTANG RUNS AND DRIVE OK IT NEEDS SOME JOB BUT NOTHING BIG IT JUST NEED A JOIN IN THE PASSEGER SIDE TIRE AND A NEW WATER CONTERNER FOR DE RADIATOR THATS ALL I JUST DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX AND TIME IT GOT SOME MINOR SCRATCH IN THE PASSENGER DOOR BUT LIKE I SAY NOTHIN BIG IT SHOW 210K MILES BUT RUNS PERFECT IS A V6 CHEAP IN GAS AND IT IS A VERY NICE PRICE IN THE CAR CALL FOR ,MORE INFO AT xxx xxx xx xx THE MECANIC CHARGE ME 380 DALLARS TO FIX IT BUT LIKE I SAID AGAIN I DON HAVE THE MONEY TO FIX IF YOU FIX IT EASY THE CAR COUST LIKE 3500 OR 4000 EASY SO HUURY UP CALL DONT LOSE THE OPORTUNYTY

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Olds-442-350-Engine-Rocket-/261024949461?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cc64ca4d5

"Former show car"

Yeah, former new car too.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

He said it is available for "drives".
I can SEE the moss on the tires and no one can see through the windshield. He clearly has a different definition of drive than I do.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

:aaa::fh:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Centripetal Horse posted:

Does this bike grant wishes or something?

Update: This bike is still being listed, although he is down to $4,500. A quick search for 1986 Shadow VT1100s shows prices in the $1,400 - $2,000 range. This guy is a trip. At the current rate of depreciation, I figure it's about two years until the price comes in line with reality.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This is the most amazing thing ever typed by a human being. How in the gently caress do you go from spelling "radiator" correctly to typing out CONTERNER and DALLARS?

Truly the very best of all wordsmiths.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Tai-Pan posted:

He said it is available for "drives".
I can SEE the moss on the tires and no one can see through the windshield. He clearly has a different definition of drive than I do.

Also "factory paint and original interior."

At this point it's not really bonus.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is the most amazing thing ever typed by a human being. How in the gently caress do you go from spelling "radiator" correctly to typing out CONTERNER and DALLARS?

Truly the very best of all wordsmiths.

Best guess: :catdrugs:

But here's something I really want.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3032922110.html

And I even like the color.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Horse Divorce posted:

Best guess: :catdrugs:

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3032922110.html

And I even like the color.

Sitting in grass that deep...I'm afraid that when you lift those musty floormats that you will :gonk:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

suicide doors, eh?

That's easily the most hideous mx6 I've ever seen and the guy in the picture is exactly what I'd expect the owner to look like.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Looks like 3/4 the cars posted on ProbeTalk/MX6.com

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

suicide doors, eh?

That's easily the most hideous mx6 I've ever seen and the guy in the picture is exactly what I'd expect the owner to look like.

It is painted like a carp.

SweetJuicyTaco
Jun 17, 2007
sour cream on my beef
I drove a 96 MX-6 V6 M edition until it died of a rod knock. That is one abortion of a MX-6. They are actually fun little cars to drive.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

PainterofCrap posted:

Sitting in grass that deep...I'm afraid that when you lift those musty floormats that you will :gonk:

It's a feature: The Flintstones conversion package.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm at work, could someone post a screencap of this before it leaves us?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2989090355.html

Thanks.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 31, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm at work, could someone post a screencap of this before it leaves us?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2989090355.html

Don Baylor
Oct 24, 2005

Mustang, Ford Mustang. I'll have my Budweiser shaken, not stirred.

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008

haha I just noticed that both photos show him smoking in the car

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
And he didn't give a reply email, not even a masked craigslist one. So I clicked the "let poster know they haven't provided a contact" button like two million times.

Just doing my part! :patriot:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

SweetJuicyTaco posted:

I drove a 96 MX-6 V6 M edition until it died of a rod knock. That is one abortion of a MX-6. They are actually fun little cars to drive.

Both the Probe GT and MX-6 V6 are great little cars. I've owned like 4 now. My Probe GT I picked up off of Craigslist for $1400, drove it for 4 years with almost nothing put into it, and got rid of it for $1100. Hell, Jeremy Clarkson even loved the PGT.

It's kind of sad to see these cars wind up like that.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
We just got rid of our last (third) Probe last winter. All SEs though.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/3048730227.html

Great deal or pain in the rear end? It looks like the $600 Miata I found yesterday fell through so I'm still on the hunt for a sub $1k project. I don't know what working on this generation SE-R is like, or parts availability for that matter.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm always wary of the "easy fix" listings, a head gasket isn't all that expensive to get fixed.

If you're willing to do it yourself, then it's a reasonable deal. I paid that much for my Volvo that was barely running, but I haven't been able to get it on the road yet due to other projects getting in the way.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm always wary of the "easy fix" listings, a head gasket isn't all that expensive to get fixed.

If you're willing to do it yourself, then it's a reasonable deal. I paid that much for my Volvo that was barely running, but I haven't been able to get it on the road yet due to other projects getting in the way.

I've been looking for a relatively major project and I like weird cars. It just seems like all my usual go to project cars are disappearing or actually increasing in price. In the early to mid 2000's I picked up a Taurus SHO, a couple fox bodies including an SVO, a MX-6 GT turbo and MX-6 V6, a Probe GT and a Nissan NX coupe with T-tops all for under $1500 each.

Times are tough for scavengers like myself!

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Noise Complaint posted:

Great deal or pain in the rear end? It looks like the $600 Miata I found yesterday fell through so I'm still on the hunt for a sub $1k project. I don't know what working on this generation SE-R is like, or parts availability for that matter.

The qr25de engine had a couple of issues to take note of

1) Screws for the intake butterfly valves sometimes were not secured properly come loose and get sucked into the combustion chamber with predictable results.

2) The pre-cat in the exhaust manifold would break down quickly and it was possible for some of the pieces to get back into the combustion chamber......similiar results as 1.

Aftermarket for the qr25 was limited back when I was around them so alot of people actually the lower spec one that had the sr20de since alot of jdm turbo equipment would bolt on with little work.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Noise Complaint posted:

It sounds like a huge pain in the rear end. I mean his name is an anagram for 'anal toy' for Christ's sake.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The Big Jesus posted:

It sounds like a huge pain in the rear end. I mean his name is an anagram for 'anal toy' for Christ's sake.

Considering the ad is in NoHo, Anal Toy is probably his real name.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Jesus pogofucking Christ.

Somebody please crush that poor thing out of it's misery

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Where have I seen this before.....

Oh yeah

Superfly

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8LTsik9AMU

Aw geez. :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Horse Divorce posted:

This looks like it was a nice looking custom at one time, probably in the nineties when painted bumpers were in fashion. It reminds me of Car Craft's Project Heavy Metal.