Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zenzirouj posted:

What kind of monster could break those two up?

The economy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Gable Oak posted:

Oooh I am feeling like Dad has continued his work on the cure! No Zimmy, don't stop him! He's probably ever-so-close to unbinding her from the fire.

Doesn't the fire sustain her? As it did Annie's mother before she passed it to Annie?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Boogaleeboo posted:

The economy?
No excuse whatsoever.

Also, I tried applying a heat haze effect to
but couldn't figure it out. I think a mild distortion would look really cool on it.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Having another re-read, just got to my favourite chapter.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=607

Was it ever explained why the cows don't cut the grass around that monument?

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I think it's because Diego programmed the robots to hate Sir Young as he did. One of those great subtle things from this comic.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Oh, poo poo, of course. That's great.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tea-san posted:

As for sales, I sold all the canvases except the square one with Annie. I'm working on making stuff like that available online.

Proof that Kat is everyone's favorite character. :3:

But also heresy! because nobody bought one of those things! :mad:

How much did you sell them for? Super huge amounts of money? I hear that Britain has switched to the Guinea-Bissau Peso. :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dyllyn posted:

Doesn't the fire sustain her? As it did Annie's mother before she passed it to Annie?

I think it's not so much the fire sustains her as the fire is literally her soul.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I think it's not so much the fire sustains her as the fire is literally her soul.

You're quite right. Annie seems really dispassionate at times and but also full of emotion at others. (I think she's the character who's cried the most throughout the series) An interesting contrast for a girl who has a fire that burns within her

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Olivia42 posted:

I think it's because Diego programmed the robots to hate Sir Young as he did. One of those great subtle things from this comic.

Not just Sir Young, but all Protectors of the Court. That's why the laser cow said "Get your hands off me" when Eglamore petted it.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Rasamune posted:

Not just Sir Young, but all Protectors of the Court. That's why the laser cow said "Get your hands off me" when Eglamore petted it.

drat, and here I thought that was just a joke. I love all these subtle layers. Too many stories just beat you over the head with every single plot detail these days, but not this one!

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder if that's how they got the laser cows to agree to making a forcefield, too, since Eglamore would be trapped inside. This was before Kat's robo-cult, after all.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My girlfriend got me the Coyote shirt for my birthday :3:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I wish Tom sold prints of his paintings :(

Also I made this since I like both GKC and Homestuck

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hey, no Gunnerkrigg smut in our thread. :mad:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
You've probably mentioned it somewhere but I expect I missed it, but have you said anything about doing commissions, Tom?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Zimmy is seriously the best character in this comic and should hang out with Kat and Annie more.

Also the page art looks amazing, again.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Zimmy is punching some sort of spectral Anthony in the face, sassing him the whole while. And it's beautiful.

God I love this comic so much.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Woah. Good going, Zimmy... I hope. :ohdear:

I guess the question is what the gently caress is she actually doing? Obviously she's riding up an etheric bone spear to etherically punch etheric Anthony in the face, but who knows what effect that's just had on him in the real world...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good going Zimmy. Now you just killed Tony's soul! I hope you're happy.

Probably, because you are a deamon.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
And we enjoyed looking at it, Tom.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Straight cold cocked a motherfucker with a firefist. Special delivery. Airmail.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Flying flaming red haired rocket punch!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Huh, her hair is going from black-and-red to Annie Pink as she smacks him. And the cut's back. Methinks there's a lot of pissed off Annie powering that punch.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I didn't think it was possible to top Wednesday's awesomeness. Welp.

Gunnerkrigg = best krigg

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Justice has been served. As it should be. :c00l:

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
This page should be sold as a print, it's gorgeous.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

This page is great in every way possible. :swoon:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This is a great moment for Gunnerkrigg and the world.

Was it ever stated anywhere what exactly Annie's father specialized in? Obviously he has some sort of skill when it comes to etheric sciences, but I can't recall anything beyond that. Whatever he's doing, it certainly looks ominous enough.

Hammer Backspace
Jan 3, 2011

we're gonna throw a world domination slumber party and we're not inviting any boys!!!!

Bussamove posted:

Was it ever stated anywhere what exactly Annie's father specialized in? Obviously he has some sort of skill when it comes to etheric sciences, but I can't recall anything beyond that. Whatever he's doing, it certainly looks ominous enough.

Well, obviously he's pretty good at being punched in the face :pcgaming:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bussamove posted:

This is a great moment for Gunnerkrigg and the world.

Psychology. He's currently conducting an experiment to find out what it takes to be The Worst Dad Ever.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Psychology. He's currently conducting an experiment to find out what it takes to be The Worst Dad Ever.

As a Psych student he's not following proper experimental procedure at all and that makes me very upset so double good job Zimmy Zimmer Zims. :colbert:

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 1, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bussamove posted:

As a Psych student he's not following proper experimental procedure at all and that makes me very upset so double good job Zimmy Zimmer Zims. :colbert:

That's what you think. He's got a control daughter in Quislett South. Fortunately, the houses rarely mix.

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Huh, her hair is going from black-and-red to Annie Pink as she smacks him. And the cut's back. Methinks there's a lot of pissed off Annie powering that punch.
I noticed that too. I'm still not really sure what that means though, or what the ethereal world exactly is in the first place (and what its constraints are). And what makes Zimmy different from other people/creatures who can interact with it.
Besides that I love how Tom handles panneling in the ethereal realm, and this page has some really awesome artwork.

I also realised when this chapter started that there's pretty much no characters in GC that isn't interesting in some way. Whether it would've been a Coyote, Jonesy, Kat or Zimmy chapter, it's always something to anticipate.

Hammer Backspace posted:

Well, obviously he's pretty good at being punched in the face :pcgaming:

Technically we're not sure yet who she punched :ssh:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

MikeJF posted:

This is a really good theory and would make a lot of sense. Seems like Annie has a lot of repressed anger that is blending, at least in the ether, with Zimmy, and so we know Zimmy ends up in a sort of crisis as a result trying to separate her identity from Annie's. Maybe.

We'll just have to see. Great art and story either way.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

MikeJF posted:

She also gets Annie's scar on her face as her hair changes color. This is one of the best pages.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I hope Anthony was on the can or something and suddenly got wrecked out of nowhere.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
:woop:

And Zimmy speaks for all of us!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
You're all gonna feel real bad when it turns out Tony was really close to making it so that Annie could live a normal life without dying a few years after she gave birth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

If one measly falcon punch is enough to stop his research after a lifetime of ambiguously-intentioned child neglect, then Tony gots a weak-rear end baby noggin :madmax: