Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Vlaphor posted:

Small question I've been curious that I doubt anybody knows the answer to. What's that thing on Arino's neck? It looks like a burn mark or something and it's been there since the beginning, but I noticed in the Dragon Buster episode that it was covered up with a band-aid and then it was notably less pronounced in later episodes (maybe, could be my imagination or an effect of low video quality).

Yeah it's a huge mole he's had on his neck nearly all his life. Around that episode he got it surgically removed without telling any of his co-workers. Apparently it took Hamaguchi a while to notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I was just thinking with the USA trip DVD coming out, is there a chance of us getting a context of this little clip used during the "Fight! Chief Fighter" music video they gave Arino during the 40th Birthday show?

(The clip is about 15 minutes in the translated compilation video)

I have no idea if this was even from the trip to begin with, so this question might be totally invalid. But, that tree does look a little bit like some that grow here in California.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I just watched the Yuuyu quiz episode. Manager Noda is rapidly becoming one of my favourite regulars, along with Abe and Kibe. He's just so :buddy:

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
Would anyone mind re-upping the manga? None of the links I've found in the thread are still functional, and I'm terribly, morbidly curious what it looks like.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

GetWellGamers posted:

Would anyone mind re-upping the manga? None of the links I've found in the thread are still functional, and I'm terribly, morbidly curious what it looks like.

The link I put up last week still seems to be active.

GCCXcomix.zip

Let me know if it's not though and I'll reup tomorrow if nobody else has before then.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Box of Bunnies posted:

The link I put up last week still seems to be active.

GCCXcomix.zip

Let me know if it's not though and I'll reup tomorrow if nobody else has before then.

Just like last time, I got this back when I tried to download:

Google Chrome posted:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www162.jumbofiles.com:443

Figured it was just me, but who knows.

Edit: Just tried it with IE to make sure it wasn't just Chrome's fault and got a similar error.

JumbocactuarX27 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 2, 2012

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Just tried it myself and it timed out a few times before letting me start the download (and, trying it again, is now timing out a lot more).

I'll reupload it to a different host in the morning if nobody else has by then. Sorry!

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Here's the comix http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/AJ0DBV6X/GCCXcomix.zip_links

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Rewatched all the quiz episodes. They are all great because of the staff interaction. But Yu Yu No Quiz De GO GO! was the best as there is so much staff interaction. Can't wait to see last season's quiz episode soon.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Box of Bunnies posted:

Just tried it myself and it timed out a few times before letting me start the download (and, trying it again, is now timing out a lot more).

I'll reupload it to a different host in the morning if nobody else has by then. Sorry!

Thanks for uploading it in the first place.

Thanks for that. I finally got it. Will read it when I'm not cleaning the house.

Edit: That was awesome. Thanks again for uploading it!

JumbocactuarX27 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 2, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Update from the RGM Facebook page on the GCCX in USA DVD:

quote:

This DVD includes the footage from "ARINO, the Kacho in LA, fan meetings" which was shot at Arcade in the Little Tokyo Galleria on September 9, 2011. If any of you DO NOT WANT to be in the footage to be released, please let us know by sending an e-mail to the following address [gccx0527@stylejam.co.jp], by June 15, 2012.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I get they're asking that because legally they have to present that option but really who went to that event that would not want to be filmed/on a DVD

Jest3
Apr 27, 2010
Really enjoyed the SF 2010 episode, some great humor. The font formatting and color matching for the translations are very well done such as the Game Boy screen.
After the DVD release, do you think an online option of future episodes might be possible?
Something like Amazon streaming or Louis CK's online videos?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Obeast posted:

I have no idea if this was even from the trip to begin with, so this question might be totally invalid. But, that tree does look a little bit like some that grow here in California.
Nah, they just have a poo poo-ton of Japanese Maples/Momiji in the north valley. That's probably Japan with a bunch of said trees. They are among my favorite plants because their leaves look like :420: obviously.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I haven't seen GCCX's 2011 live New Years special yet, so this is my first time seeing this as someone uploaded this clip: they brought in a pianist who's famous on NicoNico Video (Japan's Youtube) and he performed a piano medley of all the battle music from Dragon Quest 1 through 9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwL4GbfCFDU

Arino's comment in the end: "Did Dragon Quest have a 'Make --> Riceball' command?"

You can listen to more of this guy's work on his Youtube account.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 3, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

...they brought in a pianist who's famous on NicoNico Video (Japan's Youtube) and he performed a piano medley of all the battle music from Dragon Quest 1 through 9.

I must admit, I got all excited hoping for the great Prof Sakamoto, but this is still pretty fantastic.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Obeast posted:

I was just thinking with the USA trip DVD coming out, is there a chance of us getting a context of this little clip used during the "Fight! Chief Fighter" music video they gave Arino during the 40th Birthday show?

(The clip is about 15 minutes in the translated compilation video)

I just assumed it was a throw-away clip of Arino just messing around. Fluff they record between trips. In this case him messing with a squirrel.

Either way it was funny within the context of that music video.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

zari-gani posted:

I haven't seen GCCX's 2011 live New Years special yet, so this is my first time seeing this as someone uploaded this clip: they brought in a pianist who's famous on NicoNico Video (Japan's Youtube) and he performed a piano medley of all the battle music from Dragon Quest 1 through 9.

Oh Arino. :downs:

BAKOON
Feb 1, 2008

the fart doctor

zari-gani posted:

Arino's comment in the end: "Did Dragon Quest have a 'Make --> Riceball' command?"

You can listen to more of this guy's work on his Youtube account.

The second half of the special was good.

There was a comedy dog.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Him holding up the little plastic cups and moving his eyes back and forth at the end is prime gif materiual.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
I just wanted to stop by to say that I recently discovered this, and it's amazing. I really appreciate the effort you guys went through to translate this. Although I have to say that I tried watching some of the Kotaku Ninja Gaiden episode and found the narration very obnoxious.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

TemporalParadox posted:

Although I have to say that I tried watching some of the Kotaku Ninja Gaiden episode and found the narration very obnoxious.

We pretty much all did. Which is why we're glad that the upcoming US DVD release will have the original voice overs done by Producer Kan as an option for the Kotaku 12. Along with all the episodes' subtitles being (re-)translated by our team's own zari-gani.

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

Volfogg posted:

We pretty much all did. Which is why we're glad that the upcoming US DVD release will have the original voice overs done by Producer Kan as an option for the Kotaku 12. Along with all the episodes' subtitles being (re-)translated by our team's own zari-gani.
Great to hear!

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I love how GCCX is embracing it's fanbase, and fans generally, that NicoNico player and getting art done by zari-gani plus other stuff.

I feel like if the show was made in America, this thread would've been pulled down by DMCA already and everybody who helped to spread the show, would've been sued for millions and also fans would be considered as a nuisance, instead of an asset.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

makere posted:

I love how GCCX is embracing it's fanbase, and fans generally, that NicoNico player and getting art done by zari-gani plus other stuff.

I feel like if the show was made in America, this thread would've been pulled down by DMCA already and everybody who helped to spread the show, would've been sued for millions and also fans would be considered as a nuisance, instead of an asset.

Well, yes, if the show was made in America there would be no reason to be subbing it and providing torrent links. Of course it would be.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Wendell posted:

Well, yes, if the show was made in America there would be no reason to be subbing it and providing torrent links. Of course it would be.

Even if people were subbing it to non-english languages? (for example Japanese?)

There would still be reasons for a subbing project, even though you probably wouldn't need it to be subbed.

I just feel that Americans are more hostile with copyright laws, as in japanese seem to be pretty neutral/silent about fansubbing projects.

makere fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 3, 2012

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

makere posted:

Even if people were subbing it to non-english languages? (for example Japanese?)

There would still be reasons for a subbing project, even though you probably wouldn't need it to be subbed.

I just feel that Americans are more hostile with copyright laws, as in japanese seem to be pretty neutral/silent about sansubbing projects.

I wonder if there exists some Japanese forum like us, where they're currently translating Seinfeld or something into Japanese.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ineffiable posted:

I wonder if there exists some Japanese forum like us, where they're currently translating Seinfeld or something into Japanese.

"You HIKKIKOMORI MANCHILDREN just don't understand the subtle humorous overtones and sexual tension of true classic American sitcoms like the Drew Carey Show"
:goonsay:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

I know you're just joking but it's already been translated to Japanese

It's called Tonari no Seinfeld. Yes, like Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro).

The Drew Carey Show has also been translated to Japanese. They call it Drew Carey DE Show! in a delightful pun of -desho.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

zari-gani posted:

It's called Tonari no Seinfeld. Yes, like Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro).

I've been watching all seasons of Seinfeld recently, and I swear this was brought up in the episode The Checks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zari-gani posted:

The Drew Carey Show has also been translated to Japanese. They call it Drew Carey DE Show! in a delightful pun of -desho.

I am not sure why but "My Neighbor Seinfeld" is like the best translated title I've ever heard. I want the original show to be called that now.

Also for Jerry Seinfeld to be replaced by a giant animated adorable creature.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I'm laughing super hard at this right now. Someone please draw the bus stop scene except with Seinfeld.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

zari-gani posted:

I wonder if this vague bemusement I'm feeling right now is how the average Japanese nerd feels about America getting translated versions of GCCX. :v:

On another note, I just watched the Street Fighter 2010 episode (thanks again SA Team!), and in the first ten minutes I recognized it as "that fuckin game my parents got me when I was five instead of Street Fighter II for the SNES." I never got past the eyeball ceiling boss :(

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 3, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

I'm laughing super hard at this right now. Someone please draw the bus stop scene except with Seinfeld.

The flying scene was what immediately came to mind for me, and Seinfeld's smile works so well with Totoro's trademark grin so of course I had to draw it.

Now we'll never speak of it again in this Game Center CX thread.

Regarding Street Fighter 2010, I've always loved how Random Stranger listed its genre as "child disappointer" in the OP.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

The flying scene was what immediately came to mind for me, and Seinfeld's smile works so well with Totoro's trademark grin so of course I had to draw it.

Regarding Street Fighter 2010, I've always loved how Random Stranger listed its genre as "child disappointer" in the OP.

you are consistently the best holy poo poo

Also regarding Street Fighter 2010, I love how the ending is literally "No Kevin, you are the demons."

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 4, 2012

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhV4whO0Xps

Well, aside from Jerry's voice, I think they actually did a decent job with the dub. Of course, it's got to be pretty difficult to translate such a jargon heavy show into another language, so I imagine some of those scripts end up pretty different.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Cemetry Gator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhV4whO0Xps

Well, aside from Jerry's voice, I think they actually did a decent job with the dub. Of course, it's got to be pretty difficult to translate such a jargon heavy show into another language, so I imagine some of those scripts end up pretty different.

Now we need someone to start translating My Neighbor Seinfeld, and have people watch it and remark its a completely different show than Seinfeld itself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zari-gani posted:

And my wish was half granted, and it sas wonderful.

"Child disappointer" really describes SF2010 to a T. That or "child enrager."

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

What's the deal with anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

zari-gani posted:

Nope, think we're going to be talking about this legendary moment for a while yet.